daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 1st, 2005, 02:54 AM   #1
londonindyboy
CrAzY FrOg

Likes (Received): 6

SD TOWER MUMBAI (INDIA)

Height (struct.) 210 m 689 ft
Floors 60
RESIDENTIAL TOWER

AND HERE ARE SOME PIC OF UNDER CONSTRUCTION

[/

londonindyboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 1st, 2005, 07:06 AM   #2
Naga_Solidus

Likes (Received): 3

FACT: This tower was designed by Hafiz Contractor. It also should hopefully cause a halo effect on high-rise construction in Mumbai so as to pave the way for some stuff in the range of 200-360m or so.
Old August 1st, 2005, 06:02 PM   #3
NewYork-wala
BANNED

Likes (Received): 96

Nice!
NewYork-wala no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2005, 06:10 PM   #4
Jai
ॐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः

Location: Haleiwa, Oahu, HI :. Waianae, Oahu, HI :. DETROIT, MI
Likes (Received): 79

This building has been posted here before...

Also the 2nd rendering is the old rendering. The 1st one is the latest
Jai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2005, 07:21 PM   #5
BMXican

Likes (Received): 5

Imo the reflective glass is looking cheap. impressive height though.
BMXican no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2005, 08:32 PM   #6
londonindyboy
CrAzY FrOg

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMXican
Imo the reflective glass is looking cheap. impressive height though.
HOW CAN YOU SAY THAT AFTER ITS NOT EVEN COMPLETED. ITS CURRENTLY U/C.
Old August 1st, 2005, 10:34 PM   #7
Phobos

I like it a lot.This is a good project for India!
Old August 1st, 2005, 11:07 PM   #8
Effer
E Pluribus Unum

Likes (Received): 226

When is it expected to be completed?
Effer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2005, 06:27 AM   #9
Naga_Solidus

Quote:
Originally Posted by effer
When is it expected to be completed?
late 05
Old August 2nd, 2005, 01:49 PM   #10
londonindyboy
CrAzY FrOg

thats good i thought it was going to take another 1 years or so.
Old August 2nd, 2005, 09:01 PM   #11
ab041937
Learning Enthusiast

Likes (Received): 4

The design really looks exotic. I could suggest demolishing those ghetto buildings surrounding it & make roads wider to accomodate the traffic which is certainly going to increase once these towers are occupied. But if only some1 was there to listen to me. I read some posts mentioning about a 100f tower coming up in Mumbai. Can any1 fill me up about it? Can some1 post some renderings of the tower?
"If I were to look over the whole world to find out a country most richly endowed with all the wealth, power and beauty that nature can bestow – in some part a very paradise on earth – I should point to India."

"There is no book in the world that is so thrilling, stirring and inspiring as the Upanishads." (‘Sacred Books of the East’)

- Max Muller, German Scholar
ab041937 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 2nd, 2005, 10:15 PM   #12
Naga_Solidus

the rumored 100f tower in mumbai is just that-speculation based on superficial evidence, nobody knows anythign about it, not even emporis.
Old August 2nd, 2005, 10:28 PM   #13
Effer
E Pluribus Unum

Likes (Received): 226

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab041937
The design really looks exotic. I could suggest demolishing those ghetto buildings surrounding it & make roads wider to accomodate the traffic which is certainly going to increase once these towers are occupied. But if only some1 was there to listen to me. I read some posts mentioning about a 100f tower coming up in Mumbai. Can any1 fill me up about it? Can some1 post some renderings of the tower?
I think you might be talking about the WTC in Mumbai.
Effer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2005, 12:34 AM   #14
Jai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naga_Solidus
the rumored 100f tower in mumbai is just that-speculation based on superficial evidence, nobody knows anythign about it, not even emporis.
Well, at least in the India case, Emporis only seems to know what SSC India members tell them

Right now the 110-floor WTC is still a proposal. People have confirmed its existance as a proposal in news reports, and supposedly some former mill land is bought for this purpose (one report even said work on the foundation has started), but I wouldn't expect it or towers of this size to be formally announced and really go underway in construction for 5-6 more years at the very least, until basic infrastructure is laid down that would support such a tower
Old August 3rd, 2005, 01:30 AM   #15
ab041937
Learning Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jai
Well, at least in the India case, Emporis only seems to know what SSC India members tell them

Right now the 110-floor WTC is still a proposal. People have confirmed its existance as a proposal in news reports, and supposedly some former mill land is bought for this purpose (one report even said work on the foundation has started), but I wouldn't expect it or towers of this size to be formally announced and really go underway in construction for 5-6 more years at the very least, until basic infrastructure is laid down that would support such a tower
How can such a humongous project be kept so confidential? 110F tower in Mumbai is doing to be a huge news in the Asian Real state market. It would be something like Jin Mao tower, Shanghai or Taipei 101. 110F can easily be translated into well over 400m which is huge. Do you have any link which confirms the news?
"If I were to look over the whole world to find out a country most richly endowed with all the wealth, power and beauty that nature can bestow – in some part a very paradise on earth – I should point to India."

"There is no book in the world that is so thrilling, stirring and inspiring as the Upanishads." (‘Sacred Books of the East’)

Old August 3rd, 2005, 02:19 AM   #16
Jai

It's not huge news because its not news.. yet. Its only a plan in the minds of a developer. There are many supertalls planned every day, but few actually get built. This tower is like in the conceptual stage, not even on paper. There's really nothing to report on the matter

There was some news about it in one of the archived Mumbai discussion threads in the SSC India forum, with a quote from one of the guys involved. Check that out.
Old August 3rd, 2005, 02:30 AM   #17
ab041937
Learning Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jai
It's not huge news because its not news.. yet. Its only a plan in the minds of a developer. There are many supertalls planned every day, but few actually get built. This tower is like in the conceptual stage, not even on paper. There's really nothing to report on the matter

There was some news about it in one of the archived Mumbai discussion threads in the SSC India forum, with a quote from one of the guys involved. Check that out.
Does Mumbai has height limit for buildings. I remember there was lotta hue & cry for this SD towers aswell.

Old August 3rd, 2005, 02:38 AM   #18
Jai

Mumbai has a very strict FSI, and they don't allow commercial high-rises, which are almost always the swanky 'capital' highrise/supertall projects, only residential. Reason for it is because Mumbai's infrastructure right now cannot support supertall or commerical highrises. And there's also the whole legal process (quagmire) of slum redevelopment. The nature of Indian bureaucracy won't allow for unilateral mass moving of poor people. While this is good for democracy, its havoc for high-rise development (though a worthy price to pay). Hence the BMC can't simply raze acres of slums/chawls/etc and build a massive CBD from scratch.

That's why buildings of any real size, as well the selling of the mill land and other redevelopment properties is basically frozen until the infrastructure can be upgraded, and the legal mechinism for development is established. The infrastructure upgrading is plodding along, and the legal battles and regulations that prevented development are just starting to steam ahead, with several landmark cases won. One of them being the OK given for S D Towers. Another was the allowance for 100% FDI in construction projects.

It's a painful(ly slow) but necessary procses to ensure true organic growth and human rights for the poor. That's why I said, that in 5-6 years, we'll see projects of real size come about, only after the foundation is solidly laid.

It's like a snowball rolling downhill. Its been slow but its getting bigger and faster. Mumbai has come soooo far in the last year, and things are picking up. Its good tidings and all, but its not going to happen overnight
Old August 3rd, 2005, 02:52 AM   #19
Butcher

looks good so far!

When I walk through the shadow of the valley of death
I will fear no evil, cause I'm the biggest son of a bitch in the valley!

Best of Britain
Butcher no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2005, 02:56 AM   #20
ab041937
Learning Enthusiast

I recently read Maharashta's CM's interview where he actually supported high rise structures. But, something needs to be done about the slums. What happened to government Slum demolition scheme.