daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Architecture > European Classic Architecture and Landscapes

European Classic Architecture and Landscapes All related to historical buildings and landscapes of the old world.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 30th, 2015, 09:32 PM   #4841
calabrone

Likes (Received): 283

Hello,

and you can go around over the Neumarkt even now from home

Here some pictures with the link to the Panorama on ouer Webplattform Arstempano. Now you can go from Hotspot to Hotspot or the red points in the map in all the streets and places in the old Town including Stallhof and Brühlsche Terrasse. The Zwinger and the "Innere Neustadt" are coming in the next weeks. The Fotos are taken in 2012 and 2014. In the next month we will produce Infocards with Informations over the buildings. When the next Buliding is finish we make an Update. Sorry for my english, but I hope it is possible to understand.

Regards Andreas

Link to Töpferstraße/Frauenkirche

Link to Schlossplatz/Napoleonstein

Link to Theaterplatz by Night

Link to Taschenbergpalais

Link to Kanzleigässchen/Relief Palucca

Link to Roßapotheke/Südeingang Stallhof

Link to British Hotel

Link to Landhaus

Link to Heinrich Schütz Haus / Köhlersches Haus

Link to Rampische Strasse 25-33

Link to Kurländer Palais

Link to Rampische Str./Schießgasse

Link to Kunsthalle/Georg-Treu-Platz / Eingang Festung Dresden

Link to Stallhof Dresden / Osteingang

Link to Georgentor/Durchfahrt

Last edited by calabrone; March 30th, 2015 at 09:54 PM.
calabrone no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 31st, 2015, 06:18 AM   #4842
TimothyR
Ike

Likes (Received): 2085

Really quite wonderful

“In keeping silent about evil, in burying it so deep within us that no sign of it appears on the surface, we are implanting it, and it will rise up a thousand fold in the future. When we neither punish nor reproach evildoers we are thereby ripping the foundations of justice from beneath new generations.”

“The meaning of earthly existence lies not, as we have grown used to thinking, in prospering but in the development of the soul.”
Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

"We are more closely connected to the invisible than to the visible"

-Novalis

Zaz965 liked this post
TimothyR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 2nd, 2015, 03:48 PM   #4843
SonOfThomp

Likes (Received): 226

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eagle View Post
Those are Stalin Style city owned apartments for middle income tenants here in downtown. Since the city is booming there are almost no apartments available. The major is against reconstruction. The buildings destroyed were from the 1890`s and the city has no financial pressure to privatize those houses, full with voters.
Here is a thread dealing with the buildings that were along Wildruffer Strasse prior to 1945:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1607530

I personally find some of them quite interesting, particularly the one on the NW corner of Moritz-Strasse and Koenig-Johann-Strasse.

Zaz965 liked this post

Last edited by SonOfThomp; April 12th, 2015 at 02:19 AM.
SonOfThomp no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 9th, 2015, 12:28 AM   #4844
MikkelAndersen

Likes (Received): 259

Does anyone know when the Jüdenhof will be finished?

Zaz965 liked this post
MikkelAndersen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2015, 08:48 PM   #4845
WhiteMagick
Moderator - Επιτηρητής

Neumarkt Dresden Quartier VII/2 - aktuell 24.03.2015

http://www.dresdner-bauten.de/

如果希腊国民继续信阴谋论,外资救世主的,不为自己的行为负责, 他们会灭亡。

人は何かの犠牲なしに何も得ることはできない。何かを得るためには同等の代価が必要になる。それが、生活における等価交換の原則だ。その頃僕らは、それが世界の真実だと信じていた。時間は、最も貴重な資源である。だから、誰の時間もあなたは無駄にしてはいけないし、誰もが他の人の時間を無駄にしないでください。
WhiteMagick no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2015, 08:50 PM   #4846
WhiteMagick
Moderator - Επιτηρητής

Neumarkt Quartier IV/3 - Friesengasse/ Landhausstraße - aktuell 25.03.2015

http://www.dresdner-bauten.de/

人は何かの犠牲なしに何も得ることはできない。何かを得るためには同等の代価が必要になる。それが、生活における等価交換の原則だ。その頃僕らは、それが世界の真実だと信じていた。時間は、最も貴重な資源である。だから、誰の時間もあなたは無駄にしてはいけないし、誰もが他の人の時間を無駄にしないでください。
Old April 18th, 2015, 02:41 PM   #4847
Fudgis

Likes (Received): 134

I have visited Dresden only once, back in 1991 when this area was still a bare open wasteland of a space, with the heap of blackened rubble that used to be the Frauenkirche at its centre. I'll never forget the sense of melancholy that place had, the air was heavy with the tragedy of history.

I am delighted to see that depressing sight is no more and has been changed beyond all recognition, so am eager to return when the work is finished. This progress is truly remarkable and a real inspiration, showing what can be done where will power (and funding of course!) can be found to regain what has been lost. Time and again we are told 'what has gone is gone' and can't be replaced, but Dresden triumphantly appears to be proving otherwise.
Old April 18th, 2015, 11:40 PM   #4848
MikkelAndersen

When will Jüdenhof be finished?

Zaz965 liked this post
Old April 20th, 2015, 12:46 AM   #4849
The Eagle

Likes (Received): 3484

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikkelAndersen View Post
When will Jüdenhof be finished?
Now, I spend an half hour looking the german forum, (They have 136 Threats for Dresden alone, not included pictures and there is also a second forum) and have had trouble finding that info with so much to read What I found is 2017 as date for tenants to move in. In late 2016 the first Coffee shops could start moving chairs.

erbse, EagleswordTW, JustinHerman, Zaz965 liked this post
The Eagle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2015, 01:17 PM   #4850
MikkelAndersen

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Eagle View Post
Now, I spend an half hour looking the german forum, (They have 136 Threats for Dresden alone, not included pictures and there is also a second forum) and have had trouble finding that info with so much to read What I found is 2017 as date for tenants to move in. In late 2016 the first Coffee shops could start moving chairs.
Thanks. This will to me be the last part missing before I will go there .

Zaz965 liked this post
Old April 23rd, 2015, 02:21 AM   #4851
JustinHerman

Likes (Received): 169

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfpaw View Post
You can clearly see the bombed out ruins of the Kaiserpalast here:

And before the war:

http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirnaischer_Platz
Wolfpaw, you have provided the identification of a neighborhood I've been trying to identify since I saw an old photo of it - days and days ago. Thank you so very much!

Zaz965 liked this post
JustinHerman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2015, 12:31 PM   #4852
Fudgis

Likes (Received): 134

The first photo I ever saw of Dresden was similar to one of those above, featuring the shell of the devastated Kaiserpalast prominently, an image that stayed with me, so much that I was disappointed not to be able to locate the building when I visited Dresden in 1991, but was hardly surprised to find it had long gone.

I wonder what the chances are of it too making a comeback when the Neumarkt is finished? I have my doubts, given that the Kaiserpalast was such a florid essay in heavily ornamented Neo-Baroque, therefore an extremely costly undertaking with that riot of carved stonework, and also in a style that many are dismissive of. But then given what an imposing landmark it was, on a currently empty plot close to the edge of the Neumarkt, dare we dream or hope....?

JustinHerman, UrbanMyth, Zaz965 liked this post
Fudgis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2015, 02:04 PM   #4853
keepthepast

Likes (Received): 1676

In 1987 on my first trip to Dresden, the thought of rebuilding the Neumarkt was laughed at. There is always hope, especially when the empty lots remain empty. Once new construction takes over, it is a long, long time before a tear down and renovation may occur.

I've seen some plans for developing the Pirnaischerplatz but none have included rebuilding the Kaiserpalast. It will take a "movement" similar to that for the Frauenkirche, I suspect.

Fudgis, JustinHerman, UrbanMyth, Zaz965 liked this post
keepthepast no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2015, 04:18 PM   #4854
Titan Man
Ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-nana

Likes (Received): 718

Maybe it wouldn't be that hard to make those ornaments. Chinese printed a house few months ago, I guess we could use 3D printers to print ornaments.

erbse, The Eagle, AUTOTHRILL, Zaz965 liked this post
Titan Man no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2015, 06:42 PM   #4855
keepthepast

Likes (Received): 1676

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan Man View Post
Maybe it wouldn't be that hard to make those ornaments. Chinese printed a house few months ago, I guess we could use 3D printers to print ornaments.
Yes, making the exterior finishes would be reasonably easy to obtain. It is getting the designs and architectural plans produced that would be the more difficult part.

People are funny. You can walk through any of several newly built, modern, highly appointed hotels and restaurants and other retail venues in Dresden (or Berlin etc), and the artwork dominating the walls are photographs of buildings like Kaiserpalast and Frauenkirche, etc. Clearly more interesting and pleasing than the new constructions, but developers and planners are so afraid to 'go back'.

Fudgis, The Eagle, Zaz965 liked this post
keepthepast no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2015, 07:49 PM   #4856
WhiteMagick
Moderator - Επιτηρητής

Sanierungsarbeiten am Wallpavillon und der Sempergalerie bis Ende 2017

http://www.bausituation-dresden.de/2015/04/zwinger.html

Old April 23rd, 2015, 11:37 PM   #4857
Titan Man
Ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-nana

Likes (Received): 718

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepthepast View Post
Yes, making the exterior finishes would be reasonably easy to obtain. It is getting the designs and architectural plans produced that would be the more difficult part.

People are funny. You can walk through any of several newly built, modern, highly appointed hotels and restaurants and other retail venues in Dresden (or Berlin etc), and the artwork dominating the walls are photographs of buildings like Kaiserpalast and Frauenkirche, etc. Clearly more interesting and pleasing than the new constructions, but developers and planners are so afraid to 'go back'.
People are fools, I'd say. I don't understand why is reconstruction of the buildings such a big deal. I have a feeling that Germans think of their modern cities as punishment for what their ancestors did. Maybe I got it all wrong, but if I'm not, I think it's just STUPID to punish yourself just because of your ancestors' crimes.

Zaz965 liked this post
Titan Man no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2015, 07:54 PM   #4858
Tiaren

Likes (Received): 5550

Some of you might find it interesting, that Disney artists/designers almost completely copied the Dresden Zwinger as the royal palace in the new life action Cinderella movie:

The just gave the Zwinger an additional floor and copy pasted the Kronentor tower here on there on the roofline.

Kronentor:
Dresden, Zwinger Kronentor by Polybert49, on Flickr

Zaz965 liked this post
Tiaren no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2015, 09:13 AM   #4859
Hertog

Likes (Received): 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan Man View Post
People are fools, I'd say. I don't understand why is reconstruction of the buildings such a big deal. I have a feeling that Germans think of their modern cities as punishment for what their ancestors did. Maybe I got it all wrong, but if I'm not, I think it's just STUPID to punish yourself just because of your ancestors' crimes.
Maybe there is a psychological component as well, but can't the answer simply be 'money'? I have no idea about the costs involved in a full reconstruction, but I am guessing it will be a lot more than a simple, modern design - especially if the reconstruction is to be done faithfully.

Zaz965 liked this post
Hertog no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2015, 09:19 AM   #4860
Hertog

Likes (Received): 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiaren View Post
The just gave the Zwinger an additional floor and copy pasted the Kronentor tower here on there on the roofline.
They have also rotated the pavilions and added a curve to the connecting galleries. Nicely done, and also good news for the Zwinger as, according to this article (in German) Disney paid 'a very nice amount' in licensing fees.

Zaz965 liked this post
Hertog no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
classic architecture, classic europe, construction updates, dresden, reconstruction, redevelopment, rekonstrucje, rekonstruktion, sachsen