daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 30th, 2015, 01:14 PM   #2921
italystf

Likes (Received): 2186

Quote:
Originally Posted by feisibuke View Post
Yet another China hater? It is no worse than someone who crashes a Lamborghini Huracan at more than 300 km/h. Do not be double standard. Thanks.

Facebook is dangerous. It is like giving out our complete population data to the United States, which sees us as their enemy. If I was the government, I would block it anyway. Google is rude. They should be punished for their attitude. The United States is not friendly to Chinese companies doing business over there either.
Oh, please not.
First, nobody forces you to open a Facebook or Google+ account. If you are concerned about the United States accessing your personal data, you simply don't use social networks. It's a personal choise, the government should have no right to dictate if people can use social networks or not.
Second, unless you are a politician, a boss of a big company, a high level in the army, a secret agent or a (suspect) terrorist or criminal, the USA has no interest to spy you. You are simply one of the 7 billion people in the earth who has his own private life. The worst thing that usually happens to common people on Facebook (as long as you use the common sense, that means installing an antivirus and firewall and not accepting "suspect" people as friends), is getting ads according to your online activity.
Third, if you are concerned about the USA spying your online activity, why you are perfectly OK with the Chinese government spying you and suspending your online connection or even prosecute you if you visit "wrong" websites?
Sorry for the long OT, but I can't accept people in the 21th century supporting such backward ideals that were common, let's say, in Nazi Germany or in the commie eastern bloc.
And in Europe, if you drive 300km\h, you will get a huge fine and a long suspension of driving license (or even arrest, in some countries like Spain). In China (or Russia, Latin America, etc...) you'll probably get away with a bribe.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.

lmpanp liked this post
italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 30th, 2015, 03:21 PM   #2922
feisibuke

Likes (Received): 191

Quote:
Originally Posted by italystf View Post
And in Europe, if you drive 300km\h, you will get a huge fine and a long suspension of driving license (or even arrest, in some countries like Spain). In China (or Russia, Latin America, etc...) you'll probably get away with a bribe.
You obviously do not know what is happening in China. In Russia, you can probably go away with a bribe. In China, you got 3 points if you drive <20% overspeed, or 6 points for driving 20%–50% overspeed, or 12 points for driving 50%+ overspeed. If you got 12 points or more in one year, you lose your driving license. Polices usually do not come after you and fine you in person, so there is rarely an opportunity for bribe. Cameras and radars do the job. Two or three days after you drive overspeed, you can check your records online. You will also be optionally notified on SMS or WeChat. You pay your fine in a bank.
feisibuke no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 30th, 2015, 07:00 PM   #2923
feisibuke

Street View Animation from Kunming in Yunnan to Lhasa in Tibet

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerleapgorge View Post
Could you tell me how this video is made? I would like to make one for the Yunnan-Tibet Highway.

This video was made from 135,185 individual street view images on map.qq.com, image date from November 6, 2011 to August 8, 2014.

00:00:00 Kunming, 1895 meters above sea level
00:11:17 Dali, 1978 m
00:14:22 Erhai Lake, 1972 m – There is no street view for the new Dali–Lijiang Expressway and new Lijiang–Zhongdian–Deqen Highway. Road condition has improved a lot in these sections.
00:23:51 Lijiang, 2400 m
00:34:56 Zhongdian / Shangri-La, 3290 m
00:48:14 Deqin / Deqen, 3300 m
00:54:56 Yunnan-Tibet border, 2280 m
01:02:24 Mangkang / Markam, 3870 m
01:11:55 Dongda Mountain, 5008 m
01:14:52 Zuogong / Zogang, 3810 m
01:20:56 Bangda / Bamda, 4125 m
01:21:51 Yela Mountain, 4658 m – Famous for dozens of turns, G318 loses nearly 2000 meters altitude from the mountain pass down to the Nujiang river. street view link
01:25:07 Nujiang Bridge, 2750 m – Soldiers guarding the bridge, only one vehicle is allowed at one time.
01:27:20 Basu / Baxoi, 3275 m
01:32:30 Ranwu / Rawu, 3940 m
01:39:04 Bomi / Bome, 2732 m
01:44:56 Tongmai Bridge, 2030 m – For the bad geologic and road condition. The original bridge was destroyed in an earthquake and mudslide in 2000. A new “temporary” bridge was built with a capacity of 20 tons. Soldiers guarding the bridge and only allows one truck or two cars on the bridge at one time. On August 2, 2013 at 11:27pm, the bridge collapsed when a truck weighs 18.9 tons was passing through, killed four, include two backpackers. G318 was interrupted for 39 days. Multiple tunnels under construction in this region and should be opened in the next one or two years.
01:51:33 Segrila / Sejila Mountain, 4728 m
01:54:31 Nyingchi, 2990 m
02:30:20 Shannan / Lhoka, 3565 m
02:39:10 Lhasa, 3650 m

Last edited by feisibuke; January 30th, 2015 at 07:06 PM.
Old January 31st, 2015, 01:22 AM   #2924
Kanadzie

Likes (Received): 748

Quote:
Yet another China hater? It is no worse than someone who crashes a Lamborghini Huracan at more than 300 km/h. Do not be double standard. Thanks.

Facebook is dangerous. It is like giving out our complete population data to the United States, which sees us as their enemy. If I was the government, I would block it anyway. Google is rude. They should be punished for their attitude. The United States is not friendly to Chinese companies doing business over there either.
it isn't fair to say USA is anti-China... the country imports many things from China, and there are millions of Chinese people living in the USA too
Old January 31st, 2015, 08:54 AM   #2925
hhzz

Likes (Received): 1274

Quote:
This video was made from 135,185 individual street view images on map.qq.com, image date from November 6, 2011 to August 8, 2014.
wow,how long it takes for you to complete this video?
hhzz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2015, 09:48 AM   #2926
hhzz

Likes (Received): 1274

Xinxu expressway(Xinhua-Xupu),Hunan Province,opened on December 31,2014.

-----------
jt.rednet.cn
Old January 31st, 2015, 05:28 PM   #2927
RHPLUS
BANNED

Likes (Received): 207

Chinese street view is here:
http://ditu.city8.com/fullmap/

right click on upper bar and translate to your language

Very high quality 360-panoramas much more better then Google maps

Last edited by RHPLUS; January 31st, 2015 at 05:34 PM.
RHPLUS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2015, 05:49 PM   #2928
keokiracer
Roadgeek from NL

Likes (Received): 2629

Quote:
Originally Posted by RHPLUS View Post
Chinese street view is here:
My antivirus went apeshit as soon as I clicked that link.
keokiracer está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2015, 05:57 PM   #2929
RHPLUS
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by keokiracer View Post
My antivirus went apeshit as soon as I clicked that link.
ensure the site is safety
Old February 1st, 2015, 12:27 AM   #2930
Fargo Wolf
Resident Smartass.

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:

00:14:22 Erhai Lake, 1972 m – There is no street view for the new
Regarding the ferry across the lake, was it a vehicle ferry (I know the camera unit was moved up to the passenger deck for the two runs across the lake), or is passengers only? Just curious.
Old February 1st, 2015, 03:26 AM   #2931
citysteven

Likes (Received): 4

there is no such thing of vehicle feery in china

[QUOTE=Fargo Wolf;121117309]Regarding the ferry across the lake, was it a vehicle ferry (I know the camera unit was moved up to the passenger deck for the two runs across the lake), or is passengers only? Just curious. [/QUOT

China is very very advanced in building tunnel and bridge. there is no such thing of vehicle ferry in china. they will sure either build huge bridge or dig tunnel when their roads meet the lake or mountain.
citysteven no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2015, 11:47 AM   #2932
uwhuskies

Likes (Received): 256

Quote:
Originally Posted by verreme View Post
China is a very big country, so it has a powerful economy, but it's poor in a GDP-per-capita scale. This means that they have a lot of expressways, but they are not that many if you divide them by the population they serve. Law enforcement is very expensive and China is not rich enough to afford it yet -the only thing they've done (as it can be seen in the videos) is putting up speed cameras, which look pretty useless since drivers just brake when they see it and then they speed up again.
Very expensive fines for traffic infractions can pay for millions of new police officers and equipment. All the excuses about per capita wealth do not address the fact: bad drivers must be removed from the roads to protect others. Let the bad drivers pay for the cops through their fines.
uwhuskies no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2015, 11:02 PM   #2933
feisibuke

[QUOTE=citysteven;121120319]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargo Wolf View Post
Regarding the ferry across the lake, was it a vehicle ferry (I know the camera unit was moved up to the passenger deck for the two runs across the lake), or is passengers only? Just curious. [/QUOT

China is very very advanced in building tunnel and bridge. there is no such thing of vehicle ferry in china. they will sure either build huge bridge or dig tunnel when their roads meet the lake or mountain.
There are vehicle ferries across Qiongzhou Strait, also between Dalian and Yantai/Weihai.
Old February 1st, 2015, 11:30 PM   #2934
Fargo Wolf
Resident Smartass.

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
There are vehicle ferries across Qiongzhou Strait, also between Dalian and Yantai/Weihai.
Thanks, Fersibuke. I knew about the ones to Hainan Island and have seen pis and vids of them online. I didn't know about ferries between Yantai/Weihai. I thought there was a bridge between those two cities now.

I looked around on Google Maps and found some running across the Yangtze River @ Jiangyin (S229), as well as other points along that river. I'm also aware of one north of Guangyuan which serves a County Road. Would love to know if you would be able to find out more about them and see if you could find more pics of them (I've found a handful online already).
Old February 2nd, 2015, 02:01 PM   #2935
RHPLUS
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fargo Wolf View Post
Thanks, Fersibuke. I knew about the ones to Hainan Island and have seen pis and vids of them online. I didn't know about ferries between Yantai/Weihai. I thought there was a bridge between those two cities now.

I looked around on Google Maps and found some running across the Yangtze River @ Jiangyin (S229), as well as other points along that river. I'm also aware of one north of Guangyuan which serves a County Road. Would love to know if you would be able to find out more about them and see if you could find more pics of them (I've found a handful online already).
everyting is here:
Old February 3rd, 2015, 03:37 AM   #2936
tigerleapgorge

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:

This is absolutely phenomenal!: Thank you for all the hard work.

One question (not to sound ungrateful), since there qq maps has street view all the way out to Lake Manasarovar, would you be interested in doing that some day?

Once again, this is awesome. I watched the whole things twice already.
tigerleapgorge no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 4th, 2015, 10:36 PM   #2937
Svartmetall
Ordo Ab Chao

Location: Past: Northampton, UK (19 years), Auckland NZ (7 years), Now: Stockholm, Sweden
Likes (Received): 8819

A couple of my views of some of the Beijing ring roads. These were taken on Boxing Day (26th December) last year.

4th ring road at Olympic Park.

2nd ring road at Galaxy SOHO.

Svartmetall está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2015, 11:58 PM   #2938
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1936

Every time Chris posts a expressway opening in China...
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
2015 February 5 (Fixed to Chinese order)

A 19 kilometer extension of the S21 Guanghui Expressway opened to traffic in Guangdong province. It runs from G15 near Huidong to a peninsula in the South China Sea. It features a circa 2.6 km long low-level bridge.
... I run to Baidu Maps to see it (and if it has actually opened, unopened sections aren't marked). Same goes with metro extensions. Baidu also has a Street View, but it has less coverage than Tencent's.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2015, 03:25 PM   #2939
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19406

Baidu Map is surprisingly up-to-date for expressways. They are often included on the opening day.

In some cases they don't have the number though.
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2015, 06:39 AM   #2940
Innsertnamehere
insertoronto

Likes (Received): 681

its unfortunate Google has such a bad relationship with the chinese government, it would be nice to be able to access google streetview in china. Hell, even full coverage of Germany would be nice.
Innsertnamehere no está en línea   Reply With Quote