daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 12th, 2005, 06:48 AM   #1
aranetacoliseum
animo lasalle

Likes (Received): 40

BAYCITY,METROMANILA'S new skyline!!!

BAYCITY INFO:

The Bay City (Boulevard 2000) is a priority government infrastructure designed to change the skyline of Metro Manila for the 21st century.

INTRODUCTION

The reclaimed area along the coast of Manila Bay consisting of approximately 1,500 hectares comprises the Bay City. The entire area which covers the stretch of Roxas Boulevard from the Cultural Center of the Philippines to the Coastal Road – Las Pinas area, including its shoreline, is divided into six component parts. These form a potentially integrated planned community.

The seven components are under the jurisdiction of four cities and a municipality. These are the cities of Manila, Pasay, Paranaque, Las Pinas and the Municipality of Bacoor.

The transformation of the reclaimed area will be realized with the cooperation of some of the major players in large scale property development. These are Tan Yu of Asiaworld, Henry Sy of SM, Inc., George Ty of Metrobank Group of Companies, the R-1 Consortium composed of Jan de Nul N.V., TOA Corporation of Japan and D.M. Wenceslao and Associates, Inc., and Jacinto Ng of the Manila Bay Development Corporation.

"MASTERPLAN:"

"""""""""DEVELOPMENT BY ISLAND"""""""""

>>>Cultural Center of the Philippines
The 77 hectare CCP Complex is under the jurisdiction of two cities, Manila and Pasay. Along the Roxas Boulevard, the complex is divided into two zones, an Art Zone and a Commercial and Entertainment Zone. The general objective is for the Commercial Zone to generate income that would subsidize the Art Zone. Current locators in the area aside from the CCP are the Manila Film Center, Folk Arts Theatre, Philippine International Convention Center, Philippine Plaza Hotel, Coconut Palace, Ferry Terminal and Star City among others.

>>>Financial Center Area Complex
The 77 hectare area is where the GSIS/Senate Complex, PNB Complex and World Trade Center are located. Other landowners in the area include SSS, DTI and PNCC. Some of the interim uses include the site for the Boom na Boom and some restaurants in the area.

>>>Central Business Park, Island A
CBP 1 A located across the busy Baclaran area covers a total area of about 200 hectares. The major property owners are SM, Inc., Metrobank Group of Companies, MBDC and PEA.

>>>Central Business Park, Islands B & C
The 204 hectare area is predominantly for commercial use with recreational, residential, institutional, parks and promenades and utilities usage. Current locators are PriceMart and Shell Gas Station. Some 64 hectare area was turned over to the Department of Finance through a MOA. DOF’s area will be the location of the new Nayong Pilipino. The developer of the property is R-1 Consortium.

>>>Central Business Park 11
This 43 hectare area was sold by PEA to the Manila Bay Development Corporation through public bidding in 1988. Current locators in the area include the Uniwide Coastal Mall and Petron Gas Station.

>>>Asiaworld (First Neighborhood Unit)
The 183 Marina Properties is divided into four sections, the low density residential areas of Marina East and South, mixed use high density residential/commercial area and low rise townhouse development. The centerpiece of its development is the Golden Bay Condominium Project. Tan Yu’s Asiaword Properties, Philippines acquired the Marina Properties from NDC in 1988.

>>>Centennial City (Three Island)
The vision for the area is to develop the three islands into an up-market townhouse subdivisions and mid-rise residential blocks and subdivisions which will be complimented by retail arcades, recreational and office developments on the site. The planned recreational facilities include a championship golf course and a main waterfront development.

****MASTERPLAN PICS:****

"current pics:"

for more info: about BAYCITY visit:http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=170913

>>>>>>The development in the area is ongoing but at a very slow pace. let us give it 10 to 15 years more time and for sure it will rival the skyline in makati and ortigas.<<<<<<

Last edited by aranetacoliseum; July 12th, 2005 at 07:00 AM.
aranetacoliseum no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 12th, 2005, 08:00 AM   #2
Qatar4Ever

Likes (Received): 0

not a bad idea. I like it, it reminds very much of Doha Cornish area, where the area on the bay is being developed to house multiple towers. Good luck manila.
Qatar4Ever no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2005, 11:36 PM   #3
MainDiish
Noodles Yum!

it will probably look like Manhattan ..lol... nice... are they building it now?
Old July 13th, 2005, 04:15 AM   #4
I-275westcoastfl

Likes (Received): 790

I might sound like a fool but what coutry is this metro manila in??
I-275westcoastfl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 13th, 2005, 08:03 AM   #5
Qatar4Ever

God!! You didnt sound like a fool, u are one. R u serious ?? Google it!!
Qatar4Ever no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2005, 05:16 AM   #6
Catmendue2
City Beautiful

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qatar4Ever
God!! You didnt sound like a fool, u are one. R u serious ?? Google it!!

FILIPINES
Catmendue2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2005, 06:18 AM   #7
normandb
BANNED

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MainDiish
it will probably look like Manhattan ..lol... nice... are they building it now?
yes they are starting it right now.

@aranetacoliseum....here we go again..I just want to make some corrections...

This is the master plan map of the entire Bay City. Bay city is composed of (CCP-FCA, CBP-1A, CBP-1BC, CBP-2, ASIAWORLD CITY, CENTENNIAL CITY)

and this is the centennial city's masterplan and not the entire Bay City, as you can see on the first map above centennial city is just part of the entire reclamation project.

and this one is the CBP-1A (Central Business Park-1A)

This is the SM-Mall of Asia located also in CBP-1A

This construction is in ASIAWORLD CITY

CCP-FCA is already completed during the 1980s.

CBP-1A, CBP-1BC, CBP-2, ASIAWORLD CITY already started this early 2000 and are still simultaneously ongoing.

Centennial City is not yet started since the land reclamation for that part is still ongoing as you can see in this photo
normandb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2005, 06:28 AM   #8
dancethingy

Thanks for the info. I'll be going to Pasay city this weekend, maybe i can stop by.
Do you know when the estimated date of completion is? I want this to happen so badly for the city.
dancethingy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2005, 06:41 AM   #9
normandb
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dancethingy
Thanks for the info. I'll be going to Pasay city this weekend, maybe i can stop by.
Do you know when the estimated date of completion is? I want this to happen so badly for the city.
The entire project will take more than a decade to finish since the area is really huge. They are literally making/building/developing another metropolis...The entire area is bigger than the entire Pasay City.

But in the Bay City's Pasay side (CCP-FCA and CBP-1A) the area is already developing, there are new stores that pops up, shops and lot of restaurants that opened.

This is my Bay City thread. Visit it for more correct infos..
Old July 14th, 2005, 06:57 AM   #10
MainDiish
Noodles Yum!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-275westcoastfl
I might sound like a fool but what coutry is this metro manila in??
u might wanna study an atlas... ooo i forgot.... do u even know wat an atlas is? Manila is in the Philippines.

wow it will be a big change in Metro Manila's skyline... I hope it goes well for the Philippine government's plan.. and how big will SM-Mall of Asia be? Will it be the biggest in Asia? AND.. .Will there be a real skyline in the original area of Manila? (without Makati and everything) I hope they do.... Global City? thats a weird name for a city due to the fact that it sounds like a futuristic city ... Well i bet it is ...

Last edited by MainDiish; July 14th, 2005 at 07:02 AM.
MainDiish no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2005, 07:39 AM   #11
normandb
BANNED

Quote:
u might wanna study an atlas... ooo i forgot.... do u even know wat an atlas is? Manila is in the Philippines.

wow it will be a big change in Metro Manila's skyline... I hope it goes well for the Philippine government's plan.. and how big will SM-Mall of Asia be? Will it be the biggest in Asia? AND.. .Will there be a real skyline in the original area of Manila? (without Makati and everything) I hope they do.... Global City? thats a weird name for a city due to the fact that it sounds like a futuristic city ... Well i bet it is ...

SM Mall of Asia is about more or less 450,000 square meters pure shopping mall. This is not the biggest in Asia i think but one of the biggest. There is a real skyline in the original skyline in Manila and it is located in Binondo Skyline (China Town) but not as classy, modern, dense, huge, tall as it is in Ortigas, Makati, Malate, Pasig Skyline/s. Global City is really global and futuristic, aranetacoliseum has lot photos of the master plan. Global City is located in taguig and already started to developed its skyscrapers soon this will rival makati's skyline or It will add into the density of Makati Skyline since both skyline is just 1 kilometer away from each other.
[QUOTE=aranetacoliseum]*****>>>"""GLOBALCITY,metromanila" masterplan"""<<<******

thefort map:

Located within Metro Manila adjacent to Manila’s Central Business District of Makati, this 246 hectare project is the first phase of an over plan to privatize a 530-hectare military base. The project concept is to develop a long term strategy to implement a phased development comprised of 138 million square feet of mixed-use commerical, retail, residential, and institutional facilities. The project is envisioned as a self-contained state-of-the-art community incorporating international standard public (above and below grade rail sytems), infrastructure and telecommunications system required for an “intelligent city.”

***hirs the masterplan***

Fort Bonifacio Global City

This Global City will be an addition to Metro Manila's Skyline, it is 5 kilometer away from the Bay City. Bay City and the Global City already started and after 10 years the entire Metro Manila skylines will be different from what it is today. Currently Metro Manila has 5 major skylines that are apart from each other (Binondo, Malate, Makati, Ortigas, Muntinlupa).
Old July 14th, 2005, 12:27 PM   #12
c0kelitr0
Resident Whore

Likes (Received): 21

Quote:

SM Mall of Asia is 454,000 square meters. original plan was 500,000 square meters but they have downscaled it a bit.
c0kelitr0 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 14th, 2005, 12:53 PM   #13
aranetacoliseum
animo lasalle

tnx ncbmandy!!!
Old July 18th, 2005, 04:34 AM   #14
six453

Likes (Received): 1

with the current political turmoil, these will take time to reach completion and fruition. international investment companies have downgraded their outlook on the philippine economy, as such money to fund these developments will be difficult.

nonetheless, it should be entitled mall of SOUTHEAST asia. dont forget the mid east, as i said in my previous post, is also part of asia.
six453 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2005, 11:52 AM   #15
aranetacoliseum
animo lasalle

six453 its just a name no big deal w/ that ok???

i think mall of asia isnt the biggest BUT one of the biggest in whole asia and world!!!
Old July 18th, 2005, 12:13 PM   #16
normandb
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by six453
with the current political turmoil, these will take time to reach completion and fruition. international investment companies have downgraded their outlook on the philippine economy, as such money to fund these developments will be difficult.
to tell you frankly the Bay City doesnt need foreign funding since the property is privately owned by filipinos and tsinoys. whether the ADB, fitch, moodys or S&P downgraded their philippine economi outlook this project will still continue to develop and only tsunami or intensity 10 earthquake can halt its development

Whether there is a political turmoil or none the development will still continue since the government is not participating to the development of the project. The only participation of the government is when it reclaimed and sold the land to the private developers and the upcoming reclamation of the centennial City.

Considering the fact of our economic development (we are not Japan, Korea, nor Singapore) it is certain that this will take lots of time to reach completion since the area being reclaimed and develop is quite big. The area is more or less bigger than the Check Lap Kok and Kansai combined.

@aranetacoliseum: your are very much welcome. pasensya ka na sa akin dati.

Last edited by normandb; July 19th, 2005 at 01:31 AM.
Old July 18th, 2005, 10:58 PM   #17
XxRyoChanxX
holla holla hey!

Likes (Received): 14

---> IMO i wouldn't want it to look like Manhattan ,they should have a one of a kind style, unique or something that is not a copy of manhattan
Old July 19th, 2005, 01:26 AM   #18
MainDiish
Noodles Yum!

of course theyre not doing a copy of Manhattan ... Manhattan has its own American uniquness no city in asia could do that...
Old July 19th, 2005, 01:41 AM   #19
normandb
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxRyoChanxX
---> IMO i wouldn't want it to look like Manhattan ,they should have a one of a kind style, unique or something that is not a copy of manhattan
I agree with you. They don't need to copy the manhattan since they already did that in the Makati CBD.

The Ayala Ave. corner Buendia Ave. (Photo below) is our own version of Wall Street/Times Square in N.Y.

And the Makati CBD Skyline (Photo below) is our version of Manhattan Skyline

This Bay City will definitely change the Metro Manila Skyline which will be uniquely Pinoy.
Old July 30th, 2005, 06:24 AM   #20
normandb
BANNED

This is the master plan of Central Business Park Island A (A small part of Bay City)
Photos by Thomasian