daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old October 3rd, 2005, 07:30 PM   #381
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!
 
malec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Cork
Posts: 9,598
Likes (Received): 125

That square hole is another bullshit photoshop job, just like the version with no hole at all.
malec no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 3rd, 2005, 07:42 PM   #382
Aboveday
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Unidentified
Posts: 1,177
Likes (Received): 11

arhahaha,we will see.
Aboveday no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2005, 07:44 PM   #383
FM 2258
Registered User
 
FM 2258's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Austin
Posts: 5,436
Likes (Received): 611

I prefered the "holeless" SWFC. That looked so much better.
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2005, 08:33 PM   #384
Bahraini Spirit
Registered User
 
Bahraini Spirit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Bahrain; London
Posts: 3,430
Likes (Received): 4

It looks like a photoshop, I do agree with the guys about this. The only other reason I'd possibly think of would be because of the circle in the Japanese flag, but that's nonesense to actually change a design because of that.
__________________
<<_>>Live your life, let no one hinder!!!<<_>>
Bahraini Spirit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2005, 08:41 PM   #385
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus
 
Chad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Bangkok
Posts: 37,360
Likes (Received): 3669

It turns from all-time favorite design to some shit hole drawing.
__________________
You have the right to remain silent, everything you say will be misquoted and used against you in the forum

-Imate pravo da ćutite, sve što budete rekli može i biće upotrebljeno protiv vas na forumu

You know you love me. XOXO.
Chad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2005, 09:58 PM   #386
vincent
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Posts: 1,380
Likes (Received): 7

I don't think they will do that, because the ferris wheel can't be installed there if it is not circle.
vincent no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2005, 11:04 PM   #387
Darius
Registered User
 
Darius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Warsaw
Posts: 21
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM 2258
It's hard to beleive that Taipei 101 still doesn't beat that. It's time for a tower that really surpasses the Sears Tower.
Unless you rank buildings by tip (pinnacle) height, Taipei 101 does surpass Sears Tower. In my book, buildings are ranked by roof height and Sears is the world's number 2 now, behind T101. By 2009/2010, my ranking will probably look like that:

1. Burj Dubai
2. Shanghai World Financial Center - the focus of this thread
3. Union Square Phase 7
4. Taipei 101
5. Fordham Spire
6. Sears Tower
... (my own list goes on, I even have an xls file for that )

There are some potential 2010 buildings missing here but I won't really believe in Park Square Tower, Al Burj or Russia Tower until I see some real U/C pics. The same goes for Busan Lotte BTW. A hole in the ground is not enough

OK, back to SWFC now.

Edit: oh, one more thing. I realize that Fordham's status is still "proposed" but I have the feeling this building has a way better chance to be built that high and be finished in a few years than some other crazy projects out there.
Darius no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2005, 11:17 PM   #388
Marcanadian
Moderator
 
Marcanadian's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 13,069
Likes (Received): 2585

I dont think it looks that bad, but worse than before
__________________
Marcanadian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2005, 11:20 PM   #389
Aboveday
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Unidentified
Posts: 1,177
Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bahraini Spirit
It looks like a photoshop, I do agree with the guys about this. The only other reason I'd possibly think of would be because of the circle in the Japanese flag, but that's nonesense to actually change a design because of that.
its nonesense but it is happening.
if somebody is in shanghai now,he could see a new advertisement near SWFC which showing the up-to-date design of the tower..
Aboveday no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2005, 12:23 AM   #390
crazyevildude
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Cardiff
Posts: 1,145
Likes (Received): 158

Well...if it's true...it just lost it's position as my favourite building U/C. **sigh**.
crazyevildude no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2005, 12:37 AM   #391
CrazyCanuck
MOD SQUAD
 
CrazyCanuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,718
Likes (Received): 28

I sure hope its a photoshop
CrazyCanuck no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2005, 01:27 AM   #392
Siopao
レジスタドユーザー
 
Siopao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Tokyo
Posts: 1,417
Likes (Received): 100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aboveday


this homemade rendering showing the finalized design of SWFC.
the swfc model in shanghai urban planning exhibition hall has been updated as well.
ugly
Siopao no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2005, 01:35 AM   #393
Effer
E Pluribus Unum
 
Effer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Vanderbilt
Posts: 3,741
Likes (Received): 226

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aboveday


this homemade rendering showing the finalized design of SWFC.
the swfc model in shanghai urban planning exhibition hall has been updated as well.
What a HORRIBLE rendering!
Effer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2005, 01:50 AM   #394
Faz90
BENNED
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 121
Likes (Received): 1

I hate that design. I like the round hole.
Faz90 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2005, 02:27 AM   #395
adidas
BANNED
 
adidas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: London
Posts: 201
Likes (Received): 0

I think the design have not been finalised or whatever because i've seen so many programs about Shanghai and they always showed this building and this guy went to Shanghai and he went to the construction site of this building, and the Architectures or whatever they were took him into some nice building and showed him the animation of the whole Shanghai city and specially this tower. SO I THINK IT CANT BE TRUE.
adidas no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2005, 03:42 AM   #396
mtb_nz
Wellington user
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Wellington, NZ
Posts: 803
Likes (Received): 8

without the circle it looses its sexiness... i don’t believe they have changed the design though... how would a Ferris wheel work if its square shaped. I wouldn’t go on it if it was square shaped lol
mtb_nz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2005, 04:10 AM   #397
Jue
Perception
 
Jue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Houston/Shanghai
Posts: 537
Likes (Received): 1

People seem really bored with this building's construction progress, hence all these bad Photoshop jobs. None of this happens for Burj Dubai.
Jue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2005, 04:35 AM   #398
FM 2258
Registered User
 
FM 2258's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Austin
Posts: 5,436
Likes (Received): 611

This is what the tower should be:



Why have the useless hole? The hole looks kinda ******y in my opinion but who knows, I bet it will look nice once completed but I like it holeless.
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2005, 04:45 AM   #399
Faz90
BENNED
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 121
Likes (Received): 1

It looks retarded either without a hole, or with a hole other than a circle.
Faz90 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2005, 05:48 AM   #400
beyond 1000
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 360
Likes (Received): 74

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM 2258
This is what the tower should be:



Why have the useless hole? The hole looks kinda ******y in my opinion but who knows, I bet it will look nice once completed but I like it holeless.
You mean its *******ness
beyond 1000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu