daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 11th, 2005, 12:48 AM   #61
50CENT
__21 Questions___

Likes (Received): 0

More residential buildings for Belém of Pará

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nunez

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaMBa

Palacio Real

Intendente

Seasons

Sponsored Links
Old December 13th, 2005, 12:29 AM   #62
Effer
E Pluribus Unum

Likes (Received): 226

Very nice!
Effer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2005, 08:34 AM   #63
_zner_
Optional Information

Likes (Received): 78

no wonder.... that country has an over populated cities so they badly needed to put some highrises in the forest instead of mass housing project to save a land... but this is still unhumanistic.... tsk tsk tsk..
_zner_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2005, 08:51 AM   #64
Xing500

If it makes you feel any better. Thank god the Amazon Rainforest isn't in the U.S., otherwise the world would be screwed.
Old December 14th, 2005, 08:13 PM   #65
Sania

Likes (Received): 401

highrises are going to became every part of world
Sania no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2006, 01:13 AM   #66
Rodrigo_BSB

Likes (Received): 10193

Quote:
Originally Posted by (((myx)))
no wonder.... that country has an over populated cities so they badly needed to put some highrises in the forest instead of mass housing project to save a land... but this is still unhumanistic.... tsk tsk tsk..
My God...
Old January 31st, 2006, 04:07 AM   #67
Indica
Top of the World

Likes (Received): 156

Come on people, its been said before and Ill re-word it myself.. They arent clearing any forest to build these towers! They are going to be using plots that are more in "the middle of the city" and both of these cities have been around for more than 300 years..

And... if they had to clear any forest to build either of these cities 300+ years ago, Im pretty sure that they arent going to be clearing any more forest for these high-rises.. thats the whole idea of this.. grow upward while using less land space and supporting more population at the same time, while cutting down severely on urban sprawl. Ill also add that a lot of these new towers going up are much more eco-friendly than the ones of previous generations + they are not lacking in design either.. I wish I could see more tower that look like these where I live, and I live in Los Angeles..

LOL, to some people this must be the equivalent of erecting towers in the middle of the Yukon!!
Old January 31st, 2006, 04:14 AM   #68
Indica
Top of the World

Likes (Received): 156

I can see where a lot of mis-understandings may arise from this subject. I learned in school years ago that the worlds ozone may be soo bad off in the next 100 years, that there may be cancer epidemics.. I read that it was connected to the destruction of the rainforests.. kinda funny, how that was the only cause that was listed in our school-books isnt it? The US and China need to severely cut down on their pollution, as they are the 2 biggest producers of it in the world..
Old January 31st, 2006, 04:14 AM   #69
Harkeb
BANNED

Likes (Received): 22

A planetorial disgrace! Instead of depopulating the Amazon Forest, it's being populated even more with the consequental destruction of the world's largest forest! One form/place of development I cannot agree with.
Harkeb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2006, 04:59 AM   #70
TampaMike
Oh Hey!

Likes (Received): 952

I'm sorry, but I don't support this at all. This saying we should build skyscrapers in the Everglades, because it's near Miami. The Amazon is already loosing acres and acres and all we do is build skyscrapers. They could help alittle and make a skyscraper look like a tall tree.
Old January 31st, 2006, 05:06 AM   #71
AcesHigh
Taking On The World

Likes (Received): 7958

Quote:
Originally Posted by (((myx)))

bullshit.
Brasil has 180 million people in an area THE SIZE OF EUROPE. Europe has 750 million people in the same area!!! Brasil is one of the biggest countries in the world in area, our population density is quite small.

Also, I should say you speak nonsense without reading the thread. As it was said, Belém and Manaus are OLD CITIES. Its stupid to think we are destroying forest to build highrises. Can you guys please take your heads from your ass and do some thinking or at least some research, or THE MINIMUM POSSIBLE: read the thread!
AcesHigh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2006, 05:08 AM   #72
AcesHigh
Taking On The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewPortRicheyGuy
I'm sorry, but I don't support this at all. This saying we should build skyscrapers in the Everglades, because it's near Miami. The Amazon is already loosing acres and acres and all we do is build skyscrapers. They could help alittle and make a skyscraper look like a tall tree.
again nonsense. Read the rest of the thread please. The title is quite misleading. And your answer simply shows you know nothing about these old cities where these skyscrapers are being built and worst, you havent taken your time to LEARN about it, you simply spewed out some generic mumble jumble you read in your local "3rd world is evil" highschool class.
Old January 31st, 2006, 05:13 AM   #73
AcesHigh
Taking On The World

Quote:
Originally Posted by harkerb
A planetorial disgrace! Instead of depopulating the Amazon Forest, it's being populated even more with the consequental destruction of the world's largest forest! One form/place of development I cannot agree with.
Pfff... another guy who didnt use his brains and worst, didnt use his eyes to read the thread. The answers here in this thread are pure garbage.

Its nonsense to depupulate 400 year old cities! Also, you cant take 16 million people OUT OF THE AMAZON. The best thing you can do is to concentrate them in prosperous cities, instead of a hundred little small towns all around the forest. It would cause MUCH MORE ENVIROMENTAL DAMAGE!

Also, remember brazilian cities are DENSE, not ONE brazilian city is sprawled like american or canadian or australian cities!

I find the answers in this thread extremely disturbing and prejudiced against Brasil, all of them spewing generalizing whatever their heard from their local tabloid or sensationalist tv show. VERY SAD INDEED

How about depopulatin europe to return it to its primieval state??
Old January 31st, 2006, 05:15 AM   #74
AcesHigh
Taking On The World

it isnt even worth typeing anything here... its a disgrace, cuz people see the first stupid bad phrased word and they reply and say nonsense, before reading the rest of the thread.

This thread should be DELETED, so a new one can be made with BETTER ENGLISH WRITING, explaining whats happening.
Old January 31st, 2006, 05:35 AM   #75
tkr
Рѹ́сьскаѧ землѧ

Likes (Received): 1889

More two nice residentials for Manaus:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaMBa
Riviera de Ponta Negra - Manaus / Gafisa

Edifício Cannes

Edifício Marseille

tkr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2006, 10:54 AM   #76
Skyscraperkid2K4

Likes (Received): 1

I fully understand more rain forest is not being destroyed to make 'way' for these projects... just still these skyscrapers will make those city become more polluted because of more people = more cars ect...

save the rainforest!
Skyscraperkid2K4 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2006, 11:31 AM   #77
thunder head
BANNED

cities INSIDE the amazon rainforest? do the residents have to be cautious of the somewhat terrifying insects, such as the bug that lays it larvae underneath human skin?
thunder head no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2006, 02:25 PM   #78
Madman

Likes (Received): 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunder head
cities INSIDE the amazon rainforest? do the residents have to be cautious of the somewhat terrifying insects, such as the bug that lays it larvae underneath human skin?
Madman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 31st, 2006, 03:12 PM   #79
Gatis

Likes (Received): 591

Hope this thread has been useful for some ignorant peole am reading and laughing
Old January 31st, 2006, 09:10 PM   #80
cello1974
BANNED

Likes (Received): 20

I think it is the same as in other Brazilian cities. There are low-rise shabby areas upgraded with those high-rises. The cities do not spread horizontally like Sao Paulo still does. They become denser and there is no need to cut so much more trees....
cello1974 no está en línea   Reply With Quote