daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 7th, 2007, 08:31 PM   #401
Bonjourtoledo

Location: Toledo a.k.a. Glass City, Solar City, Jeep City or Mud Hens Town
Likes (Received): 1

Westgate Development Project Update

The Westgate Village is taking some steam as they are about to complete the first of the two phases of reconstructing the popular shopping center in west Toledo on Central Avenue and Secor Road. You can see numerous of past posts with pictures and renderings in this thread in regards to this project's progress:

New Westgate Village gateway sign:

New Rite Aid which will open later this week:

First part of the phase with Chipotle making its debut in Toledo later this month along with Starbucks which is opening at the other end of the strip with a drive-thru:

Here is the last phase of the project which many of the tenants have moved into the new first phase of Westgate or have moved elsewhere up the road in other shopping centers and Westfield Franklin Park. This picture shows what is left of the center infrastructure which will make way for the new Costco department store:

Here is an example of some former Westgate Village tenants that have moved out and moved into a new strip that was constructed on Secor Road in front of the Elder Beerman Department store:

Sponsored Links
Old January 7th, 2007, 08:33 PM   #402
Bonjourtoledo

Starbucks Coffee Development Project

As mentioned before in this thread there is a Starbucks Coffee construction project at the corner of Airport Highway and Reynolds Road which is the second busiest intersection in all of Northwest Ohio region (first picture was taken today by me and the second was posted on The Blade website):

Old January 7th, 2007, 08:35 PM   #403
Bonjourtoledo

Wingate Hotel of Sylvania 1-7-2007

Wingate Hotel opened a few years ago in the heart of Sylvania downtown which is a Toledo suburb in the northwest side; the hotel is an excellent addition to the Sylvania downtown developments:

Old January 7th, 2007, 08:41 PM   #404
Bonjourtoledo

Warehouse District Development Update

Here are a couple of photos (1-7-2007) of some recent changes in the Warehouse District in Toledo which is on the southside of downtown.

A couple of months ago this building was rehabbed and opened up with a new Irish Pub called "The Blarney", they have a great atmosphere inside with details, food, and drinks. On the second floor of this building is now the relocated office of one of our local paper which is the Toledo Free Press:

I mentioned this before in past post of this thread in regards to this progress of the rehabbing/retrofitting the old warehouse into Swan Creek Candles Distribution Center and residential lofts. You can see the far right side of the picture will be the lofts developments and the far left which is painted is the new Swan Creek Candles Distribution. The renovations is still ongoing because in most warehouses development the process takes a little time:
Old January 7th, 2007, 08:47 PM   #405
Bonjourtoledo

University of Toledo Health Campus Development Project

Since the University of Toledo and Medical University of Ohio campuses have merged this past summer. There has been some new developments on the University of Toledo Health Campus (the former MUO campus). You can read previous posts in regards to the University of Toledo news of this thread.

The expansion to the hospital which will be moving and increasing the capacity of the pharmacy school from the main campus of UT. This will involve multi-million dollar investments to the research and expansions of new jobs in the high-tech job market of our region:

On the UT Health Campus there is a huge land that is being developed into a large office park with a park-like setting; there is a new office building that is about to be completed housing an engineering firm that will be expanding with new jobs as well:
Old January 7th, 2007, 08:58 PM   #406
vader

Likes (Received): 0

Couple of questions bonjor,

What happened to Artomatic419, I remember it being some type of artsy place for young people. Did the place tank or did they relocate somewhere else?.I see the boxing club has taking it's place now.

Secondly, what is that project located across the street from the new gas station they are building on Auburn and Monroe..Theres a sign that says somthing like Auburn business district coming soon and theres alot of dirt dug up. Is there a new building going there or is that in reference to the gas station going up?
vader no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2007, 08:58 PM   #407
Bonjourtoledo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudhen419 View Post
great update! thanks for the map with the PC marina district location also... I was actually just in that area last night tryin for some walleye with some friends (right at the lilttle plaza in front of the PC fish company....) Bonjour have you heard of the construction projects goin on out at PIB? I work on the docks during the summer an they had a few projects that started in the fall ie: Broadwalk expansion on the upper level, new colonial confrence center, a pirate ship shapped bar, new go cart track, and i think its called the bayshore resort is putting in a new restaurant. Well thanks again!
You are very welcome. I have not heard or read anything in regards to any projects out in PIB; I will keep my eyes/ears open and post at my earliest convenience.
Old January 7th, 2007, 09:04 PM   #408
Bonjourtoledo

Quote:
Originally Posted by vader View Post
Couple of questions bonjor,

What happened to Artomatic419, I remember it being some type of artsy place for young people. Did the place tank or did they relocate somewhere else?.I see the boxing club has taking it's place now.

Secondly, what is that project located across the street from the new gas station they are building on Auburn and Monroe..Theres a sign that says somthing like Auburn business district coming soon and theres alot of dirt dug up. Is there a new building going there or is that in reference to the gas station going up?
Vader, in my understanding the Artomatic419 will be held every couple of years which they did their first this past September and will not come back until 2008. This building is owned by the Mano's Greek Restaurant and they loaned the building for Artomatic to use for the entire month of September in agreeance of them renovating and cleaning the building at no costs to promote local artists.

That is in reference to the gas station, it's a similar concept to Family Video where they have a building along with annex spaces for other businesses to open up. There will be more developments to my understanding on this corner after this gas station/annex building will be completed.
Old January 7th, 2007, 11:32 PM   #409
StevenW
Born in Baltimore

Likes (Received): 1602

any high-rises proposed or under construction going on in Toledo?
Old January 8th, 2007, 12:26 AM   #410
Bonjourtoledo

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
any high-rises proposed or under construction going on in Toledo?
At this time not that I am aware of, however, if we consider high-rises to be 10+ floors then there is one being proposed but nothing's definite. This photo is the rendering of a mulitple mixed use of a tourist-hotel/condo/retail/boat docking high-rise next to the new I-280 Bridge. A 14-floor high-rise was proposed by a developer about a year ago who is currently seeking additional investments to make this project a reality.

If 5-9 floors, we have one which is in the post such as the Toledo Hospital expansion. With the Marina District I do anticipate some high-rise condominiums to be proposed but it's more of "wait-and-see" because the level of this project is a huge undertaking for the size of our region.

Last edited by Bonjourtoledo; May 26th, 2008 at 10:36 PM.
Bonjourtoledo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2007, 07:34 PM   #411
Mudhen419

Likes (Received): 115

Hey bonjour... or anyone...... have u heard any rumors about Bay Park Community hosptial being expanded? I heard this rumor last year about the same time i heard that walmart in oregon (which is in my back yard) would be made into a super walmart... they're about to start puttin walls up on the expansion of the walmart within the next week or 2.... theres a few other things goin on in Oregon right now.... Speedway on Coy n Navarre EM SMith adn another building will be tore down soon to make way for a new Rite Aide.... why we need another pharmacy on navarre i dont know....... Navarre Plaza the new strip mall in Oregon next to walmart is finally havin business move in... BW3 will be opening up soon hear and i think theres a BP learning center and a check cashing place already in. Pearson Parks expansion is going on now as well...though i dont expect tomuch to be done till spring.... wish i had a digi so i could get some pics for everyone
Mudhen419 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2007, 07:40 PM   #412
Bonjourtoledo

Fifth Third Field Project Developments

Hallelujah! Thank goodness there's a new owner on this piece of property adjacent to the Fifth Third Field. I cannot wait to hear the plans from the new owners once it's revealed. This location is by far the best site anywhere around the baseball stadium. As you've seen previous post about the Irish Pub called The Blarney and the offices of Toledo Free Press. They are right across the street from this property.

Last edited by Bonjourtoledo; May 26th, 2008 at 10:37 PM.
Old January 12th, 2007, 07:46 PM   #413
Bonjourtoledo

Quote:
Hey bonjour... or anyone...... have u heard any rumors about Bay Park Community hosptial being expanded? I heard this rumor last year about the same time i heard that walmart in oregon (which is in my back yard) would be made into a super walmart... they're about to start puttin walls up on the expansion of the walmart within the next week or 2.... theres a few other things goin on in Oregon right now.... Speedway on Coy n Navarre EM SMith adn another building will be tore down soon to make way for a new Rite Aide.... why we need another pharmacy on navarre i dont know....... Navarre Plaza the new strip mall in Oregon next to walmart is finally havin business move in... BW3 will be opening up soon hear and i think theres a BP learning center and a check cashing place already in. Pearson Parks expansion is going on now as well...though i dont expect tomuch to be done till spring.... wish i had a digi so i could get some pics for everyone

I have not heard anything in regards to the Bay Park Community Hospital. Nice to hear about new and existing developments in the Oregon area; I don't travel much in that part of the region unless I go visit my parents out in the sticks. Here's what I know as of now, the U.S. Coking plant will be breaking ground on the Toledo/Oregon border, Menards will be opening a new store on the site in between Brown and Curtice Road, and Mercy Partners (which runs St. Charles and St. V's) bought a huge parcel of land in Rossford near Crossroad Parkway near the proposed site of Bass Pro Shops but haven't revealed any plans.
Old January 12th, 2007, 08:44 PM   #414
DMRyan

Likes (Received): 336

Sounds like things are starting to get fired up in Toledo. Thanks for all the photo updates of the projects large and small.
DMRyan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2007, 09:02 PM   #415
Mudhen419

Likes (Received): 115

Was out in Rossford/Perrysburg yesterday (Buck and LimeCity Rds) got a nice view of the new Penta Vocational School atleast thats what i think it is.. Its huge!!Anyone know when that new nature center on rt 2 near Crane Creek will be open? I have been watchin them build that since summer and looking forward to visiting it sometime soon
Mudhen419 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2007, 02:46 PM   #416
Bonjourtoledo

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMRyan View Post
Sounds like things are starting to get fired up in Toledo. Thanks for all the photo updates of the projects large and small.
I have to agree especially when you put it all on a list and consider how active the Toledo region is. I firmly believe all this ongoing and future developments will pay-off very well for this region due to massive economic cycle that has been milling for the past three decades.
Old January 16th, 2007, 02:50 PM   #417
Bonjourtoledo

Quote:
Was out in Rossford/Perrysburg yesterday (Buck and LimeCity Rds) got a nice view of the new Penta Vocational School atleast thats what i think it is.. Its huge!!Anyone know when that new nature center on rt 2 near Crane Creek will be open? I have been watchin them build that since summer and looking forward to visiting it sometime soon
Yes, it's the new Penta Vocational School and I'm curious if Rossford/Perrysburg Twp. is considering upgrading the Lime City and Buck Road along with turning lanes and traffic lights. It is an upcoming busy road especially since they've upgraded the Buck Road interchange with I-75. The current Penta Vocational School building is located next to the Owens State Community College campus and the vocational school will be selling the building to OCC as they expand their campus to the west. Good to see redevelopments instead of vacancies.
Old January 17th, 2007, 02:46 PM   #418
Bonjourtoledo

Downtown Arena Project Development

Deleted due to Toledo Blade's request.

Old January 17th, 2007, 02:51 PM   #419
Bonjourtoledo

Old January 18th, 2007, 03:00 PM   #420
Bonjourtoledo

Holy Wi-Toledo!