SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Ovation Rock Concert, Stratford

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Jaybird 
#1 ·
Well, guys, I attended the very first ever Ovation Music Festival Rock Concert held this weekend in STRATFORD with great bands on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. I attended the Friday and Saturday events. I saw a local Stratford band play and SUM 41 on Friday and it was a good show (although not as good as the one I saw earlier in the year in London), and Simple Plan played on Friday as well, but sadly, some idiot girl threw a bottle of water on the stage and hit the front singer for Simple Plan in the face, and had to be taken to the hospital to get stitches. I am not a Simple Plan fan, but that is downright nasty and horrible. They know who did it and charges are pending. That was the only BLACK EYE in this otherwise hugely successful festival! Saturday featured Sloan, Finger Eleven (who was awesome), and Our Lady Peace, but I don't think Raine Maida's voice tone was up to par that night, although the band played pretty good. Then Sunday night came K-OS, Divine Brown, Fefe Dobson (she is very attractive), and the Barenaked Ladies, but I didn't attend Sunday's show, even though it was the largest crowd of the three days at nearly 20,000. Friday had 12,000 (mostly teenagers), and Saturday had 15,000. Here are some pics I took from this astounding successful rock concert festival and what an awesome location for it, beats having to drive to some other city far away, a city not far from K-W or London, lovely STRATFORD! :) This took place in the south end of Stratford in the Packham Road Ball Park.

Look at all those port-o-potties!

The Beer Tent, every Canadian's dream at an outdoor rock concert...

The stage on Friday...

Waiting for Sum 41...

They made it! Here they are and Deryck Wembley, who is an awesome punk rock singer and has quite the foul mouth...

The stage for SUM 41

Damn Blurriness! It was hard taking those pics!

Now here are some shots from Saturday, with Finger Eleven and Our Lady Peace

Finger Eleven (put on an awesome performance here, had to get up close for these shots)

Our Lady Peace

Hope next year's lineup is good as well. Except for that one incident, a huge remarkable success was this festival! Suitable for this great city, 35,000 total people attended these 3 days from all over Southern Ontario.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.