daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers General news, discussion and announcement forum about skyscrapers, including the Skyscraper Living forum

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 7th, 2006, 07:12 AM   #321
Manila-X
PINOY MOD

Likes (Received): 2571

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanghai City View Post
Shanghai
Tokyo
Osaka
Beijing
maybe Jakarta???
Jakarta? NO WAY!!! Ok the city may have alot of developments but it's far from being advanced as Tokyo or HK.

Representing The Pinoy Community here in SSC!
Manila-X no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 7th, 2006, 07:17 AM   #322
pedang
One Malaysia

Likes (Received): 83

Putrajaya
Old December 7th, 2006, 07:34 AM   #323
Manila-X
PINOY MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedang View Post
Putrajaya
Putrajaya is well planned but not the most futuristic.

Old December 7th, 2006, 08:04 AM   #324
Skyprince
Asian boi

There is only one answer : TOKYO ! Definitely Tokyo. Tokyo is very organized, boasts the latest technology, no visible poverty, no slums, superbly clean, well-restored relics of the past..

Hong Kong , a futuristic city ??? Muahahahahahahahahahahahaaaa....... this is the biggest joke I`ve ever heard so far !

Hong Kong is full of many old, dirty, rundown scrapers ! I have to say that KL and Seoul , even SHENYANG are more futuristic than Hong Kong !

My ranking

WORLD RANKING
Tokyo
Fukuoka
Nagoya
Saitama City
Sapporo
Miyazaki
Yokohama
Kawasaki
Hakodate
Kobe

( Yes, all top 10 futuristic cities are in Japan ! )

RANKING OUTSIDE JAPAN

Brisbane
Melbourne
Perth
Vancouver
Taipei
Toronto
Sydney
Montreal

Last edited by Skyprince; December 7th, 2006 at 08:12 AM.
Skyprince no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2006, 08:40 AM   #325
Manila-X
PINOY MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyprince View Post
There is only one answer : TOKYO ! Definitely Tokyo. Tokyo is very organized, boasts the latest technology, no visible poverty, no slums, superbly clean, well-restored relics of the past..

Hong Kong , a futuristic city ??? Muahahahahahahahahahahahaaaa....... this is the biggest joke I`ve ever heard so far !

Hong Kong is full of many old, dirty, rundown scrapers ! I have to say that KL and Seoul , even SHENYANG are more futuristic than Hong Kong !

My ranking

WORLD RANKING
Tokyo
Fukuoka
Nagoya
Saitama City
Sapporo
Miyazaki
Yokohama
Kawasaki
Hakodate
Kobe

( Yes, all top 10 futuristic cities are in Japan ! )

RANKING OUTSIDE JAPAN

Brisbane
Melbourne
Perth
Vancouver
Taipei
Toronto
Sydney
Montreal
Almost all of your comments in HK are negative!

Old December 7th, 2006, 09:05 AM   #326
Skyprince
Asian boi

It`s not all negative about Hong Kong !

I really like Hong Kong airport and HK transport infrastructures. But it seems that you always want to show as if HK is the greatest, the most perfect city in all terms of developments but, no way !

You call HK a futuristic city ? Then go to area around Tsim Cha Shui station and look then judge by your own if you can call HK a `futuristic city ` ?

In Japanese cities I have never found any `dark` side or any signs of poverty --Tokyo is an old city like HK, but I didn`t find any rusty, rundown buildings like in Hong Kong. How come you call your city futuristic if there are thousands of nude homeless people sleeping on the dirty and smelly streets, during the cold night ? Where is the welfare system to help these people out of poverty ?

In terms of building density, there is no other winner but HONG KONG !
But when it comes to technology, the answer is Japan. Hong Kong doesn`t come near to Japanese cities when it`s to judge which city is the most futuristic.
Old December 7th, 2006, 09:17 AM   #327
Skyprince
Asian boi

Quote:
Tokyo doesn't have a tram network. Hong Kong does! But Tokyo on the other has a modern railway network.

Personally I think Hong Kong's neon lights are more attractive than Tokyo's! Hong Kong was the first to develop a smart card system.

I don't look at Shanghai as a futuristic city except the skyscrapers of Pudong and that around People's Square. But what about the city's transportation system? Singapore's transportation system looks more modern than Shanghai's. Shanghai though has a nice subway system modeled after Hong Kong and a maglev system that runs from the airport to the city.

Tokyo is futuristic but to me, it's not as futuristic as HK!
Muahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

What a big joke, WANCH !

Tokyo not as futuristic as Hong Kong ???? Whaaaaat ?
Tokyo `s subway has 300+ stations, how many does Hong Kong have ??

I really admire Japan because there is balanced developmental progress in every part of its cities.

But in Hong Kong, I arrived in one station surrounded by gleaming state of de art supertalls, then when I arrived at another station I am in the middle of Third-World dumping site !
Old December 7th, 2006, 09:32 AM   #328
Manila-X
PINOY MOD

Quote:
It`s not all negative about Hong Kong !

I really like Hong Kong airport and HK transport infrastructures. But it seems that you always want to show as if HK is the greatest, the most perfect city in all terms of developments but, no way !

You call HK a futuristic city ? Then go to area around Tsim Cha Shui station and look then judge by your own if you can call HK a `futuristic city ` ?

In Japanese cities I have never found any `dark` side or any signs of poverty --Tokyo is an old city like HK, but I didn`t find any rusty, rundown buildings like in Hong Kong. How come you call your city futuristic if there are thousands of nude homeless people sleeping on the dirty and smelly streets, during the cold night ? Where is the welfare system to help these people out of poverty ?

But when it comes to technology, the answer is Japan. Hong Kong doesn`t come near to Japanese cities when it`s to judge which city is the most futuristic.
I'm not saying that HK is the greatest city in the world. But HK is among the greatest and alot of people will also agree.

The issue of poverty or having a large number of dilapidated buildings is not an issue of measuring futurism in a city but more on it's infrastructure and technology. Even some of the most developed cities in the world will have it's own share of poverty even in Japanese cities like Osaka.

Why am I saying HK is futuristic. Ok put the skyline out of the picture. One example is the SMART system.

First, HK has developed a SMART CARD system that we call The Octopus Card. It is sort of an electronic money or pass where you can pay your transit fare or even buying food or drink at a local 7-11 or a Mc Donalds. It is successful that other countries have adapted this system such as Singapore (EZ-Link) or Japan (Suica).

Another, HK has the SMART ID card system in which our id card is computerized. One major advantage of this is instead of waiting in line at the immigration counter at the airport or at the Shenzhen border, you can just go to those express booths, scan your card and you're through.

And third and I think I have mentioned it many times is the airport. Ok we have nice airport coming out like Incheon, KLIA, Suvarnabumi, etc but HK is one of the first in Asia to have such as modern airport.

There are more and I'll explain it next time.

Old December 7th, 2006, 09:35 AM   #329
Skyprince
Asian boi

WANCH, I post two just now. Read the SECOND one. You said old, dilapidated buildings should not count. But see, you MADE that remark on Shanghai !
Old December 7th, 2006, 09:52 AM   #330
Manila-X
PINOY MOD

Quote:
WANCH, I post two just now. Read the SECOND one. You said old, dilapidated buildings should not count. But see, you MADE that remark on Shanghai !
I never said that Shanghai's buildings are dilapidated. I only said the the skyscrapers in Pudong and Puxi look futuristic.

Old December 7th, 2006, 10:04 AM   #331
Bond James Bond
Licence to kill.

I'm gonna go against the grain here and vote for Phoenix as the world's most futuristic city. Stuff like this is what futurists of the 30's-60's used to dream about: People being liberated by cars and freeways. Everyone gets their own house. A highly machinated entity existing not just on the automobile but other machines and technology as well - air conditioning, massive water projects, you name it. It is an entity that exists not just independent of nature, but even in spite of it.

Bond James Bond no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2006, 11:05 AM   #332
Manila-X
PINOY MOD

Phoenix? HELL YEAH!!!

Old December 7th, 2006, 12:24 PM   #333
archy_

Likes (Received): 0

tokyo futuristic???...in what way?....japanese are advancing technology, but Tokyo's skyline and other staff aren't fuuristic at all...they just have different culture which isn't futuristic !

Futurism is in Dubai !
archy_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2006, 12:31 PM   #334
Manila-X
PINOY MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by archy_ View Post
tokyo futuristic???...in what way?....japanese are advancing technology, but Tokyo's skyline and other staff aren't fuuristic at all...they just have different culture which isn't futuristic !

Futurism is in Dubai !
Tokyo's got some futuristic looking scrapers if you happen to ask me

Old December 7th, 2006, 12:56 PM   #335
Skyprince
Asian boi

Dubai is futuristic ??? This is another big joke !!!

Dubai scrapers are great, but still the dark side exists.

Kudos to Japan for its technological achievements and wise urban plannings.
Old December 7th, 2006, 01:43 PM   #336
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 17790

Quote:
Muahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

What a big joke, WANCH !

Tokyo not as futuristic as Hong Kong ???? Whaaaaat ?
Tokyo `s subway has 300+ stations, how many does Hong Kong have ??

I really admire Japan because there is balanced developmental progress in every part of its cities.

But in Hong Kong, I arrived in one station surrounded by gleaming state of de art supertalls, then when I arrived at another station I am in the middle of Third-World dumping site !
The number of subway stations has very little meaning to futurism. Tokyo's subway is fairly old, like New York and London. Just because there are more stations doesn't mean the city is automatically futuristic. That's a logical flaw.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2006, 01:47 PM   #337
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 17790

Quote:

The dark side does exist in Japan. It has been over 10 years since their property bubble bursted, and a lot of suicides and negative equity cases later, their Nikkei is still about half the level of its peak, and a painful economic restructuring is yet to come. There are a lot of homeless people in Japan, but because they feel ashamed of themselves, they're not readily seen on the streets.

A futuristic society does not mean everyone is doing well. The US is very futuristic at the military levels, and the technology slowly filters down to the civilians, yet it is also a very poor country at the other extreme.

A welfare system is not a sign of futurism either. A too inclusive social safety net discourages entrepreneurialism and free enterprise, which will stagnate an economy, slowing growth. This is contrary to the need to continue development to gain a technological futuristic edge.

That being said, from a technology point of view, Japan is light years ahead of the rest of the world. That is certain.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2006, 02:07 PM   #338
Pax Sinica
Rise of SERES

Likes (Received): 0

The dark side, serious juvenile problems also do exist in Japan. Schoolgirls spread their legs for money after school, bullying in every school & every class, otaku hiding at home for years playing PlayStation or watching hentai, suicide, stressful life, campus/family homicide, list goes on.... You can always find some shit on someone else, provided that you dislike him/her. This will effectively blind your eyes from seeing other good side of the person.
Pax Sinica no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2006, 03:41 AM   #339
Skyprince
Asian boi

Hello you guyz-- stick to the topic Okay !! We are now discussing about the most futuristic city ! The answer is only one : TOKYO

Hong Kong is maybe 5000th in my list.
Old December 8th, 2006, 04:30 AM   #340
_BPS_
678 999 8212

Likes (Received): 2562

Hong Kong, and Dubai in a few years. I'm not sure about Shanghai and the Chinese cities.
_BPS_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote