daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Architecture > European Classic Architecture and Landscapes

European Classic Architecture and Landscapes All related to historical buildings and landscapes of the old world.



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old March 31st, 2012, 08:51 PM   #2981
White Light
Shines in the dark...
 
White Light's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Belgrade
Posts: 1,326
Likes (Received): 943

Ahaha, yes, neo-semi-deconstructivist house! That's good!
__________________
"When all ends, behind us will remain only the monumental oddments of the vast civilization..."

Believe in architecture..........
White Light está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 2nd, 2012, 04:35 PM   #2982
Kampflamm
Endorsed by the NRA
 
Kampflamm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Occupied Europe
Posts: 23,659

Some general shots:











Swissotel:











One of the new/old alleys (Kanzleigässchen):































Sources: http://www.dresdner-bauten.com/searc...uartier%20VIII & http://www.neumarkt-dresden.de/baubi...1-04-2012.html
__________________
Free German passport

"I think it's a privilege to call yourself a Wunderbarler and it's something that you have to earn."

Highcliff liked this post
Kampflamm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2012, 04:43 PM   #2983
Ulpia-Serdica
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 8,325
Likes (Received): 7648

Great shots
Ulpia-Serdica no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2012, 05:34 PM   #2984
Skymino
Ambrosian User
 
Skymino's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Milan - Porta Venezia
Posts: 24,050
Likes (Received): 5472

Great Work
__________________
.





Urbanfile Blog - MyFlickr - Milàn l'era inscì

Highcliff liked this post
Skymino no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2012, 06:14 PM   #2985
socrates#1fan
Registered User
 
socrates#1fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Indianapolis
Posts: 2,605
Likes (Received): 1318

Something just seems so natural, so soothing about the way Dresden is being rebuilt. It doesn’t feel like a reconstruction, it feels like a city is organically developing in the heart of Dresden. These buildings (excluding the modern filler structures) are the buildings man is meant to live in, not boxes of glass and steel. This is true urbanism. I can only hope this awakening spreads to Berlin.
__________________
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." -Benjamin Franklin

"I don’t know what it is about Hoosiers, but wherever you go there is always a Hoosier doing something very important there."-Kurt Vonnegut

Highcliff liked this post
socrates#1fan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2012, 06:42 PM   #2986
Judge Roy Beam
Registered User
 
Judge Roy Beam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 184
Likes (Received): 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by socrates#1fan View Post
Something just seems so natural, so soothing about the way Dresden is being rebuilt. It doesn’t feel like a reconstruction, it feels like a city is organically developing in the heart of Dresden. These buildings (excluding the modern filler structures) are the buildings man is meant to live in, not boxes of glass and steel. This is true urbanism.
Agreed.


Quote:
Originally Posted by socrates#1fan View Post
I can only hope this awakening spreads to Berlin.
And Stuttgart
Judge Roy Beam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2012, 06:52 PM   #2987
Kampflamm
Endorsed by the NRA
 
Kampflamm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Occupied Europe
Posts: 23,659

And Cologne...and Hanover...and Magdeburg...
__________________
Free German passport

"I think it's a privilege to call yourself a Wunderbarler and it's something that you have to earn."

Highcliff liked this post
Kampflamm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2012, 07:21 PM   #2988
erbse
LIBERTINED
 
erbse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: McLenBurg
Posts: 43,231
Likes (Received): 57899

And Kassel... And Nuremberg. Hildesheim. Braunschweig. Hamburg. Bremen. Düsseldorf. Munich. Würzburg. Dortmund. Pforzheim. Heilbronn. Kiel. Neubrandenburg...

Well, actually this spirit should spread all across Germany and other places around the world that lost distinct portions of their heritage.

At least Frankfurt and Potsdam are already part of the awakening, of the truly urban Germany, breathing history and power wherever you go.
__________________
GET FREE!
D W F


🔥 Tradition doesn't mean to look after the ash, but to keep the flame alive! 🔥

Highcliff liked this post
erbse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2012, 07:25 PM   #2989
Kampflamm
Endorsed by the NRA
 
Kampflamm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Occupied Europe
Posts: 23,659

Tear it all down and rebuild it with Greek immigrant workers. It's a win-win situation for everybody.
__________________
Free German passport

"I think it's a privilege to call yourself a Wunderbarler and it's something that you have to earn."

Highcliff liked this post
Kampflamm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2012, 07:48 PM   #2990
hypnotoad
█ ▇ ▃ ▁ ▁ ▄ ▅ █
 
hypnotoad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Ёνεиτ Ηοrιζōи
Posts: 1,032
Likes (Received): 770



Why not bomb it once again?



[IMG]http://oi41.************/6r7k36.jpg[/IMG]
__________________

Highcliff liked this post
hypnotoad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2012, 09:34 PM   #2991
Tiaren
Registered User
 
Tiaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,702
Likes (Received): 5550


Sorry, but that's really crude...
Tiaren no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2012, 09:47 PM   #2992
Xorcist
Registered User
 
Xorcist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Berlin
Posts: 624
Likes (Received): 407

nope...it´s just stupid...
Xorcist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2012, 10:05 PM   #2993
rychlik
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 6,809
Likes (Received): 6603

Quote:
Originally Posted by socrates#1fan View Post
Something just seems so natural, so soothing about the way Dresden is being rebuilt. It doesn’t feel like a reconstruction, it feels like a city is organically developing in the heart of Dresden. These buildings (excluding the modern filler structures) are the buildings man is meant to live in, not boxes of glass and steel. This is true urbanism. I can only hope this awakening spreads to Berlin.
Whoa, buddy. You are romanticizing it too much I think. Actually, it does feel like a reconstruction because it is one. No other way to put it. There's nothing wrong with that. Call it what it is.

Will this new rebuilt area be of mixed use, like hotels and private apartments? What will be the value of real estate?
rychlik no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2012, 10:51 PM   #2994
Judge Roy Beam
Registered User
 
Judge Roy Beam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 184
Likes (Received): 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by rychlik View Post
Whoa, buddy. You are romanticizing it too much I think. Actually, it does feel like a reconstruction because it is one. No other way to put it. There's nothing wrong with that. Call it what it is.

Will this new rebuilt area be of mixed use, like hotels and private apartments?
As I understand it, yes.

Stores, restaurants, cafes and most likely nightclubs as well.


Quote:
Originally Posted by rychlik View Post
What will be the value of real estate?
Rather high I would expect.
Judge Roy Beam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2012, 10:55 PM   #2995
Judge Roy Beam
Registered User
 
Judge Roy Beam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 184
Likes (Received): 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorcist View Post
nope...it´s just stupid...
A bit too much of both actually
Judge Roy Beam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2012, 11:11 PM   #2996
Judge Roy Beam
Registered User
 
Judge Roy Beam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 184
Likes (Received): 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by erbse View Post
And Kassel... And Nuremberg. Hildesheim. Braunschweig. Hamburg. Bremen. Düsseldorf. Munich. Würzburg. Dortmund. Pforzheim. Heilbronn. Kiel. Neubrandenburg...

Well, actually this spirit should spread all across Germany and other places around the world that lost distinct portions of their heritage.

At least Frankfurt and Potsdam are already part of the awakening, of the truly urban Germany, breathing history and power wherever you go.
Munich and Würzburg are already in pretty good shape. Pforzheim, Magdeburg (as suggested by someone else), Chemnitz and Stuttgart are, I fear, beyond earthly redemption however.
Judge Roy Beam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2012, 11:23 PM   #2997
Xorcist
Registered User
 
Xorcist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Berlin
Posts: 624
Likes (Received): 407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Roy Beam View Post
Munich and Würzburg are already in pretty good shape. Pforzheim, Magdeburg (as suggested by someone else), Chemnitz and Stuttgart are, I fear, beyond earthly redemption however.
That´s because Munich and Wuerzburg decided after the war, to rebuild their cities...Magdeburg, well...90% of the city was destroyed and the communists decided to built a modern commie-city! same with Chemnitz...and well...nearly the same thing in Stuttgart..but not communist...and also in Hannover...horrible..
Xorcist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2012, 12:18 AM   #2998
Judge Roy Beam
Registered User
 
Judge Roy Beam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 184
Likes (Received): 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorcist View Post
That´s because Munich and Wuerzburg decided after the war, to rebuild their cities...Magdeburg, well...90% of the city was destroyed and the communists decided to built a modern commie-city! same with Chemnitz...and well...nearly the same thing in Stuttgart..but not communist...
Precisely.

They did a piss poor job of pretending to "reconstruct" Nuremberg as well.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorcist View Post
...and also in Hannover...horrible..
Indeed.

Based on the striking appearance of what little remains of the old city...



A great opportunity was irrevocably missed here too
__________________

Highcliff liked this post
Judge Roy Beam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2012, 12:23 AM   #2999
Xorcist
Registered User
 
Xorcist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Berlin
Posts: 624
Likes (Received): 407

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Roy Beam View Post
Precisely.

They did a piss poor job of pretending to "reconstruct" Nuremberg as well.




Indeed.

Based on the striking appearance of what little remains of the old city...



A great opportunity was irrevocably missed here too
just remeber it was just after WWII...germany was devided and...the liddle space which was there was needed..so...who cared about rebuilding...it was a very SPECIAL situation....!!!!! flats...that was important....!!!
Xorcist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 3rd, 2012, 12:39 AM   #3000
Judge Roy Beam
Registered User
 
Judge Roy Beam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 184
Likes (Received): 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorcist View Post
just remeber it was just after WWII...germany was devided and...the liddle space which was there was needed..so...who cared about rebuilding...it was a very SPECIAL situation....!!!!! flats...that was important....!!!
This is true, but yet Munich, Würzburg and others managed somehow.

The flats could have been hurriedly constructed beyond city limits on nearby vacant flat land, could they not?

Postwar suburbs are, after all, traditionally ugly by design and so.. no lasting harm would have be done
Judge Roy Beam no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
classic architecture, classic europe, construction updates, dresden, reconstruction, redevelopment, rekonstrucje, rekonstruktion, sachsen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 12:22 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu