SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Possible new condo?

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  rbt 
#1 ·
Saw a "Notice of Public Meeting" stating:

"The application proposes to amend the Zoning By-law for teh prroperty located at 21 Widmer Street to permit the development of a 25 storey building containing 289 residential units and ground floor retail.

It's located on teh South-East corner of Adelaide W & Widmer. This would be directly north of TIFF building. I believe currently there is only one building on site (a detached house that has a deli or restaurant/bar in there) with the rest of the area being a parking lot.

Anyways, the reference number is Application 04-159199 Ste 20-OZ if anyone wants to dig further.

#3 ·
Thanks RBT! The link you gave me with the Toronto Staff Report, is that the original or an amended proposal.
Based on the diagrams, building looks quite nice actually. A bit of that "Toronto style" look to it, especially from the north & south view where it's rather thin looking.

I would certainly hope they build this. I used to live at Adelaide/John. And I always thought the parking lots at King - Adelaide, John - Peter, were such a waste of prime real estate. Other than some nice looking older buildings which were used for restaurants, the whole block consisted of four parking lots.
This was once the proposed sight of Festival Hall (the movie theatre) before a fire broke out on Richmond/John. Then Festival Hall decided to build there instead, leaving the parking lot as is.
Now, with TIFF & this proposal, 2 of four parking lots could be built up. My proposal. Build another condo on west of TIFF (North East corner of King/Widmer). Then build a public square or mini park just north of TIFF. There's so much going on John street, it might be very popular. Close to Metro Square, but that is never really used other than the business crowd.
Where was I going with this...oh yeah...thanks for the link...lol

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.