daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Highways & Autobahns

Highways & Autobahns All about automobility



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old August 16th, 2006, 06:17 AM   #321
sravan2569
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chico/Roseville/Hyderabad
Posts: 142
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by xInfamuzPunjabix
WOAH WOAH WOAH buddy that is SOO not true

how the hell does india have the most billionaires after US?


look here: http://www.aneki.com/billionaires.html
India is not even in the top 10
http://www.forbes.com/billionaires/2...hisSpeed=20000

Lets try forbes and not some wierd website with a crappy layout.

New Delhi, December 17: India is getting wealthier! At least some Indians are, according to the Forbes' annual 40 richest Indians list, which saw the number of billionaires double since last year.

Advertisement
There are as many as "27 billionaires, which is more than double (of) last year's count," Forbes latest data said.

With a cut off net worth of 590 million dollars to feature in the list, as many as seven new Indians made it to the list of the 40 richest, Forbes said.

Even more interesting is that the collective net worth of the 40 richest Indians outstrips that of Asian rivals China by as much as four times.

According to Forbes' data, the collective net worth of Indian billionaires stood at 106 billion dollars as against just 26 billion dollars of their Chinese counterparts.

When it comes to the minimum net worth of the their wealthiest citizens in the top 40 list, India's is 590 million dollars, while that of China is worth just 321 million dollars, according to Forbes' figures.

In terms of number of billionaires also, India leads China by a mile with 27 billionaires as compared to just 10 of the latter.

The figures give India the "bragging rights" considering the fact that China's GDP stands at 7.3 trillion dollars with a growth rate of 9.5 per cent as against India's 3.3 trillion dollars and a growth rate of 7.3 per cent.

In this year's list of the richest Indian, steel tycoon Lakshmi Mittal continued to lead the list with a net worth of 20 billion dollar, followed by Wipro's Azim Premji with 11 billion dollars.
__________________
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.
sravan2569 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 16th, 2006, 06:20 AM   #322
sravan2569
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chico/Roseville/Hyderabad
Posts: 142
Likes (Received): 0

Making a billion just isn’t what it used to be.

In our inaugural ranking of the world’s richest people 20 years ago we uncovered some 140 billionaires. This year the list is a record 793, up 102 from last year.

They’re worth a combined $2.6 trillion, up 18 percent since last March. Their average net worth: $3.3 billion. Strong stock markets around the world (the U.S. being the notable exception) contributed to this surge in wealth.

India, whose BSE Sensex market was up 54 percent in the past 12 months, is home to 10 new billionaires, more than any other country besides the U.S. Notable newcomers include Kushal Pal Singh, India’s biggest real estate developer; Tulsi Tanti, a former textile trader whose alternative energy company owns Asia’s largest wind farm and Vijay Mallya, the liquor tycoon behind Kingfisher beer.

Peace, I'm out.
__________________
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.

Last edited by sravan2569; August 16th, 2006 at 06:25 AM.
sravan2569 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2006, 06:27 AM   #323
Suncity
By the ocean
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 28,846
Likes (Received): 14115

Looks like some people are going overboard bragging without much knowledge of India.

Bragging is never the best way to sell.
Suncity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2006, 06:27 AM   #324
xInfamuzPunjabix
Registered User
 
xInfamuzPunjabix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Where it all goes down- QueeNz New York
Posts: 107
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sravan2569
http://www.forbes.com/billionaires/2...hisSpeed=20000

Lets try forbes and not some wierd website with a crappy layout.

New Delhi, December 17: India is getting wealthier! At least some Indians are, according to the Forbes' annual 40 richest Indians list, which saw the number of billionaires double since last year.

Advertisement
There are as many as "27 billionaires, which is more than double (of) last year's count," Forbes latest data said.

With a cut off net worth of 590 million dollars to feature in the list, as many as seven new Indians made it to the list of the 40 richest, Forbes said.

Even more interesting is that the collective net worth of the 40 richest Indians outstrips that of Asian rivals China by as much as four times.

According to Forbes' data, the collective net worth of Indian billionaires stood at 106 billion dollars as against just 26 billion dollars of their Chinese counterparts.

When it comes to the minimum net worth of the their wealthiest citizens in the top 40 list, India's is 590 million dollars, while that of China is worth just 321 million dollars, according to Forbes' figures.

In terms of number of billionaires also, India leads China by a mile with 27 billionaires as compared to just 10 of the latter.

The figures give India the "bragging rights" considering the fact that China's GDP stands at 7.3 trillion dollars with a growth rate of 9.5 per cent as against India's 3.3 trillion dollars and a growth rate of 7.3 per cent.

In this year's list of the richest Indian, steel tycoon Lakshmi Mittal continued to lead the list with a net worth of 20 billion dollar, followed by Wipro's Azim Premji with 11 billion dollars.
That is including the NRI's living in the UK, US, and canada
xInfamuzPunjabix no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2006, 06:29 AM   #325
sravan2569
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chico/Roseville/Hyderabad
Posts: 142
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by xInfamuzPunjabix
That is including the NRI's living in the UK, US, and canada
Most NRI's are not US citizens. They are Indian citizens, including myself.
__________________
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.
sravan2569 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2006, 06:30 AM   #326
xInfamuzPunjabix
Registered User
 
xInfamuzPunjabix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Where it all goes down- QueeNz New York
Posts: 107
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sravan2569
India has the most number of billionaires after America. No other country is even close.

I'm gonna leave the USA after college. It's too stagnant & sterilized for me... Ever true Indian wants to go back to India... Any Indian who knows India can't resist going back. The culture is simply amazing.

As an Intern and Junior year at college I make 44k per annum. I already make more than the average GDP per capita of Americans, and yet I want to go back to India. I just broke your theory.
its because you're used to the atmosphere, if a guy from some place like Somalia came to the united states after spending his/her 3/4th life in the their own country, they wouldnt wanna stay here either you do not represent the 2,500,000 Indian Americans
xInfamuzPunjabix no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2006, 06:30 AM   #327
xInfamuzPunjabix
Registered User
 
xInfamuzPunjabix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Where it all goes down- QueeNz New York
Posts: 107
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sravan2569
Most NRI's are not US citizens. They are Indian citizens, including myself.
are you a billionaire?
xInfamuzPunjabix no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2006, 06:31 AM   #328
sravan2569
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chico/Roseville/Hyderabad
Posts: 142
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by xInfamuzPunjabix
its because you're used to the atmosphere, if a guy from some place like Somalia came to the united states after spending his/her 3/4th life in the their own country, they wouldnt wanna stay here either you do not represent the 2,500,000 Indian Americans
I was born in India. Hyderabad. I am 100% Indian. I am used to Indian atmosphere. If it's too fast paced for you, its not my problem. Saare Jahan se Acha Hindustan Hamara.
__________________
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.
sravan2569 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2006, 06:31 AM   #329
Suncity
By the ocean
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 28,846
Likes (Received): 14115

Plus there will always be doubting Thomases everywhere. Why bother arguing about useless things with such people. They are not here to learn. They are just here to argue and spoil the thread. And a few are always ready to take the bait and go ranting off nonsense.
Suncity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2006, 06:32 AM   #330
sravan2569
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chico/Roseville/Hyderabad
Posts: 142
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncity
Plus there will always be doubting Thomases everywhere. Why bother arguing about useless things with such people. They are not here to learn. They are just here to argue and spoil the thread. And a few are always ready to take the bait and go ranting off nonsense.
I was taking the opportunity to change a perspective, I'm sorry for any harm caused to the thread. I will stop. I humbly apologize.

I just can't stand it, when people try to talk down towards my home country.
__________________
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.
sravan2569 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2006, 06:34 AM   #331
xInfamuzPunjabix
Registered User
 
xInfamuzPunjabix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Where it all goes down- QueeNz New York
Posts: 107
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by sravan2569
I was born in India. Hyderabad. I am 100% Indian. I am used to Indian atmosphere. If it's too fast paced for you, its not my problem. Saare Jahan se Acha Hindustan Hamara.
thats nice for you
xInfamuzPunjabix no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2006, 06:35 AM   #332
xInfamuzPunjabix
Registered User
 
xInfamuzPunjabix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Where it all goes down- QueeNz New York
Posts: 107
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncity
Plus there will always be doubting Thomases everywhere. Why bother arguing about useless things with such people. They are not here to learn. They are just here to argue and spoil the thread. And a few are always ready to take the bait and go ranting off nonsense.
i appologize if i lead to any off topic convo
xInfamuzPunjabix no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2006, 06:43 AM   #333
sravan2569
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chico/Roseville/Hyderabad
Posts: 142
Likes (Received): 0




Indian Road Network

Indian road network of 33.4 lakh Km.is second largest in the world and consists of :
Length(In Km)
Expressways 200
National Highways 66,590
State Highways 1,28,000
Major District Roads 4,70,000
Rural and Other Roads 26,50,000
Total Length 33.4 Lakhs Kms(Approx)

Modal Shift

* About 65% of freight and 80% passenger traffic is carried by the roads.
* National Highways constitute only about 2% of the road network but carry about 40% of the total road traffic .
* Number of vehicles has been growing at an average pace of 10.16% per annum over the last five years.

Status of National Highways as on 30th June, 2006
Single Lane/Intermediate Lane 32%
Double Lane 56%
Four or more Lanes 12%
NHDP MAPS
NHDP MAP GQ MAP NH2 MAP NH5 MAP NH4 MAP NH8 MAP NSEW MAP Port Connectivity
__________________
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.
sravan2569 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2006, 06:45 AM   #334
Suncity
By the ocean
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 28,846
Likes (Received): 14115

Quote:
Originally Posted by sravan2569
I just can't stand it, when people try to talk down towards my home country.
There are millions of people around the world who have very little idea about India beyond the usual stereotypes. But then there are millions of Indians who have wrong ideas about the rest of the world. So it goes both ways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sravan2569
I was taking the opportunity to change a perspective, I'm sorry for any harm caused to the thread. I will stop. I humbly apologize.
Remember some people who make silly comments are not here to have their perspective changed. They are just having fun. So why bother trying to change their perspective?

Back to the main reason why the thread is here...

Suncity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2006, 06:48 AM   #335
sravan2569
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chico/Roseville/Hyderabad
Posts: 142
Likes (Received): 0

Delhi-Kolkota



Chennai Kolkotta







East West Corridor



Mumbai Chennai







North South Corridor





Other Projects







__________________
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.
sravan2569 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2006, 07:33 AM   #336
Suncity
By the ocean
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 28,846
Likes (Received): 14115

Quote:
Originally Posted by xInfamuzPunjabix
you ever been outside california? like Eastcoast or south or somethin? i think you should spend more time discovering the US than doing this. btw this is off topic but lemme ask you, how long do you think is it gona take for india togo from this:

To this:
I think the comparison is not accurate. The first is a map of India's national highways. They are closest to what can be called interstates in the Indian context (but most are nowhere near the quality of US Interstates or even regular roads).

Although wikipedia is not an accurate source of info, the US had 75,198 kms (2002) of interstate highways.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:M...nterstates.svg

India had about 66,590 kms of National Highways.

What India is doing is pretty straight forward. While National Highways constitute only 2% of India's road network, they carry 40% of the traffic. India is just converting the existing national highways into four lane and six lane networks.

The first three phases will cover about 18,486 kms. 6,679 kms have been completed in the past few years. 7,464 kms are under implementation. About 4,400 kms contracts are still to be awarded. Despite problems of land acquisition and litigation a large portion of the work has been on schedule (a wonder for laid back India). Since this network of 18,486 kms touches almost all major cities and ports, it will act as a major boost to the transportation based sector of the economy.
Suncity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2006, 07:43 AM   #337
sravan2569
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chico/Roseville/Hyderabad
Posts: 142
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suncity
I think the comparison is not accurate. The first is a map of India's national highways. They are closest to what can be called interstates in the Indian context (but most are nowhere near the quality of US Interstates or even regular roads).

Although wikipedia is not an accurate source of info, the US had 75,198 kms (2002) of interstate highways.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:M...nterstates.svg

India had about 66,590 kms of National Highways.

What India is doing is pretty straight forward. While National Highways constitute only 2% of India's road network, they carry 40% of the traffic. India is just converting the existing national highways into four lane and six lane networks.

The first three phases will cover about 18,486 kms. 6,679 kms have been completed in the past few years. 7,464 kms are under implementation. About 4,400 kms contracts are still to be awarded. Despite problems of land acquisition and litigation a large portion of the work has been on schedule (a wonder for laid back India). Since this network of 18,486 kms touches almost all major cities and ports, it will act as a major boost to the transportation based sector of the economy.
Thanks for the update :P
__________________
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.
sravan2569 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2006, 08:03 AM   #338
Khanrak
SECULARISM
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 508
Likes (Received): 114

The problem with the people like sravan is that, like so many other third worlders, is that they adhere to this primitive "must never be weak" mentality. Instead of compromise over Kashmir, you get violence. Look at the Middle-East, what has stubborness done? India, Pakistan, and Kashmiris need to stop thinking their invincible or they'll only progress so far. India has not shown weakness since 1987, and still India has not won. Maybe a change of tactic is needed so the war can end, and india can redirect money towards projects like this!

But anyways< nice roads, maybe more can be built when everyone stops fighting
__________________
PAKISTAN NEEDS ITS OWN ATATÜRK

Why do states that enforce Sharia always end up as the world's most repressive states?
[/CENTER]

Last edited by Khanrak; August 16th, 2006 at 08:15 AM.
Khanrak no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2006, 08:30 AM   #339
sravan2569
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chico/Roseville/Hyderabad
Posts: 142
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khanrak
The problem with the people like sravan is that, like so many other third worlders, is that they adhere to this primitive "must never be weak" mentality. Instead of compromise over Kashmir, you get violence. Look at the Middle-East, what has stubborness done? India, Pakistan, and Kashmiris need to stop thinking their invincible or they'll only progress so far. India has not shown weakness since 1987, and still India has not won. Maybe a change of tactic is needed so the war can end, and india can redirect money towards projects like this!

But anyways< nice roads, maybe more can be built when everyone stops fighting
Screw that, Kashmiri's are integral to India. We will defend our citizens against foreign terrorists.

Kashmiri's are just as Indian as a Andhralite or a Delhite...

*slaps self* stay on topic...
__________________
A chain is only as strong as it's weakest link.
sravan2569 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 16th, 2006, 03:20 PM   #340
Suncity
By the ocean
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 28,846
Likes (Received): 14115

Quote:
Originally Posted by sravan2569

*slaps self* stay on topic...
I don't think you can. Unless you stop reacting to personal opinions (which may be confused at best), this thread is not going anywhere. When you try to "represent" a country (as you are in this thread), I think you need to be more careful as to what you say and what you don't. Carefully research what you think are facts before spilling them out. If you have noticed, most repsonsible Indian forumers do not get into arguments with others, because it is simply not worth it.
Suncity no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 08:27 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2018 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

tech management by Sysprosium