daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 27th, 2006, 04:03 AM   #101
Robert Stark
BANNED

Likes (Received): 5

I wish there was that much planed for LA.

ChuckScraperMiami#1 liked this post
Robert Stark no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 27th, 2006, 04:06 AM   #102
godblessbotox
la is pritty

Likes (Received): 27

as long as people arnt dyin or moving out there will be.. just wait
godblessbotox no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 28th, 2006, 06:55 AM   #103
mongozx
Pipe Layer

Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Stark
Looks like San Diego is trying to become a west coast Miami?
Not at all! If anything DT San Diego is trying to become a Southern California version of San Fran. Screw that tacky Miami style!
mongozx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2006, 06:53 AM   #104
bushman61988

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongozx
Not at all! If anything DT San Diego is trying to become a Southern California version of San Fran. Screw that tacky Miami style!
DT San Diego aint tryin to copy anyone! Especially not Gay Bay! And the Miami style aint really that tacky, cuz SF walled off its downtown from its bayfront with all those ugly 1970 high rises. We're just taking things piece by piece with the different projects slowly taking shape and the Embarcadero is going to look really good in a couple of years...
bushman61988 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2006, 07:10 AM   #105
dewback

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushman61988
DT San Diego aint tryin to copy anyone! Especially not Gay Bay! And the Miami style aint really that tacky, cuz SF walled off its downtown from its bayfront with all those ugly 1970 high rises. We're just taking things piece by piece with the different projects slowly taking shape and the Embarcadero is going to look really good in a couple of years...
No offense, but I'd rather rip off San Francisco than Miami. I wish San Diego had half of San Francisco's charisma and environment.
Old January 31st, 2006, 08:02 AM   #106
Karltj

Likes (Received): 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewback
No offense, but I'd rather rip off San Francisco than Miami. I wish San Diego had half of San Francisco's charisma and environment.
I think I have to agree with you, San Diego still needs a lot to be on the same level as SF, but the good news it's getting there.
Karltj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2006, 07:06 AM   #107
bushman61988

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karltj
I think I have to agree with you, San Diego still needs a lot to be on the same level as SF, but the good news it's getting there.
Oh no, I know that San DIego aint on the same level as San Francisco, but We ARE getting to THAT LEVEL...NOT trying to copy it or anything
bushman61988 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2006, 07:41 AM   #108
Karltj

Likes (Received): 62

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushman61988
Oh no, I know that San DIego aint on the same level as San Francisco, but We ARE getting to THAT LEVEL...NOT trying to copy it or anything
I meant as enteresting as SF, as dewback mentioned in his last post.
Karltj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 1st, 2006, 09:04 AM   #109
vicecityguy

Likes (Received): 5

San Diego has better weather, and I will take that any day over any "level" of San Fran.
vicecityguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2006, 05:34 AM   #110
sd_urban

Likes (Received): 11

Here's a quick tour of various projects under construction now. Pics were taken from downtown webcams yesterday, 2/6/06.

ELECTRA

LEGEND

DIAMOND VIEW TOWER

ARIA

CORTEZ BLU

VANTAGE POINT - This is taking a long time

BAYVIEW AT THE EMBARCADERO

ICON - This sprung up overnight

LIBRARY TOWER - The site is being cleared

PARK TERRACE

SAPPHIRE TOWER

MARKET STREET VILLAGE - Includes the second full-service downtown grocery store

NEXUS

THE MARK

HARD ROCK HOTEL

ALTA

SMART CORNER

sd_urban no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2006, 05:45 AM   #111
sd_urban

Posted by Stockjock in the Downtown San Diego thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stockjock
For anyone interested, here are a few pics of the Vantage Pointe San Diego architectural model. Follow the link to view: http://public.fotki.com/bwillis/vant..._pointe_model/

Posted by sbaumberger in the San Diego Development Thread 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbaumberger
BOARD APPROVES 17th & G MIXED-USE PROJECT (East Village)
The Board approved developer Intracorp's mixed-use project on the southeast corner of 17th and G streets. The 12-story project will contain 122 market-rate condominiums, including studios, one- and two-bedrooms, approximately 7,500 square feet of retail space and a total of 171 parking spaces. The project site, which is one of downtown's gateway streets from the SR-94 on-ramp, will include public art. (Vote: 4-0, Chair LeSar absent).

16th & J (Katalyst) - Centre City Development Permit for 80 residential units and approximately 3,900 sf of commercial space in an eight-story building (92 feet) located on the southeast corner of 16th and J streets-East Village.

Front & Cedar (Michael Sabourin) - Centre City Development Permit/Variance for 62 residential units and 1,140 sf of commercial space in a 15-story building (162 feet) located on the north side of Cedar Street, between Union and Front streets-Cortez.

Old February 8th, 2006, 09:49 AM   #112
sandiego_bound
Big luv 4 higher buildins

sd_urban wow I hadn't seen the const. views for Hard Rock yet...I did not know it had even broken ground yet.
Old February 9th, 2006, 04:24 AM   #113
Talbot
3rd Coast

Likes (Received): 14

Those are some cool renderings, and the construction pictures are especially cool. But some of those towers like Sapphire and Library tower look like they have some pretty small foot prints for their size.

Talbot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2006, 04:57 AM   #114
SDfan

Likes (Received): 44

I think its a good thing, because they appear to be taller then they actually are.

SDfan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2006, 07:29 AM   #115
Scruffy88
Action

Likes (Received): 4

had no idea San Diego was heating up so much. awesome
Scruffy88 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2006, 07:41 AM   #116
mello
babylon falling

Hell yeah SD heatin up scruff. We are just quietly building up a world class downtown and hopefully waterfront if we can get our shit together.
mello no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2006, 08:02 AM   #117
sd_urban

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandiego_bound
sd_urban wow I hadn't seen the const. views for Hard Rock yet...I did not know it had even broken ground yet.
Yep, it's full steam ahead and going up pretty fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talbot
But some of those towers like Sapphire and Library tower look like they have some pretty small foot prints for their size.
I think the pics might be deceiving, but as SDfan said, both towers will be slim and tall, which might allow for smaller sites.

Old February 10th, 2006, 08:05 AM   #118
sandiego_bound

I think that smaller footprints will be better as it will lead to more buildings for downtown. I think that if we were to allow more buildings to be build that were with larger footprints then it would have less of an impact on our skyline. Ohh, how about the delayed news about the "failed attack" on Library Tower. The nerve of the president doing that just to justify the domestic spying program.

On a different note, I would really love to see them build up the skyline where the height restriction is not 500 ft. that would make a great change in the "stumpy skyline" I have heard quoted in another forum. Ohh, also I have news about the Horton Plaza Hotel.

http://www.ccdc.com/events/resources...zahotelext.pdf

Also the 10th & B project.

http://www.ccdc.com/events/resources....designrev.pdf

sandiego_bound no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2006, 08:21 AM   #119
SDfan

Likes (Received): 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandiego_bound
I think that smaller footprints will be better as it will lead to more buildings for downtown. I think that if we were to allow more buildings to be build that were with larger footprints then it would have less of an impact on our skyline.
I agree completely.

Quote:
Ohh, how about the delayed news about the "failed attack" on Library Tower. The nerve of the president doing that just to justify the domestic spying program.
I don't agree at all. But we can go to the skybar to discuss this...

Quote:
On a different note, I would really love to see them build up the skyline where the height restriction is not 500 ft. that would make a great change in the "stumpy skyline" I have heard quoted in another forum. Ohh, also I have news about the Horton Plaza Hotel.

http://www.ccdc.com/events/resources...zahotelext.pdf

Also the 10th & B project.

http://www.ccdc.com/events/resources....designrev.pdf
I have heard about our stumpy skyline, and yes it is somewhat true, but at least were going to be dense. Don't expect anything over 500 feet in a while though. Not until the airport moves at least.

SDfan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 10th, 2006, 10:28 AM   #120
sandiego_bound

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDfan
I have heard about our stumpy skyline, and yes it is somewhat true, but at least were going to be dense. Don't expect anything over 500 feet in a while though. Not until the airport moves at least.

I am an extremely patient person, but come on, when are they going to get some taller buildings in the East Village where the bulk and height restriction is greater? Look at L.A. their airport is right by downtown and they have a flipping 1000ft tower and we have an airport same distance and we cant even go to 600 ft. WTF is up with that? I believe that the day or a week after the airport moves (should move inland more) then we will have a shit load of proposals for the area. Also, what is the status of the Embarcadero Project?

sandiego_bound no está en línea   Reply With Quote