daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Architecture > European Classic Architecture and Landscapes

European Classic Architecture and Landscapes All related to historical buildings and landscapes of the old world.



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old July 26th, 2005, 01:37 PM   #21
esseker
OSIJEK NEPOKORENI GRAD!
 
esseker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Osijek
Posts: 3,145
Likes (Received): 192

My favourite castle

Quote:
Originally Posted by sack of spuds
Who owns the castle Mailath and what are the plans regarding renovation?
The Maillath castle is located in Donji Miholjac which is near Osijek to the West. It is the seat of the town's council and mayor's office.
I belive that all our castles which are owned by the State should host institutions (not only museums) because that's the only way to preserve them if there's no real touristic potential. The example of the castle Eszterhazy in Darda north from Osijek is a good example since it will host an agricultural research center.
esseker no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 27th, 2005, 02:15 AM   #22
SinCity
Streetwalker
 
SinCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Sodom & Gomorrah
Posts: 7,024
Likes (Received): 101

Does anyone know how many there are exactly regarding all casltes, mansions, manor houses etc across Croatia? Is there some sort of heritage register that lists them all?
SinCity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2005, 12:14 AM   #23
bubach_hlubach
hlubach bubach
 
bubach_hlubach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 7,387
Likes (Received): 161

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinCity
Does anyone know how many there are exactly regarding all casltes, mansions, manor houses etc across Croatia? Is there some sort of heritage register that lists them all?
How many? Don't even ask...Just in Zagorje and Medjiumurje region there is at least a thousand, then in Istria and Rijeka region another thousand etc etc etc.
I've been browsing some lists of heritage divided by few certain regions, but even they dont show the exact figures; there's a lot more
__________________
Do you believe a love could run so strong?
Do you believe a love could pass you by?


'Cause I can't go on (Will you still love me?)
No, I can't go on (Just say you love me)
bubach_hlubach no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2005, 03:21 AM   #24
SinCity
Streetwalker
 
SinCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Sodom & Gomorrah
Posts: 7,024
Likes (Received): 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubach_hlubach
How many? Don't even ask...Just in Zagorje and Medjiumurje region there is at least a thousand, then in Istria and Rijeka region another thousand etc etc etc.
I've been browsing some lists of heritage divided by few certain regions, but even they dont show the exact figures; there's a lot more
I heard there was loads of them but it would be cool to know of a list somewhere.

In Dalmatia its a different story. Most of them are villas built in a different style.
SinCity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2005, 03:39 AM   #25
bubach_hlubach
hlubach bubach
 
bubach_hlubach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 7,387
Likes (Received): 161

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinCity
I heard there was loads of them but it would be cool to know of a list somewhere.

In Dalmatia its a different story. Most of them are villas built in a different style.
It is extremely hard to find such lists, trust me. Even when you find a list you will see that only protected objects are listed, but the thing is that not all of them are protected.

Yeah, the situation in Dalmatia is somewhat different, not a whole lot, though. It may seem Dalmatia is another story because of its different and unique style of architecture. It's true that there you won't see castles ala Trakoscan or Mailath, but you will see a number of medieval forts, fortifications and towers, for example look at the sea front of Trogir

__________________
Do you believe a love could run so strong?
Do you believe a love could pass you by?


'Cause I can't go on (Will you still love me?)
No, I can't go on (Just say you love me)
bubach_hlubach no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2005, 03:42 AM   #26
SinCity
Streetwalker
 
SinCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Sodom & Gomorrah
Posts: 7,024
Likes (Received): 101

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubach_hlubach
It is extremely hard to find such lists, trust me. Even when you find a list you will see that only protected objects are listed, but the thing is that not all of them are protected.

Yeah, the situation in Dalmatia is somewhat different, not a whole lot, though. It may seem Dalmatia is another story because of its different and unique style of architecture. It's true that there you won't see castles ala Trakoscan or Mailath, but you will see a number of medieval forts, fortifications and towers, for example look at the sea front of Trogir

..... or the seven castles approaching Split .....

Does Croatia have a National Trust. An organisation that registers historic properties and ensures their preservation ?????
SinCity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2005, 03:54 AM   #27
bubach_hlubach
hlubach bubach
 
bubach_hlubach's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Michigan
Posts: 7,387
Likes (Received): 161

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinCity
..... or the seven castles approaching Split .....

Does Croatia have a National Trust. An organisation that registers historic properties and ensures their preservation ?????
Yes, Croatia does have it, actually has more institutions lol some things could get very complicated sometimes rofl, anyway, one of those organizations is called 'konzervatorski ured', it might be under ministry of culture, not sure, though. This organization has the list we are looking for ,and supervises rennovation and preservation works
__________________
Do you believe a love could run so strong?
Do you believe a love could pass you by?


'Cause I can't go on (Will you still love me?)
No, I can't go on (Just say you love me)
bubach_hlubach no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2005, 12:10 AM   #28
Arpels
Αλέξανδρος
 
Arpels's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Guarda/Barreiro
Posts: 53,256
Likes (Received): 378

beautiful castles!!
Arpels no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu