daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 9th, 2007, 03:13 PM   #661
Bonjourtoledo

Location: Toledo a.k.a. Glass City, Solar City, Jeep City or Mud Hens Town
Likes (Received): 1

One Seagate Tower News Update 7-9-2007

Deleted due to Toledo Blade's request.

Last edited by Bonjourtoledo; May 26th, 2008 at 11:11 PM.
Bonjourtoledo no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 9th, 2007, 03:19 PM   #662
Bonjourtoledo

Downtown Arena Development News 7-9-2007

Today's the first day of the arena construction, Superior Street in between Madison and Jefferson will officially close and the Toledo Area Regional Transit Authority will move their southern designated bus loop from Jefferson to Monroe Street until the completion of the arena project. Boy oh boy, I can see the congestion now with Jefferson being limited street and portion of Superior Street being closed, it will be quite interesting for the next two years.

News bit from TARTA:
Downtown TARTA bus loop making way for arena project.
Jefferson Ave. closed to buses, new stop on Monroe as of Monday

Due to progress on the downtown arena project, Jefferson Ave. will be closed to TARTA buses and have limited access beginning Monday, July 9, 2007. Therefore, the Perry Station bus stop will be closed and the TARTA bus loop will be extended to Monroe Street until further notice.

As of Monday, July 9, a new bus stop will be available on Monroe Street between Superior and Huron Streets (across from the third base TARTA bus station at Fifth Third Field).

When post-game fireworks at Fifth Third Field, Monroe is closed to bus service and Washington St. will be used. There will be no bus stop service on Washington between Summit and Erie during the fireworks.

Old July 10th, 2007, 09:40 PM   #663
BGFalcon

Likes (Received): 0

Bass Pro

Has any major work started at the Bass Pro Shops site?
BGFalcon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 10th, 2007, 09:49 PM   #664
ddp

Quote:
Originally Posted by BGFalcon View Post
Has any major work started at the Bass Pro Shops site?
No, and I'm wondering why.

I've driven by the open land a few times in the past month (the one with the ratty old 18-wheeler trailer holding the aging sign) and can't figure out what the hold-up is. But, then my mind quickly concludes that Bass Pro is probably lining up other retailers to begin the building around them at the same time. Just a theory, no hard proof, other than the fact that Bass Pro bought the land for "X" dollars and then quickly sold off the land they didn't need for the store (at a handsome profit, I might add). Brilliant real-estate-game-playing.
ddp no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 11th, 2007, 07:44 AM   #665
Mudhen419

Likes (Received): 115

i drove by the bass pro site a few times last week while goin fishin out off jerome rd..... looked to me like they were movin dirt and installing sewer an water lines. i could be wrong though. does anyone know the exact location where the bass pro will be?
Mudhen419 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2007, 02:04 PM   #666
Bonjourtoledo

Carlton Apartments Hotel Redevelopment

Last edited by Bonjourtoledo; May 26th, 2008 at 11:12 PM.
Old July 12th, 2007, 02:07 PM   #667
Bonjourtoledo

Bass Pro Shops Development Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddp View Post
No, and I'm wondering why.

I've driven by the open land a few times in the past month (the one with the ratty old 18-wheeler trailer holding the aging sign) and can't figure out what the hold-up is. But, then my mind quickly concludes that Bass Pro is probably lining up other retailers to begin the building around them at the same time. Just a theory, no hard proof, other than the fact that Bass Pro bought the land for "X" dollars and then quickly sold off the land they didn't need for the store (at a handsome profit, I might add). Brilliant real-estate-game-playing.
Bass Pro Shops has been posted and discussed in prior posts of this thread and as of right now according to WTVG ABC 13 News, Bass Pro Shops are flying the dirt. Here is the news story from their site:

July 11, 2007 - One of the biggest developments in Wood County history has taken a major step forward, and it means a lot of new jobs for local workers. The new store should be open late spring or early summer of next year.

One of the biggest developments in Wood County history has taken a major step forward, and it means a lot of new jobs for local workers. This is an update on the $50-million Bass Pro project in Rossford. Right now, a small crew is on the job, but in the coming months, there could be more than 1,000 construction jobs in and around this site.

Brian McMahon has been working for more than a decade to have the land near I-75 and the turnpike developed into a major retail center.
"Today is the first day I have seen the work at the site, since I have been out of town. It is a significant event in the development business to go from concept to the moving of dirt."

The pad that outlines the store is already in place, and while we were on site today, crews were working on the lake.

Restaurants, hotels and other retail stores have already signed on to do business in the crossroads. McMahon says the construction crews working at the site should encourage others to sign on.

"They don't want to spend money on things like feasibility and traffic studies until they see some action at the main site. So this is a major event for our ability to bring other people to the area."

Each Bass Pro store is designed to highlight the region, and company leaders are already studying the history of northwest Ohio.

"Bass Pro will send a team of people who will start doing research to add local flavor to the store, but that is still preliminary no final decisions have been made."

McMahon also points out that Bass Pro has hired a number of local design and construction firms to work on the project. The new store should be open late spring or early summer of next year.
Old July 12th, 2007, 02:09 PM   #668
Bonjourtoledo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudhen419 View Post
i drove by the bass pro site a few times last week while goin fishin out off jerome rd..... looked to me like they were movin dirt and installing sewer an water lines. i could be wrong though. does anyone know the exact location where the bass pro will be?
If you are in the Jerome Road area it is the Shops at Fallen Timbers with JC Penney and Dillard's and it's located in Maumee. Bass Pro Shops is located on Simmons Road near S.R. 795, I-75, 80 and 90 within the city of Rossford.
Old July 12th, 2007, 10:47 PM   #669
Mudhen419

Likes (Received): 115

no no i was on my way out to jerome rd via 75 to 475.... I know where TSAFT is..... and i know Bass pro is in the crossroads. I was jw if u will be able to see it from 75 or if its gonna be in another area of the crossroads..... i dont get off 75 much in that area now..... sure that willl change when bass pro is built
Mudhen419 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 16th, 2007, 01:57 PM   #670
Bonjourtoledo

Downtown Arena Development Update

Last edited by Bonjourtoledo; May 26th, 2008 at 11:12 PM.
Old July 16th, 2007, 07:03 PM   #671
haldcottingham
SoCal Hal

Location: Atlanta(via Mobile, Philadelphia, Detroit, Norfolk, Charleston, Toledo and San Diego)
Likes (Received): 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonjourtoledo View Post
Downtown arena to focus on green
Commissioners see energy savings need

"We're going to go with it as far as we can," Mr. Hom said. "We have to leave this planet better than we found it."

Found it? I would have to argue that we created this mess!

But this is a good article and I can appreciate the city of Toledo doing their part to conserve and make the arena more eco-friendly.
Would you like that in the can?
No, I'll have it right here.

http://www.haldcottingham.blogspot.com
haldcottingham no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 18th, 2007, 03:11 PM   #672
Bonjourtoledo

Quote:
Originally Posted by haldcottingham View Post
Found it? I would have to argue that we created this mess!

But this is a good article and I can appreciate the city of Toledo doing their part to conserve and make the arena more eco-friendly.
Not only the city but county as well.
Old July 18th, 2007, 03:16 PM   #673
Bonjourtoledo

Toledo Economic Plan News 7-18-2007

Last edited by Bonjourtoledo; May 26th, 2008 at 11:13 PM.
Old July 18th, 2007, 06:17 PM   #674
haldcottingham
SoCal Hal

Location: Atlanta(via Mobile, Philadelphia, Detroit, Norfolk, Charleston, Toledo and San Diego)
Likes (Received): 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonjourtoledo View Post
Not only the city but county as well.
Agreed!
Would you like that in the can?
No, I'll have it right here.

http://www.haldcottingham.blogspot.com
haldcottingham no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 19th, 2007, 02:41 AM   #675
ddp

New outdoor lifestyle center in Perrysburg

Surprised no one has mentioned this one yet... Perrysburg Point. Direct competition for Levis Commons, although it's a bit smaller in Phase 1 & 2 and there's no word what retail is leasing space. Should be interesting to watch this and Levis Commons duke it out for shoppers. Hmmm, farm land is disappearing to retail development in these parts like wildfire these days.

• Approximately 200,000 square feet of quality retail with a specific architectural style, landscaping and attention to detail.
  • Strategically located at the Northeast Quadrant of Interstate 475 and State Route 25, just west of Interstate 75
  • Located diagonally across the highway from Levis Commons, Toledo's first lifestyle center.

Here's the developers web site development page: http://www.visconsi.com/dev_property_details.asp?id=37

Here's the article from the Perrysburg Messenger Journal...

Retail center proposed for former 'horse farm' property
Preliminary site plan approved for corner of SR 25/Eckel Jct.
By Deb Buker
Plans for the former horse farm property, located on the southeast corner of State Route 25 and Eckel Junction Road, show a 200,000-square-foot multi-phased retail center with an additional five outlots.
The proposed plan by owner/developer Visconsi Companies, Ltd. encompasses 30 acres and is considered to be within the central commercial "hub" of the city. Directly south of the property is the SR 25/I-475/US 23 interchange.
At a recent meeting of the Perrysburg Planning Commission, members approved the preliminary site plan for the proposed development slated as Perrysburg Point.

The preliminary site plan development [see drawing] shows two phases with outlots as follows:
Phase 1
·Retail A 31,000 square feet
·Sublet A 13,200 square feet
·327 parking spaces
·Associated truck loading/unloading area
·Access to and from Eckel Junction Road and SR 25
Phase 2
·Retail B 81,000 square feet
·Retail C 31,600 square feet
·Retail D 27,500 square feet
·623 parking spaces
·Associated truck loading/unloading areas
Outlots
·Number 1 1.20 plus acres
·Number 2 1.43 plus acres
·Number 3 1.38 plus acres
·Number 4 1.01 plus acres
·Number 5 2.20 plus acres

Because of the significant potential impact on traffic, the infrastructure and demands for public services, Visconsi Companies is required to provide an impact assessment prior to the submission of the final site plan review.
The site plan proposes two direct access drives from the property one to SR 25, Dixie Highway and one to Eckel Junction.
Old July 19th, 2007, 03:26 AM   #676
Bonjourtoledo

Retail Developments Insight 7-18-2007

Whoa! Thanks for the post on this development, I don't read the actual Messenger Journal paper since their online site is very amateurish with lack of substance news posting. I'm actually surprised that there will be another lifestyle development where the horse farm is, I knew someone had bought it but didn't know what it will become. Across the street (the Northwest quadarant of I-475/25) will the be Taylor Hyundai dealership; however, I hope there is enough demand to support another lifestyle a la' mall that they are proposing because Shops at Fallen Timbers is just across the river which will cater to the middle class consumers. This is really going to be a war of competing retail businesses in the southern metro area with retail around Bass Pro Shops in Rossford, retail along U.S. Route 20, Levis Commons, Woodland Mall in BG, and Shops at Fallen Timbers in Maumee.

It would make a huge sense if this development company build the lifestyle mall in the Sylvania/Ottawa Hills area because there is a huge demand for it especially with the population and income. The population is 60,000 which is much higher than Perrysburg area of 30,000. We all know that the Westfield Franklin Park dominates the "regional #1 mall" title and Westgate will resurge with Costco opening in August of this year.

I wish all the luck to this development company because Levis Commons is on their second expansion, Fallen Timbers is opening on October 3rd, and Bass Pro Shops will debut next fall. Let the competition begin!
Old July 19th, 2007, 04:58 PM   #677
ddp

Architectural firm Larry Dillin has engaged for recent projects

Here's a link to MBH Architects, out of Alameda, CA. that I stumbled upon. Larry Dillin has used them for all of his recent, ongoing projects in our area: http://www.mbharch.com/portfolio/portfolio.htm

This firm has designed Levis Commons (Phase I and II), and The Village at Southwyck for Dillin (the projects are scattered across the company's portfolio, under different categories, most in "In Development").

I wonder if they're responsible for the Marina District drawings as well. It would make sense, since they do a large amount of coastline/waterfront property and lifestyle/mixed-use development.
Old July 19th, 2007, 08:14 PM   #678
BGFalcon

Likes (Received): 0

Bass Pro

Bass Pro Shops has announced that they will break ground in Rossford on Aug. 22.

http://www.wtol.com/global/story.asp?s=6812715
BGFalcon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 24th, 2007, 08:37 PM   #679
Bonjourtoledo

FedEx Expansion Development

This news has begun last Thursday when Toledo mayor went off the handle finding out that we have people in our region that are willing to steal jobs within the same region. The township trustee Robert Mack of Perrysburg is the realtor representative of FedEx when they were working on expansion within the city of Toledo, and now the potential site is no other than a site in Perrysburg Township???!!!! FOUL! FOUL on Wood County and Perrysburg Township for pirating within the region! Shame on them for being crooked and not working together for regional economy to lure jobs from outside of the region. I am siding with the mayor and I totally empathized his anger at the Wood County fools for being somewhat underhanded.

Last edited by Bonjourtoledo; May 26th, 2008 at 11:14 PM.
Old July 24th, 2007, 08:38 PM   #680
Bonjourtoledo

Alernative Energy at local National Guard Bases

Last edited by Bonjourtoledo; May 26th, 2008 at 11:14 PM.