daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Architecture > European Classic Architecture and Landscapes

European Classic Architecture and Landscapes All related to historical buildings and landscapes of the old world.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 3rd, 2016, 04:34 PM   #5241
Titan Man
Ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-nana

Likes (Received): 719

Could you elaborate more on your post, Fabouninou?

Sponsored Links
Old January 3rd, 2016, 05:49 PM   #5242
william of waco

Likes (Received): 258

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titan Man View Post
Could you elaborate more on your post, Fabouninou?
Its usually the trolls who give no explanation for their childish opinions.
Old January 3rd, 2016, 08:58 PM   #5243
Howdy-do

Likes (Received): 91

Lol if there were a Playmobilcity's version of Dresden, I'd probably buy it.

Anyway, that's an absolutely astonishing reconstruction going on in Dresden. I admire the hard work put in this project and the results are simply amazing. I wish other European cities could learn from this, but sadly many of them just don't give two hoots how terrible the conditions of their historical buildings are... they just let the buildings collapse by themselves.

Back to Dresden, the historical façades have been gorgeously reconstructed but I'm a bit worried about the filler designs. I frankly prefer a (moderate) historicising design instead of a cringe-worthy modern one

Keep up the good work!
Old January 8th, 2016, 04:51 PM   #5244
cilindr0

Likes (Received): 725

Busmannkapelle:

How it was before:

erbse liked this post
cilindr0 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2016, 11:45 PM   #5245
White Light
Shines in the dark...

Likes (Received): 943

I have quite a problem to like this...

Way to much visually, saying to little about past days...
Roof is a mistake...

Believe in architecture..........

Last edited by White Light; January 9th, 2016 at 02:36 PM.
White Light está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2016, 01:39 AM   #5246
Slartibartfas

Likes (Received): 5826

No reconstruction whatsoever would have been far better than this "reconstruction". The roof structure is especially terrible.
Old January 9th, 2016, 05:30 PM   #5247
JustinHerman

Likes (Received): 169

It looks like no architect - or any skilled labor for that matter - were involved in the construction of either this, or the modern building behind it. They should demolish both (no great loss) and just rebuild the church.
Old January 9th, 2016, 07:21 PM   #5248
Titan Man
Ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-nana

It feels to me that they practically raped the whole memorial with the roof structure. It doesn't look like a memorial anymore, but like some cheap communist leftover. It would actually look decent without it, even though I would still prefer the reconstruction of the church, two more towers can only do good to Dresden's skyline.
Old January 9th, 2016, 11:30 PM   #5249
calabrone

Likes (Received): 283

On Arstempano you can see now a gallary with all the flat panoramas from Jüdenhof Dresden from 2012 or 2030. In the bottum inside of the galery you can find a link to the 360° pano in the tour. After this we will go forward to Schloßstraße and after this the Newmarket with Palais Hoym.
The second thing is - in the tourplaner now you can find all the infocards from the panotour. In the past we had only the cards from the map and the catalogue inside the tourplaner.

Salve Andreas

here some impressions from the gallery

tourplaner - Dresden - Architektur 1650 - 1800

Jüdenhof Dresden 2012 am Eingang zum Johanneum

Jüdenhof Dresaden 2030 am Eingang zum Johanneum

Jüdenhof Dresden / Ecke Sporergasse 2012

Jüdenhof Dresden / Ecke Sporergasse 2030

Old January 11th, 2016, 01:47 AM   #5250
ChinaBRICS
BANNED

Likes (Received): 496

Once I've seen Dresden's old grid superimposed on bew grid.
Someone knows where can I find it again?

There were tons of possible reconstructions without any street works.
I don't know why Dresden municipalily doesn't sell those empty plots even if grid wouldn't be 100% original from the first moment. It could generate a lot of investments and new jobs and help recovering historical Dresden's atmosphere quite fast. Plus, if all plots are put on sale at the same time and reconstruted, it could ease home access to a wider part of population while consolidating Neumarkt area and attrackting more tourism.

erbse liked this post
ChinaBRICS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2016, 10:56 AM   #5251
ZaMa342

Likes (Received): 28

Hope to see it earlier than in 2030...
I visited Dresden last March and I (again) realised the 20th century urbanism is never going to make you feel as comfortable and cosy in the city like the urbanism of pre - functionalism. It's sad that contemporary architecture is not able to give us better places and we have to turn back.
Old January 16th, 2016, 11:21 PM   #5252
Mruczek
Warrior of Excel

Likes (Received): 13458

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinaBRICS View Post

I don't know why Dresden municipalily doesn't sell those empty plots even if grid wouldn't be 100% original from the first moment. It could generate a lot of investments and new jobs and help recovering historical Dresden's atmosphere quite fast. Plus, if all plots are put on sale at the same time and reconstruted, it could ease home access to a wider part of population while consolidating Neumarkt area and attrackting more tourism.
Because Erbse will be unhappy with the fact that they aren't accurate reconstructions
Barcelona Budapeszt Grodno Kowno Madryt Moskwa Ukraina

Titan Man liked this post
Mruczek no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2016, 01:00 AM   #5253
Titan Man
Ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-nana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mruczek View Post
Because Erbse will be unhappy with the fact that they aren't accurate reconstructions
As a matter of fact, specifically for that reason I'm happy they don't sell the plots. God knows what "90s Prager Strasse-like" abomination could've been thrown at those sites. They should probably wait for the Neumarkt to be finished and then see what kind of buildings citizens want since they can't really fully enjoy and experience Neumarkt because it's still a huge construction site.

Also, we all know that Neumarkt is not an accurate reconstruction, it's actually pretty far from that, but at least we are getting something. Hope they'll improve the quality of reconstruction in some other possible future reconstruction projects in the city (Neustädter Rathaus and the surrounding buildings, for example).

Mruczek, erbse, keepthepast liked this post
Titan Man no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2016, 03:13 AM   #5254
ChinaBRICS
BANNED

Quote:

I said "even if GRID woudn't be 100% original", I wasn't talking about buildings.
Of course buildings must have original facade faithfully reconstructed.

Once those plots sell, municipality can use the money to reconstruct old grid.
Municipality should start selling plots on avenues or where most people walk, or on streets that connect Neumarkt with other popular consolidated places. Projects should be mandatorily built in a certain period of time in order to avoid futher real state speculation.

I think something good can come out from this forum!
Maybe we can generate some graphics of this proposal and distribute them online to push public opinion and generate social demand in this sense.

I've seen great render reconstruction done by forumers, maybe they would like to contribute with their art.

Dresden is an example for the world wright now, it's resurrection simbolises German reconstruction too, it should be pushed forward more strongly.

keepthepast, erbse liked this post

Last edited by ChinaBRICS; January 17th, 2016 at 09:10 PM.
Old January 18th, 2016, 09:15 AM   #5255
Mruczek
Warrior of Excel

Likes (Received): 13458

Quote:
I said "even if GRID woudn't be 100% original", I wasn't talking about buildings.
Of course buildings must have original facade faithfully reconstructed.
How do you imagine "faithful" reconstruction without maintaining original plots of land?

Quote:
Once those plots sell, municipality can use the money to reconstruct old grid.
???

How would you like to reconstruct old grid AFTER construction is done?

Quote:
As a matter of fact, specifically for that reason I'm happy they don't sell the plots. God knows what "90s Prager Strasse-like" abomination could've been thrown at those sites.
Actually isn't Pragerstrasse from 1960s?
Barcelona Budapeszt Grodno Kowno Madryt Moskwa Ukraina
Mruczek no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2016, 03:32 PM   #5256
Titan Man
Ba-ba-ba-ba-ba-nana

Quote:

Actually isn't Pragerstrasse from 1960s?
I was referring to the additions that were built after the fall of communism, but you can also add the communist part of the street, as well.
Old January 18th, 2016, 04:47 PM   #5257
keepthepast

Likes (Received): 1677

Quote:
How do you imagine "faithful" reconstruction without maintaining original plots of land?
You're being contrary just to be contrary, again. Of course reconstructions can be built accurately even if the street, open space, and adjacent structure grids surrounding them is altered a few feet here and there. And as ChinaBRICS said, once in place, the plans and/or reconstructions will garner greater support to further adjust the old grid, if desired, as we have seen with the (not so successful to date) efforts around the kulturpalast.

ChinaBRICS liked this post
keepthepast no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2016, 04:58 PM   #5258
keepthepast

Likes (Received): 1677

Quote:
As a matter of fact, specifically for that reason I'm happy they don't sell the plots. God knows what "90s Prager Strasse-like" abomination could've been thrown at those sites.
Agree. The rush to renovate and upgrade from 45 years of communism and 6 years of war was too great to stem the tide to just "build, build, build". The 90s parts of Prager Strasse are simply fresher versions of the commie blocks built previously; they thought the use of mostly glass would change the affect. Ha, ha. It did not take that high of an IQ to have seen what was going on in the Neumarkt--and the potential for the future--before they set the stage for the Prager Strasse debacles. There seems to be no accounting for the abominations people are willing to throw at any site, anywhere.

Quite frankly, the most prime area that SHOULD be targeted next for an accurate reconstruction is Parnaischer Platz, right next to the Neumarkt and it would make a sensible and seamless extension of the Neumarkt work.

ChinaBRICS, Tolbert liked this post
keepthepast no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2016, 05:19 PM   #5259
erbse
LIBERTINED

Likes (Received): 57899

I don't have high stakes for the Pirnaischer Platz anytime soon. Don't expect any magic there.

Neustädter Markt is where the focus needs to be put on. GHND already picked up on it and the city wants to elaborate on an urban concept. I recently introduced the charming Narrenhäusel here, a possible reconstruction right at the Neustadt quarter "entrance" from the Augustus Bridge. The great thing about a larger project there is that it'd connect an actual existing, largely original baroque area (Innere Neustadt) with the reconstructed old town on the other Elbe side. It'd create some kind of Prague/Charles Bridge situation potentially, as they're also thinking about turning Augustus Bridge into a pedestrian one.

🔥 Tradition doesn't mean to look after the ash, but to keep the flame alive! 🔥

ChinaBRICS, Titan Man liked this post
erbse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 18th, 2016, 06:21 PM   #5260
ChinaBRICS
BANNED

If it´d depend on me, I'd go first with Pirsnaischer Platz and Georgplazt simultaneously, then Freiberger Strasse in order to connect beautiful Lobtau with Altstadt.
The advantge of this is it's full of empty plots belonging to government.

Then I'd continue with all St Petersburger Str that is also full of empty plots that are supposed to be parks now.

But I think the easiest and faster part to reconstruct and develop is all the neighbourhood between the Zwinger Palais and Dresden-Mitte station.
This parts keeps many original buildings and have tons of empty plots. Plus, it's very livable! 90% of Sweriner Str is possible to reconstruct without a single demolition.
Schutzenplatz would also be a wonderful place to live, And I bet hotels would kill for having a plot on Postplatz.

I think is better to consolidate Altstadt first rather than connecting Neumarkt with Neustadt cause even if it's connected, Dresden will continue being a disconnected city in it's core. Elbe is beautiful but it's still a 400m urban barrier.

What happened with this?
https://mopo24.de/nachrichten/postpl...auprojekt-4280
They plan reconstrutions or they continue losing opportunities and destroying Dresdens future?

SonOfThomp liked this post

Tags
classic architecture, classic europe, construction updates, dresden, reconstruction, redevelopment, rekonstrucje, rekonstruktion, sachsen