daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > Supertalls > Proposed Supertalls

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 6th, 2012, 03:30 PM   #1301
KDreamer
Marketing & Fashion, yo.

Likes (Received): 521

Those curves!!!
KDreamer no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 6th, 2012, 07:53 PM   #1302
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8241

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDreamer View Post
Those curves!!!
yeah this tower is sexy
KillerZavatar está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 6th, 2012, 10:04 PM   #1303
đđeůx
Still Comin' Out Strong

Likes (Received): 1957

Talking as if it's a woman.
Old November 8th, 2012, 09:47 AM   #1304
Kimiwind1184
Speed Metal God

Likes (Received): 1152

Great progress. Now it will be more interesting to follow up this thread as the tower gets off the ground.
Old November 8th, 2012, 04:54 PM   #1305
Highcliff
Fake democracy

Likes (Received): 5011

rising from the soil....
Highcliff no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2012, 04:30 PM   #1306
kanye
WDNF-Mod | RIP desertpunk

Likes (Received): 8513

Nov 12
image hosted on flickr

Lotte Town Tower von Jens-Olaf auf Flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

kanye no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2012, 04:45 PM   #1307
patrykus

Likes (Received): 1794

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munwon View Post
Why are there orange plastic coverings on the rebar and where did the core slip form go? Or am I being paranoid? Korea2002, Inno?
I believe they have put them on to protect the rebars from the longer exposition to the element. From the last kanye update it is obvious now they are disassembling the climbing forms from the core. I suppose they will install now the actual climbing system we usually see on the towers core. And since during that process rebars would be exposed for longer than usually it seems only reasonable to give them additional protection for that period.

I only hope my theory is right because only different reason why would they give rebars additional coating, that I can think of, is when tower is about to be put on hold but I would rather stay positive
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

patrykus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2012, 07:00 PM   #1308
beaky
BANNED

Likes (Received): 70

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrykus View Post
I believe they have put them on to protect the rebars from the longer exposition to the element. From the last kanye update it is obvious now they are disassembling the climbing forms from the core. I suppose they will install now the actual climbing system we usually see on the towers core. And since during that process rebars would be exposed for longer than usually it seems only reasonable to give them additional protection for that period.

I only hope my theory is right because only different reason why would they give rebars additional coating, that I can think of, is when tower is about to be put on hold but I would rather stay positive

the plastic rebar caps are called mushrooms and they are used to ensure rebar sticking up is both visible and less likely to impale someone should they accidentally bump into one.

they should be fitted at all times on exposed rebar not being worked upon, as in the case of those sticking out of a paused slipform.

i've worked on a site where the bucket of an excavator hit a worker, launching them onto a pile cap with exposed rebar which gouged a pretty big hole in the guys head. unfortunately , the pile cap was being worked upon at the time so the mushrooms that would have lessened the injury were not in place.

they are not for exposure protection
beaky no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2012, 07:11 PM   #1309
beaky
BANNED

i should say that it is in britain that they are called mushrooms. i haven't a clue what they are called in korea.
Old November 12th, 2012, 07:29 PM   #1310
patrykus

I know what you are talking about. I've seen "mushrooms" a lot here on ssc. But I think it's different here. First it looks like each rebar is completely covered with orange coating/plastic. And you can actually see blue mushrooms being used outside the core. As you said they are just small plastic tops on each rebar, something significantly different is used on the core. Second thing rebars have never been covered on this construction site like this until now when the jumping form is being disassembled. It's possible the color is also for the visibility but I'm not sure then why wouldn't they use a regular plastic caps instead of painting each rebar completely. I know of two construction sites one India Tower and another one of a tower in poland. Both have had their sticking rebars painted before being put on hold. But I think it's not the case here.
PolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CComingSoon/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/CPolishTowersU/C

Old November 12th, 2012, 08:38 PM   #1311
dunefreezer
Skyscraper Enthusiast

Likes (Received): 551

Out of the hole I see. Good stuff. The site for this tower is exciting.
dunefreezer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2012, 02:02 AM   #1312
Munwon

Likes (Received): 3189

Quote:

I think You maybe right Partrykus, It might of been a temporary climbing form. I haven't heard anything in the media about this being on hold and all other Lotte projects are rising. I'll try to go to Nampo Saturday and ask someone.
Munwon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2012, 06:02 AM   #1313
Amastroi2017
The Power Of Roof Height

Likes (Received): 112

Can someone please post the most recent render for this tower. A couple pages back I heard the roof height was reduced to 436 meters. Hopefully that turns out to be false and the whole tower's height will be included in roof height making it 1,674 feet tall.

Amastroi2017 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2012, 08:34 AM   #1314
VRS

Likes (Received): 11521

good bird view...
VRS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2012, 10:04 AM   #1315
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6526

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amastroi2017
Can someone please post the most recent render for this tower. A couple pages back I heard the roof height was reduced to 436 meters. Hopefully that turns out to be false and the whole tower's height will be included in roof height making it 1,674 feet tall.
The roof is at 436m, just the spires will make it 510m.
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2012, 02:18 PM   #1316
Plutonicsilver

Likes (Received): 0

Really excited to see this done..:-)
Plutonicsilver no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 13th, 2012, 08:17 PM   #1317
beaky
BANNED

Quote:
I know what you are talking about. I've seen "mushrooms" a lot here on ssc. But I think it's different here. First it looks like each rebar is completely covered with orange coating/plastic. And you can actually see blue mushrooms being used outside the core. As you said they are just small plastic tops on each rebar, something significantly different is used on the core. Second thing rebars have never been covered on this construction site like this until now when the jumping form is being disassembled. It's possible the color is also for the visibility but I'm not sure then why wouldn't they use a regular plastic caps instead of painting each rebar completely. I know of two construction sites one India Tower and another one of a tower in poland. Both have had their sticking rebars painted before being put on hold. But I think it's not the case here.
short rebar get mushrooms. long rebar get long mushrooms. they serve the same purpose
Old November 13th, 2012, 08:31 PM   #1318
patrykus

Well to me it looks like the rebars on the core were painted. but unless we have better quality pictures there is no point in arguing.

Old November 13th, 2012, 08:51 PM   #1319
beaky
BANNED

Quote:
Well to me it looks like the rebars on the core were painted. but unless we have better quality pictures there is no point in arguing.
aah we're not arguing, we're just having a chat. long rebar painted dayglow red or long rebar wrapped in dayglow red plastic (long mushrooms) serve the same purpose. visibility.

i know of no weather conditions that can adversely affect steel rebar in such a short space of time.
Old November 13th, 2012, 08:57 PM   #1320
beaky
BANNED

Quote:
aah we're not arguing, we're just having a chat. long rebar painted dayglow red or long rebar wrapped in dayglow red plastic (long mushrooms) serve the same purpose. visibility.

i know of no weather conditions that can detrimentally affect steel rebar in such a short space of time.