daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 9th, 2015, 08:05 PM   #2941
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1936

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
6 February 2015

A 36 kilometer expressway opened to traffic in Jiangsu province, from G15/40 at Nantong to Rudong in the coastal plain. The terrain is very flat and very densely populated.
Nantong-Rudong expressway? Baidu marks it as 'Tongyang' (i.e. Nantong-Yangkou) expressway. And it's neither Nantong-Rudong nor Nantong-Yangkou, but Nantong-Wuxi expressway (And thus S19), which is mostly built in the right bank of the Yangtze. This indicates a bridge across the Yangtze between the existing Suzhou-Nantong and Jiangyin bridges is in the plans.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old February 9th, 2015, 08:18 PM   #2942
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

Yangkou is north of Nantong. The new expressway runs northeast (it is visible on Google Earth). Unless it turns northwest after Rudong. A direct extension to S19 to Wuxi seems weird, they would either have it run concurrent with G40, or build it right through Nantong. The expressway is also not located between Wuxi and Nantong.

Perhaps it's one of those 'port expressways'.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

Norge78 liked this post
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2015, 09:37 PM   #2943
VECTROTALENZIS
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Likes (Received): 4435

This the best streetview in China:

http://map.qq.com/?l=126321396

hhzz, Norge78 liked this post
VECTROTALENZIS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2015, 11:47 PM   #2944
CNGL
Leudimin

I knew Tencent Street View had more coverage than Baidu's. But still, it's far from covering the whole country.
Quote:
Yangkou is north of Nantong. The new expressway runs northeast (it is visible on Google Earth). Unless it turns northwest after Rudong. A direct extension to S19 to Wuxi seems weird, they would either have it run concurrent with G40, or build it right through Nantong. The expressway is also not located between Wuxi and Nantong.

Perhaps it's one of those 'port expressways'.
Chinese Wikipedia has a map of Jiangsu expressways, and the line that represents this expressway is joined with existing S19 in the other side of the Yangtze, that's why I believe this is part of the Nantong-Wuxi expressway.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
Old February 11th, 2015, 02:11 AM   #2945
VECTROTALENZIS
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

They are adding more and more areas all the time, China's big, so it will take a while until the whole country is covered. Just look at Europe in Google street view, it's also not fully covered.
Old February 11th, 2015, 05:16 AM   #2946
keokiracer
Roadgeek from NL

Likes (Received): 2629

Quote:
Originally Posted by VECTROTALENZIS View Post

They are adding more and more areas all the time, China's big, so it will take a while until the whole country is covered. Just look at Europe in Google street view, it's also not fully covered.
Most areas in Europe that aren't covered by Google Streetview are areas that have chosen to not allow publishing of those imagery (with the excuse of privacyissues). This is the case for Germany, Austria and also used to be the case for Luxembourg, but they managed to work around that somehow since there's imagery there now. Don't know about Ukraine, Moldova, Belarus and most countries in former Jugoslavia. Might be the same reason.
keokiracer está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2015, 08:57 AM   #2947
hhzz

Likes (Received): 1274

The Tencent Street View is great,even the Mount Everest base camp was covered several years ago.
hhzz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 11th, 2015, 03:42 PM   #2948
CNGL
Leudimin

Entering Beijing on G111, but still 166 km to Beijing! http://map.qq.com/?l=126321396#pano=...itch=-6&zoom=2
Old February 12th, 2015, 01:36 AM   #2949
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

Quote:
Originally Posted by hhzz View Post
G5 Expressway,Shaanxi section
Really scenic motorway however with awful example of Chinese driving - again

It is interesting to see how quickly those "jungle" conditions wear out road infrastructure in south China.
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2015, 03:17 AM   #2950
sponge_bob

Likes (Received): 2204

Quote:
Originally Posted by keber View Post
Really scenic motorway however with awful example of Chinese driving - again

It is interesting to see how quickly those "jungle" conditions wear out road infrastructure in south China.
The standard of driving in that vid is pure shite. Are mirrors and indicators illegal in China???

The road does not look worn out....do you mean in future some time????
sponge_bob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 12th, 2015, 07:37 AM   #2951
VECTROTALENZIS
★ ★ ★ ★ ★ ★

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
Entering Beijing on G111, but still 166 km to Beijing! http://map.qq.com/?l=126321396#pano=...itch=-6&zoom=2
It says on Chinese it's 166 km to the city districts since the location was in the counties of Beijing. Beijing municipality is quite big as with almost all city municipalities in China and includes a lot of countryside.
Old February 12th, 2015, 09:40 AM   #2952
keber

Likes (Received): 1364

Quote:
Originally Posted by sponge_bob View Post
The road does not look worn out....do you mean in future some time????
No, motorway is fairly new, just few years old but it looks already pretty old (not that it feels like it when driving, just looks like that) or better said weathered caused by subtropical weather and invasive plant foilage.
keber no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 16th, 2015, 11:42 PM   #2953
CNGL
Leudimin

Quote:
16 February 2015

A 40 kilometer missing link of G78 Shankun Expressway reportedly opened in Yunnan province. It would run from Luliang to Shilin, but 2014 imagery shows only a four-lane highway with no controlled-access and no new expressway under construction. Even in China they don't build new expressways in one year, but it may have been an upgrade of that four-lane G324.
First of all, it is marked in Baidu Maps? Because any expressway should be marked there in order to be sure it has opened . I'll check tomorrow, as I'm on my cellphone.

Edit: Nope, it's not in Baidu, so no Shantou-Kunming expressway between Luliang and Shilin yet
Quote:
16 February 2015

A 66 kilometer segment of the G76 Xiarong Expressway opened to traffic in Guizhou, from G60 west of Guiyang to near Zhijin. As many of you may know, Guizhou has extremely rugged terrain, and this new expressway includes the 219 meter high Sanchahe Bridge

The next segment to Nayong is under construction and features another very high bridge. The stretch near Nayong opened to traffic on 10 January 2015 (13 km).
This used to be S85, until the 2013 plan came out and G76 absorbed all of it. I've seen recently, don't remember where, a map of all planned expressways in Guizhou. Anyway, I'm awaiting for the opening of a G56 section near Liupanshui but already in Yunnan, it includes the Puli bridge which I've read it will stand a bit higher than Sidu River bridge on G50, and thus claiming the world record!

Last edited by CNGL; February 17th, 2015 at 06:39 PM.
Old February 19th, 2015, 11:40 PM   #2954
CNGL
Leudimin

I forgot about the nearby Duge bridge over the North Pan river, which will be even higher at 560 meters. Also the Taku bridge over the Jinsha Yangtze river on the G4216 will surpass the Puli one in height.

And the Guizhou planned expressways map is here.

Last edited by CNGL; February 19th, 2015 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Add Guizhou map
Old March 2nd, 2015, 12:06 PM   #2955
hhzz

Likes (Received): 1274

High elevation mountain road driving in Sichuan Province.

Pansori, CarlosBlueDragon liked this post
hhzz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 2nd, 2015, 07:47 PM   #2956
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

A new alignment of G4 'Jinggang'ao Expressway' opened to traffic on 21 December 2014. It is an 81 kilometer bypass of Shijuazhuang in Hebei province. It runs 17 kilometers east of the original G4.

According to Baidu Maps, the old G4 is numbered S9902.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

tigerleapgorge, NFZANMNIM liked this post
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2015, 09:17 AM   #2957
NFZANMNIM

Likes (Received): 819

Thank you for the information, I remember, two months ago I asked if anyone knew this, as I am adding detailed information on Chinese Expressways in English Wiki (Currently working on G5)
I'll update it as fast as I can

While working on G5, I ran into some brilliant pictures of G5 in Shanxi, in Lingshi area

JuaanAcosta, VECTROTALENZIS liked this post
NFZANMNIM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2015, 12:57 PM   #2958
CNGL
Leudimin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFZANMNIM View Post
Thank you for the information, I remember, two months ago I asked if anyone knew this, as I am adding detailed information on Chinese Expressways in English Wiki (Currently working on G5)
I'll update it as fast as I can
Great! Just a couple things: You wrote the exit list for G1N in the wrong way, and the whole G4W3 has been open for a few months now (You have marked it as under construction).

But... I'm suspecting about who's updating the Wikipedia (Unless it was a voluntary username change).
Old March 6th, 2015, 04:17 AM   #2959
NFZANMNIM

Likes (Received): 819

Aren't East-west expressway exits numbered East to West?
And about G4w3 you are right, and it's not numbered S1 anymore.
I think I used Google maps for it, and it's not updated yet, I'll update it using qq map soon
thanks

(And "Nima Farid" is my account on wiki)

Update: G4 update, S9902 Xinyuan Epxressway addition and G4w3 correction are done now, thanks Chris and CNGL for your helps

Last edited by NFZANMNIM; March 6th, 2015 at 09:46 AM.
NFZANMNIM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2015, 11:17 AM   #2960
CNGL
Leudimin

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFZANMNIM View Post
Aren't East-west expressway exits numbered East to West?
It is a radial out of Beijing (Or more exactly, an alternate route), so it will start in Beijing. It's also implied by its name: Beijing-Qinhuangdao expressway, as it stands now it appears to be Qinhuangdao-Beijing expressway.