daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Skyscrapers

Skyscrapers General news, discussion and announcement forum about skyscrapers, including the Skyscraper Living forum

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 15th, 2006, 04:36 AM   #121
Manila-X
PINOY MOD

Likes (Received): 2572

Quote:
Originally Posted by dom
Tokyo and Hong Kong are the most futuristic cities that I've been too. You have to look at the pacemakers of the Western world as well - New York, Los Angeles, London and Paris.

Dubai is only modern because there is an influx of cash. Yes there are some new and very impressive projects in this Emirate but, politically Dubai is in the stone age compared to the West, even if it IS progressive compared to the rest of the Middle East. For starters it is overwhelmingly car based and not really a pedestrian city. Which is regressive. The most modern cities (Hong Kong and Tokyo) employ public transportation as the main means of getting around, creating a more friendly urban experience. Just because a few tall buildings are going up doesn't mean a place is hyper modern.

Dubai should be congratulated for forging forward, but when I think of the future I automatically think of Tokyo. There is nowhere on earth in my opinion that feels as on the pace as Shibuya and Shinjuku.
Very true about Dubai as car based kinda like Los Angeles or most cities in US.

Tokyo is fast paced but Hong Kong as well. Areas like Causeway Bay, Tsim Sha Tsui or Mong Kok can rival the pace of Shibuya or Shinjuku.

Representing The Pinoy Community here in SSC!
Manila-X no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 21st, 2006, 04:03 AM   #122
jai_gandhi
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

MUMBAI = Today the gonvernment sold more then 600 acres of land in the heart of the mumbai city to private developers such as EMAAR, DLF, & RELIANCE which will transform mumbai into world class city with I.T parks, shopping malls, many commercial/residential high rises/supertalls.

Also today india gave green signal to more then 100 SEZ, who will spend billions of dollars

Mukesh Ambani will also be developing new city on 12.000 hectares of land, which will have international airport, and many supertalls.

SHANGHAI= no explanation needed

TOKYO= no explanation needed
jai_gandhi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2006, 04:41 AM   #123
Manila-X
PINOY MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by jai_gandhi
MUMBAI = Today the gonvernment sold more then 600 acres of land in the heart of the mumbai city to private developers such as EMAAR, DLF, & RELIANCE which will transform mumbai into world class city with I.T parks, shopping malls, many commercial/residential high rises/supertalls.

Also today india gave green signal to more then 100 SEZ, who will spend billions of dollars

Mukesh Ambani will also be developing new city on 12.000 hectares of land, which will have international airport, and many supertalls.

SHANGHAI= no explanation needed

TOKYO= no explanation needed
How about HK?

Old March 21st, 2006, 06:13 AM   #124
jai_gandhi
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WANCH
How about HK?
I am sick of you , since coming on SSC all your posts are to do with HK, why does everything in your case have to revolve around HK.

I wanted to say this before but then i thought it might hurt you but NOW you are going over the top. People like you should get BANNED.
jai_gandhi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2006, 06:19 AM   #125
Manila-X
PINOY MOD

Quote:
I am sick of you , since coming on SSC all your posts are to do with HK, why does everything in your case have to revolve around HK.

I wanted to say this before but then i thought it might hurt you but NOW you are going over the top. People like you should get BANNED.
Because it's my city and we do deserve to be on the most futuristic list. And we have one of the best skylines in the world as well. And I have the right to express myself here and talk about HK.

And if you don't like it just keep it to yourself man. I've been here longer than you!

Old March 21st, 2006, 06:25 AM   #126
davidwei01
Snowboarding -> Surfing

Likes (Received): 10

Quote:

agree. yes WANCH you are old forumer here so you should be more open-minded and jump out of HK-only topics. We all know HK is a great great city but there are millions of other cities in this world. Many other cities like mumbai are also very vibrant and culture-rich. Let's just be more considerate and accept the beauty of others. thanks.
davidwei01 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2006, 06:37 AM   #127
Manila-X
PINOY MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidwei01
agree. yes WANCH you are old forumer here so you should be more open-minded and jump out of HK-only topics. We all know HK is a great great city but there are millions of other cities in this world. Many other cities like mumbai are also very vibrant and culture-rich. Let's just be more considerate and accept the beauty of others. thanks.
I actually do appreciate these cities. But when it comes to these sections like Hall Of Fame it become sort of a competition to see which is the best.

But I also don't like it when you got others trippin. At least you said in a more cordial way.

There are alot of forumers here who are very egotistical about their cities and there are even some MODs who are like that.

Anyway for most futuristic it's HK, Seoul, Tokyo and possibly, Shanghai.

Last edited by Manila-X; March 21st, 2006 at 07:01 AM.
Old March 21st, 2006, 06:51 AM   #128
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Likes (Received): 17804

The prevailing culture in Hong Kong looks to Japan for trends and a futuristic lifestyle. That being said, most Hong Kongers would quickly point out Japanese cities as the most futuristic in the world. Having been to Japan several times myself, I'd definitely agree.

Ironically, many American cities are nowhere as futuristic as their Japanese counterparts despite the fact that the US is a technological powerhouse.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
hkskyline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 21st, 2006, 06:58 AM   #129
Manila-X
PINOY MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkskyline
The prevailing culture in Hong Kong looks to Japan for trends and a futuristic lifestyle. That being said, most Hong Kongers would quickly point out Japanese cities as the most futuristic in the world. Having been to Japan several times myself, I'd definitely agree.

Ironically, many American cities are nowhere as futuristic as their Japanese counterparts despite the fact that the US is a technological powerhouse.
The United States is indeed a technological powerhouse. But this is how I look at it. Alot of it's technology is spend on the military. There are some aspects where I find Asian cities more modern than US cities but if you enter military buildings like the Pentagon or The CIA HQ.

Unlike Japan where they don't spend too much money on it's self defense forces thus focus on it's economy and industry.

Old March 22nd, 2006, 04:51 AM   #130
Bitxofo
¡Viva el metro!

Location: Alderaan BCN BKK ATH PAR LON SYD SFO CPT TYO SCL CHC BUE SCG SVQ AGP BDN
Likes (Received): 3548

Tokyo, Shanghai & Hong Kong.
川添 Kawazoe (riverside) 海斗 Kaito (big dipper of the ocean), in Japanese.
Yo si la ciudad no tiene metro, como que no es gran ciudad y entonces ya paso de vivir allí. Norreport+12000
Bitxofo está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2006, 08:51 AM   #131
Mosaic
BANGKOK

Likes (Received): 758

Tokyo, Osaka, HK, Singapore, Shanghai and Seoul.
Mosaic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 22nd, 2006, 10:21 AM   #132
Manila-X
PINOY MOD

Almost every major Japanese cities have that futuristic feel

Old March 22nd, 2006, 11:47 AM   #133
Mosaic
BANGKOK

as Japanese cities are very much developed..
Old March 23rd, 2006, 03:24 AM   #134
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Actually, many smaller Japanese cities can have a historic atmosphere to it, such as Kyoto. However, on closer inspection of how people live, the futuristic component comes out quite nicely.

World Photo Gallery - | St. Petersburg, Russia | Pyongyang | Tokyo | Istanbul | Dubai | Shanghai | Mumbai | Bangkok | Sydney

New York, London, Prague, Iceland, Rocky Mountains, Angkor Wat, Sri Lanka, Poland, Myanmar, and much more!
Old March 23rd, 2006, 09:03 AM   #135
Manila-X
PINOY MOD

I was more thinking of Hakodate if we're talking about Japanese cities with a historic athmosphere.

Old March 23rd, 2006, 04:27 PM   #136
Mosaic
BANGKOK

Quote:
Originally Posted by WANCH
I was more thinking of Hakodate if we're talking about Japanese cities with a historic athmosphere.
For me, I am thinking of Nara, Hiroshima and Kyoto.
Old March 24th, 2006, 07:05 AM   #137
hkskyline
Hong Kong

Kyoto and Nara are the ancient Japanese capital cities.

Old March 24th, 2006, 07:22 AM   #138
Manila-X
PINOY MOD

I think most East Asian cities have that futuristic feel espcially in infrastructure.

Old March 24th, 2006, 10:35 AM   #139
Mosaic
BANGKOK

I think Tokyo is the most futuristic city in the world.
Old March 24th, 2006, 10:37 AM   #140
Manila-X
PINOY MOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosaic
I think Tokyo is the most futuristic city in the world.
I would agree as well. It's a very different world when you're out there especially at night!