daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 15th, 2006, 08:35 AM   #261
Tintin27

Likes (Received): 56

compared to how roads were few yrs back, these ones are big changes india needs veyr badly. Right now from 0 few yrs back, we have close to 6000kms of expressways and more u/c. ITs slow compared to the chinese expressways but in the overall not too bad...With more under constructions, I guess in 4 - 5 yrs time, india will have a decent expressway network.
Tintin27 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 15th, 2006, 08:55 AM   #262
sravan2569

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver999
should not cast money on hardwares such as "aircraft carrier", "aircraft carrier" seems no use for india, because there is no war in south asia.if you put money on economy and infrustruture, you can get much back.
that's my opnion.
no war... ur delusional buddy. India has been in war since 1987. It cannot show any weakness.
Old August 15th, 2006, 10:09 AM   #263
oliver999
starwar

Likes (Received): 1141

dd

Quote:
Originally Posted by sravan2569
no war... ur delusional buddy. India has been in war since 1987. It cannot show any weakness.
war in 1987? maybe war to parkistan?
there is only chance for india involved in a war---VS parkistan. but parkistan is north of you, your aircraft carry cant be useful to the war.
oliver999 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2006, 05:38 PM   #264
kashyap3
Right Wing-ed

thats like asking why Israel is spending money on defence
or China, or the U.S

why does any country spend money on Defence?

defence has nothing to do with highways, and the government is spending heavily on infrastructure lately
kashyap3 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2006, 09:56 PM   #265
huaxia-zhonghua

Likes (Received): 5

acatually these roads are not impressive but much better than it previously had.btw,3000 roads are planned to build is far away from 3000 roads built,thinking about arjun and LCA and a lot more delayed projects at india,lol.big words mean nothing.
huaxia-zhonghua no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2006, 01:56 AM   #266
Jai
ॐ शान्तिः शान्तिः शान्तिः

Location: Haleiwa, Oahu, HI :. Waianae, Oahu, HI :. DETROIT, MI
Likes (Received): 79

Firstly India spends among the lowest %GDP on defense and military expendiature of all major world powers. Any moron making a comment that the Subcontinant will never see a war is so ridiculously ill-informed, he doesn't warrant further replies.

Secondly, WHAT THE **** does an aircraft carrier, etc. it have to do with Indian infrastructure?

Thirdly, I have noticed a marked increase of trolls coming into Indian related threads from 'a certain asian country that shall remain nameless.'

I do hope you realize that this sudden burst in trolling just somehow starting after the sudden media and public realization of Indian economic growth and growing power kinda sorta does show those under-the-skin insecurities now bursting out.

Certain dlrn trolls: its hard to come off as condescending when you're passionately ranting at the same time

Please people, don't feed the trolls. Regardless of how ill informed and annoying they are.
Jai no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2006, 03:35 AM   #267
sravan2569

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver999
war in 1987? maybe war to parkistan?
there is only chance for india involved in a war---VS parkistan. but parkistan is north of you, your aircraft carry cant be useful to the war.
Does the term Proxy War mean anything to you?
Old August 16th, 2006, 03:50 AM   #268
huaxia-zhonghua

Firstly India spends among the lowest %GDP on defense and military expendiature of all major world powers. Any moron making a comment that the Subcontinant will never see a war is so ridiculously ill-informed, he doesn't warrant further replies.

lol,I don't think it's the lowest,and furthermore what's your definition of "world power"?

Secondly, WHAT THE **** does an aircraft carrier, etc. it have to do with Indian infrastructure?

a poor country spend a lot of money which can be used for its common people on an outdated used carrier for show,lol,what's are those govt leaders fvck thinking?lol

Thirdly, I have noticed a marked increase of trolls coming into Indian related threads from 'a certain asian country that shall remain nameless.'

lol,nobody care about this.

I do hope you realize that this sudden burst in trolling just somehow starting after the sudden media and public realization of Indian economic growth and growing power kinda sorta does show those under-the-skin insecurities now bursting out.

sudden realization?lol,I must say it's useful of spending a lot money on the davos annual meeting,well done,dude.

Certain dlrn trolls: its hard to come off as condescending when you're passionately ranting at the same time

Please people, don't feed the trolls. Regardless of how ill informed and annoying they are.[/QUOTE]

just so
Old August 16th, 2006, 03:54 AM   #269
xInfamuzPunjabix

Quote:
Originally Posted by kashyap3
there are always a few incidents like that, but that does not hinder the bigger picture
but as they say, those lil drops of water do make up the sea, in simple words one by one all these lil projects all over india are gonna end up being extinct...people wont even know about most of them
xInfamuzPunjabix no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2006, 03:56 AM   #270
sravan2569

Quote:
Originally Posted by xInfamuzPunjabix
but as they say, those lil drops of water do make up the sea, in simple words one by one all these lil projects all over india are gonna end up being extinct...people wont even know about most of them
Just fasten your seatbelt and relax, man. India will take the world for a ride. It will the next big growth engine for the world.

Quote:
just so
??? Huh??? Grammer again?
Old August 16th, 2006, 04:00 AM   #271
huaxia-zhonghua

Quote:
Just fasten your seatbelt and relax, man. India will take the world for a ride. It will the next big growth engine for the world.

no,that should be an error,my reply is with the quoted words.
Old August 16th, 2006, 04:01 AM   #272
xInfamuzPunjabix

Quote:

well okay, but how long is it gonna take for that to happen?

just wondering if you have ever been on those freeways in US and Canada
not to mention those Chinese highways,

Honestly, once you drive or ride on those roads, these highways being built in India feel like a street somewhere in the abandoned part of the city.
Old August 16th, 2006, 04:05 AM   #273
huaxia-zhonghua

"Just fasten your seatbelt and relax, man. India will take the world for a ride. It will the next big growth engine for the world"

oh really,I need to use seatbelts at india?how fast it can be?lol.too many big word I have heard from india people,lol
Old August 16th, 2006, 04:06 AM   #274
sravan2569

Quote:
well okay, but how long is it gonna take for that to happen?

just wondering if you have ever been on those freeways in US and Canada
not to mention those Chinese highways,

Honestly, once you drive or ride on those roads, these highways being built in India feel like a street somewhere in the abandoned part of the city.
You talking about this?

You can easily do 100-120km on this.

Asian Highways. We have a lot more to Upgrade then let's say china... half their country is desert.

We have a ways to go to catch up to USA though. I think we'll do it by 2010.
Old August 16th, 2006, 04:10 AM   #275
huaxia-zhonghua

man,seriously,go check the china nowadays highway,this map is really funny,that's all I need to say
Old August 16th, 2006, 04:11 AM   #276
sravan2569

Quote:
Originally Posted by huaxia-zhonghua
man,seriously,go check the china nowadays highway,this map is really funny,that's all I need to say
Okay give me a 2006 map. That is from the UN btw.

India 2006
Old August 16th, 2006, 04:12 AM   #277
xInfamuzPunjabix

Quote:
You talking about this?

it'd be even better if u post up the picture of what that highway looks like today lets find out how long these highways can help India.

two lanes, woo i am scared

how come when i went to india tihis April i didnt see anything like that on a one and a half month journey to all the developed parts in india?
Old August 16th, 2006, 04:13 AM   #278
huaxia-zhonghua

there is a post in this forum about china highway,I don't want to take trouble to find it.
Old August 16th, 2006, 04:13 AM   #279
sravan2569

Quote:
it'd be even better if u post up the picture of what that highway looks like today lets find out how long these highways can help India.

two lanes, woo i am scared

how come when i went to india tihis April i didnt see anything like that on a one and a half month journey to all the developed parts in india?
You were in karnataka... Karanataka sucks. Go to AP, Maharhastra, or the golden quadrilateral. Thrivundrum also. AP has the highest GDP per capita in India and their highways are amazing.
Old August 16th, 2006, 04:16 AM   #280
xInfamuzPunjabix

Quote:
We have a ways to go to catch up to USA though. I think we'll do it by 2010.

yeah whats next, World's number one skyline in India?

let me ask you this question again since you seemed to have no answer when ia sked you this before, have you ever been on those freeways in countries like USA, canada, China, and places in europe?

you cannot say that india will leave them behind when you dont really know what they are like