daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > European Forums > UK & Ireland Architecture Forums > Projects and Construction > Manchester Metro Area

Manchester Metro Area For Manchester, Salford and the surrounding area.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old February 22nd, 2006, 12:39 AM   #101
The Longford
Benefit Scrounger

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by flange
.... and it will also probably have a better frontage than the trafford store hopefully actual display windows.
None of the apple stores have 'traditional' frontages- they are all just full apetures or full height glass with little or nothing behind.

Sponsored Links

Old February 22nd, 2006, 12:44 AM   #102
rolybling
CAN'T BE ARSED

Likes (Received): 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysimo123
Dam it doesnt look very big. I wanted a BIG Apple Store. The one in the Trafford Centre isnt big enough at the weekends you can hardly get in there to have a good look around.
yep something nice and tasty on Deansgate would be cool
Old February 22nd, 2006, 12:51 AM   #103
flange

Likes (Received): 707

Yes i know the frontages are not traditional but the trafford store is the only store in the U.K. to have no display windows and i know the frontages are silver with the logo and a big pane of glass, the only diffrence is the Birmingham store which has the same method of frontage but is on a bigger scale, but you never know appple may decide to do something different with the Manchester store aswell

Last edited by flange; February 22nd, 2006 at 01:01 AM.
flange está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2006, 06:03 AM   #104
Mez

Likes (Received): 11

F**k me!!! why has no-one thought of it before me???

We all love 'The Temple'...clearly.

But why oh why havn't the old toilets in St Annes sq been turned into the same thing?????

What an easy way of boosting/extending St annes sq into a covent grd stylee suburb.

Manchester la la la. Manchester la la la
Mez no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 22nd, 2006, 05:54 PM   #105
maggie

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by flange
Yes i know the frontages are not traditional but the trafford store is the only store in the U.K. to have no display windows and i know the frontages are silver with the logo and a big pane of glass, the only diffrence is the Birmingham store which has the same method of frontage but is on a bigger scale, but you never know appple may decide to do something different with the Manchester store aswell
something like the regent street flagship store would be brilliant to have. i love that place
maggie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old February 25th, 2006, 01:32 PM   #106
flange

apple store for manchester ardnale is now confirmed

here is the information

apple arndale confirmation

apple arndale more confirmation
Old February 28th, 2006, 10:31 PM   #107
andysimo123
wind-up merchant

Likes (Received): 47

For anyone looking for a job Apple are now hiring for the new store in the Arndale. http://www.apple.com/uk/retail/jobs/
andysimo123 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2006, 12:49 PM   #108
GShutty

Likes (Received): 525

Any clues?

Does anybody know what's going in the unit on Croporation St between the new Nike shop and WHSmiths? they've got scaffolding outside at the moment.

That area is seeing a lot more people since Next opened. I was just looking at an Old A-Z. Could never understand why the unit didn't get snapped up when the lovely Cannon St, Bus station was there LOL (brings back awful memories).
Old March 1st, 2006, 05:47 PM   #109
flange

it should say in here what it is going to be i think it is a little bit out of date but have a look

arndale floorplan
Old March 1st, 2006, 07:37 PM   #110
havaska

Likes (Received): 39

Wahey! ANOTHER Caffé Nero. A bit close to the existing suspended one in the triangle (love where that is, but hate the way it sways) and the other Starbucks inside the Arndale...
havaska no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2006, 07:51 PM   #111
future.architect
Far East London

Likes (Received): 448

when i worked at h&m, there was always talk of us opening annother shop in the arndale

>>>Like house music? Click here!<<<
future.architect no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2006, 08:24 PM   #112
GShutty

Likes (Received): 525

Not Another!

Cheers Flange!

Can't believe another bloody Cafe Nero! I've tried to take the view- "at least the unit gets filled", but really!

Cheers for the info anyway. It's good to see that Virgin will be exerting their influence onto Withy Grove. Should help to spread the Market st crowd a fair bit.

I don't suppose you've got any future images of the Arndale Flange (or anybody)? So far so good I say. I know many people think it could have been better/ could be better, but compared to what we had, it's IMO a very significant improvement.

Do you remember sitting outside Tiger Tiger on a sunny day, pre Next! Horrific. It feels really vibrant and European around there now!
Old March 5th, 2006, 04:54 PM   #113
flange

does anyone have any news or pics of how the trafford centre extensions ( Barton Square and The Great Hall), great northern warehouse, ardnale and any other shopping centre extensions or refurbishments in manchester are going on
Old March 5th, 2006, 08:12 PM   #114
SleepyOne

Likes (Received): 1

Cant be long before the Royal Exchange reopens. Any idea what retailers are lined up for what promises to be a pretty exciting new development.
SleepyOne no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2006, 10:27 PM   #115
jrb
10th February 2008

Likes (Received): 2890

Quote:
Originally Posted by SleepyOne
Cant be long before the Royal Exchange reopens. Any idea what retailers are lined up for what promises to be a pretty exciting new development.
Under wraps Sleepy.

Very upmarket retailers apprently.

Like we haven't got enough of them in the city centre already.

This PDF has been posted before, but it's still worth another look as it gives a glimpse of what's in store for the refurbished Royal exchange Shopping Centre.

http://www.ormeretail.co.uk/pdf/lr_re_manchester.pdf

Last edited by jrb; March 5th, 2006 at 10:37 PM.
jrb no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2006, 01:03 AM   #116
jrb
10th February 2008

Is anybody else getting sick of those traders(cough) and their mobile stalls on Market Street? There a F***ing disgrace, there everywhere.
Mobile candy floss stall, mobile tattoo spraying stall, mobile selection box/easter egg stall, mobile cheap plastic toy stall, etc. The best one of the lot is a static stall where you have to raise a Coca Cola bottle upright with a rod and loop to win a tenner.(Jesus) The Council needs to act fast before this spreads throughout the city centre shopping areas.
Old March 6th, 2006, 01:15 AM   #117
The Longford
Benefit Scrounger

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrb
Is anybody else getting sick of those traders(cough) and their mobile stalls on Market Street? There a F***ing disgrace, there everywhere.
Mobile candy floss stall, mobile tattoo spraying stall, mobile selection box/easter egg stall, mobile cheap plastic toy stall, etc. The best one of the lot is a static stall where you have to raise a Coca Cola bottle upright with a rod and loop to win a tenner.(Jesus) The Council needs to act fast before this spreads throughout the city centre shopping areas.
You want to go to Liverpool mate (or perhaps you dont).
Outside St Johns on saturday there was double size market stall selling dvd's for a pound. I literally could not believe what i was seeing.
Liverpool: European Capital of (Counterfeit) Culture
Old March 6th, 2006, 01:20 AM   #118
highriser

Likes (Received): 24

Well ive got one for you,,,i was in Sheffield a few months ago and this guy had a wallpaper pasting table out ,selling (wait for it ) Nescafe coffee and Vaseline

It looked so ******* bizarre i had to look twice
highriser no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 6th, 2006, 01:31 AM   #119
jrb
10th February 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Longford
Outside St Johns on saturday there was double size market stall selling dvd's for a pound. I literally could not believe what i was seeing.
Apparently static stalls aren't allowed on Market street, so these traders(arf) are getting around that rule by using mobile stalls. Perhaps a phone call to the DSS might help?
Old March 6th, 2006, 01:58 AM   #120
Pietari
Just something

Likes (Received): 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Longford
Absolutely disgraceful it must be put a stop to immediately but then again I don`t suppose it`ll put a stop to `Man U` bringing out a couple of over priced `strips` once or twice a year or more to be copied in Asia.

Needs obviously must.
http://www.wirralwaters.com/
1,000s of maitime companies employ 10s of 1,000s of staff with an annual turnover of £2.5bns+ / 15% of the Merseyside economy. The Super Port of Liverpool is expanding & with 150,000 ship movements a year, the River Mersey is the UK’s 3rd busiest estuary.
http://www.shipais.com/index.php
The Merseyrail network runs 700 services a day, the most intense of any in the UK apart from London Underground.
http://visitliverpool.com/
Pietari no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
retail