SkyscraperCity Forum banner

[COMPLETED] D2 | ICON (163m / 46 + 41 floors)

129K views 1K replies 114 participants last post by  Arcachon 
#1 ·
SET to rise in a corner of the central business district, Singapore's highest condominium will not be a mere landmark.

It will be an Icon - literally. Far East Organization is set to launch its 646-unit Icon project at Gopeng Street, in the Tanjong Pagar area, in the first quarter of this year, sources said.

It is expected to be completed around 2006.

Rising 163 m high, the 46-storey building will dwarf its neighbour, the 18-storey, 67-m-high Amara Hotel.

It will also dethrone Allgreen Properties' 38-storey, 119-m-high Queens project at Stirling Road, which is currently the Republic's highest condominium.

But how does it compare with other giants on the Singapore skyline?

It will be about 40 per cent lower than Singapore's three highest buildings - the 66-storey UOB Plaza, the 60-storey OUB Centre and the 66-storey Republic Plaza - all of which are 280 m high.

But the Icon will be taller than the six 40-storey, 114-m-high Housing Board flats being built in Queenstown and Toa Payoh.

These HDB flats will be Singapore's highest public housing blocks when completed next year and in 2005.

But that record will last only until the Duxton Plain project comes along. Now in the design-development stage, the massive project - also in the Tanjong Pagar area - will have seven towers soaring 50 storeys.

The Icon will have 646 one-, two- and three-bedroom units including lofts and studio units. The top floors will have good views of the city skyline and the sea.

The Straits Times has learnt that Far East is planning to release 250 units of the Icon in the first phase of the 99-year leasehold project.

Analysts expect them to fetch $600 to $700 per sq ft - or $600,000 to $700,000 for a 1,000-sq-ft unit.

The Urban Redevelopment Authority has said that Icon's construction is in line with the Government's aim of providing high-rise city living.

Located near the Tanjong Pagar MRT station, it is also close to shops and major office buildings.

See less See more
#3 ·
springleaf residential? not sure about that.....but i think this refers to pure residential projects.....anyway the tallest housing now is in international plaza mah.....

#5 ·
Yeah....Springleaf as far as I noe is purely commercial except for 4 floors of apartments up above...

Source:
http://www.capitalandcommercial.com/commercia/state/index.asp?id=14

So cant really compare with a fully residential project. Anyway a new residential tower has been approved at the new downtown, and has a mazimum allowable height of 245m! :)

#9 ·
any renderings?? i'm sure it will be cool

#10 ·
The rendering was only published in the local press...none on the internet yet. Will post it here asap.

Anyway it will be hemmed in to the south and east, so I doubt you will get fantastic paranomic views just yet. Even the west view could be blocked off when the 7 block Duxton plains project creates a huge 50 story high wall just a year after the Icon is finished!

As for the 114 metres...that was for the public housing blocks, which usually have lower floor to ceiling heights, and hence lower overall height.

#12 · (Edited)
That is the Duxton Plain one. Not for this particular project. :)

#14 ·
<table cellpadding=4 cellspacing=0 width=98% class="quoteBox">
<td align=left valign=center> <smallfont> <b>Quote</B> <I>originally posted by WillS </i></b> </smallfont> </td>
<tr><td align=left valign=top>

This is it, incase you hadnt seen the plans</td></tr>
</table>

this is it?? wow looks weird.........

#15 ·
<td align=left valign=center> <smallfont> <b>Quote</B> <I>originally posted by RafflesCity </i></b> </smallfont> </td>
<tr><td align=left valign=top>Anyway both are in the Tanjong Pagar area. When will the Duxton project be commenced?</td></tr>
</table>

In 2005, if I remember correctly.

#18 ·
But Im sure its nothing compared to the monsters in Seoul. :)

#19 ·
Latest news

Tallest condo sells 80% of initial launch units

By Vladimir Guevarra and Leong Pik Yin

ICON, Singapore's tallest condominium project, sold an impressive 80 per cent of the 161 units it released in an initial preview over the weekend.

This is the strongest sign yet that buyers are shrugging off the Sars crisis and providing a much-needed boost to the property market, analysts said.

Fuelled by overwhelming market interest, Far East Organisation broughtforward the private preview of the 646-unit development at Tanjong Pagar. The 46-storey-tall development will be ready only in 2006.

The units released comprised a selection of choice studio, one- andtwo-bedroom apartments. Prices range from S$350,000 to S$396,000 for the 583- to 601-sq-ft studio apartments; S$376,000 to S$414,000 for the 606- to 627-sq-ft one-bedroom apartments; and S$550,000 to S$625,000 for the 925- to 956-sq-fttwo-bedroom apartments. The average price is S$650 psf.

Take-up was strongest among the one-bedroom apartments. The buyers compriseprofessional investors, young executives working in the Central BusinessDistrict, successful young entrepreneurs, as well as residents in the nearbyTanjong Pagar area looking for alternative housing forms in the city centre.

http://www.straitstimes.com.sg/latest/story/0,4390,188641-1052776740,00.html?

#21 ·
<td align=left valign=center> <smallfont> <b>Quote</B> <I>originally posted by heirloom </i></b> </smallfont> </td>
<tr><td align=left valign=top>eek i just got the invitation leaflet / brochure thingy to the Icon and GAWD! IT IS UGLY! i'll try to scan if i can find a scanner...</td></tr>
</table>

dont scare us leh :bash:

#22 ·
#25 ·
The houses at International Plaza are higher, and more dangerous!

The windows open completely!(from floor to celing) and you can just as easily step out and jump from 50 storeys, the only thing keeping residents safe is the ledges ouside.

I saw the new model of ICON, and it has a taller tower built next to it with a connecting glass bridge.

#26 ·
Originally posted by Cliff

I saw the new model of ICON, and it has a taller tower built next to it with a connecting glass bridge.
Woah! Where did you see the model?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.