daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Architecture > European Classic Architecture and Landscapes

European Classic Architecture and Landscapes All related to historical buildings and landscapes of the old world.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 14th, 2012, 12:41 AM   #3361
Dmerdude

Likes (Received): 1770

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampflamm View Post
The Gewandhaus would have been a modern addition adjacent to Quarter VI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by erbse View Post
But it's also well possible that Quartier VI will be rebuilt according to its baroque original appearance, that was very symmetrical:
Instead of the Gewandhaus, we're getting some nice greenery.
This box symbolizes how the new Gewandhaus would have ****ed up this square:

Without that shite:

http://www.neumarkt-dresden.de/Bilde...ustusstr-1.jpg
Certain German designers should stay away from crack.
Dmerdude no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 14th, 2012, 12:44 AM   #3362
JohnnyMass
Whatever

Likes (Received): 1493

Quote:
Originally Posted by durden5573 View Post
^ Love it! That will really close off the square nicely. Cant wait to go back and relax in the open air cafe's, very impressive.

How contentious is this amongst the citizens of Dresden?
The older citizens, the ones who still remember how the city used to look like before WWII are generally, from what I can tell, very receptive to the reconstructions.
Old November 14th, 2012, 06:49 PM   #3363
durden5573

Likes (Received): 114

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMass View Post
The older citizens, the ones who still remember how the city used to look like before WWII are generally, from what I can tell, very receptive to the reconstructions.
Interesting, this was my perception when speaking to people there. The older people were excited to get back what was lost, they young people were surprisingly looking for modernization, progress and a chance to create something new.

My opinion is there are more then enough areas of Dresden to showcase modern design, lets keep the Neumarkt authentic and historically as accurate as possible.

Photodash liked this post
durden5573 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 15th, 2012, 09:56 AM   #3364
sergionni

Likes (Received): 443

Quote:
Originally Posted by durden5573 View Post
Interesting, this was my perception when speaking to people there. The older people were excited to get back what was lost, they young people were surprisingly looking for modernization, progress and a chance to create something new.

My opinion is there are more then enough areas of Dresden to showcase modern design, lets keep the Neumarkt authentic and historically as accurate as possible.
i wish that more people in my country share your opinion in that (serbia) but here they say if something was destroyed, it is destroyed, if u reconstruct it is fake. but that is more social problem of the rest of communist thinking where national identity had to be destroyed and replaced with something new. unfortunately, people still do not realize how brainwashed they are and how their , i would dare to say, wrong way of thinking makes future generations kind of lost. i strongly support this reconstructions in dresden as well as ones in potsdam and frankfurt and in a way this threads became the most interesting to me on this forum so please keep posting and updating
Old November 16th, 2012, 10:13 PM   #3365
cilindr0

Likes (Received): 725

Anyone knows if the sophienkirche memorial is done?
cilindr0 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2012, 02:29 PM   #3366
The Blond Guy

Likes (Received): 142

Quote:
Originally Posted by cilindr0 View Post
Anyone knows if the sophienkirche memorial is done?
I know there is a new building on the place of the former Sophienkirche. But it would be amazing if they build only the towers and maybe the doors in between them as some sort of arch.

Next to this building is enough space left:
http://maps.google.nl/maps?q=dresden...50.02,,0,-1.11
The Blond Guy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2012, 06:40 PM   #3367
durden5573

Likes (Received): 114

I know this has been mentioned, so I apologize if it has already been answered: But, what is the plan for the empty lot across the street from Rampische Straße? Was the removed building part of the Police Headquarters?

Based on this link to the city site, the city is still in the process of finding a developer to purchase and develop QIII, is that still the case? What are the chances of the Palais Hoym being included in the new development?

http://www.jewel-dresden.de/en/home-quartier-iii2.html
durden5573 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 19th, 2012, 06:55 PM   #3368
Tiaren

Likes (Received): 5550

The Palais Hoym will be included in every case, because it was a building of great importance and value (Leitbau). So, don't worry about that.
Tiaren no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2012, 01:29 PM   #3369
Plaudit

Likes (Received): 6

Society for the rebuilding of the Historical Neumarkt Dresden posted on its website link to an interesting article about the modernist architect Le Corbusier and his totalitarian inclinations - Grossbaumeister des Faschismus
http://www.weltwoche.ch/ausgaben/200...aumeister.html It is in German language and I would recommend also very interesting article on similar topic in English: Theodore Darlymple: The Architect as Totalitarian http://www.city-journal.org/2009/19_4_otbie-le-corbusier.html
Plaudit no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2012, 06:52 PM   #3370
SonOfThomp

Likes (Received): 226

YA GOTTA BE KIDDIN' ME, Part XVI

"Dresden. The city of Dresden must rebuild the Palace of Culture of the controversial multi-purpose room. That the Court of Appeal ruled on Tuesday in Dresden. The plaintiff was the architect of the building Wolfgang Hänsch. He sees his copyright violated. In April 2012, the District Court of Leipzig had rejected his claim.

However Hänsch had gone in appeal. Unlike the Leipzig court certified the 11th Civil court in Dresden, the architect of the multi-purpose hall is an outstanding design achievements. Nevertheless outweighed the interest in urban redevelopment. The Palace of Culture, built in 1969, just more "sophisticated", is regarded as an important East German building.

According to the judges of the Dresdner multipurpose room is artistically so valuable that it falls easily into the realm of copyright law. In the conflict between the intellectual property of the architect and the property owned by the city but the interests of the city would prevail.

The Dresden city council had decided to complete reconstruction of the dilapidated palace. The cost is estimated at 80 million euros. In the future, there arise a modern concert hall for the Dresden Philharmonic, the Municipal Library and the cabaret "Hercules' Club" can be accommodated." (Reuters)
SonOfThomp no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2012, 08:16 PM   #3371
Го́голь

Likes (Received): 793

The court actually ruled that the municipality of Dresden can transform the Kulturpalast completely, because the public interest comes before the interest of the architect

Judging from the renders I have seen earlier, that "transformed" Kulturpalast is going to become a horrifyingly ugly piece of retro-architecture (no wonder is you try to synthesize the Kulturpalast's modernism with its Baroque surroundings...)

Why oh who?
Го́голь no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2012, 08:27 PM   #3372
Го́голь

Likes (Received): 793

It seems I cried too early. The "Baroquified" Kulturpalast plan is gone, and the tranformation is now actually going to be quite tasteful:

[IMG]http://i49.************/350qz5z.jpg[/IMG]

Highcliff liked this post
Го́голь no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 22nd, 2012, 11:19 PM   #3373
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

ThatOneGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2012, 05:11 PM   #3374
Kampflamm
Endorsed by the NRA

Rampische Straße:

Pics courtesy of bilderbuch / Stadtbild Deutschland

"I think it's a privilege to call yourself a Wunderbarler and it's something that you have to earn."

Kampflamm está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old November 23rd, 2012, 05:13 PM   #3375
Kampflamm
Endorsed by the NRA

Pics from Bausituation Dresden (Nov 17)

What an eyesore

"I think it's a privilege to call yourself a Wunderbarler and it's something that you have to earn."

Old November 23rd, 2012, 05:38 PM   #3376
Kampflamm
Endorsed by the NRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Го́голь View Post
It seems I cried too early. The "Baroquified" Kulturpalast plan is gone, and the tranformation is now actually going to be quite tasteful:

[IMG]http://i49.************/350qz5z.jpg[/IMG]
Meh, looks like millions of other interchangeable postwar buildings. Could be located in Novi Sad or Ulan Bator as well.

Old November 25th, 2012, 02:27 AM   #3377
CF221

Likes (Received): 811

What a disgrace.
Old November 25th, 2012, 09:31 AM   #3378
sergionni

Likes (Received): 443

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampflamm View Post
Meh, looks like millions of other interchangeable postwar buildings. Could be located in Novi Sad or Ulan Bator as well.
and why not even in dresden?
Old November 25th, 2012, 10:12 AM   #3379
Judge Roy Beam

Likes (Received): 53

Because Dresden is making an effort to restore it's former beauty.
Judge Roy Beam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2012, 10:23 AM   #3380
WhiteMagick
Moderator - Επιτηρητής

Quote:
Originally Posted by erbse View Post
Hard to imagine, but we had to fight against this barbarism like lions.

I myself was strolling around Neumarkt, handing out flyers against the Gewandhaus.

I joined several commission sessions with some FDP folks to prevent this crap.
Luckily we succeeded.
A huge thank you! That building was hideous to say the least!

+ Quartier VI looks gorgeous! I can't wait!

如果希腊国民继续信阴谋论,外资救世主的,不为自己的行为负责, 他们会灭亡。

人は何かの犠牲なしに何も得ることはできない。何かを得るためには同等の代価が必要になる。それが、生活における等価交換の原則だ。その頃僕らは、それが世界の真実だと信じていた。時間は、最も貴重な資源である。だから、誰の時間もあなたは無駄にしてはいけないし、誰もが他の人の時間を無駄にしないでください。
WhiteMagick no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
classic architecture, classic europe, construction updates, dresden, reconstruction, redevelopment, rekonstrucje, rekonstruktion, sachsen