daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 7th, 2005, 01:44 AM   #21
londonindyboy
CrAzY FrOg

Likes (Received): 6

83 skyscrapers WOW its definately going to change mumbai's skyline.
londonindyboy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 7th, 2005, 03:35 AM   #22
redeemed_soul
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by huit
Nope... imageshack is blocked here in KSA...
redeemed_soul no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2005, 06:00 AM   #23
Effer
E Pluribus Unum

Likes (Received): 226

I thought you were banned!
Effer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2005, 07:00 AM   #24
redeemed_soul
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by effer
I thought you were banned!
There I am , again

IDs die , soul remains
redeemed_soul no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2005, 09:59 AM   #25
ab041937
Learning Enthusiast

Likes (Received): 4

All these projects look very impressive. But, I am more keen to see new highrise buildings being made in Navi Mumbai. Afterall, the satellite city has arguably better road & social infrastructure than Mumbai. The best part is that it is devoid of any slum problem. Does anybody believes that Navi Mumbai/Thane are more suited for super highrises than Mumbai? Since, the thrust of the government is decongesting Mumbai than the whole new development activity in Navi Mumbai is a better idea than redeveloping Mumbai in blocks. Afterall, Shanghai did the same.
"If I were to look over the whole world to find out a country most richly endowed with all the wealth, power and beauty that nature can bestow – in some part a very paradise on earth – I should point to India."

"There is no book in the world that is so thrilling, stirring and inspiring as the Upanishads." (‘Sacred Books of the East’)

- Max Muller, German Scholar
ab041937 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2005, 02:47 PM   #26
londonindyboy
CrAzY FrOg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab041937
All these projects look very impressive. But, I am more keen to see new highrise buildings being made in Navi Mumbai. Afterall, the satellite city has arguably better road & social infrastructure than Mumbai. The best part is that it is devoid of any slum problem. Does anybody believes that Navi Mumbai/Thane are more suited for super highrises than Mumbai? Since, the thrust of the government is decongesting Mumbai than the whole new development activity in Navi Mumbai is a better idea than redeveloping Mumbai in blocks. Afterall, Shanghai did the same.
yeap i agree with navi mumbai is more suitable for high rise buildings then mumbai.
Old August 7th, 2005, 06:10 PM   #27
Naga_Solidus

Likes (Received): 3

of course they can always use highrises to fix the slum problem, they can be built on top of slums in order to erase them from the city and the former slum residents can move into the highrise.
Old August 7th, 2005, 08:24 PM   #28
Effer
E Pluribus Unum

Likes (Received): 226

Quote:
Originally Posted by ab041937
Actually Mumbai,Thane,and Navi Mumbai are all getting new high-rises!
Effer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2005, 01:10 AM   #29
londonindyboy
CrAzY FrOg

i just cant wait till sd tower and for seasons hotel are ready. they will look amazing.
Old January 28th, 2006, 02:12 PM   #30
Mumbaikar

Highrises solve the problem of infrastructure to a great extent.. Dont beleive me? Take a look at the Mumbai Coastlines, you'll see most of the roadside buildings are small 5-6storey and century old. The occupy a lot of space. I had posted this suggestion earlier in a different thread. Instead of accomodating people in 10 creepy 5-6 storey buildings, we should have one 40-50+ storey tower which'll help solving Mumbai's space probelms to a great extent. Guys, just give it a long thought. If possible go & take a look around and along the coastline from Bandra to Marine Drive. Those small old crap buildings are a great mess. If those are replaced with multi-storey scrapers then just imagine how wide the roads can get....seriously.....
Mumbaikar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 2nd, 2006, 07:11 PM   #31
ab041937
Learning Enthusiast

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumbaikar
Highrises solve the problem of infrastructure to a great extent.. Dont beleive me? Take a look at the Mumbai Coastlines, you'll see most of the roadside buildings are small 5-6storey and century old. The occupy a lot of space. I had posted this suggestion earlier in a different thread. Instead of accomodating people in 10 creepy 5-6 storey buildings, we should have one 40-50+ storey tower which'll help solving Mumbai's space probelms to a great extent. Guys, just give it a long thought. If possible go & take a look around and along the coastline from Bandra to Marine Drive. Those small old crap buildings are a great mess. If those are replaced with multi-storey scrapers then just imagine how wide the roads can get....seriously.....
I don't agree with you very strongly. I do understnd that only way for Mumbai to develop is vertically but that has to be complemented with wider roads horizontally. Mumbai desperately needs freeways. Does Mubai have any? none. A city which is aspiring to be amongst the top business address in 15 years time, the rate of growth of infrastructure is pathetic. Morover, redeveloping any city block by block is a tedious, expensive and time consuming. The best idea is to develop a whole new infrastructure from scratch. Use Navi Mumbai & Thane. Navi Mumbai offers a whole lot of better infrastructure than Mumbai. Use it as a base and start shifting activities from Mumbai.
"If I were to look over the whole world to find out a country most richly endowed with all the wealth, power and beauty that nature can bestow – in some part a very paradise on earth – I should point to India."

"There is no book in the world that is so thrilling, stirring and inspiring as the Upanishads." (‘Sacred Books of the East’)

- Max Muller, German Scholar
ab041937 no está en línea   Reply With Quote