daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 22nd, 2007, 04:45 PM   #581
Bonjourtoledo

Location: Toledo a.k.a. Glass City, Solar City, Jeep City or Mud Hens Town
Likes (Received): 1

GM Powertrain Second Expansion 5-22-2007

Deleted due to Toledo Blade's request.

Last edited by Bonjourtoledo; May 26th, 2008 at 10:59 PM.
Bonjourtoledo no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 22nd, 2007, 04:46 PM   #582
Bonjourtoledo

Southwyck Redevelopment News Update

Old May 22nd, 2007, 04:47 PM   #583
Bonjourtoledo

GM Powertrain Second Expansion FOLLOW-UP

Old May 22nd, 2007, 05:01 PM   #584
Bonjourtoledo

St. V's Heart Center Update

Old May 25th, 2007, 01:52 PM   #585
Bonjourtoledo

Veterans' Glass City Skyway (I-280) Update 5/24/07

We're almost here! With less than a month a way before we all can drive on this new glorious bridge (I-280) and what a wonderful bright lights coming from the main pillar of the bridge. You can see previous posts in this thread of the entire process for this construction project from the start to finish.

Credit to WTOL Channel 11 for the pictures of last night's gala:

Last edited by Bonjourtoledo; May 26th, 2008 at 11:00 PM.
Old May 25th, 2007, 08:11 PM   #586
Mudhen419

Likes (Received): 115

I drove by last night just before dark..... Lots of people everywhere down by the river.....But the thing that caught my eye the most was.... BOATS DOCKED IN THE NEW MARINA!!!! now was this just temporary for the bridge celebration or are the boats in there for the season now??
Mudhen419 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 26th, 2007, 05:26 AM   #587
b1gh0u5e

Likes (Received): 0

I thought I read something in the Blade that said the new marina would be free thru this weekend. Also, I think it is supposed to have more berths added to what is currently down there.

Exciting to see this bridge project finally concluding! I have been driving downtown to check it out about once every two weeks since it began and it was an interesting project to watch develop. Can't wait for the old I-280 to be ripped out and all of the "green" features put in its place. I think you will see some major development along the 280 corridor over the next ten years.
b1gh0u5e no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 30th, 2007, 04:16 PM   #588
Bonjourtoledo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudhen419 View Post
I drove by last night just before dark..... Lots of people everywhere down by the river.....But the thing that caught my eye the most was.... BOATS DOCKED IN THE NEW MARINA!!!! now was this just temporary for the bridge celebration or are the boats in there for the season now??
This a new addition of the boat slips for the boating season along the Maumee River. It will soon have a new Ferry Terminal which cruise lines and ferries will be making a port-a-call stop.
Old May 30th, 2007, 04:18 PM   #589
Bonjourtoledo

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1gh0u5e View Post
I thought I read something in the Blade that said the new marina would be free thru this weekend. Also, I think it is supposed to have more berths added to what is currently down there.

Exciting to see this bridge project finally concluding! I have been driving downtown to check it out about once every two weeks since it began and it was an interesting project to watch develop. Can't wait for the old I-280 to be ripped out and all of the "green" features put in its place. I think you will see some major development along the 280 corridor over the next ten years.
The big Governor's speech, a la important people speaking and masses of people will be on the bridge to partake the scenes on June 24th which is kinda like a red-ribbon cutting day. The actual driving over the bridge will be in the later afternoon on June 24th.
Old May 30th, 2007, 04:21 PM   #590
Bonjourtoledo

Shops at Fallen Timbers Update 5-30-2007

With the grand opening of Shops at Fallen Timbers coming up later this year (October 2007), I've stumbled on some rendering pictures of the new open-air mall that is being built in the southwestern suburb of Toledo called Maumee. You can see previous posts in this thread of the construction progress pictures as well.

Give credit to the General Growth Partnerships for the pictures from their site:

Old June 3rd, 2007, 07:03 AM   #591
ddp

Is this the new arena?!!

Not sure is this is an "Oops. Wasn't supposed to post those yet" moment, but this 3D rendering company out of Texas must be doing work for Lathrop (arena construction company, located in Maumee--division of Turner Construction).

http://www.designvizgroup.com/index.html

There are still images and an animated quasi-fly-through QuickTime movie showing how the arena will be built. It's hard to see any details, excpet that the outside skin looks to be red brick, not unlike Fifth Third Field (which makes some sense, since HNTB is the architect of record for the new arena, and also did the baseball field). There also appears to be one facade completely drapped in glass. I heard rumors about such an idea months ago--again, makes sense, seeing we're the Glass City, and the Glass Museum just opened to such fanfare. I'm not sure of the boxey shape overall, but hopefully the final design will be elegant and modern, just like Fifth Third. And if HNTB is consistent, the details will be there. I haven't seen a public facility like Fifth Third executed so well in years--such attention to the minute details: like the manhole covers and the sculptures, not to mention the beautiful hanging white cylindrical lamp-shaded lights that run along the top cantilevered roof line.

Anyway, anybody have any clue about what these images are? Is this the design?
ddp no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2007, 11:18 PM   #592
Bonjourtoledo

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddp View Post
Not sure is this is an "Oops. Wasn't supposed to post those yet" moment, but this 3D rendering company out of Texas must be doing work for Lathrop (arena construction company, located in Maumee--division of Turner Construction).

http://www.designvizgroup.com/index.html

There are still images and an animated quasi-fly-through QuickTime movie showing how the arena will be built. It's hard to see any details, excpet that the outside skin looks to be red brick, not unlike Fifth Third Field (which makes some sense, since HNTB is the architect of record for the new arena, and also did the baseball field). There also appears to be one facade completely drapped in glass. I heard rumors about such an idea months ago--again, makes sense, seeing we're the Glass City, and the Glass Museum just opened to such fanfare. I'm not sure of the boxey shape overall, but hopefully the final design will be elegant and modern, just like Fifth Third. And if HNTB is consistent, the details will be there. I haven't seen a public facility like Fifth Third executed so well in years--such attention to the minute details: like the manhole covers and the sculptures, not to mention the beautiful hanging white cylindrical lamp-shaded lights that run along the top cantilevered roof line.

Anyway, anybody have any clue about what these images are? Is this the design?

Yes, these are the images of the new proposed downtown arena. It is to be a "green" or you could call it environmental-friendly facility. I heard through the grapevine that they will incorporate as much glass as possible to represent the reputation of Toledo and the region.

Plans of sculptures, outdoor walk-ways, underground walk-ways, skywalk, manholes, transit station will all be incorporated into the project as we type.
Old June 5th, 2007, 02:00 PM   #593
Bonjourtoledo

Shops at Fallen Timbers Update 6-5-2007

Last edited by Bonjourtoledo; May 26th, 2008 at 11:01 PM.
Old June 5th, 2007, 02:02 PM   #594
Bonjourtoledo

Southwyck Mall Update 6-5-2007

Last edited by Bonjourtoledo; May 26th, 2008 at 11:02 PM.
Old June 5th, 2007, 02:03 PM   #595
Bonjourtoledo

Downtown Arena Update 6-5-2007

Old June 5th, 2007, 02:05 PM   #596
Bonjourtoledo

UT Health Science Campus Expansion 6-5-2007

Old June 5th, 2007, 02:07 PM   #597
Bonjourtoledo

U.S. Coking Plan Update 6-5-2007

Last edited by Bonjourtoledo; May 26th, 2008 at 11:03 PM.
Old June 6th, 2007, 09:37 PM   #598
Mudhen419

Likes (Received): 115

Nice updates and finds everyone..... Anyone have anything more on this proposed light rail system toledo is looking at? There was an article in the paper about it a week or so ago but i really didnt get to read all of it.... On another note a few buildings in oregon have been cleared away to make room for the new rite aid on navarre. The Speedway gas station on Navarre aand Coy has been raised along with the old EM Smith buidling next door and another building behind the gas station that used to have a once upon a child sort of store. Oregon has also made the intersection of Wheeling and Starr more attractive looking with new decorative traffic light posts brick crosswalks and new light posts that match with the traffic light posts. One more thing.....The Sterling Store at the corner of Wheeling an Starr is being changed into a Circle K..... are all sterlings doing this??
Mudhen419 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2007, 10:41 PM   #599
Bonjourtoledo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudhen419 View Post
Nice updates and finds everyone..... Anyone have anything more on this proposed light rail system toledo is looking at? There was an article in the paper about it a week or so ago but i really didnt get to read all of it.... On another note a few buildings in oregon have been cleared away to make room for the new rite aid on navarre. The Speedway gas station on Navarre aand Coy has been raised along with the old EM Smith buidling next door and another building behind the gas station that used to have a once upon a child sort of store. Oregon has also made the intersection of Wheeling and Starr more attractive looking with new decorative traffic light posts brick crosswalks and new light posts that match with the traffic light posts. One more thing.....The Sterling Store at the corner of Wheeling an Starr is being changed into a Circle K..... are all sterlings doing this??

Here is the link to the Regional Core Circulator Study that indicates the possible light rail/trolley/monorail-like project for the Toledo region: http://tmacog.org/Transportation/Reg...ator_study.htm

Sterling has been company-wide bought out by another company a few months back. That's nice to hear about Oregon, but how about getting a downtown first? It's ridiculous to have a senior citizen center up at the bay and the city hall in the middle of nowhere when most of the population is long the border of City of Toledo. By not having a downtown of some sort, doesn't really give an identity to Oregon except for the retail-commercial littered corridor called Navarre Avenue.
Old June 6th, 2007, 11:11 PM   #600
Pilliod Njaim

Likes (Received): 2

^I agree. Oregon needs a downtown, and needs one bad.
Pilliod Njaim no está en línea   Reply With Quote