daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 9th, 2018, 03:28 PM   #3441
sponge_bob

Likes (Received): 2205

I asked before but I would love to see a dedicated thread just for Chinas Mountain Motorways alone. China opened around 1000km on the Tibetan Plateau alone last year, these are all above 4000m, and a lot of the work to get from the plains up to 4000m like in Western Sichuan or in Yunnan or Qinghai is simply breathtaking and will never be repeated anywhere else in the world.

So any chance of a thread for Sichuan/Yunnan/Qinghai and Tibet provinces only???? Please??
sponge_bob no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 9th, 2018, 04:06 PM   #3442
sponge_bob

Likes (Received): 2205

Meanwhile on the flat bit of China.

The important north south G107 expressway ( Beijing-Shenzen) is to get a new alignment where it crosses the Yellow (Yalu) River. My understanding is that the Guandu Yellow River Bridge is all elevated on piers rather than embankments and 32km long in total, to open next year.

Transhumanista liked this post
sponge_bob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2018, 04:09 PM   #3443
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19400

G107 is a trunk road, the expressway is numbered G4. It appears like a similar bypass as G4 at Shijiazhuang.
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2018, 10:14 PM   #3444
ChrisZwolle
Road user

Likes (Received): 19400

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisZwolle View Post
It appears like a similar bypass as G4 at Shijiazhuang.
I took a closer look at it doesn't appear to be a G4 bypass, but a route that goes slightly southeast to Zhoukou.

Here is the G4 / G30 interchange at Zhengzhou. The longest ramps are 2 kilometers long! Both expressways have eight lanes.

my clinched highways / travel mapping • highway photography @ Flickr and Youtube

Transhumanista liked this post
ChrisZwolle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2018, 04:24 PM   #3445
tjrgx

Likes (Received): 2820

Taihang mountain expressway to be finished in 2018

http://www.xinhuanet.com/english/201..._136891407.htm

Workers work at a construction site of Taihang mountain expressway in north China's Hebei Province, Jan. 12, 2018. The 680-km highway linking Mentougou of Beijing and Linzhou of central China's Henan Province is expected to be finished in 2018. (Xinhua/Zhu Xudong)