daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 29th, 2005, 05:14 PM   #381
crazyevildude

Likes (Received): 158

So when is the final dicision on this likly to be made? by the end of the year?
crazyevildude no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 29th, 2005, 11:49 PM   #382
spyguy
Expert

Likes (Received): 97

I don't think that's really known to anyone in the public. Like I posted earlier, they are, or were, meeting with various groups to make sure there's very little opposition to this tower, if any at all. But if they want to start construction by spring of next year, they would need to start getting a move on. Also, the units don't officially go on sale till October.
spyguy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2005, 12:38 AM   #383
Effer
E Pluribus Unum

Likes (Received): 226

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyguy999
I don't think that's really known to anyone in the public. Like I posted earlier, they are, or were, meeting with various groups to make sure there's very little opposition to this tower, if any at all. But if they want to start construction by spring of next year, they would need to start getting a move on. Also, the units don't officially go on sale till October.
Do you know the EXACT date?
BTW How much are the units going to be in USD?
Effer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2005, 12:44 AM   #384
STR
What'u smokin' Willis?

Likes (Received): 104

Considering it's a $500 million tower, the units will have to average at least $2 million each.
Old September 30th, 2005, 01:00 AM   #385
spyguy
Expert

And those lower million dollar figures are probably for small units near the bottom. I can't imagine what people on the top will pay for a big unit.
Old September 30th, 2005, 01:03 AM   #386
STR
What'u smokin' Willis?

Taking a shot in the dark, the penthouses could go for 6-10 million.
Old September 30th, 2005, 01:03 AM   #387
spyguy
Expert

How much did the penthouse go for in Trump? I heard huge sums, but I don't know if they were true.
Old October 1st, 2005, 03:24 AM   #388
Effer
E Pluribus Unum

Likes (Received): 226

Quote:
How much did the penthouse go for in Trump? I heard huge sums, but I don't know if they were true.
Considering that Donald Trunp is a billionaire, the penthouses would go around $10 million, I guess?

Last edited by effer; October 1st, 2005 at 03:50 AM.
Effer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2005, 03:34 AM   #389
STR
What'u smokin' Willis?

Quote:
$8 Million.
Old October 1st, 2005, 03:45 AM   #390
spyguy
Expert

Interesting. Less than what I expected though.
Old October 1st, 2005, 03:53 AM   #391
STR
What'u smokin' Willis?

It's Chicago, not New York or London. Condos here don''t cost insane prices. That $8 million makes that penthouse one of the most expensive residences in the Midwest.
Old October 1st, 2005, 04:31 PM   #392
crazyevildude

Likes (Received): 158

Quote:
Originally Posted by STR
$8 Million.
Sounds like a bargin
crazyevildude no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2005, 10:04 PM   #393
jeremy stephens
rogerick1970

Likes (Received): 2

I mean its a very tall building and all but its not that exiting because i mean all of the other buildings going on around the world. We have new york and dubai. its just so many things going on its overwhelming.
jeremy stephens no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2005, 10:21 PM   #394
spyguy
Expert

What? This tower is much more exciting than anything in NYC, including the current form of the Freedom Tower. I don't understand what your second sentence means at all. Yes, "we have new york and dubai" and we also have Miami, Toronto, Chicago, Hong Kong, London, and a million other cities that are having booms too. Compare the boom threads for NYC and Chicago. You'll be surprised I think.
Old October 2nd, 2005, 05:53 AM   #395
uberalles
Boca Raton,FL (x-Chicago)

Likes (Received): 0

Personally, I've never been so excited about a building that is only in the proposal stage. It may take a second or third look to really see the beauty of the building. It has simplicity and gracefullness to it. When put against other buildings like Sears, Hancock and WTC, the Spire looks more like a piece of art than a building. It may become the Eifel tower of Chicago.
uberalles no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2005, 02:06 AM   #396
beyond 1000
BANNED

Likes (Received): 74

At 1465 ft it still doesn't reach Taipei101 to the roof (1469 ft)

At 1588 ft you get US7.
At 1614 ft you get SWFC.

Not to ruin the weather in Chi-town but this building is only 11 ft higher than Sears (to roof that is). Still looks nice and all but they need to raise the height while keeping the spire up to 2k.

Since they are going to have the tallest in Chicago, why not make it look like it is the tallest.
beyond 1000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2005, 02:27 AM   #397
sdtj
-°- America's Finest -°-

Likes (Received): 57

El peor enemigo de la verdad no es la mentira, sino la estupidez.
Lo tengo todo, por no querer mas nada..
sdtj no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2005, 02:30 AM   #398
spyguy
Expert

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond 1000
At 1465 ft it still doesn't reach Taipei101 to the roof (1469 ft)

At 1588 ft you get US7.
At 1614 ft you get SWFC.

Not to ruin the weather in Chi-town but this building is only 11 ft higher than Sears (to roof that is). Still looks nice and all but they need to raise the height while keeping the spire up to 2k.

Since they are going to have the tallest in Chicago, why not make it look like it is the tallest.
I'm not saying that it coudn't, or might not happen in the future, but that brings about other complications as a result. If you add too much height then you add more units, which might ruin the argument "less units = less traffic."
Old October 3rd, 2005, 02:31 AM   #399
spyguy
Expert

And if you add things like public restaurants and observation decks then you add a LOT of vehicle and foot traffic. Not a bad thing for nearby businesses, but the neighbors will be a lot more angry.
Old October 3rd, 2005, 05:38 AM   #400
STR
What'u smokin' Willis?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyevildude
Sounds like a bargin
Yeah I think so. It's a massive penthouse (12,000 sqft (1,115 sqm) ) sitting over 90 floors above the street. 8.7 million is pretty good for a perch like that. It seems the lower penthouses sold well too. The highest unit available is on the 87th floor with most of the 86th for sale as well.

http://www.trumpchicago.com/graphics...al/fl_87_a.pdf