daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers General news, discussion and announcement forum about skyscrapers, including the Skyscraper Living forum

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 10th, 2006, 07:15 AM   #361
Manila-X
PINOY MOD

Likes (Received): 2582

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pax Sinica View Post
Forgive them, traditionally native Malays have a strong anti-Chinese sentiment. He said HK island has only 2 MTR stations and HK is the 5000th city on his list. We can now confirm all these anti-Chinese rumours, at least true for some notable number of people in Malaysia. They should be glad that such brainless anti-Malay sentiment doesn't exist in HK.
Hey my mom's Malay but she doesn't feel this way with HK Chinese or Chinese in general. She loves HK. But there sure are alot of them in South East Asia.

I happen to be South East Asian myself but I get along with most HKers.

As for Indonesia, yes they had the riots and alot of Chinese establishments had to defend themselves.

Representing The Pinoy Community here in SSC!
Manila-X no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 11th, 2006, 05:07 AM   #362
Skyprince
Asian boi

Yes I am a Malay, but most of my friends are Malaysian Chinese and Malaysian Indians. It seems that you guys have never been to Malaysia or at least having a lil bit info about Malaysian culture.

And racism ?? Here it goes..

I said it before that even SHENYANG seems more futuristic than HK, so there is no racism here.

My girlfriend is a Chinese lady from Jilin Province.

Your statements are very dangerous, because Malaysia is a land of remarkable social harmony

My opinion says, Hong Kong has many gleaming and glassy skyscrapers, but also there are many dirty unrestored buildings which placed it behind many other cities. Tokyo and thousands of other Japanese cities , are able to keep their buildings well-maintained and utilizable though they are as old as Hong Kong.

I misread the map, HK Island has 14 MTR stations. I refered it to Kowloon. But still that is peanuts compared to 400+ stations in London and 300+ stations in Tokyo compared to the total number of MTR stations in HK

And I could harly find any Vending Machines in HK !
Skyprince está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2006, 06:01 AM   #363
Manila-X
PINOY MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyprince View Post
Yes I am a Malay, but most of my friends are Malaysian Chinese and Malaysian Indians. It seems that you guys have never been to Malaysia or at least having a lil bit info about Malaysian culture.

And racism ?? Here it goes..

I said it before that even SHENYANG seems more futuristic than HK, so there is no racism here.

My girlfriend is a Chinese lady from Jilin Province.

Your statements are very dangerous, because Malaysia is a land of remarkable social harmony

My opinion says, Hong Kong has many gleaming and glassy skyscrapers, but also there are many dirty unrestored buildings which placed it behind many other cities. Tokyo and thousands of other Japanese cities , are able to keep their buildings well-maintained and utilizable though they are as old as Hong Kong.

I misread the map, HK Island has 14 MTR stations. I refered it to Kowloon. But still that is peanuts compared to 400+ stations in London and 300+ stations in Tokyo compared to the total number of MTR stations in HK

And I could harly find any Vending Machines in HK !
Alot of us have been to Malaysia including me and hkskyline. And yes multiculturalism exist in this country and also Singapore. But it is a fact that most of South East Asian economy are runned by Chinese.

One of the most successful is the Kuok family. They're from Malaysia but are now residing in HK.

Old December 11th, 2006, 06:14 AM   #364
Kaitak747
EiGhT 5 & tWo

Likes (Received): 15

So can you explain how is Shenyang more furturistic than HK? Having more nice buildings? Less undeveloped areas? Better level of services? More state of the art infrastructure?

You can't justify your point by saying that HK has less MTR stations. How many stations we should have is depending on the land area of the city, you can say HK is small, but you can't prove that HK is less furturistic due to the number of MTR stations. As for efficiency,facilities and services, HK MTR has been on the top among other furturistic cities.
Old December 11th, 2006, 06:19 AM   #365
Manila-X
PINOY MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaitak747 View Post
So can you explain how is Shenyang more furturistic than HK? Having more nice buildings? Less undeveloped areas? Better level of services? More state of the art infrastructure?

You can't justify your point by saying that HK has less MTR stations. How many stations we should have is depending on the land area of the city, you can say HK is small, but you can't prove that HK is less furturistic due to the number of MTR stations. As for efficiency,facilities and services, HK MTR has been on the top among other furturistic cities.
The MTR has less stations compared to other metros such as Tokyo but it has a good coverage of the city. Plus HK isn't as large as Tokyo or Mexico City. But they're gonna expand and add more stations especially in The Western District, Cyberport / Pok Fu Lam and Aberdeen. The New Territories is also well covered with the KCR.

Also MTR stations have PSDs to prevent someone from falling into the tracks.

As for the vending machines, c'mon there are alot of them in each station. Plus they're computerized with touch screens.

Old December 11th, 2006, 06:33 AM   #366
Skyprince
Asian boi

I mean the Vending machines which sell products like drinks, etc

Corresponding to its population, Shenyang is more futuristic than HK. It has no `dirty` side, if there is its not as bad as HK. The city landmarks are beautifully and decorativelly placed in the middle, and Shenyang is very organized and systematic city. MUCH cleaner than HK.

I think that you guyz should not brag much about HK in this thread. You are in the wrong place. HK is the BEST SKYLINE in Asia ( please look at my comments in ASIA`s BEST SKYLINE-- I voted for HK without doubt ! ), but it is definitely , and still far away to become the most futuristic city. Must learn from Japan on how to restore old buildings and to keep the city clean.
Old December 11th, 2006, 06:40 AM   #367
Manila-X
PINOY MOD

Quote:

Corresponding to its population, Shenyang is more futuristic than HK. It has no `dirty` side, if there is its not as bad as HK. The city landmarks are beautifully and decorativelly placed in the middle, and Shenyang is very organized and systematic city. MUCH cleaner than HK.

I think that you guyz should not brag much about HK in this thread. You are in the wrong place. HK is the BEST SKYLINE in Asia ( please look at my comments in ASIA`s BEST SKYLINE-- I voted for HK without doubt ! ), but it is definitely , and still far away to become the most futuristic city. Must learn from Japan on how to restore old buildings and to keep the city clean.
At least HKers have something to brag about. Oh man vending machines? They're everywhere. And if you can't find one, there's a nearby 7-11 or any refreshment kiosk.

Old December 11th, 2006, 07:06 AM   #368
Kaitak747
EiGhT 5 & tWo

What are these????????not worth mentioning?????
we have a variety of vending machines all over the city and we can pay by Octopus card. But if you can't find one, there's a nearby 7-11 or any refreshment kiosk. There are soooooooooo many 24-hour convenience stores in HK.

By the way, I didn't say HK is the most furturistic one in the world. As I mentioned before, Tokyo is still generally more furturistic than HK in my personal opinion, and I think HK can learn from Tokyo such as maintaining old buildings. But I totally disagree to your statement that HK is the 5000th on the planet and some of lowly-developed cities are more furturistic than HK.

Last edited by Kaitak747; December 11th, 2006 at 07:22 AM.
Kaitak747 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2006, 07:38 AM   #369
waikhplkcc

Likes (Received): 0

vending machines?? haha. don't you compare the numbers and the appereance of the rubbish bins?

make some senses plz. eg. the number of wifi stations.
Old December 11th, 2006, 07:53 AM   #370
Skyprince
Asian boi

But still their number is peanuts ocmpared to 5.5 million VMs in Japan.

Wanch, if you are an honest guy, can you please show us the pics of those old, dilapidated buildings of Hong Kong ?
Old December 11th, 2006, 08:36 AM   #371
Manila-X
PINOY MOD

Quote:
But still their number is peanuts ocmpared to 5.5 million VMs in Japan.

Wanch, if you are an honest guy, can you please show us the pics of those old, dilapidated buildings of Hong Kong ?
That's because HK is a small place compared to some of Japan's largest cities.

I'll do that later but for now, I'm gonna show you some of the nastiest looking ghettos around. It's gone for good but this place deserved the notoriety it gets. This defined grit and it has been a case study by many

Old December 11th, 2006, 08:57 AM   #372
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 17832

Quote:

That's a very superficial statement. A clean city isn't automatically a futuristic one. You talk about city beautification and urban planning. Whether people live high-tech lives is a completely different question. Cell phone penetration and broadband use are likely very low in many Chinese cities compared to their Western counterparts.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2006, 09:33 AM   #373
Kaitak747
EiGhT 5 & tWo

Actually, I don't really want to repeat time and again. I'm sure most of HKers here don't think HK is more furturistic than Japan generally, so it's not necessary for a Malay like you taking advantage of Japan wanking yourself.

Furthermore, nobody in this thread said there aren't old areas in HK. Of crucial importance, having old areas and badly-maintained buildings can't justify the whole city is not furturistic and less furturistic than some of lowly-developed cities. If you just stick to one or only a few points justifying the entire HK is not furturistic, we don't need to discuss further but we have more points on hand to strike back at least.

For instance, we have excellent services, more state of the art infrastructure, user-friendly facilities, mature banking and finance system and fair legal system. Besides, we also have higher degree of biz freedom and transparency, lower degree of corruption and bureaucratism as well as second to none biz surrounding. That's all crucial for a furturistic city.

Last edited by Kaitak747; December 11th, 2006 at 09:39 AM.
Old December 11th, 2006, 09:43 AM   #374
Skyprince
Asian boi

Kaitak,

Yeah that is true. But Japan is doing much better in those indicators my fren

I can`t see that HK is more futuristic than many Japanese cities.

I spotted many many dirty smelly areas in HK but still I didnt find any dirty spots in Japan. And bear in mind that dirtiness is the feature of the 3rd World.

For those who have never been to HK, I strongly reccommend a visit and from there you can judge HK by your own eyes.
Old December 11th, 2006, 10:10 AM   #375
Kaitak747
EiGhT 5 & tWo

Most of HKers agree that Japan is generally more furturistic than HK, so it's not necessary for a Malay like you taking advantage of Japan wanking yourself time and again.

By the way, I think all of us are extremely shock to see anyone who have been to HK saying that there are only 2 MTR stations in HK Island.

I'm sure most of HKers don't think that HK is the most furturistic one, but compared to those comparatively lowly-developed cities (like your beloved Kuala Lumpur), HK is doing much better in those indicators.

we have excellent services, more state of the art infrastructure, user-friendly facilities, mature banking and finance system and fair legal system. Besides, we also have higher degree of biz freedom and transparency, lower degree of corruption and bureaucratism as well as second to none biz surrounding. That's all crucial for a furturistic city.
Old December 11th, 2006, 10:18 AM   #376
Manila-X
PINOY MOD

Quote:
Kaitak,

I spotted many many dirty smelly areas in HK but still I didnt find any dirty spots in Japan. And bear in mind that dirtiness is the feature of the 3rd World.

For those who have never been to HK, I strongly reccommend a visit and from there you can judge HK by your own eyes.
I would agree that alot of Japanese cities are more futuristic than HK but HK is more futuristic than other Asian cities.

Even world cities of industrialized nations have their ghettos and dirty parts especially in The United States.

I would also recommend people visiting HK and to tell you, more than 95% of those who visited have a positive outlook of the city.

Old December 11th, 2006, 11:31 AM   #377
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 17832

Quote:
Kaitak,

Wow ... you should see the less desirable areas of London and New York. Yet remind yourself that you're still in the First World.

Meanwhile, Pyongyang is a very clean city, but I hardly would call them First World either.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2006, 11:47 AM   #378
Skyprince
Asian boi

Quote:
I'm sure most of HKers don't think that HK is the most furturistic one, but compared to those comparatively lowly-developed cities (like your beloved Kuala Lumpur), HK is doing much better in those indicators.

we have excellent services, more state of the art infrastructure, user-friendly facilities, mature banking and finance system and fair legal system. Besides, we also have higher degree of biz freedom and transparency, lower degree of corruption and bureaucratism as well as second to none biz surrounding. That's all crucial for a furturistic city.
Hellow KaiTak , my beloved Kuala Lumpur ??? Muahahahahahahahahahahaha.... You are very funny.. When did I say that ?? Try to look at Malaysian forum and see how I criticized KL !!

Hellow.. why are you being so racist ?? This thread is to discuss about the Most futuristic City, and not to say hoohaa hoohaa about your prejudice towards Malays or or whatever !! We can discuss privately about this matter but sorry, Im not being nationalistic or somewhat. If I am a Nationalistic guy of course I would say KL is the most futuristic city in the world but of course this has to be another big joke !

Look--Having travelled a lot throughout Asia, I`ve got to say that Japanese cities have very futuristic buildings, very posh and luxurious underground shopping malls, perfect and very efficient transportation system.

You guys have to travel to Japan and see by your own, Wanch and the gang !! It seems that you cannot accept that HK is less futuristic than Japanese cities and using innocent Malays as your spacegoat !
Old December 11th, 2006, 03:50 PM   #379
Kaitak747
EiGhT 5 & tWo

Actually, I think I'm no way as funny as you are.............I have repeated my opinion so many times that most of HKers agree that Japan is generally more furturistic than HK, and that Wanch did say similar thing in his previous post already. But I don't know why you said we cannot accept this fact, then keeping on taking advantage of Japan to attack HK..............Are you blind?

I don't think HK is the most furturistic one in the world, and I'm sure most of HKers would have same opinion. But I totally disagree to your statement that HK is about the 5000th and even those relatively lowly-developed cities, like Kuala Lumpur and elsewhere are all more furturistic than HK. This is your prejudice against HK obviously.

HK is not immaculate and I'm sure there isn't shangri-la in the world, but I would like to reiterate that HK is indeed a furturitic city, even though Japan is more furturistic, we're still more furturistic than most of Asian cities in that the advantages of HK is much more than the shortcomings.

Compared to other Asian cities, we have excellent services, more state of the art infrastructure, user-friendly facilities, mature banking and finance system and fair legal system. Besides, we also have higher degree of biz freedom and transparency, lower degree of corruption and bureaucratism as well as second to none biz surrounding. That's all crucial for a furturistic city.

Last edited by Kaitak747; December 12th, 2006 at 02:47 AM.
Old December 11th, 2006, 04:48 PM   #380
trueapprentice
HK

Likes (Received): 0

HK wouldn't have the best skyline in the world without having a great infrastructure in place for it to be one of the futuristic & pragmatic cities in the world. Without top rated skills & tech, the skyscrapers can't be built.

Japan does have a futuristic train rail system, but its distance & size demands it. HK doesn't need to develop such fast trains since it has no long distance to travel. HK has an efficient subway & rail system already.

Last edited by trueapprentice; December 11th, 2006 at 05:07 PM.
trueapprentice no está en línea   Reply With Quote