daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old October 2nd, 2005, 11:01 AM   #241
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus
 
Chad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Bangkok
Posts: 37,354
Likes (Received): 3632

What?....?!
__________________
You have the right to remain silent, everything you say will be misquoted and used against you in the forum

-Imate pravo da ćutite, sve što budete rekli može i biće upotrebljeno protiv vas na forumu

You know you love me. XOXO.
Chad no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 2nd, 2005, 11:15 AM   #242
Aboveday
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Unidentified
Posts: 1,177
Likes (Received): 11

Height limit for building is set in some area in HK but not in TST and West Kowloon,
because these area is far away from mountains ,even a 20 storeys building in waterfront can block the view of mountain ridge when people looking from Hong Kong.
The area of the empty site next to Union Square is very large,nobody knows what will be built there .
Aboveday no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2005, 11:55 AM   #243
zergcerebrates
Registered User
 
zergcerebrates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Guam,Los Angeles
Posts: 2,287
Likes (Received): 62

I just don't understand how the soil can hold such weight. ICC is just next to the water so isn't the foundation kinda soft?.
zergcerebrates no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2005, 12:18 PM   #244
ENDOPHINS
****** Guest
 
ENDOPHINS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Hong Kong, China
Posts: 280
Likes (Received): 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by zergcerebrates
I just don't understand how the soil can hold such weight. ICC is just next to the water so isn't the foundation kinda soft?.
the whole Union Square is built on reclamation land.
ENDOPHINS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2005, 12:21 PM   #245
dannykylaw
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 149
Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aboveday
Height limit for building is set in some area in HK but not in TST and West Kowloon,
because these area is far away from mountains ,even a 20 storeys building in waterfront can block the view of mountain ridge when people looking from Hong Kong.
The area of the empty site next to Union Square is very large,nobody knows what will be built there .
The empty site next to US7 is large, but the height limit has been set there. The front site of US7 is for culture center (low architecture) as HK announced. But HK government is still thinking about how to make the architecture (Single project or multi-projects for developer). Supper high building will not see more except US7.
The main point is HK people they don’t want to see more and more high rise architectures to be built in harbor front.
Because of the mountains, even the East Kowloon project (Old Airport), No more high rise buildings are planning to be built there as government announced.
dannykylaw no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2005, 12:22 PM   #246
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus
 
Chad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Bangkok
Posts: 37,354
Likes (Received): 3632

One question, how Expensive is the Reclaimation in HK?

Perhaps per Sq.m. ?
__________________
You have the right to remain silent, everything you say will be misquoted and used against you in the forum

-Imate pravo da ćutite, sve što budete rekli može i biće upotrebljeno protiv vas na forumu

You know you love me. XOXO.
Chad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2005, 01:07 PM   #247
vincent
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 1,380
Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by zergcerebrates
I just don't understand how the soil can hold such weight. ICC is just next to the water so isn't the foundation kinda soft?.
no, how "soft" the foundation is not determined by whether it is a reclaimed land or not. It is determined by the bedrock of the earth in that particular area (a level even lower than the reclamation).
Basically all tall buildings in HK are built on reclamation land.
vincent no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2005, 01:33 PM   #248
Aboveday
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Unidentified
Posts: 1,177
Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannykylaw
The empty site next to US7 is large, but the height limit has been set there. The front site of US7 is for culture center (low architecture) as HK announced. But HK government is still thinking about how to make the architecture (Single project or multi-projects for developer). Supper high building will not see more except US7.
The main point is HK people they don’t want to see more and more high rise architectures to be built in harbor front.
Because of the mountains, even the East Kowloon project (Old Airport), No more high rise buildings are planning to be built there as government announced.
Not ture:
according to the Town Planning Board 2003 Annual Report ,west kowloon is planned for supertall.Height limit is set only at:
1.Hung Hom Bay
2.South East Kowloon
3.Wan Chai
4.Central.

even in west kowloon culture district,the "commerical gateway" twin tower have no height limit ,the govs idea is that if the design of the tower can match which the entire environment ,height is not a problem .this is what they told the public in the official website of WKCD,and thats why Dynamic Star International Limited designed a 325m twin tower in it.
Aboveday no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2005, 02:02 PM   #249
FM 2258
Registered User
 
FM 2258's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Austin
Posts: 5,436
Likes (Received): 611

Quote:
Originally Posted by ENDOPHINS
the whole Union Square is built on reclamation land.

So does that mean the soil is stronger on reclaimed land? I need to do my research and look up on how reclaimed land is done but I always get the idea that reclaimed land could easily slip out into the water.

I love the idea of reclaiming land. It's such a good idea.
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2005, 02:09 PM   #250
Bahraini Spirit
Registered User
 
Bahraini Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Bahrain; London
Posts: 3,430
Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM 2258
So does that mean the soil is stronger on reclaimed land? I need to do my research and look up on how reclaimed land is done but I always get the idea that reclaimed land could easily slip out into the water.

I love the idea of reclaiming land. It's such a good idea.
But not such a good idea cause it destroys the environment. It's useful when you run out of land though.
__________________
<<_>>Live your life, let no one hinder!!!<<_>>
Bahraini Spirit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2005, 02:39 PM   #251
dannykylaw
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 149
Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aboveday
Not ture:
according to the Town Planning Board 2003 Annual Report ,west kowloon is planned for supertall.Height limit is set only at:
1.Hung Hom Bay
2.South East Kowloon
3.Wan Chai
4.Central.

even in west kowloon culture district,the "commerical gateway" twin tower have no height limit ,the govs idea is that if the design of the tower can match which the entire environment ,height is not a problem .this is what they told the public in the official website of WKCD,and thats why Dynamic Star International Limited designed a 325m twin tower in it.
Thanks for your data very much. I'll re-check the data as you say.
Whatever, your data is right or not.Thanks!
dannykylaw no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2005, 02:43 PM   #252
Anekdote
Registered User
 
Anekdote's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 1,116
Likes (Received): 29

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM 2258
So does that mean the soil is stronger on reclaimed land? I need to do my research and look up on how reclaimed land is done but I always get the idea that reclaimed land could easily slip out into the water.

I love the idea of reclaiming land. It's such a good idea.
Yea it's a good idea.
But how will Victoria Harbour look like in 50years? No more Victoria Harbour? Victoria River? Victoria Canal?
Anekdote no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2005, 03:35 PM   #253
dannykylaw
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 149
Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anekdote
Yea it's a good idea.
But how will Victoria Harbour look like in 50years? No more Victoria Harbour? Victoria River? Victoria Canal?
I’m sure that Victoria Harbor will not have large/small reclamations after Central and Wan Chai. The previous reclamation panning of Victoria Harbor was larger than current size. HK Government was complained by HK Citizens in such problem seriously. Therefore, government reduced the area from 54 hectares to 20 hectares something( I’m not sure the exact number). So, after the recamation of Central & Wan Chai will not see more in the Victoria harbor.
It won’t become a river in 50 years as you thought.
By the way, the reclamation land will be used for parks and leisure places.I think the Central and Wan chai will have a better environment since 2010.
dannykylaw no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2005, 03:53 PM   #254
dannykylaw
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Hong Kong
Posts: 149
Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent
no, how "soft" the foundation is not determined by whether it is a reclaimed land or not. It is determined by the bedrock of the earth in that particular area (a level even lower than the reclamation).
Basically all tall buildings in HK are built on reclamation land.

You're right !
dannykylaw no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2005, 04:10 PM   #255
London
New York
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: London
Posts: 1,120
Likes (Received): 0

Despite its simplicity, its far too sexy for today's world! I mean... look at its tender curves It makes me wanna grap it by the sides and give it one good bang if you ask me!!!

Its reallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreally TALL!! Im loving it - dada da da daaaa!
London no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2005, 04:58 PM   #256
Aboveday
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Unidentified
Posts: 1,177
Likes (Received): 11

bang it?!coughcoughcough.........
Aboveday no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2005, 10:10 PM   #257
beyond 1000
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 360
Likes (Received): 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by London
Despite its simplicity, its far too sexy for today's world! I mean... look at its tender curves It makes me wanna grap it by the sides and give it one good bang if you ask me!!!

Its reallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreallyreally TALL!! Im loving it - dada da da daaaa!

Sorry London but you need a girl.
beyond 1000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2005, 11:33 PM   #258
Effer
E Pluribus Unum
 
Effer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Vanderbilt
Posts: 3,741
Likes (Received): 226

Coundn't agree more.
Effer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2005, 12:23 AM   #259
London
New York
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: London
Posts: 1,120
Likes (Received): 0

I know, im going crazy people. I've been banging anything i could get my hands on: my dog, the trash can, the fly on the wall

Dont knock it before you try it!
London no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2005, 11:25 AM   #260
Aboveday
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Unidentified
Posts: 1,177
Likes (Received): 11

新鴻基不動産:九龍駅に世界3位の高層ビル建設

2005/09/30 金
10:16:29更新

  不動産デベロッパー大手の新鴻基地産発展有限公司[香港上場、新鴻基不動産(サンフンカイ)、0016]と、香港の地下鉄会社である地鉄有限公司[香港上場、MTR(エムティーアール)、0066]が共同開発する地下鉄九龍駅周辺での第7期不動産建設計画で、ビルの名称が「環球貿易広場」に決定した。高級ホテル、ショッピングフロア、高級住宅など、多目的ビルとしての利用が見込まれている。29日付で香港・財華網が伝えた。

  この建設計画は、高さ490メートルの118階建てビル「環球貿易広場」を建設するというもの。竣工後は、香港で一番高いビル「国際金融中心二期」を大きく上回り、世界で第3位の高さとなる。「国際金融中心二期」は高さ420メートル。

  新鴻基不動産の雷霆・執行董事代理の説明によれば、竣工は2007年下半期(7-12月)となる見通し。第1期は11フロア、計45万平方フィートのテナント部分をリースする予定で、1年当たりの賃貸料金は2億香港ドルを見込んでいる。(編集担当:黒川真吾)
Aboveday no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:11 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu