daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 10th, 2005, 10:03 PM   #21
AOC

Likes (Received): 1

hav to agree with Swerveut abt ta location...

It is 25 storeys high...

The Development currently comprises 736 apartments and 32 penthouses in 8 high-rise towers offering the five types of unit.

TYPE GROSS FLO0R AREA (GFA) LEVEL
3 BEDROOM APARTMENTS 3,337 SQFT 2-24
4 BEDROOM APARTMENTS 4,284 SQFT 2-24
SINGLE LEVEL PENTHOUSE (3 BEDROOM BLOCKS) 6,340 SQFT 25
SINGLE LEVEL PENTHOUSE (4 BEDROOM BLOCKS) 8,095 SQFT 25
MASIONETTE PENTHOUSEs 8,665 SQFT 26-27
AOC no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 11th, 2005, 01:57 AM   #22
pakboy
London is London

Likes (Received): 2030

dude click on the broushure on the creek marina website, thats were i got the location from and what industrial area you talking about on google earth it shows the area is empty. well i have emailed them to ask about it.
Old September 11th, 2005, 03:35 AM   #23
swerveut
quit wasting my time !!

Likes (Received): 357

Quote:
Originally Posted by pakboy
dude click on the broushure on the creek marina website, thats were i got the location from and what industrial area you talking about on google earth it shows the area is empty. well i have emailed them to ask about it.
Dude, why dont you just post the link you saw it on here because I sure as hell cant see it. As far as I know you live in Lahore. Let a Karachiite speak for Karachi.
swerveut no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2005, 03:47 AM   #24
pakboy
London is London

dude, im just saying wat the developers of the project are saying, nothing to do with were your living, you might live in creek marina, but im sure the developers know more about there own project then you do.

well dude here is the brochure of the project, you can clearly see the map there

http://www.creekmarina.com/CREEK_BROCHURE.zip
Old September 11th, 2005, 03:53 AM   #25
pakboy
London is London

and isnt creek city being made in pharse VII, it clearly says on the front page of creekmarina.com that its in pharse VIII
Old September 11th, 2005, 04:06 AM   #26
UnitedPakistan
Musharraf Ka Danda!

Likes (Received): 415

why do we refer to our selves as Lahoris and Karachites?

Why not just Pakistanis?

ELECTIONS 2008: WE ARE THE ELEMENTS OF CHANGE!
Har waqt hoon mein Pakistan ke liye..
UnitedPakistan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2005, 04:09 AM   #27
pakboy
London is London

yes it was very stupid of him to do that, its people like him who cause rifts between lahoris and karachis,
Old September 11th, 2005, 04:14 AM   #28
swerveut
quit wasting my time !!

Phase VIII is also located on the DHA peninsula. The location however it is pointed on that map is very misleading because the Creek Marina site has already been allocated and I have observed it myself many times. Also, the location that map is leading to may be empty but I dont think anybody would like their 6 star luxury apartments to be walking distance from oil refineries.

Heres another map from the creek city website to clear the location issue:

Old September 11th, 2005, 04:15 AM   #29
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

Likes (Received): 3633

It looks quite really nice. Singapore style, Great architecture is a smaller HK housing complex scale..

-Imate pravo da ćutite, sve što budete rekli može i biće upotrebljeno protiv vas na forumu

You know you love me. XOXO.
Chad no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2005, 04:19 AM   #30
swerveut
quit wasting my time !!

Quote:
yes it was very stupid of him to do that, its people like him who cause rifts between lahoris and karachis,
Dude, I have no intention of creating any rifts by just mentioning that I am a Karachiite. I dont think that should lead you to question my patriotism in any way. If somebody who doesnt live somewhere is saying something about a place he doesnt know of, they should better let somebody more knowledgeable take over and handle it instead of being stubborn and bullheaded about it.

As far as your childish finger pointing goes, this is the last I am going to speak on this immature new controversy.
Old September 11th, 2005, 04:23 AM   #31
Sultan
BANNED

Likes (Received): 114

If Swervuet says that hes from Karachi, thats all good. Cause if hes from Karachi, then heck hes from Karachi, he can't be from Multan or Peshwar .. Its not rocket science people.

Plus, Swervuet knows Karachi inside out, and hes also observed the DHA site in person, so I think hes more reliable, and more knowledgable when it comes to Karachi.

If he says hes from Karachi, that has nothing to do with Karachi - Lahore, all hes sayin' is that hes from Karachi, and being from there, he'd know the place better.

I think Pakboy misunderstood Swervuet.
Sultan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 11th, 2005, 04:24 AM   #32
pakboy
London is London

well that map is around 3 years old and creek marina was just launched today. plans can get changed, plus another thing is the renders on creekmarina show that there will be 8 towers all togher while the creek city map shows that there are 11 towers, so it should be quite clear now that the masterplan has changed.

here is the link for the site plan once again
http://img385.imageshack.us/img385/7...iteplan3rx.jpg

it looks nothing like the one on the creek city map.
Old September 11th, 2005, 04:29 AM   #33
pakboy
London is London

Quote:
Originally Posted by swerveut
Dude, I have no intention of creating any rifts by just mentioning that I am a Karachiite. I dont think that should lead you to question my patriotism in any way. If somebody who doesnt live somewhere is saying something about a place he doesnt know of, they should better let somebody more knowledgeable take over and handle it instead of being stubborn and bullheaded about it.

As far as your childish finger pointing goes, this is the last I am going to speak on this immature new controversy.

ok dude foget that and answer this question.

do you know more about creek marina then the developer of creek marina?

i dont think so, and mate im just refering to what the website is saying. You are not part of the DHA so i think you should stop thinking you know everything cos you dont. the facts are all on www.creekmarina.com, and lets go by what they say, no wat some person from karachi says.
Old September 11th, 2005, 04:34 AM   #34
Sultan
BANNED

Pakboy,

If you check post number 28. Swervuet posted a map, which was on Creek City's original website, and if you scroll to the right due to the size of the image, you'd see that Creek Marina is at a very different location as to what Creek Marina developers have shown on there website. It could be a wrong map.

As far as I remember, the area where Creek Marina is shown on the map, is an area where oil refineries are located.
Old September 11th, 2005, 04:36 AM   #35
swerveut
quit wasting my time !!

Quote:
ok dude foget that and answer this question.

do you know more about creek marina then the developer of creek marina?

i dont think so, and mate im just refering to what the website is saying. You are not part of the DHA so i think you should stop thinking you know everything cos you dont. the facts are all on www.creekmarina.com, and lets go by what they say, no wat some person from karachi says.

oh mah guru

I have better things to do than waste time on this stupid argument. But that map in the brochure is ROUGHLY DRAWN. If you look at the Zulfiqar street on the brochure map and compare it with the Zulfiqar St. on the Creek City diagram, I am sure things will start looking a little clearer in the attic.
Of course the diagram has a 11 towers instead of the current 8, and sure master plans do change, but they dont change enough to transport the location of a project across a mile wide creek and into an industrial area!

So fellow forumers, you are free to believe whoever you want, but please. Be wise.
Old September 11th, 2005, 04:46 AM   #36
pakboy
London is London

WELL I HAVE PICKED OUT FROM GOOGLE EARTH ON WHICH AREAS IT COULD BE, THE OIL REFINARYS ARE FAR DOWN THE EAST.

it could be this island, or any land near it.

this shows you how far it is from the oil refinarys

Old September 11th, 2005, 04:49 AM   #37
swerveut
quit wasting my time !!

All that is as yet unreclaimed marsh land and for this project to complete within the stipulated 3 years, that marsh should have been reclaimed by now. But, it is still all marsh as of August 15th, 2005.
Old September 11th, 2005, 04:54 AM   #38
pakboy
London is London

thats cos construction really has not started if you didnt notice, talking to you is really a waste of time, and im not gona bother to replie to such crap.

i have allready sent an email to them to get it confirmed, lets just wait.
Old September 11th, 2005, 05:00 AM   #39
swerveut
quit wasting my time !!

yes, please put the reply on the forum.
Old September 11th, 2005, 05:05 AM   #40
Sultan
BANNED

There's no point in arguing over who's right or who's wrong.

If you go to www.creekmarina.com and look at the bottom, it clearly says Phase VIII, DHA Karachi, Pakistan ! So if DHA is building it, its gotta be on DHA land, and we all know where that is. So I guess Swerveut is correct.