daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers General news, discussion and announcement forum about skyscrapers, including the Skyscraper Living forum

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 15th, 2009, 12:15 PM   #21
dachacon

Likes (Received): 164

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gherkin View Post
You could look at it another way and ask where in the world building regulations would allow you to build with such low ceiling heights! I know the bare minimum height in England is 2.2m, but rarely do you see new build homes with ceilings this low (saying that, I live in high rise student flats and my ceiling is 2.25m).
i believe that here in Los Angeles the lowest you can build is 7ft. from floor to ceiling. but floor to floor i don't know i'm guessing around 8ft. though the normal height for ceilings is 10 to 12ft. for residential and 11 to 15ft. for commercial. funny enough the poorer you are the lower your ceiling typically is. extra height is an extra luxury whether its a single family house or condo.

chicagos aqua's condo tower is under 10ft. which is pretty unusual i didnt expect 10ft ceiling until we were forced to because of the 2000ft federal height limit.
dachacon no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 29th, 2010, 08:00 AM   #22
Jim856796

Likes (Received): 847

The Intraco I in Warsaw probably has the lowest floor-to-ceiling height of any office tower in the world at a height per floor ratio of 2.74 meters. An office tower should have a height per floor ratio of no less than 3 meters.

You support the good projects... and oppose the bad.
Jim856796 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2010, 02:34 PM   #23
Jim856796

Likes (Received): 847

A parking garage in the highrise wall of the Presidente Vargas Avenue in Rio de Janeiro(named EGA) has 33 floors and a height of 252 feet (77 metres). That adds to a ratio of 7.63 feet (2.33 metres). All the rest of the buildings in the wall have 23 floors.

You support the good projects... and oppose the bad.
Jim856796 no está en línea   Reply With Quote