daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 18th, 2005, 07:09 PM   #1
dubaiflo
Back in the Sandpit

Likes (Received): 35

DUBAI - AL SHARQ TOWER - 76F - designed by SOM

Launched at Cityscape:

Al Sharq Developments has launched two real estate projects in Dubai, the Lighthouse Hotel and Residence located on The Palm Jumeirah, and the $150m Al Sharq Tower on Sheikh Zayed Road. The Lighthouse Residence has a total of 200 two, three, and four bedroom apartments available on 99-year leasehold. The 70-storey Al Sharq Tower has residential units, resident-only movie theatres and leisure facilities.

Al Sharq Development - a beacon of style and design at Cityscape

Following last weeks announcement of the AED 7 billion Aqua Dunya theme park resort located in the heart of Dubailand, owner-developer Al Sharq Developments has now announced two ambitious real estate projects both characterized by an unparalleled combination of style and design.

Al Sharq Tower.

The Lighthouse Hotel and Residence located on the crescent of The Palm Jumeira, and the sleek Al Sharq Tower on Dubai's Sheikh Zayed Road were unveiled during Cityscape, the region's leading property and real state exhibition.

'Al Sharq Development is a new player in Dubai's dynamic real estate sector, and Citiscape marks our official entrée into this exciting market,' said company Chairman, Mr. Ali bin Suleiman Al Shehri.

'Our projects are identified with highly stylised design, and I'm proud to be expressing our creative vision in Dubai, a city which has firmly identified itself as an incubator for innovation, where unmet lifestyle standards can be achieved,' he added.

The $150 million 70-storey Al Sharq residential tower was designed by world-renowned Skidmore Owings and Merrill (SOM) and is being touted a 'vertical resort'', referring to the building's unique cellular structure of nine cylinder tubes defined by a spiraling filigree form.

Not only does the curvaceous tower offer each room a spatial experience with panoramic views, but also the first residential floor will start at 40 metres above ground to ensure views for all units. The tower will house resident-only movie theatres, two zones of amenity floors including a spa, health club, pools, party rooms, childrens play rooms, day care, a library, and a fully-automated 800-car parking service where cars are stacked and retrieved by residents through a sophisticated computer system.

'What we are developing is not a static sculpture, but a living habitat. Our aim is to make the design,more sensual and intuitive and less mechanical,' explained Ahmed Chehouri, Executive Director for Planning and Development for Al Sharq Development.

Located on The Palm Jumeira, The Lighthouse Hotel and Residence is a development set to offer guests and residents a new experience in luxury and visual atmosphere. The development's architecture is designed to capture the light of the rising sun and beam it into the complex's interior. At night, the roof of the 380-room hotel will be lit and an arc of light will be projected across The Palm Jumeira and the Arabian Gulf, bringing a new and modern identity to the traditional lighthouse image.

Creative lighting, bold colouring and the energetic design of private and public areas will demonstrate an adventurous philosophy in creating a new hotel style set to motivate guest's imaginations and the desire to travel more frequently.

'While offering guests luxury and superior comfort, our aim is to create a perfect blend of nature and design. The cool, minimalist styling will excite the senses and open the door to a totally new hotel experience, and the Residences will offer a new concept for those who wish to live permanently in an ambiance of luxurious simplicity,' Chehouri added.

The Lighthouse Hotel and Residences will be operated and managed by one of the trendiest hotel operators in the world, a brand synonomous with the boutique hotel concept. A signed MOU agreement is expected within a month, reported officials from Al Sharq Development.;

The Lighthouse Residence will offer 200 apartments comprising two, three, and four bedroom configuration, each designed to have a sea facing view. Apartments will be available on for 99 year leasehold, as will residential units within the Al Sharq Tower, which has an expected completion date of December 2007.

The Al Sharq Tower and the Lighthouse Hotel and Residences add to the portfolio of property development by Al Sharq Development, and follows the recent reveal of Aqua Dunya, the Middle East's largest theme park resort which will house the iconic Desert Pearl Hotel, the actual largest cruise ship ever built.

Al Sharq Development is a dynamic property development company based in Dubai and founded by the prominent Saudi industrialist, Mr. Ali bin Suleiman Al Shehri.

design stage:

final tower:

by altin

thanks to dubai forumers.
dubaiflo no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 18th, 2005, 07:10 PM   #2
Mplsuptown

Likes (Received): 713

I like it. Cool design.
Mplsuptown no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2005, 07:42 PM   #3
SEED

Likes (Received): 6

looks like some kinda gigantic columns..
SEED no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2005, 08:07 PM   #4
Effer
E Pluribus Unum

Likes (Received): 226

Go Dubai!
Effer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2005, 08:09 PM   #5
dubaiflo
Back in the Sandpit

Likes (Received): 35

i just recommend you to visit the UAE section. a lot going on today..hell of a lot new towers and models of towers and projects..!!

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/forumd...5&daysprune=-1
dubaiflo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2005, 08:36 PM   #6
Dubai_Boy
I love Abu Dhabi.

Likes (Received): 2436

hey dubaiflor look at all those towers behind this tower
Old September 19th, 2005, 12:18 AM   #7
Ŝróndeimr
Adventurous!

Likes (Received): 2264

Nice tower, though i'd prefere the third design!
Ŝróndeimr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2005, 12:18 AM   #8
Travis007

Likes (Received): 63

It's pretty futuristic looking, but I like the 3rd design the best.

And BTW, Good job UAE forumers with how organized the forums are.
Travis007 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2005, 01:20 AM   #9
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Likes (Received): 125

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christian
Nice tower, though i'd prefere the third design!
That's what most of us were saying before they decided on the final design
malec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2005, 07:44 AM   #10
SA BOY
South Straddie QLD

Likes (Received): 468

I dont see 70 stories. When you look at the model which I did at cityscape you can see the modules of 3 floors each and there are 30 of them so that 90 straight away. either model is wrong or the press release is wrong
Old September 19th, 2005, 07:55 AM   #11
Citystyle
Watch my Chops

Likes (Received): 501

For a week nothing happens and then wow.
Sec. 31 But how far has he given it us? To enjoy. As much as anyone can make use of to any advantage of life before it spoils, whatever is beyond this, is more than his share, and belongs to others. Nothing was made by God for man to spoil or destroy. And thus considering the plenty of natural provisions there was a long time in the world, and the few spenders, and to how small a part provision the industry of one man could extend itself, and ingross itself to the prejudice of others.
- John Locke
Citystyle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2005, 08:41 AM   #12
Dubai-Lover
Construction Paradise

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SA BOY
I dont see 70 stories. When you look at the model which I did at cityscape you can see the modules of 3 floors each and there are 30 of them so that 90 straight away. either model is wrong or the press release is wrong
maybe 76 is just the residential floors
the press release said the first residential floor will be at a height of 50m to offer views for every apartment!!! this could be the reason

are you involved in this tower? so, it has g+13 podium +76 res floors?
Old September 19th, 2005, 08:48 AM   #13
SA BOY
South Straddie QLD

Likes (Received): 468

not involved but looked at detail the model as I am working on a 300+ tower too and was doing the critique of the design
Old September 19th, 2005, 08:49 AM   #14
luv2bebrown

Likes (Received): 109

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubaiflo
Launched at Cityscape:

and a fully-automated 800-car parking service where cars are stacked and retrieved by residents through a sophisticated computer system.

is this something like the car parkign system in I-Robot?
luv2bebrown no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2005, 09:12 AM   #15
ncon
Dangerous User

Likes (Received): 537

Dubai is so crazy!!!!

BUT I ALWAYS by Dubai Projects

and the design so

GO Dubai

when is it finish??
Old September 19th, 2005, 09:16 AM   #16
griftre

Likes (Received): 0

wow, what a tower... unique and very creative design I should say... whew... I think there's more to come.....
griftre no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2005, 11:30 AM   #17
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Likes (Received): 125

So this could even be taller? I hope so because this is a design that really deserves its height. It'll be a great landmark tower for this area.
malec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2005, 01:13 PM   #18
Biakko
Fighting spirit

Well... I just hope the definitive design is the third one, because others are...
Old September 19th, 2005, 02:03 PM   #19
TOWERCITY2005

another quality designed tower in dubai.....

i like this tower, again like i said for the infinity tower, this tower has alot of quality to it....

this is something different......

great job

very nice work
TOWERCITY2005 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2005, 02:03 PM   #20
TOWERCITY2005

another quality designed tower in dubai.....

i like this tower, again like i said for the infinity tower, this tower has alot of quality to it....

this is something different......

great job

very nice work
TOWERCITY2005 no está en línea   Reply With Quote