daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 17th, 2006, 02:17 PM   #341
Bonjourtoledo

Location: Toledo a.k.a. Glass City, Solar City, Jeep City or Mud Hens Town
Likes (Received): 1

Local Favorites' Retail: Andersons Specialty Grocery

As much as I love Andersons, but I'm jealous that we don't have one here in downtown. However they would be perfect in the Erie Street Market or near the baseball stadium to serve the downtown/Warehouse District residents. Instead they will be opening a Whole Foods Market-like store in northwest suburb of Sylvania. There has been rumors that Whole Foods Market has been shopping for a site in West Toledo near the Westfield Franklin Park area and the closest Whole Foods Market to the Toledo region is in Ann Arbor.

Last edited by Bonjourtoledo; May 26th, 2008 at 09:55 PM.
Bonjourtoledo no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 17th, 2006, 02:29 PM   #342
Bonjourtoledo

Commodore Perry News

Commodore Perry is one of the many jewels in Toledo downtown and has a rich history. The Wells-Fargo bank wants to foreclose on a loan but we will see greener pastures as they get through the process. It's a beautiful building and in many cases across the country it is very risky to renovate a historical building which requires time and capital. Most of the time it is not profitable unless it's set at a market rate to keep up with the loan payments. I for one is happy that this building was renovated and used for condos and apartments because it is one of the better places to live in the metro region.

Far right bottom corner of this picture:

Last edited by Bonjourtoledo; May 26th, 2008 at 09:55 PM.
Old October 17th, 2006, 07:08 PM   #343
Bonjourtoledo

Bass Pro Shops: Done Deal!!!

It's finally a done deal as of this morning's press conference. Bass Pro Shops will be in Rossford which is 5 minutes south of downtown Toledo and it'll be interesting to see the spin-off developments once the place opens. I will post further development news in regards to this area as it becomes available.

Bass Pro Shops® News Releases
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Bass Pro Shops Coming to Wood County, Ohio
October 17, 2006

Rossford, Ohio- October 17, 2006 - Bass Pro Shops, has announced plans to build an outdoor superstore in the new Crossroads of America development at the intersection of Interstates 75, 80 and 90 in Wood County. The store may also include their famous Islamorada Fish Company restaurant. More information about the store and development will be released at a later date.

Bass Pro Shops unique, award-winning, outdoor stores are known for combining retail with entertainment, conservation and outdoor education.

"Bass Pro Shops is a dynamic outdoor retailer and we are excited to have the opportunity to work with them, and welcome them to our community," commented Tim Brown of the Wood County Commission.

"We are extremely proud to be announcing our second Ohio store and look forward to becoming a part of the Wood County community and surrounding region," stated Bass Pro Shops President Jim Hagale. "This highly visible and accessible location will enable us to better serve our many customers and all outdoor enthusiasts that visit and live in this beautiful area of the country."

Starting with just 8 feet of retail space in a small store in Springfield, Missouri back in 1971, Bass Pro Shops began by offering a selection of the latest gear from the fledgling bass tournament fishing trail. Today, the name Bass Pro Shops is world renown. Named the #1 outdoor retailer in America by Sporting Goods Business Magazine, the company has won numerous awards for their innovative store designs.

Bass Pro Shops stores are much more than just a retail store. The sights and sounds of the outdoors are brought indoors through museum-quality wildlife dioramas, huge murals and chandeliers depicting outdoor scenes, massive log and rock work, waterfalls, and other water features, and aquariums stocked with native fish species. The attention to the finest detail from wildlife tracks in the concrete, to wildlife carvings on logs and rafters is what helps add to the uniqueness of a Bass Pro Shops store.

A local theme can be felt throughout all Bass Pro Shops stores with use of artifacts and memorabilia from the area as well as historic photos of local outdoor enthusiast that pay tribute to the great outdoor heritage of the region. Laser galleries, climbing walls, archery ranges, NASCAR shops and more add to the family entertainment.

The store will also include an expansive boat showroom featuring a complete selection of Tracker, Nitro and Tahoe boats built by Tracker Marine Group- the world's largest manufacturer of fishing boats.

Known as a very conservation-minded company, Bass Pro Shops provides major support to national and local organizations for their conservation projects and has received more awards for their conservation efforts than any other outdoor retailer in America.

Outdoor education is also a key component to Bass Pro Shops strong commitment to our natural resources and the sportsmen and sportswomen who enjoy them. Weekly free outdoor skills workshops are offered at all stores for kids, women, novice adults and families. It is also not unusual to see various groups, including Boy Scout and Girl Scout troops, as well as school and church groups, and others on field trips to Bass Pro Shops stores to learn about the great outdoors in the comfort of the great indoors of Bass Pro Shops.

More than just a fishing and hunting store, Bass Pro Shops will also offer equipment and clothing for hiking, backpacking, wildlife viewing, camping, outdoor cooking and more. A gift and nature center will also serve up a wide variety of outdoor-related items from lamps and dishes to bird feeders and furniture.

Known for their great customer service, Bass Pro Shops is expected to hire approximately 300 passionate outdoor enthusiasts from the area.
Old October 18th, 2006, 06:27 PM   #344
marek bielski
SS-man: Semen Shedder

Likes (Received): 22

I passed through Toledo in July. I was impressed by the Maumee River Crossing/I-280 Bridge - it is a true engineering marvel and a great symbol for the city. Do you guys have any recent pics of this bridge?
marek bielski no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2006, 04:48 AM   #345
Toledo_Programmer

Likes (Received): 0

I-280 Bridge

Here is a picture from the site lookuptoledo.com. It's a picture during construction, but gives an idea of what the full picture will look like at the end. It truly will be not just an engineering success but a work of art.

http://cmhimg01.dot.state.oh.us/imag...SouthView3.jpg
Toledo_Programmer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 2nd, 2006, 02:29 PM   #346
Bonjourtoledo

One Seagate Tower Latest Development

Deleted due to Toledo Blade's request.

Last edited by Bonjourtoledo; May 26th, 2008 at 09:56 PM.
Old November 2nd, 2006, 02:35 PM   #347
Bonjourtoledo

Maumee Ford Plant Development News

Old November 2nd, 2006, 02:39 PM   #348
Bonjourtoledo

Marina District Latest Update 10-28-2006

Old November 2nd, 2006, 02:51 PM   #349
Bonjourtoledo

Marina District Latest Update 10-28-2006 Pt. 2

Here are some recent pictures of the Marina District developments:

You can also view other posts in this thread in regards to the Marina District project.
Old November 2nd, 2006, 02:53 PM   #350
Bonjourtoledo

Maumee River Crossing/I-280 Bridge Update News

Here is the most recent pictures of the new I-280 Bridge which is almost completed and I got this off the webcam from their construction website. It is gorgeous and you can see it in plan view from anywhere in town. This will redefine our skyline:

Old November 2nd, 2006, 02:58 PM   #351
Bonjourtoledo

Local Favorites' Retail: Andersons Specialty Grocery

Last edited by Bonjourtoledo; May 26th, 2008 at 10:29 PM.
Old November 3rd, 2006, 05:20 AM   #352
illmatic774
Midwest, young n restless

Holy... thats the first time i've seen the bridge since LAST July...

it really sticks out like a sore thumb, in a good way...

My mom loves Andersons too... here out west we're stuck with Vons (safeway), Smiths, and Albertsons...
illmatic774 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2006, 02:03 PM   #353
Bonjourtoledo

Downtown Arena Development News

Last edited by Bonjourtoledo; May 26th, 2008 at 10:29 PM.
Old November 16th, 2006, 02:06 PM   #354
Bonjourtoledo

Steam Plant Redevelopment Project Update

On the move again! You can see previous posts in this thread in regards to this project.

Developer: Steam plant ‘moving forward'
By Justin R. Kalmes
Toledo Free Press Metro Reporter
[email protected]

A local real estate developer wants Toledo's mayor to know he's doing everything he can to move forward on a prominent Downtown project.

David Ball, president of STS Property & Facility Management Inc. and one of the lead developers of the conversion of the vacant Toledo Edison Steam Plant on the Maumee River's west bank into upscale townhouses and apartments, said his project is moving forward despite a letter from Toledo Mayor Carty Finkbeiner stating otherwise.

“The mayor thought the day my tax credits were approved, I would dig a hole in the ground,” Ball said, noting Finkbeiner accused him in the letter of having priorities other than finishing the steam plant development. “He's pushing the wrong guy. I'm one of the guys out there trying to do stuff.”

Ball sent out full bid packages to contractors Oct. 27 after receiving word in early August from the National Park Service that it had approved the project's historical tax credits as submitted.

Ball said contractors must submit their bids by Nov. 17.

“This isn't like I'm not doing anything,” Ball said. “Every detail of this building is designed.

“We're on schedule,” he said. “This is just a big project.”

Ball initially hoped construction on the development, dubbed Water Street Station, would have begun this fall, but said delays pushed the start date to March 1. He said he did not budget to work through winter.

“This delay hasn't helped me,” he said, noting steel and concrete prices have risen significantly since he first projected costs. “There's only so much I can do and I'm doing it.”

Brian Schwartz, Finkbeiner's spokesman, did not return calls seeking comment at press time.

Ball said his past projects should be evidence enough to show he's committed to making Downtown Toledo a better place. His company's recent endeavors include renovations at the Woolworth Building, which houses First Merit Bank and TalentTrack, Fort Industry Square, a building at 601 Monroe St., that houses The Blarney Irish Pub and Grill and soon-to-be offices for Toledo Free Press, and the Ohio Building.

“The demand for Downtown housing has increased,” Jimmy Jackson, a Toledo native and 14-year NBA veteran who is partnering with Ball, said in August. “We feel that because of what has been going on Downtown, we have the best product in the market based on its location.”

Jackson said he believes people associate activity with seeing cranes and other common construction symbols. He said new construction is necessary to continue to breathe new life into Downtown Toledo, but people should be patient because it will eventually come.

“Perception-wise it's tough,” Jackson said of Toledo residents' view of their community. “But if we continue to do things like this, slowly that perception can change.”

Construction on the steam plant development, which will contain 75 units in the existing building and 34 townhouses in a new structure to be constructed on the plant's south side, should take 12 to 14 months, Ball said. He expects tenants to move in sometime in March 2008.

Ball stressed his relationship with Finkbeiner is a good one, despite the mayor's letter.

“The mayor has the right to be pushing all these projects, but we're on ours,” Ball said. “My priority has been about keeping jobs in Toledo and I've done that.”

Last edited by Bonjourtoledo; December 12th, 2006 at 05:09 AM. Reason: Larger photo shot
Old November 16th, 2006, 02:08 PM   #355
Bonjourtoledo

Bass Pro Shops Development Update

Last edited by Bonjourtoledo; May 26th, 2008 at 10:30 PM.
Old November 20th, 2006, 02:09 PM   #356
Bonjourtoledo

Wind Power Lab Development 11-20-2006

Last edited by Bonjourtoledo; May 26th, 2008 at 10:30 PM.
Old December 8th, 2006, 02:28 AM   #357
vader

Wow...I didnt know about this, an alternative energy lab would be a huge boon to the area. It could add momentum to the projects in East Toledo.
vader no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2006, 09:28 PM   #358
MilwaukeeMark
I claim to be staff.

Likes (Received): 356

That bridge is the balls.
Old December 12th, 2006, 04:58 AM   #359
Bonjourtoledo

Quote:
Originally Posted by vader View Post
Wow...I didnt know about this, an alternative energy lab would be a huge boon to the area. It could add momentum to the projects in East Toledo.
Hopefully we will know if this is a "go" by early next year. If you ever drive down State 25 in between Perrysburg and Bowling Green you can see 4 of the windmills spinning in the rural scene, IMO it's a very surreal view.
Old December 12th, 2006, 05:06 AM   #360
Bonjourtoledo

Water Street Station Development

As you may have seen numerous of posts in this thread in regards to this Steam Plant redevelopment. Here are more pictures of the rendering and the website link about this project:

http://www.waterstreettoledo.com/index.html