daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Manchester Metro Area

Manchester Metro Area For Manchester, Salford and the surrounding area.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 24th, 2012, 10:34 PM   #8701
Seasonedbest
BANNED

Likes (Received): 6

or a fez.

Penny Lane
Seasonedbest no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old December 26th, 2012, 11:04 AM   #8702
neil081273

Likes (Received): 183

Award-winning Heaton Moor restaurant Damson is opening a branch in Manchester city centre. Steve Pilling is eyeing up the ground floor of Lombard Chambers, on the corner of Brown Street and Chancery Lane, behind Ship Canal House on King Street.

http://simonbinns.blogspot.co.uk/201...eaton.html?m=1
neil081273 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2012, 11:10 AM   #8703
madferret

BBC Five Live are reporting that police are guarding the entrance to Selfridges at the Trafford Centre:

madferret no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2012, 01:37 PM   #8704
Seasonedbest
BANNED

wow
Old December 27th, 2012, 02:06 AM   #8705
js1000

Likes (Received): 627

Good. Hope they chuck the sad bastards and tell them to go home. Who actually shops on Boxing Day anyway? Surely has to be one of the most saddest experiences one can think of.

I've noticed the retailers actually don't do sales until the New Year now as they know gullible idiots will always think Boxing Day means bargains galore despite this not being the case.
js1000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2012, 02:57 AM   #8706
Seasonedbest
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by js1000 View Post
I've noticed the retailers actually don't do sales until the New Year now as they know gullible idiots will always think Boxing Day means bargains galore despite this not being the case.
Wot? GAP, Selfridges, Harvey Nicks, Oi Polloi all had 30-40% sales on Christmas Eve or earlier. Online sales started as early as last week. Only Mr Porter, Tres Bien Shop and APC still to go, online at least anyway and many with additional discount codes on sales items.

You’d be stupid to leave your hose full stop if you can get free postage on top.
Old December 27th, 2012, 03:00 AM   #8707
Seasonedbest
BANNED

Quote:
Good. Hope they chuck the sad bastards and tell them to go home.
Clearly a racist
Old December 27th, 2012, 10:08 AM   #8708
madferret

Quote:
Marks & Spencer, John Lewis and Currys/PC World started their online sales on Christmas Eve!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2...ay-sales-early
madferret no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 29th, 2012, 12:07 PM   #8709
flange

Likes (Received): 709

This one passed us by.

Quote:
Jimmy Choo arrives at Selfridges Manchester Exchange

19 November 2012

Selfridges Manchester Exchange Square welcomes luxury British brand Jimmy Choo to the store, just in time for Christmas.

The new boutique at Selfridges houses the latest women’s shoes, handbags and small leather goods along with essential pieces from the Choo 24:7 collection, the perfect shoe and bag wardrobe.

This space reflects the global design store concept, echoing the sensibility of the Jimmy Choo brand, and evokes the architectural glamour of a 1940s boutique.

Jane Sharrocks, General Manager at Selfridges Exchange Square, says “Selfridges’ customers can now treat themselves to items we know will be on many Christmas lists this year. Jimmy Choo is hugely popular with shoppers and we are excited to offer their fantastic products in store.”

Find the perfect haven for any shoe lover in Womenswear on 1 at Selfridges Manchester Exchange.
http://style.selfridges.com/whats-in...ester-exchange
flange no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2012, 03:07 PM   #8710
flange

Likes (Received): 709

Ringspun have opened a store at The Trafford Centre on Lower Peel Avenue in the former Vivienne Westwood Accessories unit.

http://www.traffordcentre.co.uk/shop...ringspun?cat=9

Photos from here.
flange no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 30th, 2012, 04:16 PM   #8711
WingTips

Likes (Received): 114

Arrived at the Lowry Mall...

WingTips no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2013, 11:18 AM   #8712
UK86
UK86

Likes (Received): 29

Can't stand the sales, I've avoided them at all costs. You always come away with stuff you don't really need and it's usually the crap they couldn't sell before anyway.
UK86 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2013, 01:22 PM   #8713
NQ Lee

Likes (Received): 72

The Lowry Outlet is looking a pretty poor sight at the moment after the @home stores have all closed down. I hope it's not long before we get some new retailers in.

There still seems to be an awful lot of empty units in the centre. I counted at least 10 when I last walked around it last week. Does anyone know why the unit next to Chicken Cottage in the food court has never had a tennant?
NQ Lee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2013, 03:53 PM   #8714
WingTips

Quote:
Originally Posted by NQ Lee View Post
The Lowry Outlet is looking a pretty poor sight at the moment after the @home stores have all closed down. I hope it's not long before we get some new retailers in.

There still seems to be an awful lot of empty units in the centre. I counted at least 10 when I last walked around it last week. Does anyone know why the unit next to Chicken Cottage in the food court has never had a tennant?
Have to disagree I am afraid, I tohught as I walked through a few days ago looked pretty good, occupancy is very good, the departure of @home as been on the cards sice Peel took over, me thinks something pretty good awaits the former @home units.
Old January 2nd, 2013, 04:23 PM   #8715
Accura4Matalan

Likes (Received): 364

I was in the Lowry Mall a couple of weeks ago (before the sales), and its looking better and more lively now than it has ever since it opened.
Accura4Matalan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2013, 05:54 PM   #8716
marni1971

Likes (Received): 1066

Was in the Lowry on Sunday and it was a pleasant surprise how busy it was. The shops as well as the mall in general.
marni1971 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2013, 07:12 PM   #8717
NQ Lee

I'm not saying it's not busy, I am just pointing out the number of empty units.

There were quite a few even before the @home and christmas pop-ups closed. I don't dispute that the centre is much busier than it used to be but I do think they have to get a move on with occupying the empty units.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 10:04 AM   #8718
WingTips

Quote:
I'm not saying it's not busy, I am just pointing out the number of empty units.

There were quite a few even before the @home and christmas pop-ups closed. I don't dispute that the centre is much busier than it used to be but I do think they have to get a move on with occupying the empty units.
You need to remember that Peel have plans for the place, given the number of new tenants that have opened up since Peel took over is very very good indeed, this year will see major changes at the Mall, just give it time.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 02:48 PM   #8719
NQ Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingTips View Post
You need to remember that Peel have plans for the place, given the number of new tenants that have opened up since Peel took over is very very good indeed, this year will see major changes at the Mall, just give it time.
I think they could have done better. Footfall has been increasing for a long time now and Peel have been in charge for around 6 months. And yet I still walk around the centre and see lots of empty units and very little change.

The lighting store that has moved in looks badly presented and the products are dull. The Puma store doesn't exactly excite anyone and is usually empty of customers when I go past. The only decent signing has been the Body Shop. However, the fact that you can't buy single items in there has meant that I still use the Body Shop store on King St to do my shopping.

In my opinion I blame this whole Outlet Mall concept. It has never really worked and most of the stores are more expensive than the high street. I think it's a step in the right direction that the @home stores have gone but I still think they have been dragging their heels a little with the turnaround of this centre. The key will be who the new tennant is who goes into the @home units. I really hope it's Next, just what the centre needs. I also hope for something like Gourmet Burger Kitchen to replace pond Quay.
Old January 3rd, 2013, 05:34 PM   #8720
WingTips

Quote:
I think they could have done better. Footfall has been increasing for a long time now and Peel have been in charge for around 6 months. And yet I still walk around the centre and see lots of empty units and very little change.

The lighting store that has moved in looks badly presented and the products are dull. The Puma store doesn't exactly excite anyone and is usually empty of customers when I go past. The only decent signing has been the Body Shop. However, the fact that you can't buy single items in there has meant that I still use the Body Shop store on King St to do my shopping.

In my opinion I blame this whole Outlet Mall concept. It has never really worked and most of the stores are more expensive than the high street. I think it's a step in the right direction that the @home stores have gone but I still think they have been dragging their heels a little with the turnaround of this centre. The key will be who the new tennant is who goes into the @home units. I really hope it's Next, just what the centre needs. I also hope for something like Gourmet Burger Kitchen to replace pond Quay.
They (Peel) must be doing something right, footfall is up on last year, and obviously Peel feel the Mall has a future, hence they bought the place.

Tags
retail