SkyscraperCity Forum banner

Windsor Tour (July 2005) - Sculpture Garden

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Blitz 
#1 · (Edited)
Continuing on with my massive Windsor tour of July 2005, here is the Windsor Sculpture Garden, one of the most unique parks in the city and definitely interesting. It is located from Dieppe Gardens going west towards the Ambassador Bridge and the University.

Choo! Choo! The invisible steel coil train!

Totem poles... but this isn't British Columbia!

This is a strange looking bird... and it just laid an egg!

JUMBO... eat your heart out!

I didn't know birds could loop their necks!

Somebody seems to have broken this "puzzle" and dumped in a fountain

Which one is Mario Lemieux and which one is Sidney Crosby?

Thanks, but no thanks. I prefer my apples non-bitten

and the chase is on... with motionless people.

The Canadian Flag

and American Flag

and this monument inbetween...

some display building in the sculpture garden...

Ambassador Bridge... I'll be showing more pics of that later on...

This is the view of the Detroit skyline you'll get from the garden. Is it just me or does the RenCen look SEVERELY out of place?

Hope you enjoying my comical tour of Windsor's unique sculpture garden...

COMING SOON... Downtown Windsor, Downtown Detroit, Detroit Skyline shots...

See less See more
#3 ·
lol! Thanks snoopy, yeah, Windsor does have its share of artsy and creative parks, places, and people! You like the colour of the bridge? It used to be black until painted a few years ago, I think it looks kinda crappy. But, yeah, the Ambassador Bridge does look good.

#5 ·
There's already 35 sculptures there and they add more each year. It's apparently the largest sculpture park in Canada.

Although the scultpure they added this week lasted a grand total of three days before the city removed it because it was deemed too controversial. Good ol' Windsor...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.