SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Please vote for the best City Hall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

VOTE! Best City Hall

9K views 47 replies 40 participants last post by  *Sweetkisses* 
#1 ·
VOTE: Best City Hall

Here are the city halls which received the most nominations.

Vote for your favourite.

London

Brussels

Philadelphia

Toronto

Tokyo

See less See more
#11 ·
I really like london's, but voted for brussels - you would never see something that ornate built again!

not knocking toronto as a city, but I really don't know why their city hall is in this thread - it's pretty average, albeit tall.

#15 ·
^ I agree. I personally dislike Toronto's city hall. Maybe because I see it so often i've just grown tired of it. It was a VERY innovative building when it was built still is in some respects but I would prefer if it were glass all around. From behind looking at concrete slabs it is very unattractive. also theres a running track, concrete, which encircles it which no one uses because someone once triped and fell while jogging on an uneven piece of pavement. That has to be demolished. The square is however involved in a redesign contest so my finger are crossed!

In the meantime...having been to Brussels, it's city hall is absolutely spectacular, so it gets my vote easily.

#17 ·
Brussels! What a masterpiece.

But the Tokyo Metropolitan Government Buildings are one hell of an achievement... all the Tokyo gov needs to do is now light them up at night. The views from the (Free!) observation decks of the rest of Nishi-Shinjuku, Tokyo, Mount Fuji (!) and Yokohama in the distance are fabulous. :)

#24 ·
Philly

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.