daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 24th, 2015, 08:46 PM   #3001
kunming tiger

Likes (Received): 1665

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
Two expressway sections opened in China during May:
May 9: G59 Hohhot-Beihai expressway in Shanxi, Lin county to Lüliang/Lvliang/Lyuliang/Whatever is romanized, 73 km.
May 30: G56 Hangzhou-Ruili expressway in Yunnan, Mangshi (labelled in Google Maps as Dehong Daizu Jingpozu) to Wangding, 72 km. The gap between Zhen'an and Mangshi as well as the final section to Ruili are still U/C.
Approximately how much of the G56 in Yunnan is still to be completed and when would it be finished?
kunming tiger no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 30th, 2015, 10:50 PM   #3002
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19391

toll roads

http://www.globalpost.com/article/65...er-huge-losses

China's toll roads extended losses last year due to a sharp rise in loan repayments, an official report said Tuesday.

Turnpikes nationwide posted combined losses of 157 billion yuan (25.7 billion U.S. dollars) in 2014, a huge increase from 66.1 billion yuan a year ago, according to the Ministry of Transport (MOT).

Total revenue stood at 392 billion yuan, a figure good enough to rank 13th in China's Fortune 500 if the road network is seen as a company, but expenditures were much bigger -- 549 billion yuan.
Full report: http://www.globalpost.com/article/65...er-huge-losses
ChrisZwolle está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 1st, 2015, 03:28 PM   #3003
ChrisZwolle
Road user

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

devo, dewlin07, tigerleapgorge, big-dog liked this post
Old July 1st, 2015, 03:48 PM   #3004
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1935

With that double trumpet turnaround, it would be easy to exit via the same toll gate one entered . I found it somewhere in Kalpin/Keping, on the recently opened section of the G3012 Turpan-Hotan expressway.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
CNGL está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2015, 02:16 PM   #3005
BEE2

Likes (Received): 152

Regarding the previous page---Ya'an highway...

Anyone knows why some of piers were made of steel instead of concrete in
such a humid circumstance? I am concerned about the high maintenance
costs in the future.
BEE2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2015, 07:26 PM   #3006
CNGL
Leudimin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
7 July 2015

A 33 kilometer segment of the G25 Changchun - Shenzhen Expressway (Changshen Expressway) opened to traffic in northern China. It runs from Kangping in Liaoning province to a town called Charisuzhen in Inner Mongolia. The Inner Mongolia stretch was already completed by 2011, but could not open until the Liaoning section (24 km) opened to traffic today.

This is part of a new alignment of G25 Changshen Expressway in this part of China. G25 originally ended at G1 near Siping, but was routed via Shuangliao. The Shuangliao - Changchun segment is still under construction.
IIRC G25 was always planned to start in Changchun, then bump with G45 in Shuangliao and bump again with Liaoning provincial expressways in Kangping. The Kangping-Siping expressway has been always S17 (Google has mistaken it for G25). It's not like G2, G5 and G7, which were originally planned to be concurrent with other expressways leaving Beijing but then got realigned. The case of G7 is notable in that it will now cut through extreme Northern Shanxi while its former partner G6 misses it as it goes directly from Hebei to Inner Mongolia.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
Old July 20th, 2015, 11:53 PM   #3007
CNGL
Leudimin

While searching again for that 'Welcome to Beijing, but there's still 166 km to Beijing' sign in the Northernmost tip of the Beijing municipality, I've discovered that particular section of G111, which included a mountain pass, has now been bypassed by a new 2x2 tunnel. The new road is visible U/C from Tanghekou all the way to the border in Google Maps, and already finished from there to Dage (labelled as Fengning Manchu).

Last edited by CNGL; July 23rd, 2015 at 12:01 AM. Reason: Epic fail...
Old July 22nd, 2015, 11:40 PM   #3008
CNGL
Leudimin

We have some stats about the Chinese roads. The following are the ten worst black spots, they claimed 451 lives in 2014. I'm sure some countries had less people killed in their roads than number 1 of this list .
10. G5 in the Laoyu river gorge, Southwest of Xi'an. 25 accidents, 10 deaths.
9. G5 again, but this time Southwest of Guangyuan, Sichuan. 49 accidents, 10 deaths.
8. G20 in Hengshan, Northern 'the other Shanxi' (i.e. Shaanxi). 29 accidents, 11 deaths.
7. Northern section of G2501 Hangzhou ring expressway. 26 accidents, 15 deaths.
6. Western section of G4201 Chengdu ring expressway. 57 accidents, 28 deaths. Up to here mostly trucks were involved, but now we move to regular roads...

5. Gansu's S201 North of Lanzhou. 116 accidents, 40 deaths. Will be bypassed by the Wuhai-Maqen expressway, G1816.
4. G105 in Panyu district, Guangzhou. 124 accidents, 41 deaths. Heavily urbanized area (As is most of the Pearl river delta).
3. G327 in Jiaxiang, Southwestern Shandong. 200 accidents, 67 deaths. Straight-as-an-arrow road, Rizhao-Lankao expressway (G1511) well off the way, no wonder this is a black spot.
2. G104 North of Tai'an, again 'East of the mountain' (Shandong). 298 accidents, 80 deaths. Unlike the last one, this one has Beijing-Taibei expressway (G3) running next to it, but the whole road between Jinan and Tai'an is urbanized.

And the winner is...
1. G102 in Ji county, North of Tianjin. 279 accidents happened in this section in 2014, killing a whooping 149. Luckily the Beijing-Qinhuangdao expressway (G1N) is under construction in this area, so this road should become less dangerous as the trucks will divert to the new road.

Source: this post.
Old August 11th, 2015, 02:02 PM   #3009
hhzz

Likes (Received): 1274

China's first eco-friendly overwater highway opens to traffic,August 9th 2015

An eco-friendly overwater highway opened this week in the mountainous Hubei Province, the first of its kind in the country.
The 10.9km-long highway, 4.4km of which is over water, splits into two as it meets a mountain along the route, a design chosen specifically to avoid damage to the mountain's ecology.

---------
xinhuanet
Old August 15th, 2015, 06:37 PM   #3010
feisibuke

Likes (Received): 191

2015 Driving from China to Thailand – Part 4: Zunyi to Yuxi

http://youtu.be/uIaxU0TQ028

feisibuke no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2015, 10:33 PM   #3011
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Quote:
12 May 2015

A little late, but notable, the last 27 kilometer segment of the G1502 Quanzhou Ring Expressway opened to traffic in Fujian province. It contains a 15.8 km long bridge across the Quanzhou Bay with an eight-lane cable-stayed bridge.
Some images.

I measured the bridge with Google Earth, it is 15.8 km long between the abutments, around 9 km is above water. The main bridge is a cable-stayed bridge with a main span of 400 m, not particularly long.

Bridge length measured on Google Earth. The southern end has long bridges over land.

South interchange.

Main cable-stayed bridge

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

dewlin07, Transhumanista liked this post
Old August 16th, 2015, 07:48 PM   #3012
CNGL
Leudimin

Quote:
13 August 2015

A 54 kilometer segment of the G4012 Lining Expressway (Liyang - Ningde Expressway) opened to traffic in northern Fujian province. It runs from Shouning (near the Zhejiang border) to G1514 near the city of Fu'an. According to Google Earth imagery it contains two tunnels with a length of approximately 5 kilometers.
I'll never understand why this obvious extension of the Yangzhou-Liyang expressway (G4011) got a different number. Sure, it was added in a later plan, but that doesn't justify a new number. Same goes to Ulanhot-Alide'er expressway (G1216, extension of G12) and Lubei-Holin Gol expressway (G2515, extension of G2511). At least they didn't the same with the Yinchuan-Chongqing expressway, and attached it to existing Chongqing-Kunming one (G85, which IMO should take over G8511 to the Laos border)...

BTW, G4012 will actually end at Fu'an, with the rest of the way to Ningde already being G1514, a rare sight of a four digit expressway ending in 4 (The only other is the Kuytun-Altay expressway in Xinjiang, G3014). In the 2013 plan they omitted a ton of them, I'm sure due to 'four' and 'death' only differing in tone. Had they been used, the following designations would remain unused: G0615, G1216, G1817, G2518, G4219, G4515, G5516, G5615, G8515.
Quote:
12 May 2015

A little late, but notable, the last 27 kilometer segment of the G1502 Quanzhou Ring Expressway opened to traffic in Fujian province. It contains a 15.8 km long bridge across the Quanzhou Bay with an eight-lane cable-stayed bridge.
(Leudimin checks the calendar) We are on 'Bayue' (i.e. August), it has been open for a whole three months now. I can't believe I didn't notice this back in June, when I checked openings in May and only found about G56 in Yunnan and G59 in Shanxi .

PS: I believe the official oval for China is CN, not CHN.
Old August 17th, 2015, 04:36 AM   #3013
Silly_Walks

Likes (Received): 836

What's the deal with this thing? Beginning of a bridge? Breakwater?

dewlin07 liked this post
Silly_Walks no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2015, 12:49 AM   #3014
kostas97

Likes (Received): 102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silly_Walks View Post
What's the deal with this thing? Beginning of a bridge? Breakwater?

Probably a glitch of Google maps.....one out of many.....
kostas97 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2015, 05:00 AM   #3015
Innsertnamehere
insertoronto

Likes (Received): 681

If you look at satellite view it appears to be either an abandoned, half complete bridge project, or a large break water which is constructed of solid concrete and has space for a 4 lane road to run across it.

Its been there since at least 2008, which is the earliest imagery Google Earth has.
Innsertnamehere no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2015, 01:55 PM   #3016
NFZANMNIM

Likes (Received): 819

Maybe some sort of a pier? for like yachts and fishing boats?

kolesiowy liked this post
NFZANMNIM no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 22nd, 2015, 11:32 PM   #3017
kolesiowy
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3

How China modern system highway in last year? I cant belive it how huge progres done! Simply Amazing! Greatings from Poland
kolesiowy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2015, 06:10 PM   #3018
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Quote:
25 August 2015

An 85 kilometer segment of G56 Hangrui Expressway (Hangzhou - Ruili Expressway) opened to traffic in eastern Yunnan. It runs from Pulixiang to Xuanwei. Google Earth indicates a very high bridge at the Guizhou border. It runs through an area with deep gorges.
It seems to be the Puli Bridge. According to Highestbridges.com it is 500 meters above the ground.

http://www.highestbridges.com/wiki/i...le=Puli_Bridge

I don't think the bridge opened to traffic yet, the Guizhou segment is not open to traffic. I'm not entirely sure where the first viable access point of G56 is in this area. Baidu Maps suggests a temporary access point from a local road, but it may be possible that it only opened from the nearest interchange in Yunnan, the location of which is uncertain given insufficent Google Earth imagery.

This part of G56 appears to run alongside a very deep gorge. Google Earth imagery of 2013 isn't too clear on its exact alignment, but it indicates some tunnels as well.

Location of the Puli Bridge: https://www.google.com/maps/@26.3227.../data=!3m1!1e3

edit: a photo of Puli Bridge:

Transhumanista, Eastern37, big-dog liked this post

Last edited by ChrisZwolle; August 28th, 2015 at 06:51 PM.
Old August 31st, 2015, 07:10 PM   #3019
CNGL
Leudimin

I attempted to make a list of all expressways currently U/C in China, but there are so many I actually gave up! But at least the final section of G18 near Wuhai is finally U/C, as well as all of G7 through the middle of nowhere.

MichiH liked this post
Old September 2nd, 2015, 12:08 PM   #3020
feisibuke

Likes (Received): 191

60fps 12x speed drive-lapse from Beijing to Yuxi

I forgot to post the 12x speed version I created earlier to this thread. This is faster-yet-shorter version covers the whole trip in less than 3 hours. You can speed it up further to 24x speed by using HTML5 YouTube's fast forward feature.

It was too bad day 5–6's data from Yuxi, Yunnan via AH3 Kunming–Bangkok Highway and the newly opened Thai-Laos Friendship IV Bridge in Huay Xai into Thailand part was lost when I was trying to copy them from SD card to my hard drive. I will post the border-crossing part later in the return trip.

This route alone traverses 4 of world’s top 10 highest bridges (as of it was recorded). They are Balinghe Bridge on G60 (4th highest, 02:19:00), Aizhai Bridge on G65 (7th highest, 01:44:00), Lishui Bridge on S10 (8th highest, 01:36:10) and Beipanjiang Bridge on G60 (9th highest, 02:21:20), as well as Jingzhou Yangtze River Bridge (01:13:10) and tons of tunnels and new or upgraded expressway that did not exist only a few months before the trip.

http://youtu.be/D82Bp_q4GEw

Some more videos from my YouTube channel:
• 2015-02-28 Bangkok to Pattaya: http://youtu.be/sWTIQWmyzH0
• 2015-03-01 short video in Pattaya: http://youtu.be/EX_3pFjfysg
• 2015-03-02 Ban Phe to Suvarnabhumi Airport: http://youtu.be/VLLvylDleH0
• 2015-03-03 Bangkok to Hua Hin: http://youtu.be/JC1iE-t1rCI
• 2015-03-04 Hua Hin to Phuket: (yet to be uploaded)
• 2015-03-08 Phuket to Bangkok: (data lost)
• 2015-03-09 Bangkok to Udon Thani: (yet to be uploaded)
• 2015-03-10 Udon Thani to Vientiane, border crossing via First Thai-Laos Friendship Bridge: (yet to be uploaded)
• 2015-03-10 short video in Vientiane, Laos: http://youtu.be/rNYExhoFDcg
• 2015-03-11 Vientiane to Muang Xai via Laotian Highway 13: (yet to be uploaded)
• 2015-03-12 Muang Xai to Pu'er, Laos-China border crossing: (yet to be uploaded)
• 2015-03-13 Pu'er to Yuxi: (yet to be uploaded)
• 2015-03-14 Yuxi to Huaping: (yet to be uploaded)
• 2015-03-15 Huaping to Xichang: (yet to be uploaded)
• 2015-03-16 Xichang to Mianyang via G5 Ya'an–Xichang Expressway: (yet to be uploaded)

Last edited by feisibuke; September 2nd, 2015 at 12:17 PM.
feisibuke no está en línea   Reply With Quote