daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Architecture > European Classic Architecture and Landscapes

European Classic Architecture and Landscapes All related to historical buildings and landscapes of the old world.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 5th, 2014, 08:35 PM   #4541
WhiteMagick
Moderator - Επιτηρητής

Neumarkt aktuell

http://www.bausituation-dresden.de/

如果希腊国民继续信阴谋论,外资救世主的,不为自己的行为负责, 他们会灭亡。

人は何かの犠牲なしに何も得ることはできない。何かを得るためには同等の代価が必要になる。それが、生活における等価交換の原則だ。その頃僕らは、それが世界の真実だと信じていた。時間は、最も貴重な資源である。だから、誰の時間もあなたは無駄にしてはいけないし、誰もが他の人の時間を無駄にしないでください。

erbse, keepthepast, Chadoh25, loloo, Nando_ros and 1 others liked this post
WhiteMagick no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 7th, 2014, 11:56 AM   #4542
Tolbert

Likes (Received): 1607

Entfernen die eigentlich das Kupfer-Glas im Zuge der Sanierung ?
Tolbert no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2014, 02:25 PM   #4543
gjergjkastrioti

Likes (Received): 4891

What they will do with this palace ?
gjergjkastrioti no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2014, 05:29 PM   #4544
erbse
LIBERTINED

Likes (Received): 57844

They're renovating it so it can serve its purpose for some more years to come. And for all the old commies to bid farewell, slowly but surely.

@Tolbert: The copperplated glass will be cleaned and that's it, for what I know.

🔥 Tradition doesn't mean to look after the ash, but to keep the flame alive! 🔥
erbse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2014, 05:55 PM   #4545
SonOfThomp

Likes (Received): 226

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhjo View Post
Anyone know what stood were the Hilton stands today before the war?
http://www.neumarkt-dresden.de/entwurf-hilton.html

Couldn't find any photos.

WAIT, here are some:

erbse, loloo, TimothyR, JustinHerman liked this post

Last edited by SonOfThomp; July 8th, 2014 at 12:48 AM. Reason: found pics
SonOfThomp no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2014, 12:24 AM   #4546
cameronpaul
Paris-the city beautiful

Likes (Received): 461

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingmanIII View Post
Hey, things could always be much worse; imagine what Gehry would've done to it...
Couldn't be any worse than this! The building itself is unremarkable, with the addition it will be simply horrific. If I had my way Libeskind would be shot at dawn!!
cameronpaul no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2014, 09:59 PM   #4547
keepthepast

Likes (Received): 1676

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhjo View Post
Anyone know what stood were the Hilton stands today before the war?
the photos above are better, but the NeuMarkt model in the PirnaisherPlatz facilty is supposed to be 'anatomically correct' reflection of the former buildings. Here are pics of the area where the Hilton now stands:

source: my own photos.

BringMe liked this post
keepthepast no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2014, 10:26 PM   #4548
keepthepast

With all the discussions about the inappropriateness of the modernist intrusion into the reconstruction work in Dresden, specifically the Alt Stadt areas, I had to pause and re-ignite the great joy at what has been accomplished, classically. I made a black and white version of the quintessential Dresden image, RampischeStr after its completion and the old view. Who would have thought possible 25 years ago.

source: historical archives

source: http://www.bausituation-dresden.com/

Tiaren, erbse, loloo, durden5573, Union.SLO and 8 others liked this post
Old July 11th, 2014, 07:14 PM   #4549
SonOfThomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepthepast View Post
With all the discussions about the inappropriateness of the modernist intrusion into the reconstruction work in Dresden, specifically the Alt Stadt areas, I had to pause and re-ignite the great joy at what has been accomplished, classically. I made a black and white version of the quintessential Dresden image, RampischeStr after its completion and the old view. Who would have thought possible 25 years ago.

source: http://www.bausituation-dresden.com/
Absolutely. Between bouts of utter disbelief at certain 'inconsistencies' in the fabric of the Neumarkt project, I am truly amazed that this is happening at all. It seemed so unlikely, when I first became interested in Dresden's architecture in 1983, I may as well have wished for wings.

Photodash liked this post
Old July 11th, 2014, 07:19 PM   #4550
SonOfThomp

Quote:
the photos above are better, but the NeuMarkt model in the PirnaisherPlatz facilty is supposed to be 'anatomically correct' reflection of the former buildings. Here are pics of the area where the Hilton now stands:

Any coverage in that diorama of the area where the Police Praesidium stands today? I have often wondered what it replaced.
Old July 11th, 2014, 09:38 PM   #4551
mhjo
mhji

Likes (Received): 90

Quote:

Thanks a lot. Some day they must tear down the Hilton and make more replikas.
mhjo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 27th, 2014, 06:42 PM   #4552
WhiteMagick
Moderator - Επιτηρητής

http://www.bausituation-dresden.de/

如果希腊国民继续信阴谋论,外资救世主的,不为自己的行为负责, 他们会灭亡。

人は何かの犠牲なしに何も得ることはできない。何かを得るためには同等の代価が必要になる。それが、生活における等価交換の原則だ。その頃僕らは、それが世界の真実だと信じていた。時間は、最も貴重な資源である。だから、誰の時間もあなたは無駄にしてはいけないし、誰もが他の人の時間を無駄にしないでください。

Kampflamm, cilindr0, erbse, Batavier, Jasper90 and 1 others liked this post
WhiteMagick no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2014, 05:30 PM   #4553
EagleswordTW

Likes (Received): 188

I am really impressive with all the government in Dresden and I wish more would do the same. But after reading the thread I wonder what are the plans of the pieces of land the center of Dresden Neumark? It looks like there is big laws in the center of the city witch isn't any parks, that isn't common. Will they build buildings with the old style och build something modern? I really hope they will build as it was before the war but I guess you know.
EagleswordTW no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2014, 09:52 PM   #4554
JohnnyMass
Whatever

Likes (Received): 1493

Those empty plots of land in the city centre will be built, eventually. Some of the buildings will be reconstructions and others, most likely, will be modern ones.
Old July 28th, 2014, 11:55 PM   #4555
EagleswordTW

Likes (Received): 188

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMass View Post
Those empty plots of land in the city centre will be built, eventually. Some of the buildings will be reconstructions and others, most likely, will be modern ones.
Thank you for your answer
EagleswordTW no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 29th, 2014, 07:15 PM   #4556
intervention
planning inaction

The modern or "post-modern" interpretations of older buildings generally don't bother me except .......... that little grey building that looks like it's "leaning back" into the roof. It looks terrible!
intervention no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2014, 01:15 AM   #4557
keepthepast

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyMass View Post
Are you referring to the NeuMarkt or empty plots in and around the NeuMarkt? Because the plans for the NeuMarkt are more than likely to be consistent with the rebuilding to date, that is, in more of a classic design, no?
Old July 30th, 2014, 03:50 AM   #4558
Judge Roy Beam

Likes (Received): 53

Quote:
Originally Posted by intervention View Post
The modern or "post-modern" interpretations of older buildings generally don't bother me except .......... that little grey building that looks like it's "leaning back" into the roof. It looks terrible!
Well, that grey construction would in fact make for a not half bad looking storage shed in suburbia somewhere.

Can't say I'm exactly thrilled with the other New Market "post-modern" stuff either
Judge Roy Beam no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2014, 07:51 PM   #4559
SonOfThomp

Quote:
Originally Posted by EagleswordTW View Post
I am really impressive with all the government in Dresden and I wish more would do the same. But after reading the thread I wonder what are the plans of the pieces of land the center of Dresden Neumark? It looks like there is big laws in the center of the city witch isn't any parks, that isn't common. Will they build buildings with the old style och build something modern? I really hope they will build as it was before the war but I guess you know.
So far, most of the reconstructions are historically accurate facades, with modern interiors. Here and there, a post-modernist or modernist building is inserted, for some reason. I encourage you look at the many photos thus far posted to see them. They are impossible to miss, as they don't harmonize well with the historical facades.

There is no reason to assume that the empty lots remaining won't be a similar mix.
Old July 31st, 2014, 12:22 AM   #4560
bavarian urbanist
Verdens Beste

Likes (Received): 647

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge Roy Beam View Post
Well, that grey construction would in fact make for a not half bad looking storage shed in suburbia somewhere.

Can't say I'm exactly thrilled with the other New Market "post-modern" stuff either
The grey little house is one of the best of the modern houses in the area and it is in the place of... a storage building. The fact is, there are lots of uglier buildings in old towns around the world.

Tags
classic architecture, classic europe, construction updates, dresden, reconstruction, redevelopment, rekonstrucje, rekonstruktion, sachsen