daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old October 11th, 2007, 09:14 PM   #921
Pilliod Njaim
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 947
Likes (Received): 2

^totally badass.
Pilliod Njaim no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 11th, 2007, 10:24 PM   #922
Bonjourtoledo
Registered User
 
Bonjourtoledo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Toledo a.k.a. Glass City, Solar City, Jeep City or Mud Hens Town
Posts: 2,734
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilliod Njaim View Post
^totally badass.
There's more.
__________________
"HOLY TOLEDO!!!"
Bonjourtoledo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2007, 10:25 PM   #923
Bonjourtoledo
Registered User
 
Bonjourtoledo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Toledo a.k.a. Glass City, Solar City, Jeep City or Mud Hens Town
Posts: 2,734
Likes (Received): 1

Marina District Development Update

A close up of the rendering of the Marina District:

__________________
"HOLY TOLEDO!!!"

Last edited by Bonjourtoledo; May 27th, 2008 at 12:13 AM.
Bonjourtoledo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2007, 10:38 PM   #924
cjfjapan
Registered User
 
cjfjapan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,259
Likes (Received): 131

Very nice - and only $125K for a "purchased building"? Does that mean a townhouse? Quite a bargain if true...
cjfjapan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2007, 11:30 PM   #925
nickw311
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 156
Likes (Received): 1

Looks very exciting, I wish it was more vertical though.
nickw311 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2007, 11:33 PM   #926
rustbeltrevival
Registered User
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 49
Likes (Received): 0

Marina District

These renderings look fantastic! Investors seem to finally be acting on Toledo's potential. At first glance this seems to be pretty genuinely "new urban," too. And a relatively quick walk to work for those who work downtown.

I'm also curious about what's being put together on Bancroft next to Maxwell's, as another poster noted. It seems that they're adding another story to the building, or possibly a second story deck, but no clue as to what's going in. Would love to hear more if anyone finds anything out.
rustbeltrevival no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2007, 11:37 PM   #927
nickw311
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 156
Likes (Received): 1

While on the topic of new residential developments down town, does anyone know what is going on with the Water Street lawsuit? Are things going well for the development?
nickw311 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2007, 12:06 AM   #928
Bonjourtoledo
Registered User
 
Bonjourtoledo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Toledo a.k.a. Glass City, Solar City, Jeep City or Mud Hens Town
Posts: 2,734
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickw311 View Post
While on the topic of new residential developments down town, does anyone know what is going on with the Water Street lawsuit? Are things going well for the development?
"Grandstanding" is the simple word for that situation. It was a matter of further approval from historic board and paperwork in need to speed up at the State Historic Preservation bureau to release the historic grant monies. It is a very fickle situation since the building is declared as historic which has a lot of red-tape and by using the lawsuit is a common tactic to speed things up down in Columbus. At this point, the project is still on track with the redevelopment starting next spring.
__________________
"HOLY TOLEDO!!!"
Bonjourtoledo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2007, 12:09 AM   #929
Bonjourtoledo
Registered User
 
Bonjourtoledo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Toledo a.k.a. Glass City, Solar City, Jeep City or Mud Hens Town
Posts: 2,734
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickw311 View Post
Looks very exciting, I wish it was more vertical though.
I think it is not more vertical because of the Acme Plant, new ferry terminal, and Brenner Marina is in the way. They want to use those land area for commercial and retail developments which will surround the housing developments. Hopefully we will get more specific details in tomorrow's edition.
__________________
"HOLY TOLEDO!!!"
Bonjourtoledo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2007, 12:10 AM   #930
Bonjourtoledo
Registered User
 
Bonjourtoledo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Toledo a.k.a. Glass City, Solar City, Jeep City or Mud Hens Town
Posts: 2,734
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustbeltrevival View Post
These renderings look fantastic! Investors seem to finally be acting on Toledo's potential. At first glance this seems to be pretty genuinely "new urban," too. And a relatively quick walk to work for those who work downtown.

I'm also curious about what's being put together on Bancroft next to Maxwell's, as another poster noted. It seems that they're adding another story to the building, or possibly a second story deck, but no clue as to what's going in. Would love to hear more if anyone finds anything out.
Thanks for the update on that mysterious project on Bancroft (lol), keep us updated as time goes by because I'm usually not in that part of town very often.
__________________
"HOLY TOLEDO!!!"
Bonjourtoledo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2007, 12:12 AM   #931
Bonjourtoledo
Registered User
 
Bonjourtoledo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Toledo a.k.a. Glass City, Solar City, Jeep City or Mud Hens Town
Posts: 2,734
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjfjapan View Post
Very nice - and only $125K for a "purchased building"? Does that mean a townhouse? Quite a bargain if true...
This could perhaps be for studio-like townhouses or condos. If this is true, it would be very attractive for single individuals.
__________________
"HOLY TOLEDO!!!"
Bonjourtoledo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2007, 12:25 AM   #932
Mudhen419
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Toledo, Ohio
Posts: 3,570
Likes (Received): 115

Hmm I figured they would have said something about the cruise ship terminal today.... My dad told me its pretty much done ( He works for the edison as a meter mechanic) Hopefully he will get the east side route again next year so he can work on the bulk of the marina district project. One more thing..... Does anyone know what there doing with the building thats downtown with the guitar painted on the side? I wanna say its on the south east side of the Arena. Are they tearing it down? Does this building still have tennants? what was it originally used for??
Mudhen419 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2007, 02:30 AM   #933
Bonjourtoledo
Registered User
 
Bonjourtoledo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Toledo a.k.a. Glass City, Solar City, Jeep City or Mud Hens Town
Posts: 2,734
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudhen419 View Post
Hmm I figured they would have said something about the cruise ship terminal today.... My dad told me its pretty much done ( He works for the edison as a meter mechanic) Hopefully he will get the east side route again next year so he can work on the bulk of the marina district project. One more thing..... Does anyone know what there doing with the building thats downtown with the guitar painted on the side? I wanna say its on the south east side of the Arena. Are they tearing it down? Does this building still have tennants? what was it originally used for??
Cruise ship (ferry) terminal will not be inaugurated until next spring as they are lining up some ferry operators to begin a line service to either Windsor, Cedar Point/Sandusky or the Erie Islands.

The building with the huge guitar on the side is not going anywhere, it will stay put as it will be part of the new plaza of the downtown arena along with Key Bank building and some law office building that used to be facing the now vacant Superior Street. In terms of who's who the tenant in the Guitar building, it is a high-end jewelry store that has been there forever since the early 1900s. I cannot think of the name of the store right now.
__________________
"HOLY TOLEDO!!!"
Bonjourtoledo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2007, 01:37 PM   #934
Bonjourtoledo
Registered User
 
Bonjourtoledo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Toledo a.k.a. Glass City, Solar City, Jeep City or Mud Hens Town
Posts: 2,734
Likes (Received): 1

Marina District Development Update

Deleted due to Toledo Blade's request.
__________________
"HOLY TOLEDO!!!"

Last edited by Bonjourtoledo; May 27th, 2008 at 12:13 AM.
Bonjourtoledo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2007, 03:33 PM   #935
Mudhen419
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Toledo, Ohio
Posts: 3,570
Likes (Received): 115

Thanks for the info on the building bonjour. Im glad to hear its staying I think it definatly fits in with this arts plaza i keep hearing about.maybe they can clean the facades of this building up like what was done to the building that the swamp shop is in at 5th 3rd.

And also..... These new plans for the marina district. I'd like to hear what everyone thinks. Is 700 housing units to much? I know this is really only residential part of the marina district but it looks like its taking up more than 21 acres to me.

One more thing... Was out in rossford today drivin down dixie hwyand i saw that they have the area pretty much bounded by 75 and pilkington cleared. Well almost cleared. I remember hearing about some development going back there a while back but don;t remember many of the details. Asked pops and he said he probly wont know anything till the time comes for him to mess with the power meters....
Mudhen419 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2007, 04:16 PM   #936
Bonjourtoledo
Registered User
 
Bonjourtoledo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Toledo a.k.a. Glass City, Solar City, Jeep City or Mud Hens Town
Posts: 2,734
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudhen419 View Post
Thanks for the info on the building bonjour. Im glad to hear its staying I think it definatly fits in with this arts plaza i keep hearing about.maybe they can clean the facades of this building up like what was done to the building that the swamp shop is in at 5th 3rd.

And also..... These new plans for the marina district. I'd like to hear what everyone thinks. Is 700 housing units to much? I know this is really only residential part of the marina district but it looks like its taking up more than 21 acres to me.

One more thing... Was out in rossford today drivin down dixie hwyand i saw that they have the area pretty much bounded by 75 and pilkington cleared. Well almost cleared. I remember hearing about some development going back there a while back but don;t remember many of the details. Asked pops and he said he probly wont know anything till the time comes for him to mess with the power meters....

In my opinion, I don't think 700 is too much because the more available market-rate residential the better. The downtown area needs more of market-rate development due to a lot of existing built-up areas with limited open space for new developmental opportunities. This is why Marina District is so attractive along with connecting to the International Park, view and access of the river, proximity to downtown, etc, etc. The high number of houses to be built will enable mall-like retail and commercial businesses to come into the central city to cater the disposable income groups.

The land off of the Miami Street exit from I-75 nearby Rossford is another riverfront project that is spearheaded by Fifth Third Bank and the LOF company which will consists of market-rate residential and commercial developments.
__________________
"HOLY TOLEDO!!!"
Bonjourtoledo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2007, 05:00 PM   #937
Bonjourtoledo
Registered User
 
Bonjourtoledo's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Toledo a.k.a. Glass City, Solar City, Jeep City or Mud Hens Town
Posts: 2,734
Likes (Received): 1

FedEx Expansion Development Update

Deleted due to Toledo Blade's request.
__________________
"HOLY TOLEDO!!!"

Last edited by Bonjourtoledo; May 27th, 2008 at 12:13 AM.
Bonjourtoledo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 15th, 2007, 05:20 PM   #938
nickw311
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 156
Likes (Received): 1

University Area Development

redacted
nickw311 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2007, 07:05 PM   #939
b1gh0u5e
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 82
Likes (Received): 0

Who exactly are these 700 residents with disposable income that will WANT to live in this Marina District??? Poor schools, an inept city government, all surrounded by the crap on the East side...what is the attraction???
b1gh0u5e no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 16th, 2007, 07:13 PM   #940
nickw311
Registered User
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 156
Likes (Received): 1

I somewhat agree, 700 seems high to me but then again I am not an urban designer.

As far as the school system, I doubt if these people will have kids. I think it will be more of an older crowd whose kids are grown, and/or a younger crowd who has not had kids yet.

If the marina district does well I think it will be good for the TPS because of the tax dollars brought into the city and the presumably high income residents.
nickw311 no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 11:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu