daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > OZScrapers > Skyscrapers & local issues > Projects, Construction, Skyscrapers & Statistics > Queensland

Queensland Brisbane

Old August 26th, 2005, 09:23 AM   #21
Malt
Its a sleepy little town

Likes (Received): 85

lol :P

maybe theres 10 stories of commercial
Malt está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old August 26th, 2005, 03:46 PM   #22
Shado

Likes (Received): 0

It'd developments like this that might finally make it economical for the Brewery to move further out of town. I know it's historic etc, but I'm getting sick of photos of the CBD skyline with smoke/fog pouring out of the brewery in the background.

I imagine that the final building will look much nicer than that cut and past job though And V-High density over rail stations is a must. We just can't waste such precious real estate.
Shado no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2005, 01:09 AM   #23
BrizzyChris

Likes (Received): 636

Blasphemy!
BrizzyChris no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 27th, 2005, 07:45 AM   #24
Maroon Grown
QUEENSLANDER!!!

Likes (Received): 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shado
It'd developments like this that might finally make it economical for the Brewery to move further out of town. I know it's historic etc, but I'm getting sick of photos of the CBD skyline with smoke/fog pouring out of the brewery in the background.

I imagine that the final building will look much nicer than that cut and past job though And V-High density over rail stations is a must. We just can't waste such precious real estate.
there will be a queensland riot if the brewery ever moves. there are some things that you just leave the same coz they are a city legend / landmark / tradition.

XXXX lives on
Maroon Grown no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 28th, 2005, 11:33 AM   #25
airwave86

this is all linked to the greater south east plan and the favourable T.O.D. style development BCC and state gov't are pushing for the future of brisbane.

transit oriented development means densifying core areas around railway infrastructure to provide higher patronage and convenience levels.

if this goes ahead, which in all cases, probably will given its the first DA to be lodged to the BCC for major TOD development (such as chatswood, subiaco, spencer st station melb), it'll set the scene for more stations to follow.

railway stations in brisbane are renowned for their siting behind someones backyard in th emiddle of nowhere: and not in the most convenient or accessible places linked to shopping centres / and other destinations.

later !

-s
Old August 28th, 2005, 11:42 AM   #26
Malt
Its a sleepy little town

Likes (Received): 85

^ Thats true in many cases.

Ferny Grove isnt bad, Keppera is bad, Grovely is average, Oxford park sucks big time, Mitchelton is in a good spot..

I wont go on.

But i agree with what airwave was saying. Build up around the stations
Malt está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2006, 07:42 AM   #27
Orfeo

Likes (Received): 24

I've heard from a very reliable source that the DA for this project has been submitted, but I can't find it....

The commerical commponent consists of 16,000sq m.
Orfeo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2006, 01:29 PM   #28
Orfeo

Likes (Received): 24

Orfeo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2006, 01:38 PM   #29
BrizzyChris

Not bad, although kinda hard to tell. It's a simple design. Not quite as tall as I had expected. At least it doesn't seem to block the views of the brewery too much.
Old March 8th, 2006, 11:48 PM   #30
Brizzy-Mike

There is a big kind of gap in front of the Lang Park stadium that could use its air rights here as well and link in, if they got their imaginations going a bit.

And this website takes a long time to load
Brizzy-Mike no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2006, 02:18 AM   #31
GMAC
Yeah but No!!

Likes (Received): 19

Awesome Stuff, even without the detail Im liking it already!!
GMAC no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2006, 07:22 AM   #32
SoulvisionQ1
New Urbanist

Likes (Received): 270

so what are the chances of this going ahead?? i like it...
SoulvisionQ1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2006, 11:01 AM   #33
GMAC
Yeah but No!!

I hope this opens up the door to more similar development along that stretch of rail, I dont see any reason why they couldn't build a similar building just to the right of that building as viewed in that pic. Airspace above tracks should be just as usable as airspace above stations.
Old March 10th, 2006, 11:20 AM   #34
BrizzyChris

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMAC
I hope this opens up the door to more similar development along that stretch of rail, I dont see any reason why they couldn't build a similar building just to the right of that building as viewed in that pic. Airspace above tracks should be just as usable as airspace above stations.
I was about to say exactly the same thing. Think of all the potential spots for large highrise development over stations - Toowong, Indooroopilly, Taringa, Holland Park, Southbank, Bowen Hills, Albion and heaps more.
Old March 10th, 2006, 01:01 PM   #35
GMAC
Yeah but No!!

Not to mention a number of sections between central and Brunswick St Station. There is actually a vacant block on Ann St on the city side of Brunswick St which is just asking for something to extend over the rail line. Plus on Brunswick St across from the station there is the ugly view over the rail lines, its a perfect spot for development, and likely alot nicer that the view of the rail lines too.
Old March 10th, 2006, 01:23 PM   #36
nikko
Registered Yooser

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrizzyChris
Holland Park
???

There's no rail in Holland Park. . .
Old March 10th, 2006, 02:59 PM   #37
BrizzyChris

Yeah I didn't think so, but I couldn't remember the name of the station after Park Rd, what is it?
Old March 10th, 2006, 04:29 PM   #38
nikko
Registered Yooser

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrizzyChris
Yeah I didn't think so, but I couldn't remember the name of the station after Park Rd, what is it?
Dutton Park
Old March 11th, 2006, 07:58 AM   #39
BrizzyChris

That's the one!
Old March 21st, 2006, 11:46 AM   #40
KJBrissy

Likes (Received): 891

A guy from FKP came and talked to or uni class about this development. He said they were applying for State approval around Easter and that they would be hoping to lodge a DA into BCC late April.

A question was asked as to if we could have access to the renders and we couldn't easily.

The idea is to kind of bend the cafe/restaurant/boutique store culture around to railway terrace and to have retail at the bottom.
Ontop of the retail will be 4(?) storeys of 2 level 2 bedroom townhouse kind of things with a 235 room hotel above that. Above the hotel will be approximatly 20 storeys of residential.

To the South above the railway tracks will be 25000 square metres of office on 5 levels. They will redesign the entrance into the station as the current entrance from Railway terrace will become the driveway into the carpark.

The tower will be 29 storeys and 95metres tall and will be situated at the very Southern end of the platform. (Be a good idea to rename the thread!!!)

They will be redeveloping from the current entrance to the station from railway terrace (the proposed driveway) to almost Park Road (All but the last block).

Below is a pic showing the entrance to the station at the very bottom of the picture. (Sorry it's a bad one as I don't have any better)

"Traditionally what has hurt people has not been rising interest rates but rising unemployment. I don't care what rate you're paying, if you have a mortgage five times your income and you lose your job, you're toast."

Gerard Minack, chief economist at Morgan Stanley.

Last edited by KJBrissy; March 21st, 2006 at 01:24 PM.
KJBrissy está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote