daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 21st, 2005, 05:53 PM   #61
Omluki
Bla bla bla

Likes (Received): 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin
To put it bluntly, Asians in general have some kind of an inferiority complex to westeners...thats why advertisements and stuff - for branded goods, luxury property etc. tend to feature western people, its a symbol for the "good life". hehe
Likely, westerners also the main target????? don't think Indonesian is ready to live in highrise residences

Sponsored Links
Old July 22nd, 2005, 12:40 AM   #62
Alvin

Likes (Received): 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustero
Which here are high end and which are low end , (what is the definition of low end there anyway can the lower classes afford high rise living?) and how much are they?
I think only middle class people can afford to buy the cheapest apartment that I posted above. "lower class" people live in simple houses or government-provided cheap apartments.

Still, the vast majority of Indonesians - both the haves and the have-nots - (and including my family) still live in landed houses...apartments are just about to become more popular, as land banks decrease in supply.
Alvin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2005, 01:22 AM   #63

Likes (Received): 0

i dont know about the low end but the high end apartments, which would include pacificplace, the airlangga apartments ontop of the ritz carlton hotel, and such range inbetween US$1-2 million. if im not mistaken the pacificplace apartments are 2 million, while the ones ontop of the ritz cost around 1.5 mil
627 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2005, 03:32 AM   #64
Alvin

Yep..here are some examples:

UP-MARKET:

PACIFIC PLACE

apartments there cost US$2 million each, the sizes come in two types - 500m2 and 1000 m2, and you get 270 or 360 degrees of the city skyline. Prime location, proximity to Ritz Carlton hotel and upmarket shopping center.

MIDDLE-UP:

THE PEAK

apartments here range from US$110,000 to US$350,000. CBD location.

MIDDLE:

SUDIRMAN PARK

apartments here are about US$ 60,000-100,000 each. CBD location.

There are also MIDDLE-LOW apartments that offer units for as cheap as US$15,000, but they are found in the suburbs.

Generally I have to say that Jakarta property market is quite cheap compared to other regional cities such as Singapore and Bangkok, don't mention Shanghai etc. Prospect for capital gain is quite good ...
Old July 22nd, 2005, 09:55 AM   #65
XxRyoChanxX
holla holla hey!

Likes (Received): 14

how about "the icon" is that cosidered expensive?
Old July 22nd, 2005, 10:03 AM   #66
Alvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxRyoChanxX
how about "the icon" is that cosidered expensive?
probably about the same class as The Peak
Old July 22nd, 2005, 10:15 AM   #67
ncon
Dangerous User

Likes (Received): 537

and also the sudirman place !!!!!!
Old July 22nd, 2005, 11:36 AM   #68
Alvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by encon
and also the sudirman place !!!!!!
that would probably be upper..the penthouse there cost Rp25 billion (=US$2.5 million)!
Old July 22nd, 2005, 12:42 PM   #69
bustero

Likes (Received): 10

From the above examples let me extrapolate the following:

High End : Pacific Place , US 2 million/ 1000 sq.m. or US2,000 per sq.m. or 19500000 IDR - I suppose this is super luxury finish since it's in the same building as Ritz

Upper Middle : Peak or Icon , 150t to 350t I would assume these are 100sq.m to 200 sq.m or US $ 1500/ sq.m. to US$ 1750/sq.m.

Middle: Sudirman, US$ 60t to 100T, assuming around 50sq.m to 100 sq.m. that's around US$ 1200/sq.m. to 1000/sq.m or 11742000 IDR to 9786000IDR per sq.m.

Lower Middle: US 15,000 to $50,000 , assuming 30 sq.m. to 100 sq.m. that's around US$ 500 / sq/m or 4893IDR per sq.m. - what kind of finishes do they have here, painted walls, no falsework, vinyl floors or tile?

Are these correct? In any case it's inexpensive .
Old July 22nd, 2005, 12:43 PM   #70
ncon
Dangerous User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alvin
that would probably be upper..the penthouse there cost Rp25 billion (=US$2.5 million)!
hey the setiabudi residence , the summit , peal garde city loft

i think it is upper levels
Old July 22nd, 2005, 01:51 PM   #71
Alvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustero
From the above examples let me extrapolate the following:

High End : Pacific Place , US 2 million/ 1000 sq.m. or US2,000 per sq.m. or 19500000 IDR - I suppose this is super luxury finish since it's in the same building as Ritz

Upper Middle : Peak or Icon , 150t to 350t I would assume these are 100sq.m to 200 sq.m or US $ 1500/ sq.m. to US$ 1750/sq.m.

Middle: Sudirman, US$ 60t to 100T, assuming around 50sq.m to 100 sq.m. that's around US$ 1200/sq.m. to 1000/sq.m or 11742000 IDR to 9786000IDR per sq.m.

Lower Middle: US 15,000 to $50,000 , assuming 30 sq.m. to 100 sq.m. that's around US$ 500 / sq/m or 4893IDR per sq.m. - what kind of finishes do they have here, painted walls, no falsework, vinyl floors or tile?

Are these correct? In any case it's inexpensive .
I think its even cheaper per sqm than that, i.e. the units are larger than ur assumptions. I'll have to get back to you though on the exact measurements, but as far as I know, I don't think it gets as small as 30 sqm...
and yes, its inexpensive compared to other cities. cheers.
Old July 22nd, 2005, 02:09 PM   #72
Alvin

@Bustero, here's some Info on the Peak , and here's what you're after:

- Spaces range from 80 sqm to 478 sqm , and prices from Rp1.2 billion to Rp8 billion. (US$120,000 to US$800,000) - so ...about $1300-1500 /sqm for middle-upper?
- 352 apartment units marketed to the public, 110 units as serviced apartments.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Jakarta's icon in the making
Features - May 22, 2005

Kurniawan Hari, The Jakarta Post, Jakarta

The 15,000-square-meter plot of land on Jl. Setiabudi Raya, Central Jakarta, is surrounded by solid fences. Outside, some ojek drivers enjoy their meals on a sidewalk nearby.

Although people can't see what's happening inside the fences, the number of trucks and workers going in and out from the location gives an indication that a massive construction project is underway.

"We have been preparing this building to become an icon of Jakarta. Rising 55 floors high, this will be the tallest building here," the Peak executive director Veri Y. Setiady said, adding that the building will stand about 254 meters high.

The Peak will not only boast of its height, but also its world-class facilities and its unique design. The Australia-based Images Publishing listed the building as one of the world's 50 best apartments.

In order to build this prestigious complex, project management asked several outstanding firms to join with them. For the architectural concept, PT Graha Tunas Mekar relied on DP Architect -- a Singapore-based architecture firm that has built many designs in South and East Asian cities.

Among the works of DP Architect are the New Changi Exhibition Center and Bugis Junction in Singapore, Bai Shi Da Garden in China, Centrium in Hong Kong and Wisma 1946 in Jakarta.

Concerning the interior design, the management of the Peak counts on Hirsch Bedner Associates, who bring concepts of Asian modernism to the Peak.

Singapore's Belt Collins International is employed to do the gardens and landscaping. With experience in resort areas in Hawaii, Thailand and Australia, this firm will put a tropical accent on the apartment complex.

"The swimming pool will look like a tropical resort," Veri boasted.

Given its elevation, the Peak will also only use qualified elevators to ensure safety and comfort.

The Peak uses two types of elevators, namely type GPS III M and Nexway that can carry 15 people at 150 meters per minute and 210 meters per minute respectively.

With a total investment of Rp850 billion (US$90 million), the Peak will also be equipped with advanced communications technology.

"Residents will be able to monitor their apartments through the Internet. They can also adjust the temperature," Veri added.

Kiki Rahardjo, an architect involved in the project, revealed that the building uses high-quality concrete to ensure a quake-proof structure.

"I am happy because local architects are involved in this prestigious project," he said.

Furthermore, to create effects for the building, Bo Steiber Lighting Design is employed. Lighting will accentuate the elevation of the four towers by night.
Old July 23rd, 2005, 05:53 AM   #73
Talbot
3rd Coast

Wow the Peak and Sudierman Towers are really fashionable and nice towers. I wish they sold property like that here that cheap.
Talbot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2005, 06:49 AM   #74

i like the peak too. however noone is really clear on how high its going to be, because so far, we've gotten three different responses from the peak people. and that isss either 273m, or 254, or 183.5m

and here are more pictures that make it look taller, courtesy of alvin and encon.

and here's some more of sudirman park, couresty of alvin, who took it from the tv when they were playing a commerical on it
Old July 23rd, 2005, 06:50 AM   #75
ncon
Dangerous User

just look at my avatar !! the peak !
Old July 23rd, 2005, 06:52 AM   #76
ncon
Dangerous User

better rendering for Sudirman Park

THE WEBSITE IS UP!
http://www.thesudirmanpark.com

ENJOY!
Old July 23rd, 2005, 07:14 AM   #77
Alvin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 627
i like the peak too. however noone is really clear on how high its going to be, because so far, we've gotten three different responses from the peak people. and that isss either 273m, or 254, or 183.5m
or 218.5m, which I think may be the correct one.
Old July 23rd, 2005, 08:07 AM   #78
XxRyoChanxX
holla holla hey!

my two favorites would be "The Icon" and "The Peak"
Old July 23rd, 2005, 08:42 AM   #79

oops sorry haha.. i got the numbers all jumbled up
Old July 24th, 2005, 06:55 PM   #80
bustero

Likes (Received): 10

Thanks alvin and company.

I hope all these projects are succesful.