daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 12th, 2005, 09:11 PM   #401
Zim Flyer
Rock Lord

Likes (Received): 193

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarJoLe
I am sick and ******* tired of being called a pessimist on this forum by people who obviously don't read any of my posts in which I have contributed my time and effort to show how optimistic I am about London's proposals and its current architectural wonders.

If this carries on I will seriously consider leaving this forum, and take my photography and (quite important to this forum) architectural contacts away with me. If it's how you feel that you can't take rumour or conjecture on an equal footing and instead feel the need to blast me down because it's not what you want to hear then so be it.

As I have said before, I am not overly optimistic London Bridge Tower will begin in 2006. OF COURSE I BLOODY WANT IT TO, but, in general terms from what I have heard having my ear to the ground and contacts in PwC, its prospects are faltering. PwC have not announced ANY type of 2006 move from Southark Towers, and seeing as the shareholders actually OWN the building, I doubt they're going to be rushing to the exit sign.

All this talk of 'well they'll be breaking the law' is nonsense. PwC are dripping with cash, and I mean, dripping- they can easily drag Sellar through the courts over the end of this 'lease' and not even worry about buying out his bloody business a hundred times over. From what I've heard which yes, is RUMOUR, is PwC are gearing up for a fight this summer over having to leave. I HOPE IT IS NOT TRUE, but I can't take this rumour lying down - this is afterall a forum which thrives on gossip and rumour in order to be ahead of the others. It's a shame that when it's something you don't want to hear you have to lamblast the originators as pessimists and depressives. Get a grip on yourselves for god's sake and take the rough with the smooth.
Hay DarJoLe, don't go, I like you as do many other people on the scc.
Zim Flyer no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 12th, 2005, 09:35 PM   #402
Newcastle Guy

Likes (Received): 317

Well? Do PWHC have the power to stop the shard going ahead and stay in their current building? They dont own the site!
Newcastle Guy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 12th, 2005, 11:42 PM   #403
london lad

Likes (Received): 2259

Newcastle- chill out man-

I wouldn't take as read anything thats written on a website about when & what will start- the truth will all construction projects is you can only really tell if somethings getting built is when the builders move in.

As far as who owns what - Sellar Property Group, CLS & a number of lesser & unknown investors all havea stake in the project & are 100 committed to it. It has planning etc & its supported by the Mayor etc but that doesn't mean a damn thing if the occupiers have a legally binding contract to lease the building. Its a bit hazy if the LBT consortium have the legal authority to get PWc to vacate the building but by the same token they have been planning this tower for a good few years now so must have though about the consequences of PWc not moving& have probably drawn up some contingency plans.

This IMO will get built but when who knows- Nothing will happen for at least another 6m months at the earliest so calm down for a few months. The building is still occupied & theres no news on Pc moving to anywhere soon- it ay be the case they just move a few people to ther various buildings across London BUT i dont think there that bothered they dont have a prestigous skyscraper HQ & Im sure there many clients aren't that fussed either.

Things are moving up in London & the reasons as why & when have been explained many many times.
london lad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2005, 12:23 AM   #404
Newcastle Guy

Ok... But when the lease ends, they got to move, right?

Darjole was mentioning something about a rumour that they may take Sellar to court, and i just dont get what the hell is going on...
I SOOOO want this project to work
Old December 13th, 2005, 01:35 AM   #405
Sanchez
TheFuture

Likes (Received): 0

i share your feelings that things dont seem to be clear on what is the situation with the PWC lease. You would have thought that we would know a little more, considering that this one project is more groundbreaking than everything in the UK put together.
Sanchez no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2005, 02:34 AM   #406
sharpie20
Wlis

Likes (Received): 4

that's really cool, no doubt london will have the best skyline in europe in the next 5 or so years. plus i love that new london bridge tower, too bad other buildings can't have such a nice design
sharpie20 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2005, 03:43 PM   #407
DarJoLe

Likes (Received): 6364

Apparently they'll be a statement from PwC in the New Year - I reckon it's an announcement of the move from Southwark Towers, but as per usual, you never know.
DarJoLe no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2005, 05:21 PM   #408
Newcastle Guy

Good news- I emailed PWH and asked if they were still planning to move, and they replied saying that if the shard is still going ahead (which it is) they will move out to another one of their london offices, so good news! And straight from the horses mouth, too!

I will post the email later, when i get access to the other computer
Old December 13th, 2005, 05:25 PM   #409
DarJoLe

CABE have given Bishopsgate Tower a thumbs up, according to BBC London news.
Old December 13th, 2005, 05:28 PM   #410
Newcastle Guy

also good news!
Old December 13th, 2005, 05:29 PM   #411
london lad

Likes (Received): 2259

newcastle- nice bit of work but I dont thing it would be wise posting there email here- your summary is ok - they probably wouldn't like you posting a personal email to you on an internet forum.
london lad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2005, 05:36 PM   #412
Newcastle Guy

Alrighty then
Old December 13th, 2005, 08:43 PM   #413
Jack Rabbit Slim
Divemaster!

Likes (Received): 6314

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarJoLe
CABE have given Bishopsgate Tower a thumbs up, according to BBC London news.
Is this a recent article? and if so, could you either post it here or give the URL. Thanx

Many species of the oldest predator on this planet will be extinct in less than 50 years at this rate. They will never be here again.
Jack Rabbit Slim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2005, 09:26 PM   #414
Pedrillo

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcastle kid
What do you guys think?

hmmm, I think thats it's impressive.
Old December 13th, 2005, 09:44 PM   #415
sergioib

Likes (Received): 343

That looks really good. By the way, where are all those buildings located? Is that the Canary Wharf? I can't hardly recognise any of the Canary Wharf building, but I may be a bit lost at the moment...
sergioib no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2005, 09:50 PM   #416
DarJoLe

Canary Wharf is the cluster on the far right. The centre cluster is the City of London.
Old December 13th, 2005, 10:01 PM   #417
-

That impression looks great. Let's hope that London will look that way in the not too far future.
Old December 14th, 2005, 01:19 AM   #418
wjfox
Futurist

Likes (Received): 13284

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcastle kid
Good news- I emailed PWH and asked if they were still planning to move, and they replied saying that if the shard is still going ahead (which it is) they will move out to another one of their london offices, so good news! And straight from the horses mouth, too!

I will post the email later, when i get access to the other computer
Sounds like they're sticking to the schedule after all then...
Old December 14th, 2005, 01:22 AM   #419
TallBox

Likes (Received): 421

Quote:
what's the tower just to the right of tower bridge? it looks like vauxhall tower but isn't it in totally the wrong place? (by some number of kilometers??!)
Old December 14th, 2005, 01:33 AM   #420
Jack Rabbit Slim
Divemaster!

Likes (Received): 6314

God I love that skyline, I think the phrase orgasmic is not out of place in this situation But I wish they'd demolish or re-vamp that god awful building to the left of LBT, I think its the hospital aint it?. And I kinda wish they had built LBT closer to the City cluster which would have been truly sexual. But maybe, with a new wave of SS in coming years, the gap might be filled between the two areas to create one giant cluster...now would'nt you just wet yourself if that happened!!

Many species of the oldest predator on this planet will be extinct in less than 50 years at this rate. They will never be here again.
Jack Rabbit Slim no está en línea   Reply With Quote