daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 9th, 2014, 10:08 PM   #2841
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1936

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
6 November 2014

2 expressways with a combined length of 401 kilometers opened to traffic in western Xinjiang, China.

A 223 kilometer long north-south expressway opened to traffic from Sanchakou to Yarkant. It runs just west of the Taklamakan Desert. It begins and ends at the Tuhe Expressway (G3012).

A 178 kilometer long east-west expressway opened to traffic from Kashgar to Makit. It intersects the other expressway west of Makit.

Maybe CNGL knows the official names and numbers?
I don't have any idea what number could have the East-West expressway. The North-South one may be part of S23 Aksu-Tibet expressway, but Sanchakou belongs to Kashgar...

By the way, the Turpan-Hotan expressway is G3012, not G3014 (That is the Kuytun-Altay one).

Quote:
9 November 2014

A 130 kilometer extension of the S40 'Suihong Expressway' opened to traffic in Sichuan province. It runs from Ziyang (G76) to Hongya. The name suggests the expressway is now completed from Suining to Hongya.
The incomplete Wikipedia list luckily has listed a S40 Suining-Hongya expressway, so Sichuan's S40 is now complete.

By the way, I also refer to some expressways by different names to those of Wikipedia. Those include the G6 Beijing-Tibet expressway (Beijing-Lhasa in the Wiki), G7 Beijing-Xinjiang expressway (Beijing-Urumqi), and G40 Shanghai-Shaanxi (Or Shanghai-The other Shanxi) expressway (Shanghai-Xi'an).
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 12th, 2014, 05:10 AM   #2842
NFZANMNIM

Likes (Received): 819

May I ask what this expressway's called?
https://maps.google.ca/maps?ll=38.28...96645&t=h&z=13
NFZANMNIM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2014, 10:14 AM   #2843
hhzz

Likes (Received): 1274

Baise-Jingxi expressway

Baise-Jingxi expressway is expected to open at the end of this year.

Jingxi county,Guangxi,Southern China.
[IMG]http://i57.************/qyziis.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i59.************/380h3.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i60.************/zty8o8.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i60.************/169gi04.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i59.************/2i2ae80.jpg[/IMG]
[IMG]http://i57.************/wrb79u.jpg[/IMG]

--------------------
By 靖峥 from hongdou
Old November 12th, 2014, 10:30 AM   #2844
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19406

Interesting geography.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2014, 04:03 PM   #2845
CNGL
Leudimin

That expressway is part of the G69 Yinchuan-Baise expressway... even if it's South of Baise!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NFZANMNIM View Post
May I ask what this expressway's called?
https://maps.google.ca/maps?ll=38.28...96645&t=h&z=13
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
Anyway, some time ago I discovered that a 2x4, G4 Shijiazhuang bypass is U/C.
There you go.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
Old November 12th, 2014, 06:45 PM   #2846
NFZANMNIM

And how about this?
https://maps.google.ca/maps?saddr=%E...sz=15&t=m&z=12
I'm assuming it's G2001 Shijiazhuang Ring Expway
Old November 13th, 2014, 12:20 AM   #2847
CNGL
Leudimin

It is definitely part of Shijiazhuang ringroad, but it's not sure if it is numbered G2001 as neither Google nor Baidu show any number (I remember the Changchun case, claimed by Wikipedia to be G2501 but actually signed G0102 despite the presence of G102 in the area). 'G5' Southwest of there is also part of the ring, as is G20 and the new U/C G4.
Old November 22nd, 2014, 10:31 PM   #2848
CNGL
Leudimin

Again, numbering puzzles me. Now that the expressways opened on November 6 in far Western China are shown in Baidu, it appears that the North-South, Sanchakou-Shache expressway is numbered S13 while the East-West, Makit-Kashgar one is S16. However according to Wikipedia, those numbers belong to two planned expressways further East and North (Kuytun-Hotan and Yining-Kumul/Hami, the latter of which includes the section beyond the G3016 end). Not sure what is correct .
Old November 28th, 2014, 09:45 PM   #2849
ChrisZwolle
Road user

I noticed China hasn't opened the 10.000 km of expressways a year so far. Are they planning for another multi-thousand kilometer opening bonanza in late December?

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

biesiadnik liked this post
Old November 28th, 2014, 10:53 PM   #2850
CNGL
Leudimin

Maybe because they already have opened all what they had planned .

They also have 172.6 km of metro due to open on the last days of the year. It won't be able to get through all that, like last year...

biesiadnik liked this post
Old December 1st, 2014, 05:30 PM   #2851
CNGL
Leudimin

Quote:
30 November 2014

A 145 kilometer segment of expressway opened to traffic in western Gansu, China. It runs from G30 at Guazhou to G215 at Dunhuang. It was constructed largely by twinning the existing S314 provincial road. It may be a part of G3011 Liuge Expressway that would run from Liuyuan to Golmud.
It is indeed part of the G3011, since the Wikipedia map shows a shift to the East from the originally planned route along G215 to Liuyuan and now ends at Guazhou (Not Guangzhou ) along one of the very few decomissioned roads in China, as this was formerly G313. Anyway, a Liuyuan-Dunhuang expressway is still planned, but as a provincial one (S23 IIRC).
Old December 1st, 2014, 09:55 PM   #2852
ChrisZwolle
Road user

What do you know about S20 Dexiao Expressway and S2013 Chade Expressway in Qinghai? Are they suppose to be a part of G6, or will G6 run south along G109 to Golmud?

Both S20 and S2013 seems to be a twinning of G315.
Old December 2nd, 2014, 01:06 AM   #2853
NFZANMNIM

G6 is gonna turn south on Chaka and go south along G109, so S20 and S2013 will remain
Old December 2nd, 2014, 04:30 PM   #2854
CNGL
Leudimin

Where did you found that map?

Anyway, S20 won't last long, since they are changing it to G0612. Other expressways shown U/C include G0613 (Along G214) and G0615 (Along S209)

BTW:
Quote:
What do you know about S20 Dexiao Wumang Expressway and S2013 Chade Expressway in Qinghai? Are they suppose to be a part of G6, or will G6 run south along G109 to Golmud?

Both S20 and S2013 seems to be a twinning of G315.
FTFY. S20 is, or was, the Wuwei-Mang'ai (Xinjiang border) expressway, not just Delhi-Little Chaidamu lake.

Last edited by CNGL; December 2nd, 2014 at 04:49 PM.
Old December 2nd, 2014, 05:47 PM   #2855
NFZANMNIM

http://map.ps123.net/china/

This link is full of maps for every administrative division of china.
These are the latest versions of this series of maps, i found maps of every part of china except Shandong
Old December 3rd, 2014, 03:03 PM   #2856
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Quote:
I noticed China hasn't opened the 10.000 km of expressways a year so far. Are they planning for another multi-thousand kilometer opening bonanza in late December?
They opened nearly 900 kilometers of new expressway over the weekend

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

NFZANMNIM, big-dog, dewlin07 liked this post
Old December 3rd, 2014, 04:26 PM   #2857
CNGL
Leudimin

Quote:
28 November 2014

A circa 25 kilometer segment of G4512 Shuangnen Expressway opened to traffic in Jilin province, from G12 at Baicheng to Zhenlai. Another segment of expressway along the southern side of Baicheng also opened to traffic, but it is unclear if this east-west route is also part of G4512, which runs north-south.

S19 Nentai Expressway in Heilongjiang province is likely a part of G4512. That 370 km expressway opened in 2010.
The Nenjiang-Tailai expressway is indeed part of the Shuangliao-Nenjiang. As is the the segment of expressway South of Baicheng, since it ends at S207 which is the road to Shuangliao.
Old December 3rd, 2014, 04:31 PM   #2858
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
As is the the segment of expressway South of Baicheng, since it ends at S207 which is the road to Shuangliao.
I doubt that. The segment that runs west along the southern side of Baicheng seems to go farther west than S207, and at the same time there is another branch from the G12 interchange that goes directly south.

Old December 3rd, 2014, 08:26 PM   #2859
CNGL
Leudimin

Woops. Then the South Baicheng beltline is S1203 IIRC.
Old December 3rd, 2014, 09:39 PM   #2860
NFZANMNIM

Quote:
They opened nearly 900 kilometers of new expressway over the weekend
where are these 900 km of expressway?