daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Philippine Forums > Projects and Construction > Metro Manila Projects on the Rise > Completed Projects

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 6 votes, 5.00 average.
Old December 6th, 2005, 06:24 AM   #121
Edmundtanso

Likes (Received): 2

great job cokelitro! now that looks like it is really there and built already!

Sponsored Links

Old December 6th, 2005, 06:29 AM   #122
Jefferyi

Likes (Received): 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by pau_p1
uh.... hey watch out that's our building... heheeheh.. Evekal is the building that is directly on the end of Salcedo... I guess it can go.. it's quite an old building already..
Oh sorry didnt know the building had a sentimental value to you. Now really I wouldnt want to a make a prolific photographer like you get upset and stop posting pix here. So lets all hope your beloved building stays.
Jefferyi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2005, 08:10 AM   #123
renell
Here Since 2002

Likes (Received): 5

hmm.. looks quite nice, it's narrower and therefore it will probably looks taller than it should but yes it does block certain views of ryan.

btw, isn't there a current building standing on the lot?
Old December 6th, 2005, 08:12 AM   #124
pau_p1
Proud to be Filipino

Likes (Received): 174

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jefferyi
Oh sorry didnt know the building had a sentimental value to you. Now really I wouldnt want to a make a prolific photographer like you get upset and stop posting pix here. So lets all hope your beloved building stays.
hahaha... now worries... anyways.. by the time they'd do that, they'd do, we'll be in BGC already.. hehehe...

anyways.. Fujitsu House Bldg used to be called PISO Building... so mura lang sya.. hehehehe...
pau_p1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2005, 08:22 AM   #125
Dvorak
COO - Child of Owner

Likes (Received): 0

no building.. it used to be occupied by CALTEX..

Quote:
Originally Posted by renell
hmm.. looks quite nice, it's narrower and therefore it will probably looks taller than it should but yes it does block certain views of ryan.

btw, isn't there a current building standing on the lot?

www.avanzaclub.ph
Dvorak no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2005, 10:02 AM   #126
renell
Here Since 2002

Likes (Received): 5

ah okay i was thinking of the building behind it
Old December 13th, 2005, 10:45 AM   #127
jundeleon

Does anybody have an idea how big the Columns II site/lot is?
jundeleon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 14th, 2005, 05:26 AM   #128
bustero

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmn
Two towers--41-storeys each--with a total of 770 units sitting on a 3,023 sqm. lot. Tower one, consisting of 390 units, will be launched in the first wek of November. Construction will commence in the 1Q of 2006. Tower two, with another 390 units, will be launched 2Q of next year. Each condo unit measures 30 to 80 suare meters and is priced between Php2.5 and Php10 million. One of the ammenitites will be a "Supergym" and two guest rooms. Total project cost: Php 2 billion.
Says here the lot is 3023 sq.m.
Old December 14th, 2005, 05:51 AM   #129
Dvorak
COO - Child of Owner

so at FAR 16, that's a total of 48,368 sqm? excluding the 7 floors of parking?

Quote:
Originally Posted by bustero
Says here the lot is 3023 sq.m.

www.avanzaclub.ph
Old May 9th, 2006, 12:48 AM   #130
_jose_

hello to all,

has anyone here on SSC purchase a unit here yet?
just curious
_jose_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2006, 04:22 AM   #131
marites4

Likes (Received): 1

their units are very tiny and expensive i don't think it's worth it but plenty will diagree.
marites4 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 10th, 2006, 12:11 PM   #132
cheersmate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyronne
here it is, from inq7.net

ganda!
simple..pero maganda..
how will it look inside kaya?
cheersmate no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2006, 01:52 PM   #133
Whiteorchid

Columns Legaspi Village or One Rockwell, which one is a better investment? Does anyone have any comment on which condominium building is more desirable as a rental unit. I noticed that the price difference between the two is not substantial. I already made a reservation at Columns for a studio unit and I intend to pay cash, so I am getting a 12% discount. However, I noticed that One Rockwell gives a 20% discount on cash purchase, which means that One Rockwell is only $5K more than Columns Legaspi. I am from the US and has no intention to retire anytime soon. I will, however, visit Manila once in a while. I plan to buy a studio unit for investment and rent it out. Is the Columns Legaspi Village a better investment because it is in the heart of Makati. Also, does anyone have an opinion on whether it is advisable to buy a parking space for 600,000 pesos. Is there a demand for a parking space in Makati if I rent it? I appreciate any comment.
Whiteorchid no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2006, 02:15 PM   #134
3cr
Atenista sa Frisco

Likes (Received): 751

Assuming both projects will be delivered at about the same time, personally I would have picked One Rockwell as my first choice but of course that's only me! I do really like One Rockwell's architecture better than that of Columns and the Rockwell area is also more exclusive/prestigous location-wise imo (location, location, location ika nga) though not as convenient (farther from the CBD). Typically, Rockwell units also command a higher than normal rental price provided you find the right tenant although I heard renters do ask for parking with their unit. Mas sosyal din kasi ang typical Rockwell area renter so they usually have atleast one vehicle to park. I would probably invest in a parking slot in One Rockwell but may be able to get by without one in Columns because of it's proximity to the CBD. Hope this helps you reach a sound decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteorchid
Columns Legaspi Village or One Rockwell, which one is a better investment? Does anyone have any comment on which condominium building is more desirable as a rental unit. I noticed that the price difference between the two is not substantial. I already made a reservation at Columns for a studio unit and I intend to pay cash, so I am getting a 12% discount. However, I noticed that One Rockwell gives a 20% discount on cash purchase, which means that One Rockwell is only $5K more than Columns Legaspi. I am from the US and has no intention to retire anytime soon. I will, however, visit Manila once in a while. I plan to buy a studio unit for investment and rent it out. Is the Columns Legaspi Village a better investment because it is in the heart of Makati. Also, does anyone have an opinion on whether it is advisable to buy a parking space for 600,000 pesos. Is there a demand for a parking space in Makati if I rent it? I appreciate any comment.

Last edited by 3cr; May 24th, 2006 at 02:28 PM.
3cr está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old May 24th, 2006, 07:59 PM   #135
Whiteorchid

Thank you, 3cr. Do you know how much the association dues at Rockwell? I heard that is the reason why some people dont buy there because it tends to be expensive.
Old May 24th, 2006, 08:04 PM   #136
Dvorak
COO - Child of Owner

i think sabi don sa thread ehh it will be peggged at 65.00 per sqm sa one rockwell?? or was it another rockwell condo?

www.avanzaclub.ph
Old May 25th, 2006, 09:27 AM   #137
3cr
Atenista sa Frisco

Quote:
Thank you, 3cr. Do you know how much the association dues at Rockwell? I heard that is the reason why some people dont buy there because it tends to be expensive.
Hello Whiteorchid. Yup I think Dvorak had the right HOA numbers. I thought I was once told it will be between P60-P65/SQM but of course it is always just an estimate. The devil is in the details!

Quote:
3cr, thank you for your response. I called One Rockwell and got more information on financing. I am leaning on probably getting 2 units now or maybe in the near future, 1 in Rockwell and the other in Makati (Columns Legaspi Village). My savings will just allow me to buy cash for one property, but now I may be able to buy 2 because Rockwell offers good financing. Do you know if One Rockwell will have a sequel, i.e., Two Rockwell. Isn't there going to be 2 buildings? In your experience, do you know whether prices are usually higher for the second tower. Columns Legaspi Village is in its pre-selling stage for Tower 1. I am clueless on whether Tower 2 prices will be the same or higher than Tower 1. Also, do you think it is an overkill to invest in 2 units (either studios or 1 bedroom) for rental purposes? I am not sure whether these units will easily rent. I enjoy reading the discussions here, and unfortunately most of you folks can meet each other because there are many of you who are from California. I used to live there, but I am now in Hawaii. Real estate in Hawaii is astronmical, much like SF. I may be investing blindly in Manila, but condos there are so much more reasonable than here. I am just concern about being able to rent them. Does anyone have an opinion on whether buying condos for rental investment in Rockwell or the Columns LV is a bad idea?
Hello Whiteorchid.
Just as Dvorak said, every phase of construction and every suceeding building will be more expensive compared to the unit's initial pre-selling price unless of course something catastrophic happens in the Philippines that would affect the realestate market there as it would create an oversupply. As far as investing in rental units in the Philippines, it will be rather difficult to comment intelligently about it because the market is not only dynamic but also hard to predict the future. Who knows what the market will be when the units become deliverable. However should you decide that you'd like to persue this endeavor, I don't think it will be wise to invest your money in multiple units that are still in the pre-selling stage. Having said this have you ever considered buying a unit in a building already constructed so that you can in-turn start renting it out and earn sooner? Since you are able to pay cash, I suggest that you check into available units in the resale market since I believe that it is in the secondary market where you can get a really great deal on unit purchases when paying in cash. Desperate sellers in need of money will sell pennies to the dollar so you are not only buying below market, sometimes you can even negotiate the parking slot (if there is one)to be included in the deal. If I were in your shoes and you've already comitted to Columns, I would rather just make payments on your Columns unit (instead of paying cash for it) and use the cash to buy an existing unit so atleast while you are waiting for the Columns unit, you are already earning rental income as well as equity appreciation on the existing unit. Furthermore by the time your Columns unit becomes deliverable, you then have the option of selling or continue renting out the unit you paid cash for. Of course this is just my opinion so please take it with a grain of salt. Hope this helps.
Old May 25th, 2006, 10:49 AM   #138
Whiteorchid

3cr - Thank you!

Very informative feedback. Thank you. I will check into secondary markets. You are right, I think I am better off making monthly payments at the Column, with probably a 30 to 50% downpayment to get a discount and hold on to my cash until I find a good resale to buy. Wish me luck.
Old May 25th, 2006, 11:47 AM   #139
3cr
Atenista sa Frisco

You're very welcome! Wishing You all the best! Good Luck!
Quote:
Very informative feedback. Thank you. I will check into secondary markets. You are right, I think I am better off making monthly payments at the Column, with probably a 30 to 50% downpayment to get a discount and hold on to my cash until I find a good resale to buy. Wish me luck.
Old May 25th, 2006, 05:46 PM   #140
charitorae

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3cr
Hello Whiteorchid.
Just as Dvorak said, every phase of construction and every suceeding building will be more expensive compared to the unit's initial pre-selling price unless of course something catastrophic happens in the Philippines that would affect the realestate market there as it would create an oversupply. As far as investing in rental units in the Philippines, it will be rather difficult to comment intelligently about it because the market is not only dynamic but also hard to predict the future. Who knows what the market will be when the units become deliverable. However should you decide that you'd like to persue this endeavor, I don't think it will be wise to invest your money in multiple units that are still in the pre-selling stage. Having said this have you ever considered buying a unit in a building already constructed so that you can in-turn start renting it out and earn sooner? Since you are able to pay cash, I suggest that you check into available units in the resale market since I believe that it is in the secondary market where you can get a really great deal on unit purchases when paying in cash. Desperate sellers in need of money will sell pennies to the dollar so you are not only buying below market, sometimes you can even negotiate the parking slot (if there is one)to be included in the deal. If I were in your shoes and you've already comitted to Columns, I would rather just make payments on your Columns unit (instead of paying cash for it) and use the cash to buy an existing unit so atleast while you are waiting for the Columns unit, you are already earning rental income as well as equity appreciation on the existing unit. Furthermore by the time your Columns unit becomes deliverable, you then have the option of selling or continue renting out the unit you paid cash for. Of course this is just my opinion so please take it with a grain of salt. Hope this helps.
Great suggestions Kuya Boe!

@White Orchid, who's your Ayala representative, if you don't mind me asking?
charitorae no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: