daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Architecture > European Classic Architecture and Landscapes

European Classic Architecture and Landscapes All related to historical buildings and landscapes of the old world.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 4th, 2014, 04:55 PM   #4321
cilindr0

Likes (Received): 724

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMass View Post
It's happening already! This. Not a lot of details yet though.

You can follow the project, in german, here.
Nice info! However for not german speakers is difficult to know, what is going here.

It seems that there is a little bit of historic restoration.

From this:

to this:

But I'm not sure if this is all and the rest of the project is only to construct a park with new apartments around:

Someone can bring us some light here? Maybe an explanation of 2 or 3 lines will be enough!

gdlrar, socrates#1fan, Ludi, erbse, Chadoh25 and 1 others liked this post
cilindr0 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 9th, 2014, 08:03 PM   #4322
GeneratorNL
From Holland with love

Likes (Received): 892

Quote:
Originally Posted by cilindr0 View Post
Nice info! However for not german speakers is difficult to know, what is going here.
[...]
Someone can bring us some light here? Maybe an explanation of 2 or 3 lines will be enough!
I'm neither from Dresden nor German, but as far as I understand it's a residential project in which a part of a derelict historical building (called "Orangerie") is being integrated. The project is called Herzogin Garten, which translates as Duchess' Garden.
GeneratorNL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2014, 10:22 PM   #4323
WhiteMagick
Moderator - Επιτηρητής

Archäologische Grabungen Neumarkt Dresden Quartier VI - Stand 07.01.14

http://www.dresdner-bauten.com/

如果希腊国民继续信阴谋论,外资救世主的,不为自己的行为负责, 他们会灭亡。

人は何かの犠牲なしに何も得ることはできない。何かを得るためには同等の代価が必要になる。それが、生活における等価交換の原則だ。その頃僕らは、それが世界の真実だと信じていた。時間は、最も貴重な資源である。だから、誰の時間もあなたは無駄にしてはいけないし、誰もが他の人の時間を無駄にしないでください。

Ludi, bolg, erbse, Chadoh25, william of waco and 1 others liked this post
WhiteMagick no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2014, 11:58 PM   #4324
bolg

Likes (Received): 758

Any before-pics of Quartier VI?
bolg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 10th, 2014, 12:04 AM   #4325
Ludi
✪ Mr. Ludolf ✪

Likes (Received): 34639

Source and more Information: http://www.neumarkt-dresden.de/quartier6.html

soweit nicht anders angegeben außerhalb von den Skybars.

Berlin Projects
Ludi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 11th, 2014, 06:23 AM   #4326
photolitherland

Likes (Received): 956

Are there any websites or whatever to show of the relics theyve dug up in the basements?

william of waco, kaspis liked this post
photolitherland no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 12th, 2014, 05:52 PM   #4327
WhiteMagick
Moderator - Επιτηρητής

Neubau Tieckstraße 5

http://www.bausituation-dresden.de/

人は何かの犠牲なしに何も得ることはできない。何かを得るためには同等の代価が必要になる。それが、生活における等価交換の原則だ。その頃僕らは、それが世界の真実だと信じていた。時間は、最も貴重な資源である。だから、誰の時間もあなたは無駄にしてはいけないし、誰もが他の人の時間を無駄にしないでください。

Chadoh25, JohnnyMass, Batavier liked this post
Old January 13th, 2014, 04:57 PM   #4328
keepthepast

Likes (Received): 1676

This is in the Neustadt area. One of the most complete blocks of original buildings and they're filling in an empty space with a totally conflicting, modernist mistake. Once again, the opportunity to do the right thing has been squandered, and we have to endure decades of this atrocity on a street that could have been near perfect. Shameless.
Old January 13th, 2014, 05:43 PM   #4329
SonOfThomp

Likes (Received): 226

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepthepast View Post
This is in the Neustadt area. One of the most complete blocks of original buildings and they're filling in an empty space with a totally conflicting, modernist mistake. Once again, the opportunity to do the right thing has been squandered, and we have to endure decades of this atrocity on a street that could have been near perfect. Shameless.
Yep. Someone stepped on the rake--again.

NUMERATZI liked this post
SonOfThomp no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2014, 09:57 PM   #4330
WhiteMagick
Moderator - Επιτηρητής

Quartier IV/3 - Friesengasse/ Landhausstraße - aktuell 08.01.2014

http://www.dresdner-bauten.com/

erbse, Batavier, Chadoh25 liked this post
Old January 13th, 2014, 09:59 PM   #4331
WhiteMagick
Moderator - Επιτηρητής

Hotel Stadt Leipzig mit Witterungsschutz und Fassadenvisualisierungen incl. Neubau im Innenhof

http://www.bausituation-dresden.de/

Old January 14th, 2014, 02:01 AM   #4332
JohnnyMass
Whatever

Likes (Received): 1493

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepthepast View Post
Well, if you look closer, this is not the first modernist mistake there.
Old January 14th, 2014, 02:42 PM   #4333
Kampflamm
Endorsed by the NRA

Soon...

[IMG]http://i41.************/30n9gzc.jpg[/IMG]

http://www.kim-juedenhof-dresden.de/...utagebuch.html

"I think it's a privilege to call yourself a Wunderbarler and it's something that you have to earn."
Kampflamm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2014, 01:31 AM   #4334
photolitherland

Likes (Received): 956

All of these idiots pushing fore modernist bullshit in Dresden should be drawn and quartered in the streets. Nobody wants your modern bs, kill yourself please and save Dresden from your moronic mistakes. The modern stuff looks like garbage, seriously what are these freaking developers thinking? It wouldnt even be hard or cost anything more to build something that fits in with the historic surroundings. So stupid and shameful. I think these architects or developers think its all cool and edgy to put this modern schlock bs in with historic surroundings. No its not cool nor edgy, and if you win awards for your modern bs work than those award nominators should also be drawn and quartered. I could slap together one of those horrible mistakes in sketchup in about 5 minutes, it takes no talent or anything to design any of these modernist crap buildings. They are dropping the ball hard, and I doubt anyone in their right mind who sees these eyesores thinks its a good idea. Only the developers think people like it. Screw them. It makes me so mad.

Last edited by photolitherland; January 15th, 2014 at 01:37 AM.
photolitherland no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2014, 07:11 AM   #4335
Judge Roy Beam

Likes (Received): 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMagick View Post
Yuck!

Anybody know what used to be atop those stairs where now this steaming pile of shit assaults the eye?
Judge Roy Beam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2014, 10:07 AM   #4336
mhjo
mhji

Likes (Received): 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by photolitherland View Post
All of these idiots pushing fore modernist bullshit in Dresden should be drawn and quartered in the streets. Nobody wants your modern bs, kill yourself please and save Dresden from your moronic mistakes. The modern stuff looks like garbage, seriously what are these freaking developers thinking? It wouldnt even be hard or cost anything more to build something that fits in with the historic surroundings. So stupid and shameful. I think these architects or developers think its all cool and edgy to put this modern schlock bs in with historic surroundings. No its not cool nor edgy, and if you win awards for your modern bs work than those award nominators should also be drawn and quartered. I could slap together one of those horrible mistakes in sketchup in about 5 minutes, it takes no talent or anything to design any of these modernist crap buildings. They are dropping the ball hard, and I doubt anyone in their right mind who sees these eyesores thinks its a good idea. Only the developers think people like it. Screw them. It makes me so mad.
I agree but modern architects and city-planners do this all over the world. The mantra is "we must move on" "open to ideas" bla-bla. I have myself visited over a 100 cities across europe and see spoilers everywhere. Ever seen the terrible spoiler (brown building) in Vilnius near the old marked?
mhjo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2014, 04:50 PM   #4337
keepthepast

Likes (Received): 1676

Quote:
Originally Posted by photolitherland View Post
Drawn and quartered may be too mild a punishment. Not only is there a crime for building the offenses in the first place, but having done so, the long term (50-100+ years) misery it creates is a crime against humanity.

There are many to blame for this decades long assault on architecture and human history. As mentioned before, investors nearly always cut corners and want to build as cheaply as possible. The architects' club compete with each other on edginess, shock value, and the 'never been done' measure (much like the entertainment industry). City officials and planning committees that approve the designs (if even required for approval) are politicians who get donations from developers. And the city planners are usually architects. The cycle is a death spiral and a self-generating, repeating end result.

It's forums like this and individuals/groups that take the initiative to force the political agenda to a different end that will make a difference. I doubt architects will ever see the light; just as Miley Cyrus will never take on a persona like Mother Teresa. Getting local officials, however, to accept/adopt and understand the historic and long term value of well designed and historically integrated buildings is perhaps the only option for success.
keepthepast no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2014, 12:44 AM   #4338
Ludi
✪ Mr. Ludolf ✪

Likes (Received): 34639

Not that actual but very nice I think. (6. June 2010)

Source and ©: www.fotos-aus-der-luft.de

soweit nicht anders angegeben außerhalb von den Skybars.

Berlin Projects
Ludi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2014, 12:29 PM   #4339
Kampflamm
Endorsed by the NRA

Actual and aktuell are false friends.

"I think it's a privilege to call yourself a Wunderbarler and it's something that you have to earn."

erbse, Slartibartfas liked this post
Kampflamm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2014, 03:01 PM   #4340
ZaMa342

Likes (Received): 28

Neither Luftwaffe, nor USAAF, but Corbusier destroyed european cities...

Tags
classic architecture, classic europe, construction updates, dresden, reconstruction, redevelopment, rekonstrucje, rekonstruktion, sachsen