daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Continental Forums > North American Skyscrapers Forum > General > NASF Archive

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 20th, 2005, 11:22 PM   #81
jacerw99
Lurrrrrd

Likes (Received): 0

Cory, perhaps I will see you around the condo tour. I'm also going with a big gaggle of my friends--I can't wait! I'm very excited to see Mill #9. Love that building.
jacerw99 no está en línea  

Sponsored Links

Old October 21st, 2005, 12:16 AM   #82
araman0
Purdue U. / Marquette U.

Likes (Received): 94

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwilson758
I got this email today. I am going to the condo tour with some friends tomorrow after work. I am looking forward to the food. I normally can't afford places like Oceanaire unless its a special occasion, so for $20 cocktails and apps are well worth it to me:

One Market Square is participating in Indianapolis Monthly's & Indianapolis Downtown Inc.'s first ever Downtown Condo Tour this Friday & Saturday evenings from 5 to 9 p.m. This event offers you the perfect chance to visit our new designer model & sales center & see first hand the exciting changes & opportunities available at One Market Square. In less than three weeks, we have far surpassed with reservations the level of interest that existed last year. We attribute this to the many changes & enhancements in the design, pricing, & amenities now included in the project. We will be open this Friday & Saturday from 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. & Sunday from noon to 5 p.m. Feel free to visit us during these times. Floor plans & general pricing are now available at OneMarketSquare.com. We hope to see you soon!

Very encouraged by the reservations. Hopefully they meet their end-of-the-year deadline and construction starts this spring!
I havn't read much of this thread yet, so sorry if the answer exists elsewhere, but could you please send me more information on this tour? I might have to make it down there on Saturday. Thanks in advance.
araman0 no está en línea  
Old October 21st, 2005, 12:45 AM   #83
jacerw99
Lurrrrrd

Here you are:
http://www.indianapolismonthly.com/c....html#adanchor
jacerw99 no está en línea  
Old October 21st, 2005, 02:43 AM   #84
KM1410

Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwilson758
In less than three weeks, we have far surpassed with reservations the level of interest that existed last year.
Hopefully they're telling the truth this time.
KM1410 no está en línea  
Old October 21st, 2005, 03:27 PM   #85
cwilson758
Cory

Likes (Received): 8

Jacer-

Cool! I will be with two other girls. I think it will be fun.
cwilson758 no está en línea  
Old October 21st, 2005, 06:43 PM   #86
cwilson758
Cory

Look at this shot. You can tell it is from 1990 because 1 Indiana Square still has its old cladding at the top. Anyway, my point with this pic is...look at Mass Ave and notice the availablity of parking! You can't find a parking space on tha street now!

Old October 23rd, 2005, 08:49 AM   #87
thehoss257

Likes (Received): 31

Sounds like an interesting conversation... I recently happened upon this forum and thought I would join in.

My Name is Matt Hostetler. I'm a grad student in the Ball State College of Architecture and Planning. I live in Indianapolis and am commuting to Muncie twice a week for a 1 hour class (an unbelievable waste of gas!!!). At the current rate, I’m hoping to earn my planning degree sometime before the end of the decade.

Cory, you may remember me. I was an intern for the MPO a couple summers back.

Anyway, I wanted to find out how the condo tour went.
thehoss257 no está en línea  
Old October 23rd, 2005, 10:09 AM   #88
araman0
Purdue U. / Marquette U.

^ Welcome to the forum! After driving all the way down there today, I found out that the tickets for the tour had sold out! Oh well, that didn't stop me from sneaking in to the Athletic Club Condiminiums to see their 7th floor model. It was pretty nice, but don't know when I will be able to afford the $451,000 price tag. They did say however that there were some one bedroom condos on the lower floors for $170,000 or so.
araman0 no está en línea  
Old October 23rd, 2005, 05:02 PM   #89
cwilson758
Cory

yes, I do remember you!

The Tour went very well. We had a lot of fun (drank more than we should have). I think the response was over whelming because each restaurant ran out of food!

Anyway, the Conrad will be AWESOME. Flat screens in the living and bed rooms, top amenities, etc. I would suspect that it at least gets a 4-star rating!

One Market Square...Amazing! The building is very cool and will do a lot for the skyline. All of the elevations that we have seen only show the side that faces downtown, well, there is a full scale of the building at the sales center and it is much more massive than the pics we have seen show. IMO, the eastside is much better looking than than the west. There is depth to the building and as a whole it is a very good looking residential building. The sales guys said since redesign they have had very good sales and "this is going to happen." I was with a friend who has a friend who is working on the project and she confirmed that he also stated that the project is going to happen.

I also saw Mill #9 and the Packard.
Old October 23rd, 2005, 09:45 PM   #90
araman0
Purdue U. / Marquette U.

^ Great news on the 2 towers! I'm so mad I wasn't able to see them.
araman0 no está en línea  
Old October 24th, 2005, 12:15 AM   #91
Indyman

Likes (Received): 4

I'm confused, I thought the Conrad was expected to be 5-star.
Old October 24th, 2005, 04:33 AM   #92
KM1410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyman
I'm confused, I thought the Conrad was expected to be 5-star.
The hotel is aiming for 5 stars, but very few hotels attain 5 star status. Thats probably why cwilson said atleast 4 stars.
KM1410 no está en línea  
Old October 24th, 2005, 05:24 AM   #93
Indyman

I hope they do attain 5-stars, it is a Conrad after all. I'm sure the hotel will do their very best to reach that goal.
Old October 24th, 2005, 06:08 AM   #94
KM1410

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indyman
I hope they do attain 5-stars, it is a Conrad after all. I'm sure the hotel will do their very best to reach that goal.
Yeah, it would be great for the city if it gets 5 stars. Here's a link to an article that was in the Star regarding what it will take for the Conrad to get 5 stars:

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...506170522/1003
KM1410 no está en línea  
Old October 24th, 2005, 09:34 AM   #95
thehoss257

Likes (Received): 31

Flatiron Buildings...

I am excited about the possibility of a tower on the site of the Zipper Building. I'm assuming the building will take advantage of the shape of its site and take the form of a flatiron building.

Hopefully this means we're starting to once again view the diagonals of Alexander Ralston's original plat as an asset. The vacation of these streets remains one of downtowns greatest tragedies. The location of the National City Center, AUL Tower, One Indiana Square, and Virginia Avenue Parking Garage over these important streets was totally unnecessary.

Anyway, I would love to see a well designed tower replace the Zipper building. I hope that developer isn't just dreaming.
thehoss257 no está en línea  
Old October 24th, 2005, 03:29 PM   #96
cwilson758
Cory

OH, I meant to write, the One Market Square Tower's mid-rise section will have roof top gardens! They will be pretty cool.

I agree about the diagonal streets. It is a shame the city thought it was OK to vacate these. They really do a lot for our "history" and break-up the boring grid.
Old October 24th, 2005, 10:41 PM   #97
marek bielski
SS-man: Semen Shedder

Likes (Received): 22

hey guys, I found an old National Geographic from 1987 where Indy was featured. It said that the city has been booming unlike other rustbelt cities in the region. Trying to redefine itself from a blant midwestern town through sports (how Indy got the Colts from Baltimore) and good hospitals. And that it was successful. Very interesting read, I can scan it for you, if there is some interest.

How many towers are now uc in Indy ?
marek bielski no está en línea  
Old October 25th, 2005, 12:21 AM   #98
Indyman

yes plese scan it i would love to see that. Hopefully we see another boom like that.
Old October 25th, 2005, 12:22 AM   #99
indyfan

^ I remember that well. I saved it and it's lying around my house somewhere. Not long after that, there was a big writeup in USA Today about Indy that was kind of similiar.
indyfan no está en línea  
Old October 25th, 2005, 12:31 AM   #100
Indyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by KM1410
Yeah, it would be great for the city if it gets 5 stars. Here's a link to an article that was in the Star regarding what it will take for the Conrad to get 5 stars:

http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dl...506170522/1003
Wow. After reading the criteria that article outlines for the Mobile 5 stars I am shocked. Thats alot of stuff to do. I was also suprised the New York Conrad only got three stars. The managers have alot to do to get ready for that.