daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 24th, 2017, 05:23 PM   #3341
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19400

Guangxi

135 kilometers of expressway will open to traffic on 26 October in Guangxi. It is part of two routes; G65 Baomao Expressway and G76 Xiarong Expressway.

It runs from Guilin to the Guizhou border west of Sanjiang. This section is 134 kilometers long and is part of G76 Xiamen - Chengdu (Xiarong) Expressway. However, it is mostly also a part of G65 Baotou - Maoming (Baomao) Expressway between Guilin and the Hunan border near Sanjiang.

In addition, the southernmost section of G65 in Hunan, which was completed in 2013, will also open to traffic from the Longcheng exit to the Guangxi border (21 km). Also, the easternmost section of G76 in Guizhou, which was completed in 2011, will open to traffic from Shuikou to the Guangxi border (11 km).

That means a grand total of 134 + 1 + 21 + 11 km = 167 kilometers of expressway will open in the mountains of northeastern Guangxi and adjoining provinces.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

8166UY, DigoSSA, tigerleapgorge liked this post
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 26th, 2017, 03:28 PM   #3342
tjrgx

Likes (Received): 2820

Guilin-Sanjiang highway put into operation

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/20..._136707598.htm

Aerial photo taken on Oct. 26, 2017 shows the Guilin-Sanjiang highway in south China's Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region. The Guilin-Sanjiang highway, measuring 135 kilometers and linking Guilin City and Sanjiang Dong Autonomous County in Liuzhou City, was put into operation on Thursday. (Xinhua/Li Shuhou)

8166UY, DigoSSA, Vladivostok2012 liked this post
tjrgx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 26th, 2017, 03:32 PM   #3343
ChrisZwolle
Road user

That is the same expressway as in my post above.

It is common in China that long, cross-country expressways also have names for individual segments. Guisan Expressway (Guilin - Sanjiang) is a part of Xiarong Expressway (Xiamen - Chengdu).

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

tjrgx liked this post
Old November 6th, 2017, 06:07 PM   #3344
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Guizhou

Guizhou expressways

Old November 6th, 2017, 08:22 PM   #3345
Jiangwho

Likes (Received): 58

Amazing landscape/Highways
Old November 7th, 2017, 12:27 AM   #3346
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1936

Okay, I'll try to do some series about the China National Highways (Gxxx). I've been reading deciphering about them lately. However I have little to no time now, so I don't know if I'll get to do all of it, especially considering the number of national highways (200) and the extent of China.

Shanghai
This is easy. The only subdivision without designations in the G5xx series (connectors). The previously existing highways are:
G204: Coming from Yantai, enters Shanghai through Jiading and forms the Shanghai-Yixing highway. It ends near the West Railway Station.
G312: Starts in Putuo, in Shanghai forms the Caoyang-Anting highway. After exiting Shanghai through Anting it runs all they way to Khorgas at the Kazakh border.
G318: Starts South of Hongqiao airport, in Shanghai forms the Shanghai-Qingpu-Pingwang highway. After exiting Shanghai past Qingpu it runs all the way to Zhangmu at the Nepalese border. Currently is the longest national highway, but will lose that title to G219.
G320: Starts near the South Railway Station. The first section is the Shanghai-Minhang highway alongside metro lines 1 and 5, then follows a zig-zagging route through Songjiang and Jinshan. After exiting Shanghai it runs all the way to Ruili at the Burmese border.

The 2013 plan added two more roads to the city.
G228: The Chinese Coastal Highway, the only national highway transiting Shanghai. Coming from the North Korean border at Dandong, it will provide a Second Jiangsu-Chongming link at the Western end of the island near Haimen and then run the length of the island. Back in the mainland (co-signed with G40 Shanghai-Shaanxi expressway), it will cross Pudong along S222, then turn along the shore of Hangzhou Bay. After crossing Jinshan it exits to Zhejiang en route to the Vietnamese border at Dongxing. Too bad none of the highways ending in Shanghai will be extended to meet G228 (I could be wrong).
G346: Starts near Shanghai Railway Station, I'm only sure it will cross Baoshan district but I don't know if along S106 (metro line 7) or S107 (metro line 1). After exiting Shanghai it will run to Ankang, Shaanxi.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.

Pansori liked this post
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2017, 08:15 AM   #3347
VoltAmps

Likes (Received): 49

https://m.liveleak.com/view?i=5b1_1509916264

Interesting video about power lines in the middle of the road. China may have some new shiny highways, but at a municipal level the country has a long long way to go in terms of road infrastructure
VoltAmps no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 7th, 2017, 10:50 PM   #3348
kostas97

Likes (Received): 102

No ground to build on?? No problem, build elevated motorways.....welcome to China (this comment is no ironic, the Chinese seem to be experts in this and congrats to them)

tigerleapgorge liked this post
kostas97 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2017, 05:25 PM   #3349
ChrisZwolle
Road user

G0615 Dema Expressway

A 389 kilometer section of expressway opened to traffic in Qinghai province today. It is another 'extreme terrain' expressway, the average altitude is 4000 meters and it runs almost right along a glacier of a 6200 meter high mountain. Unfortunately I could not find a photo of that section. Satellite imagery in that area is very spotty, but I could find the general alignment:

It is part of G0615: Delingha - Ma'erkang Expressway.

Old November 14th, 2017, 02:23 PM   #3350
lawdefender

Likes (Received): 1387

G0615 Expressway

Old November 14th, 2017, 09:13 PM   #3351
tigerleapgorge

Likes (Received): 7

Amnye Machen 阿尼玛卿山 to Nianbaoyuze 年宝玉则

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post

It is part of G0615: Delingha - Ma'erkang Expressway.

That white mountain on the upper left is Amnye Machen 阿尼玛卿山.
The cluster of mountains on the bottom right is Nianbaoyuze 年宝玉则.
Both are trekking destinations.
Not sure on the general economic viability through since the population density is extremely low.
tigerleapgorge no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 14th, 2017, 09:29 PM   #3352
ChrisZwolle
Road user

The expressway runs through the Golog Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture. It has a population density of 1.8 per km².

Old November 14th, 2017, 10:40 PM   #3353
ChrisZwolle
Road user

This expressway has a 9 kilometer long tunnel at 4400 meters altitude, according to this article: http://www.globaltimes.cn/content/1075124.shtml

The Huashixia-Jiuzhi highway opens to traffic in northwest China's Qinghai Province, on November 13, 2017. It has the world's highest tunnel that runs through unstable rocks. The tunnel, 4,400 meters above the sea level and 9,065 meters long, is a part of the highway linking Qinghai with northwest China's Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region and southwest China's Sichuan Province.

I think the tunnel is somewhere in this area: https://www.google.com/maps/dir/34.9...e3!4m2!4m1!3e0

It's the only region with terrain around 4400 m and other parts of the alignment don't have tunnels over 5 km. However this is also the only part of the area where satellite imagery is extremely low resolution, you cannot see any expressway or tunnel portals in that area. It would run through the foot of 6282 m high Dradullungshog, which has glaciers going down to about 4400 m in the expressway area.

Old November 15th, 2017, 12:07 PM   #3354
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Taihang Mountains Expressway

There is a 651 kilometer north-south expressway under construction through the Taihang Mountains in western Hebei province. It will be completed in 2018, much of the alignment is visible in Google Earth.

It runs through the length of the Taihang Mountains (Taihangshan). Several sections run across existing expressways, including G18, S10, S52 and S71. About 200 kilometers of the route already exists and will overlap.

I couldn't find the number of this expressway, Baike suggests that it is a national expressway.

Transhumanista, tigerleapgorge liked this post
Old November 15th, 2017, 12:46 PM   #3355
italystf

Likes (Received): 2186

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
The expressway runs through the Golog Tibetan Autonomous Prefecture. It has a population density of 1.8 per km².
That would be like building a motorway across Lapland, the Australian outback or Yukon territory.
In most of the world, except China and the USA, even major routes across such unpopulated territories are simply 1+1 roads.
“The transponder’s personalised signal would be picked up when the car passed through an intersection, and then relayed to a central computer which would calculate the charge according to the intersection and the time of day and add it to the car’s bill” - Nobel Economics Prize winner William Vickrey, proposing a system of electronic tolling for the Washington metropolitan area, 1959
In real life, electronic toll collection was first introduced in Bergen, Norway in 1986, and well into the 21th century many countries still struggle to implement it.

italystf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2017, 07:01 PM   #3356
lawdefender

Chinese City Expressway Interchanges

http://gd.people.com.cn/n2/2016/1010...9115672-5.html

Transhumanista, Ryme Intrinseca liked this post
lawdefender está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2017, 07:07 PM   #3357
lawdefender