daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Architecture > European Classic Architecture and Landscapes

European Classic Architecture and Landscapes All related to historical buildings and landscapes of the old world.



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old October 10th, 2014, 08:55 PM   #4621
cilindr0
Registered User
 
cilindr0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,049
Likes (Received): 725

Some weird stuff in Dresden, new building in Weißeritzstraße:


Pictures from Bausituation, all credits to him: http://www.bausituation-dresden.de/2...zstrae-50.html







__________________
“Napoleón envidiaba a César, César envidiaba a Alejandro y Alejandro, me atrevería a decir, envidiaba a Hércules, que nunca existió.”
Bertrand Rusell

Batavier, geometarkv liked this post
cilindr0 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 10th, 2014, 09:12 PM   #4622
cinxxx
I ♥ Timişoara
 
cinxxx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: München
Posts: 22,177
Likes (Received): 18268

What the bloody hell
cinxxx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2014, 11:06 PM   #4623
photolitherland
Registered User
 
photolitherland's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 318
Likes (Received): 956

God that thing is an abomination. It is painful to look at. Was the moronic "architect" trying to make some moronic statement with his piece of shit building being next to that beautiful Victorian building? Like, "look at how abrassive this modern architecture is next to this intricately beautiful building, I am so cool, look at how I can make a statement, its like the old world meets new world and I am trying to make a statement about how much different the old is from the new man" - piece of shit architect.
__________________

Chimer, NUMERATZI, arac, Chadoh25, Piltup Man and 2 others liked this post
photolitherland no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 10th, 2014, 11:57 PM   #4624
MikkelAndersen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 787
Likes (Received): 259

Quote:
Originally Posted by cilindr0 View Post
Some weird stuff in Dresden, new building in Weißeritzstraße:


Pictures from Bausituation, all credits to him: http://www.bausituation-dresden.de/2...zstrae-50.html







Pure atrocity
__________________

UnHavrais, Slartibartfas, CF221 liked this post
MikkelAndersen está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2014, 12:31 AM   #4625
Saxonia
Registered User
 
Saxonia's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Res publica Banana
Posts: 1,057
Likes (Received): 7398

Quote:
Originally Posted by photolitherland View Post
Was the moronic "architect" trying to make some moronic statement with his piece of shit building being next to that beautiful Victorian building?
This "moronic architect" is Peter Kulka, it's is own living house. He is also responsible for the reconstruction of the Stadtschloß in Potsdam and the Residenzschloß in Dresden (the modern roof above the smaller courtyard).
__________________
"Und heute ist die Frage Kommunist oder Sozialdemokrat, die Frage: Russe oder Deutscher und wir sind für Deutsche!"
- Kurt Schumacher
Saxonia está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2014, 04:35 PM   #4626
erbse
LIBERTINED
 
erbse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: McLenBurg
Posts: 43,167
Likes (Received): 57847

Kulka is one of the last true-to-heart modernist architects. At least he lives in the shit he creates, instead of hiding in a stately decorated Gründerzeit creation.
__________________
GET FREE!
D W F


🔥 Tradition doesn't mean to look after the ash, but to keep the flame alive! 🔥

Chadoh25, Raf124 liked this post
erbse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2014, 07:41 PM   #4627
mhjo
mhji
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 152
Likes (Received): 90

When the martians see these buildings together through their telescope from Mars they will think the building to the left is the modern advanced and the Kulka one a prmitive historic relic
__________________
mhjo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2014, 08:13 PM   #4628
redstone
Lurker
 
redstone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Singapore
Posts: 14,056
Likes (Received): 52

Why such inconsistency?

Aren't there planning regulations here to control the form and appearance of buildings?
__________________
http://redstonean.deviantart.com/

CF221 liked this post
redstone no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2014, 08:21 PM   #4629
Tiaren
Registered User
 
Tiaren's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 3,702
Likes (Received): 5550

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saxonia View Post
This "moronic architect" is Peter Kulka, it's is own living house. He is also responsible for the reconstruction of the Stadtschloß in Potsdam and the Residenzschloß in Dresden (the modern roof above the smaller courtyard).
And we can thank God, for a pleasant, open minded architect, like Franco Stella, reconstructing the City Palace in Berlin...even though his east facade isn't exactly brilliant.
Tiaren no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 11th, 2014, 10:33 PM   #4630
cilindr0
Registered User
 
cilindr0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,049
Likes (Received): 725

Talking about Dresdner Residenzschloss, here you have a picture taken from me in 2012:

__________________
“Napoleón envidiaba a César, César envidiaba a Alejandro y Alejandro, me atrevería a decir, envidiaba a Hércules, que nunca existió.”
Bertrand Rusell
cilindr0 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2014, 03:04 PM   #4631
WhiteMagick
Moderator - Επιτηρητής
 
WhiteMagick's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 18,087

Neumarkt Dresden Quartier VII/2 - aktuell 09.10.2014























http://www.dresdner-bauten.de/
__________________
Ο κάθε λαός έχει το κράτος και την κυβέρνηση που του αξίζει. Καθρέφτης λαού, ἄστη αυτού.

如果希腊国民继续信阴谋论,外资救世主的,不为自己的行为负责, 他们会灭亡。

人は何かの犠牲なしに何も得ることはできない。何かを得るためには同等の代価が必要になる。それが、生活における等価交換の原則だ。その頃僕らは、それが世界の真実だと信じていた。時間は、最も貴重な資源である。だから、誰の時間もあなたは無駄にしてはいけないし、誰もが他の人の時間を無駄にしないでください。

Kampflamm, Jasper90, erbse, cilindr0, Batavier liked this post
WhiteMagick no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 12th, 2014, 09:38 PM   #4632
mhjo
mhji
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 152
Likes (Received): 90

I found a link, somewhat clumsy, but shows pictures of the castle

http://www.msu-dresden.de/locations/...enes-gewoelbe/








Quote:
Originally Posted by cilindr0 View Post
Talking about Dresdner Residenzschloss, here you have a picture taken from me in 2012:

__________________

The Eagle liked this post
mhjo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2014, 06:06 PM   #4633
mhjo
mhji
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 152
Likes (Received): 90

Any plans for reconstructing the Wackerbarth-Palais (Neustadt)?
mhjo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 17th, 2014, 11:38 PM   #4634
MikkelAndersen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 787
Likes (Received): 259

Does anyone know when the Judenhof will be finished? In half a year or so? And what about quartier three with Moritz Strasse, Pirnaische Gasse and Rampusche Gasse?
By then I believe Dresden would be more or less finished :-)

Last edited by MikkelAndersen; October 18th, 2014 at 12:09 AM.
MikkelAndersen está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 19th, 2014, 07:52 PM   #4635
SonOfThomp
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Austin TX
Posts: 290
Likes (Received): 226

"The modern age has in most cases failed with the rebuilding of old cities destroyed in the war and shown itself incapable of recreating the complex grain of places which took centuries to evolve. Clearly our modern architectural vocabulary just isn't up to the job."
(Architect Dieter Scholzel)
__________________

erbse, TimothyR, Wiederschönmachung liked this post
SonOfThomp no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2014, 05:45 PM   #4636
The Eagle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Halifax
Posts: 660
Likes (Received): 3486

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhjo View Post
Any plans for reconstructing the Wackerbarth-Palais (Neustadt)?
Is it getting hot in here, or are the questions getting better?
I shoal help! The "Wackerbarth Palace" or also called Knights Academy was situated in the city at the former Beaumont Platz Square on the Neustadt site over the River Elbe. Build between 1723 to 1729 under Bau-master Knoeffel and named after Christoph August Graf von Wackersbarth, a Saxon Duke and Field Marshal. Damaged during war. Plunder t by red army. Some collectibles made it into the States. Demolished by the DDR to erase other symbols of Power but there own.
There are no plans to reconstruct at the moment
The Eagle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2014, 06:56 PM   #4637
MikkelAndersen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 787
Likes (Received): 259

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfThomp View Post
"The modern age has in most cases failed with the rebuilding of old cities destroyed in the war and shown itself incapable of recreating the complex grain of places which took centuries to evolve. Clearly our modern architectural vocabulary just isn't up to the job."
(Architect Dieter Scholzel)

http://www.stickycustomer.com/Friend...en/neumkt2.htm
__________________

TimothyR liked this post
MikkelAndersen está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2014, 07:00 PM   #4638
The Eagle
Registered User
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Halifax
Posts: 660
Likes (Received): 3486

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkelAndersen View Post
Does anyone know when the Judenhof will be finished? In half a year or so? And what about quartier three with Moritz Strasse, Pirnaische Gasse and Rampusche Gasse?
By then I believe Dresden would be more or less finished :-)
No, does`t go that fast. First, the buildings are huge! Up to seven floors abouve ground with higher than normal ceilings. Plus two underground floors. One for tenants, the other for parking and delivery. New houses would have 10 floors complete together. (Amazing how big they were building then)

But the real problem is the city. The city in the 90`s supported the rebuild.
The plans called for three types of houses:

Complete reconstruction including material and interior walls

Facade reconstruction with basically a new blueprint behind

Fill in buildings with new and historically architecture.

The "new" mayor tried to stop the project (around 2005) The people elected him and his crew, because he can handle money very good. After the voters where outraged by his plans, he become very smart and cheeky:
He put a design and planing commission in power just for the Neumarkt.
Several Associations reacted stunned: The city wasted money to put a group in place that was doing the very same as them and they were working for free! The planning commission`s plans call almost every 6 months for outraged citizens. The mayor claims having nothing to do with it.
The Eagle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2014, 03:38 PM   #4639
MikkelAndersen
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Posts: 787
Likes (Received): 259

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eagle View Post
No, does`t go that fast. First, the buildings are huge! Up to seven floors abouve ground with higher than normal ceilings. Plus two underground floors. One for tenants, the other for parking and delivery. New houses would have 10 floors complete together. (Amazing how big they were building then)

But the real problem is the city. The city in the 90`s supported the rebuild.
The plans called for three types of houses:

Complete reconstruction including material and interior walls

Facade reconstruction with basically a new blueprint behind

Fill in buildings with new and historically architecture.

The "new" mayor tried to stop the project (around 2005) The people elected him and his crew, because he can handle money very good. After the voters where outraged by his plans, he become very smart and cheeky:
He put a design and planing commission in power just for the Neumarkt.
Several Associations reacted stunned: The city wasted money to put a group in place that was doing the very same as them and they were working for free! The planning commission`s plans call almost every 6 months for outraged citizens. The mayor claims having nothing to do with it.
Thanks for the information. Hope they leave the modern buildings a least 200-300 meters away from Neumarkt. That means the houses on the roads up to the central square should be 100 per cent baroque. At least on the outside.
MikkelAndersen está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 21st, 2014, 09:28 PM   #4640
TimothyR
Ike
 
TimothyR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Born in NYC, Living in Boston
Posts: 1,264
Likes (Received): 2085

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonOfThomp View Post
"The modern age has in most cases failed with the rebuilding of old cities destroyed in the war and shown itself incapable of recreating the complex grain of places which took centuries to evolve. Clearly our modern architectural vocabulary just isn't up to the job."
(Architect Dieter Scholzel)
We live in the first nihilist, materialist age in world history. It cannot produce anything beautiful or profound because it does not accept transcendent reality. Even beauty is no longer seen as something to be revealed - rather it is seen as something subjective and relativist.

As a result we cannot even understand our own past and the achievements of our ancestors; we no longer even acknowledge truth. We can only stand in awe and reflect on our own decadence.
__________________

“In keeping silent about evil, in burying it so deep within us that no sign of it appears on the surface, we are implanting it, and it will rise up a thousand fold in the future. When we neither punish nor reproach evildoers we are thereby ripping the foundations of justice from beneath new generations.”

“The meaning of earthly existence lies not, as we have grown used to thinking, in prospering but in the development of the soul.”
Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

"We are more closely connected to the invisible than to the visible"

-Novalis
TimothyR no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
classic architecture, classic europe, construction updates, dresden, reconstruction, redevelopment, rekonstrucje, rekonstruktion, sachsen

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu