daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 3rd, 2007, 08:58 PM   #381
Bonjourtoledo

Location: Toledo a.k.a. Glass City, Solar City, Jeep City or Mud Hens Town
Likes (Received): 1

Map of Shops at Fallen Timbers Project

Deleted due to Toledo Blade's request.

Last edited by Bonjourtoledo; May 26th, 2008 at 10:33 PM.
Bonjourtoledo no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 4th, 2007, 07:49 AM   #382
toledo25

Likes (Received): 4

T Town Love

I love Toledo. It feels like this city is "on the verge" of something great. I can just feel it, it's like a current of electricity that is running under the city and it keeps building and building.
toledo25 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2007, 07:34 PM   #383
Bonjourtoledo

MLK, Jr. "Cherry Street" Bridge Project

Here are some few extra pictures of the Cherry Street Bridge:

Last edited by Bonjourtoledo; May 26th, 2008 at 10:34 PM. Reason: Adding photos
Old January 6th, 2007, 08:32 PM   #384
cjr2

Likes (Received): 0

King Bridge

Here is a picture I got of the repair work being done on the King bridge. Taken from the Wyndham Hotel on Jan. 1st
cjr2 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2007, 08:47 PM   #385
Mudhen419

Likes (Received): 115

thanx for the shot cjr2......not onlya nice view of the king bridge but also a good view of the marina district land...... anyone think they can get some pics of the new glass city marina on front street or updates on TPS and Oregon city schools building construction?thanx everyone
Mudhen419 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2007, 09:42 PM   #386
Bonjourtoledo

Quote:
Originally Posted by toledo25 View Post
I love Toledo. It feels like this city is "on the verge" of something great. I can just feel it, it's like a current of electricity that is running under the city and it keeps building and building.
I feel the same way and I think the downtown arena is the biggest of them of all. This city has been without a proper arena ever since 1837.

Last edited by Bonjourtoledo; January 6th, 2007 at 09:43 PM. Reason: bolding
Old January 6th, 2007, 09:47 PM   #387
Bonjourtoledo

cjr2, great picture of the bridge from the hotel! Considering that for the past several years we've been with one bridge (Cherry St. Bridge) and very soon we will have 4 altogether with I-280 new bridge, Craig Memorial (converted from interstate to city street), Cherry St. and Hi-Level bridge which should really be more accessible on both sides of the river.

Here is a picture I found from the City of Toledo's website which they are to be credited for taking it:
Old January 6th, 2007, 10:09 PM   #388
Bonjourtoledo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudhen419 View Post
thanx for the shot cjr2......not onlya nice view of the king bridge but also a good view of the marina district land...... anyone think they can get some pics of the new glass city marina on front street or updates on TPS and Oregon city schools building construction?thanx everyone
Mudhen419, here are some pictures that I got from the City of Toledo's website on the new glass city marina:

You can see previous posts in this thread in regards to the TPS schools building construction projects along with pictures that I've posted. I have not done Oregon city schools at all since there are so many projects and so little time. Everyday that I've gone to work, I have been seeing progress on the TPS schools building projects but I seem to keep forgetting my camera. The Libbey Middle School on Nebraska/Collingwood, Cherry Elementary on Cherry north of Central, Bowsher Middle School on Glendale/Byrne, Bowsher High School on Detroit/Arlington, Leverette Middle School on Manhattan/Mulberry, and Robinson Middle School on Monroe/Detroit are all coming very nicely and I love the new architectural styles which compliments the surrounding neighborhood instead of the gawdy 1960s-70s look. There are other projects which I haven't seen yet which are ongoing and they are Start High School on Tremainsville/Laskey and Deveaux Middle School on Sylvania/Douglas. Glenwood Elementary School on Glenwood near Detroit in the OWE neighborhood are in the process of public hearing inputs for the architectural and design aspects.

Here are some of the renderings and pictures of the new schools which will be completed within the next 6-18 months. I hope to post some pictures soon of their progress as time permits for me:

Robinson Middle School:

Bowsher Middle School:

Rogers High School:
Old January 7th, 2007, 10:48 AM   #389
Mudhen419

great finds bonjour do u by chance know where port clinton is planning on building there marina district?
Old January 7th, 2007, 07:14 PM   #390
Bonjourtoledo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudhen419 View Post
great finds bonjour do u by chance know where port clinton is planning on building there marina district?
I could not find it through the media or development websites on the proposed marina in Port Clinton. But since I am very familiar with Port Clinton because it is near my hometown and we have a lot of family and friends that lives there. Here is a map of where the proposed Marina District in Port Clinton:

Old January 7th, 2007, 07:23 PM   #391
Bonjourtoledo

The Andersons Grocery Construction Project

Here is the update picture on the construction The Andersons Speciality grocery store (think "Whole Foods Market"); you can see previous posts in this thread in regards to this project:

Last edited by Bonjourtoledo; January 7th, 2007 at 08:51 PM. Reason: spelling
Old January 7th, 2007, 07:29 PM   #392
Bonjourtoledo

South Toledo Skyscrapers 1-7-2007

There are a few high-rises in South Toledo area near the Southwyck Mall and the University of Toledo Health Campus:

Clarion Hotel south of the soon-to-be revamped Southwyck Mall; you can see this building while driving along the Ohio Turnpike I-80/90:

The former Ramada Hotel which is now a mega-church complex called "Genesis Dreamplex" and its located south of Southwyck Mall as well; you can see this building while driving along the Ohio Turnpike I-80/90:

Northside view of the Hilton Hotel which is near the University of Toledo Health Campus:

Southside view of the Hilton Hotel:
Old January 7th, 2007, 07:45 PM   #393
Bonjourtoledo

TPS Rebuilding/Construction Project Update

Here are actual photos (1-7-2007) I've taken on the progress of Toledo Public Schools new building construction projects around the city:

Byrnedale Middle School building directly behind the existing junior high on Glendale Avenue west Byrne Road:

Deveaux Middle School building directly behind the existing junior high on Sylvania Avenue west of Douglas Road; this school is right next to the Devaux Shopping Center:

Bowsher High School is building on Detroit Avenue/Arlington next to the University of Toledo Health Campus about 2-3 miles north of the existing high school on Detroit Avenue/Glanzman Road:

Libbey Middle School is building on Nebraska/Junction/Collingwood Streets south of the Gunckel Park:

Robinson Middle School is almost completed which is located west of the existing junior high building located on Monroe/Detroit Streets:
Old January 7th, 2007, 07:52 PM   #394
Bonjourtoledo

TPS Rebuilding/Construction Project Update

Oops...double posts.

Last edited by Bonjourtoledo; January 7th, 2007 at 08:53 PM. Reason: double posts
Old January 7th, 2007, 08:04 PM   #395
Bonjourtoledo

Toledo Hospital Expansion Pictures Update

Here are some photos (taken on 1-7-2007) of the expansion project of Toledo Hospital:

Looking south:

Looking north:

Looking at the new under-constructed main entrance of the hospital:

Former bank building which has been renovated/retrofitted for the relocated Flower Market store which is adjacent to the hospital:

Last edited by Bonjourtoledo; January 7th, 2007 at 08:54 PM.
Old January 7th, 2007, 08:08 PM   #396
Bonjourtoledo

Southwyck Mall Latest Development 1-7-2007

Here is a photo of a new strip mall that was built directly across from the soon-to-be overhauled Southwyck Mall:

The strategy of this developer is to assist any of the shops that leaves the Southwyck Mall prior the demolition. The Southwyck Mall project is on time as it is slated for demolition on parts of the structure this coming March.
Old January 7th, 2007, 08:13 PM   #397
Bonjourtoledo

Deveaux Village Redevelopment Project

The Deveaux Village was a popular shopping center during the 1960-70s which is located on Sylvania Avenue and Douglas Road. The center was bought out by new developers about a year ago and begun renovating the center. They've completed the first of the two phases; while they are searching for new tenants and to renovate the vacant Food Town Plus store (the second phase). They currently have a few stores, 5/3 Bank, and El Camino Real Mexican Restaurant as outlots of the center.

Here are some progress pictures I've taken on 1-7-2007:

Old January 7th, 2007, 08:19 PM   #398
Bonjourtoledo

Adams Street-Uptown District Development News

Here are some photos of some recent changes in the Uptown District area.

The Ottawa Tavern (mentioned in past posts of this thread) has bought this former unique gift store and have begun renovating inside as they installed new windows on the second floor. This will be a welcome addition to many existing restaurants and bars in this district:

The former Toledo Rep annex building is now the relocated Toledo International Boxing Club which was moved from east side of the river to make room for the Marina District; they've cleaned up and renovated the building which looks polished:
Old January 7th, 2007, 08:23 PM   #399
Bonjourtoledo

Monroe/Auburn Neighborhood Redevelopment Project

As many of us call it "urban renewal" which is taking place in central Toledo at the intersections of Monroe and Auburn Streets. At this former McDonald's property which was closed in the early 80s and now it's getting new life with a full service gas store with pizza, coffee, specialty; along with an annex building on the same property for small businesses to lease and open up in the Ottawa neighborhood. IMO this is very good considering private developers are investing in the central area of the city:

Old January 7th, 2007, 08:24 PM   #400
Mudhen419

great update! thanks for the map with the PC marina district location also... I was actually just in that area last night tryin for some walleye with some friends (right at the lilttle plaza in front of the PC fish company....) Bonjour have you heard of the construction projects goin on out at PIB? I work on the docks during the summer an they had a few projects that started in the fall ie: Broadwalk expansion on the upper level, new colonial confrence center, a pirate ship shapped bar, new go cart track, and i think its called the bayshore resort is putting in a new restaurant. Well thanks again!