daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Liverpool Metro Area

Liverpool Metro Area 'Scouse Scrapers for both sides of the Mersey

Closed Thread

Old July 24th, 2005, 06:32 PM   #61
JUXTAPOL
800th birthday in 2007

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by kev
That suspected terrorist the bizzies shot in the head several times and killed him was the wrong man.
It's a real pity they have ended up shooting an innocent man and not one of the terrorists, but would anyone here run away from armed police when asked to stop, and jump over ticket barriers and onto a busy tube train, wearing a large padded coat, in the light of 54 people being blown up by suicide bombers, and another repeat attack just failed with 4 dangerous suspects on the loose. What unbelievable pressure those police must have been under, to make a decision, do i shoot, or will we be blown up, why has this man run...!
JUXTAPOL no está en línea  

Sponsored Links

Old July 24th, 2005, 06:38 PM   #62
tommygunn

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JUXTAPOL
It's a real pity they have ended up shooting an innocent man and not one of the terrorists, but would anyone here run away from armed police when asked to stop, and jump over ticket barriers and onto a busy tube train, wearing a large padded coat, in the light of 54 people being blown up by suicide bombers, and another repeat attack just failed with 4 dangerous suspects on the loose. What unbelievable pressure those police must have been under, to make a decision, do i shoot, or will we be blown up, why has this man run...!
when you think about it he has had plain clothes officers waving hand guns at him you probably would run on instinct.
tommygunn no está en línea  
Old July 24th, 2005, 06:45 PM   #63
tommygunn

by the way does anyone still think work on west tower will start this month?
Old July 24th, 2005, 07:10 PM   #64
liverpolitan

Quote:
There are some extremely selfish and immature people right now complaining about racist state executions blah blah blah..mainly people who do not use the tube every day. Perhaps if (and I hope they dont) the bombers attack again but in a different town, some of these people will begin to realise that the police action is, regrettably, necessary. I am no fan of the police, and don't like it when they shoot people without good cause, but I'm afraid in the current environment we have to accept that occasional mistakes will happen. Anyway, he was not black or Asian - he doesn't even look it - so why are some immature so-called "liberals" claiming the police are executing people on the basis that they dark skinned and carrying a rucksack? There are many tens of thousands of dark skinned people with bags moving around on the tube today, and, guess what? Not one has been shot. My blood is boiling with some of the criticism the police are having to put up with today.
liverpolitan no está en línea  
Old July 24th, 2005, 07:47 PM   #65
JUXTAPOL
800th birthday in 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommygunn
when you think about it he has had plain clothes officers waving hand guns at him you probably would run on instinct.
It will be interesting to hear the full fact's about what went on when they all come out. It sounds like a number of occurences all combining in the sad end result.

If you were an anti-terrorist trained plain clothes police officer chasing a young man wearing a padded coat who is leaping barriers to get onto a tube train, (after 50+ deaths on the tube and 4 suspects on the loose after another failed suicide plot), is this man now going to blow you and the occupants of the carriage up...!, or do you use your gun...!

You the policeman has to decide immediately, because the suspect's actions aren't helping.
Old July 24th, 2005, 07:54 PM   #66
tommygunn

Quote:
It will be interesting to hear the full fact's about what went on when they all come out. It sounds like a number of occurences all combining in the sad end result.

If you were an anti-terrorist trained plain clothes police officer chasing a young man wearing a padded coat who is leaping barriers to get onto a tube train, (after 50+ deaths on the tube and 4 suspects on the loose after another failed suicide plot), is this man now going to blow you and the occupants of the carriage up...!, or do you use your gun...!

You the policeman has to decide immediately, because the suspect's actions aren't helping.
like you say it would be nice to know the facts we all know the police stick up for each other anyway dont we who knows if he did jump the ticket barrier.
Old July 24th, 2005, 08:28 PM   #67
kung_fuzi

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by liverpolitan
There are some extremely selfish and immature people right now complaining about racist state executions blah blah blah..mainly people who do not use the tube every day. Perhaps if (and I hope they dont) the bombers attack again but in a different town, some of these people will begin to realise that the police action is, regrettably, necessary. I am no fan of the police, and don't like it when they shoot people without good cause, but I'm afraid in the current environment we have to accept that occasional mistakes will happen. Anyway, he was not black or Asian - he doesn't even look it - so why are some immature so-called "liberals" claiming the police are executing people on the basis that they dark skinned and carrying a rucksack? There are many tens of thousands of dark skinned people with bags moving around on the tube today, and, guess what? Not one has been shot. My blood is boiling with some of the criticism the police are having to put up with today.

Hear Hear!.
Next stop 'Car Thieves'.

By the way LP congrats on passing 1000 posts.
kung_fuzi no está en línea  
Old July 24th, 2005, 08:32 PM   #68
woody
Liverpool + Urmston

Likes (Received): 256

Thumbs up Well Done

Quote:
Originally Posted by kung_fuzi
Yeh, well done you are fast catching up on Accy boy now that he is away on holiday
Old July 24th, 2005, 08:40 PM   #69
JUXTAPOL
800th birthday in 2007

Oh yes... congrats Liverpolitan on 1001

Sounds like the title of a book

"1001 things to say in an internet forum"

By Liverpolitan
Old July 24th, 2005, 08:59 PM   #70
liverpolitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by woody
Yeh, well done you are fast catching up on Accy boy now that he is away on holiday
erm, well thanks for that Woody, never regarded myself as a protege of Accy but there is always value in looking in life from new perspectives.
Old July 24th, 2005, 09:00 PM   #71
liverpolitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by kung_fuzi
Hear Hear!.
Next stop 'Car Thieves'.

Old July 24th, 2005, 09:01 PM   #72
liverpolitan

Quote:
Oh yes... congrats Liverpolitan on 1001

Sounds like the title of a book

"1001 things to say in an internet forum"

By Liverpolitan
Thanks Juxtapol. I think most of my (and everyone elses) brilliant posts are still lost. Will they ever be recovered? Our post total is twice that of Manchester, but about a tenth that of Birmingham. Does this tell us something about the location of the hacker?
Old July 24th, 2005, 09:14 PM   #73
caw123
Hit the north!

Quote:
Thanks Juxtapol. I think most of my (and everyone elses) brilliant posts are still lost. Will they ever be recovered? Our post total is twice that of Manchester, but about a tenth that of Birmingham. Does this tell us something about the location of the hacker?
They will be recovered but it could be a while. It's going to take several dozen hours of work each for Jan and Gothicform to get them back.

A 10th that of Birmingham? Birmingham has the lowest count! The hacker was apparently in the Netherlands. And wreaked havoc in the UK forums more than any other because he was pissed we got the olympics. How pathetic.

If the person who has the gall to hack a pissy little Skyscraper forum was a happy person, he wouldn't feel the need to be such a snivelling little ****.

"Manchester is located in the center of Lancashire plain in northwestern England like a big circle theatre."
caw123 no está en línea  
Old July 24th, 2005, 09:28 PM   #74
Blabbernsmoke
BANNED

Location: Beside the lake, Beneath the trees, Fluttering and dancing, In the Breeze

Disgusting language! You should be brigged for that Caw.
Blabbernsmoke no está en línea  
Old July 24th, 2005, 09:30 PM   #75
liverpolitan

Quote:
Originally Posted by caw123
They will be recovered but it could be a while. It's going to take several dozen hours of work each for Jan and Gothicform to get them back.

A 10th that of Birmingham? Birmingham has the lowest count! The hacker was apparently in the Netherlands. And wreaked havoc in the UK forums more than any other because he was pissed we got the olympics. How pathetic.

If the person who has the gall to hack a pissy little Skyscraper forum was a happy person, he wouldn't feel the need to be such a snivelling little ****.
Oh yes you are right, i Just checked, but I am sure Birmingham had that many threads a couple of days after the attack. I am pleased that the law is slowly starting to catch up in this area, and hackers are now being treated as the serious criminals that they are. They attack freedom of speech, and are as guilty (of unlawful censorship) as those who assassinate newspaper editors.

I think that Liverpool, Hamburg and Marseilles should jointly bid for the 2028 Olympics, and use the Maglev as the glue that holds it all together.
Old July 24th, 2005, 09:31 PM   #76
liverpolitan

Or maybe 2032, I don't know how long these Maglev lines take to build.

Subsidiary events could take place in Barcelona, Gdansk and Genoa, so all the major European countries would be involved.

Or maybe just go for a tighter combination: Dublin/Liverpool-Manchester/Rotterdam-Amsterdam?

Last edited by liverpolitan; July 24th, 2005 at 09:37 PM.
Old July 24th, 2005, 09:39 PM   #77
Blabbernsmoke
BANNED

Location: Beside the lake, Beneath the trees, Fluttering and dancing, In the Breeze

Quote:
Oh yes you are right, i Just checked, but I am sure Birmingham had that many threads a couple of days after the attack. I am pleased that the law is slowly starting to catch up in this area, and hackers are now being treated as the serious criminals that they are. They attack freedom of speech, and are as guilty (of unlawful censorship) as those who assassinate newspaper editors.

I think that Liverpool, Hamburg and Marseilles should jointly bid for the 2028 Olympics, and use the Maglev as the glue that holds it all together.
You ought to bet a quid on that. The odds are 8, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000, 000 to 1
Blabbernsmoke no está en línea  
Old July 24th, 2005, 09:43 PM   #78
liverpolitan

Well they will return to the UK one day, after 2012, it's a question of when, and where. Liverpool should start work now - but it could only win as part of a "network bid", which currently the Olympic movement is too old-fashioned to comprehend. To me it's obvious that well-connected networks of secondary cities are the only alternative to the primary cities as contenders. I am very keen on a joint bid for something with Dublin, and if the Maglev is built that will transform the ability of secondary centres to network in a meaningful way. There may well be "secondary" centres, in France in particular, who would love a shot at it, now Paris has gone down yet again. Some kind of networked event with them could work, which is why I suggested Marseilles.

I am sure the Garden Festival site will still be available.

Last edited by liverpolitan; July 24th, 2005 at 09:49 PM.
Old July 24th, 2005, 10:09 PM   #79
liverpolitan

Can anyone speak decent French? I want to post on a Marseilles site and try to sell them this idea. Concorde, after all, was a collaboration between Toulouse and Bristol, so there is a good record of secondary English and French cities collaborating to create world-beating outcomes.
Old July 24th, 2005, 11:06 PM   #80
sloyne
Help find Madeleine

Quote:
but would anyone here run away from armed police when asked to stop, and jump over ticket barriers and onto a busy tube train, wearing a large padded coat, etc, etc...!
But the police have accepted FULL responsibility, Jack Straw has promised a public enquiry, the Foreign Secretary has applogised to Brazil yet you still blame the victim?

Closed Thread